Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Did Ghostcrawler reveal the new class in expansion 5?

Note: This is purely speculation.

So during GC's famous Tinker tweets this past summer, he made the following statements;

Thoughts of a Tinker class? If not now maybe down the road?
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious. (Source)
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so. (Source)
    I don't know. Lucca from Chrono Trigger could work. A little bit of gnomish (tee hee) world enlarger goes a long way IMO. (Source)
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug. (Source)
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...84467674243072

That line about Lucca from Chrono Trigger is an interesting one. For those who don't know, Chrono Trigger was an old Square game from the 1990s on the Super NES/Famicom that was based on time-travel. Lucca was an inventor who built the time machine that started the entire adventure. Its fascinating that out of all tech-class references, he chose one that had a time-travel slant.

pic:

The game itself:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger

Again, this could mean absolutely nothing. However IF the next Xpac is Warlords of Draenor, AND it deals with time travel, that's a very interesting tweet from GC that could be possibly a clue as to what to expect in the next expansion.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I love Bioshock Infinite and my Sky Golem, but Tinker is just too silly for me. I'm all for Dragonsworn or Titanborn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but like.. What "race" would they be?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

That's a pretty good theory. Guess we'll know soon enough.

He's made other comments that strongly suggest it isn't an immediate plan for wow. And now that we have an xpac tile I would think Demon Hunter would be firming as favourite tbh.

@NathanielCraver:

@Ghostcrawler:
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious.

@Ghostcrawler:
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so.

@Ghostcrawler:
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug.

'someday' suggests pretty strongly it hasn't happened yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Gnome and Goblin only.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Orc, Draenei, Blood Elves?

Considering that the game already has Dwarf, Gnome and Goblin engineers/inventors (not to mention unplayable races such as Ethereals), I can think of a few.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    He's made other comments that strongly suggest it isn't an immediate plan for wow. And now that we have an xpac tile I would think Demon Hunter would be firming as favourite tbh.

@NathanielCraver:

@Ghostcrawler:
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious.

@Ghostcrawler:
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so.

@Ghostcrawler:
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug.

'someday' suggests pretty strongly it hasn't happened yet.
    "Someday" could also strongly suggest the release date of the next expansion.

As for Demon Hunters, keep in mind that at the time of Draenor's destruction, Illidan was imprisoned by Maiv Shadowsong.

It was Illidan who brought Demon Hunters to Draenor/Outland.

Any race could be one, that's not the important part. How the class will fit into the theme of the xpac is really important. If we go back to Draenor's past this doesn't seem likely. They all would be blown away by the tech lol. I can't think of a class they could use to be honest. Maybe something completely new we haven't thought of yet.

the character made devices to travel through time..... this isnt an engineer they would be designing it would be a Timewalker..... sadly

I'm down with Tinker, but I really want Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I love Bioshock Infinite and my Sky Golem, but Tinker is just too silly for me. I'm all for Dragonsworn or Titanborn.

yep to this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Any race could be one, that's not the important part. How the class will fit into the theme of the xpac is really important. If we go back to Draenor's past this doesn't seem likely. They all would be blown away by the tech lol. I can't think of a class they could use to be honest. Maybe something completely new we haven't thought of yet.
    Well keep in mind that the Draenei arrived on Draenor in a space ship. So Goblin/Gnome tech wouldn't be a huge shock for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    the character made devices to travel through time..... this isnt an engineer they would be designing it would be a Timewalker..... sadly
    Agreed with the Timewalker concept, but strongly disagree with "sadly". I think this premise is really cool.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

New class is Demon Hunter

They already said during the end of TBC / Release of WotLK that they had 3 classes already designed and were thinking which to release first .....Death Knight , Monk , Demon Hunter since 2 of the 3 are already out i think we all know which ones the new upcoming one

EDIT- Also since new expac seems to be based on burning legion / demons (Warlords Of Draenor) Demon Hunter seems prefect for it. Also i think they hinted towards the return of Illidan last blizzcon
    Last edited by RAFFLES; 2013-11-01 at 09:50 PM.

Timewalkers are probably going to be only a faction honestly. Mages already use time magic, and Timewalkers serve the Bronze Dragonflight, not Alliance or Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Note: This is purely speculation.

So during GC's famous Tinker tweets this past summer, he made the following statements;

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...84467674243072

That line about Lucca from Chrono Trigger is an interesting one. For those who don't know, Chrono Trigger was an old Square game from the 1990s on the Super NES/Famicom that was based on time-travel. Lucca was an inventor who built the time machine that started the entire adventure. Its fascinating that out of all tech-class references, he chose one that had a time-travel slant.

pic:

The game itself:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger

Again, this could mean absolutely nothing. However IF the next Xpac is Warlords of Draenor, AND it deals with time travel, that's a very interesting tweet from GC that could be possibly a clue as to what to expect in the next expansion.

Thoughts?
    I for one really want the Tinker class, but it seems more prevalent to me, the possible "Easter Eggs" of the x3 Time Warden NPC's on the Timeless Isle make more sense. If not this expac maybe the next one for a Tinker Class? Though some may think it is silly, I personally feel it would bring alot of life back into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    New class is Demon Hunter

They already said during the end of TBC / Release of WotLK that they had 3 classes already designed and were thinking which to release first .....Death Knight , Monk , Demon Hunter since 2 of the 3 are already out i think we all know which ones the new upcoming one

EDIT- Also since new expac seems to be based on burning legion / demons (Warlords Of Draenor) Demon Hunter seems prefect for it. Also i think they hinted towards the return of Illidan last blizzcon
    I don't remember ever hearing this, can you provide a source please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I for one really want the Tinker class, but it seems more prevalent to me, the possible "Easter Eggs" of the x3 Time Warden NPC's on the Timeless Isle make more sense. If not this expac maybe the next one for a Tinker Class? Though some may think it is silly, I personally feel it would bring alot of life back into the game.
    It could very well be Timewalkers. I just don't know how you rectify the issue of Time Powers already being used by Mages. It could cause severe overlap. And of course there's the big lore issue with Dragonflights.

That said, I'm just speculating. We'll know in 7 days.