Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The game would actually be WORSE after a DH inclusion, because of the type of player that would be drawn to that class. It will be the type who complains as soon as Blizzard starts nerfing the class, and calls themselves IllidanXYZ or something similar.

    1. I like Demon Hunters.
    2. I don't particularly like Illidan. He's a villain with a bare minimum of poorly executed complexity.
    3. I like my characters to have unique names.

    So on this point, you are completely fucking wrong. Also, congratulations for making the same idiotic over-generalizations people made about Death Knights in Wrath.


    Not to mention that a Demon Hunter class would effectively render both the Rogue and Warlock classes obsolete.
    1. Demon Hunters have never been portrayed as stealthy thieves who rely on fighting dirty and poisons, so wrong.
    2. Demon Hunters have never been portrayed as ranged spellcasters with minions, so wrong.

    You aren't just wrong, you are really fucking wrong. It is mind-boggling that you can type the garbage you type without any sense of shame or any sort of care for what reality actually is.

  2. #442
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,260
    And yet another thread about everyone's favorite class that is melee warlock. I hope Blizzard makes one so that all these demonhunterlovers shut the fuck up at long last. It's been years of nagging about how everyone and their dog wants to be kewl like Illidan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    1. Demon Hunters have never been portrayed as stealthy thieves who rely on fighting dirty and poisons, so wrong.
    2. Demon Hunters have never been portrayed as ranged spellcasters with minions, so wrong.

    You aren't just wrong, you are really fucking wrong. It is mind-boggling that you can type the garbage you type without any sense of shame or any sort of care for what reality actually is.
    1. Demon Hunters have always been portrayed as agile dual-wielding combatants that rely on evasion, much like rogues.
    2. Demon Hunters have always been portrayed as users of demonic magic, and their ultimate ability has been made demo warlocks' signature spell. Heck, even the model is the same.

    So, light-armored, dual-wielding combat rogues with warlocks' Metamorphosis. Here, I made your dream class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  3. #443
    A Demonhunter hunts demons. It is not a demon that hunts. Therefor they aint got no demonic powers. Would be silly anyway, he had to hunt himself...

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    A Demonhunter hunts demons. It is not a demon that hunts. Therefor they aint got no demonic powers. Would be silly anyway, he had to hunt himself...
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_hunter Reading is fundamental.

  5. #445
    The Patient Fur Play's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cardiff, South Wales.
    Posts
    332
    No thanks, enough classes already.

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    They are night elves, with some blood elves. They have a whole organization training more of them. They are most assuredly not warlocks- who have their own separate organization, none of which are the same.
    We don't know what races can be or are DHs in the gameworld
    The organisation training them is Illidans and we have no information on any other body
    That they are not warlocks is your own viewpoint of them and not something denied in lore.


    Warlocks are not demon hunters. You can test this for yourself by looking at a warlock, then looking at a demon hunter, and noting how they have nothing at all in common.
    Warlock in Betrayer armor vs Illidan.
    Warlock in Meta vs any other DH in Meta.

    I've looked. What's the issue?

    This isn't some kind of strange prejudice of mine- it's simply how they are presented in every media, ranging from WCIII to the RPG book to the books to the history to in game to everything at all about these classes ever. Switching to thinly veiled ad hominem about "how I view the class" won't help, but feel free to keep trying.
    But is is how you view the class. What is there about warlocks that prevents them from gaining a 4th spec that is melee orientated? Is there something about the class that prevents Blizzard adding Warlocks to those allowed to wield the Glaives? Is there any gameplay with prevents them allowing Night Elfs to be Warlocks?

    You say there is...but all the evidence you have offered is how YOU think the class should be. Nothing else...just your personal opinion on how the class should be designed and implemented.

    EJL

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Warlock in Betrayer armor vs Illidan.
    Warlock in Meta vs any other DH in Meta.

    I've looked. What's the issue?

    EJL
    Logical fallacy, that's the issue.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

    You're basically saying
    1. Warlock looks like Illidan
    2. Illidan is a Demon Hunter
    3. Therefore, Warlocks are Demon hunters.

    If that was true, then Bill Gates owns Fort Knox because he is rich.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-06 at 11:56 PM.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You're basically saying
    1. Warlock looks like Illidan
    2. Illidan is a Demon Hunter
    3. Therefore, Warlocks are Demon hunters.
    No...I'm saying Blizzard has given everything that makes a Demon Hunter a Demon Hunter to Warlocks, creatign a huge design overlap between the two classes that cannot becountered easily whilst still retaining the DH flavor.

    You either redesign the DH so it isn't a DH anymore, or you make Warlcoks Demon Hunters.
    The former has baggage associated with the name, and the latter is essentially what Blizzard has been doing for 6 years.

    Warlocks look like Illidan...because Blizzard made a deliberate design decision to give them that look. Warlocks have metamorphosis because Blizzard made a deliberate design decision to give them that move. Demon Hunters use a lot of Warlock moves because Blizzard made a deliberate design decision to give them those moves.

    And so on. If Blizzard has spent 6 years taking elements from DHs and giving them to Warlcoks, why do you think they'll stop or reverse that process? Given the degree of crossover, why do you think Blizzard will want to create a class with so much of its design and flavor and potential is already in game?

    EJL

  9. #449
    You either redesign the DH so it isn't a DH anymore
    Guess what? The DK in World of Warcraft is not the exact same DK in Warcraft 3. Blizzard made a point in noting that and IT TURNED OUT JUST FINE. You can't hope to actually think a class in an RTS with like 4 abilities will turn out the exact same in an MMO with 40+? That's idiotic.

    Of course the Demon Hunter will be vastly different if it's introduced, and that's just fine. Were Death Knights dual wielding in Warcraft 3? Did they wield Axes and Maces? Polearms? No, did none of those things. And yet here we are.

    Literally all of the arguments against a Demon Hunter plain suck. You people have nothing. If Blizzard decides to implement the DH as the next class, they will implement it successfully and make it unique enough.

    And that's all I'm saying on this topic. People here are infuriating.

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Guess what? The DK in World of Warcraft is not the exact same DK in Warcraft 3.
    The DK did not face competition from a class with a the same them and flavor. No other class worked with Undead.

    This point is not new, nor is it a revelation. Blizzard COULD indeed make a DH class that bore no resemblance to the Warlock, making it unique.

    But then, it'd have nothing that people expect from a WOW DH. It would not actually be a Demon Hunter in anything but name. So, why do it? Why bring along all that baggage for no benefit?

    EJL

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    No...I'm saying Blizzard has given everything that makes a Demon Hunter a Demon Hunter to Warlocks, creatign a huge design overlap between the two classes that cannot becountered easily whilst still retaining the DH flavor.
    Except they haven't, and that's why you have to make an argument for why Warlocks would become melee or use Warglaives. Unfortunately, that argument is not very sound, because the core class was never intended to play like a melee dual wielding class in the first place.

    You either redesign the DH so it isn't a DH anymore, or you make Warlcoks Demon Hunters.
    The former has baggage associated with the name, and the latter is essentially what Blizzard has been doing for 6 years.
    No class in WoW is 1:1 the same as their Warcraft 3 counterpart. Every class has been redesigned to work as an MMO. Druids in WoW do not play like Druids in Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 doesn't have the infrastucture of a MMORPG, such as multiple spells being cast in a DPS rotation, survival and aggro abilities to Tank, or multiple healing spells to provide a full Healing class. The only thing we draw from Warcraft 3 is the basic themes and names of abilities as inspiration for new abilities and mechanics for a new class.

    I can tell you that as a Guardian Druid, my gameplay does not only consist of just casting Rejuv on myself, Roaring and then auto-attacking things until they die.

  12. #452
    Thimagryn you're arguing with a guy who explicitly stated that the absence of negative evidence is proof of the affirmative - that because there is nothing that explicitly states "Demon Hunters are not Warlocks", then they must be Warlocks.

    It's like arguing with somebody who believes "There is no evidence aliens didn't land at Roswell, therefore aliens must've landed at Roswell."

    Not to mention how just flat out factually incorrect (and willfully so) his "I've looked" post is. The Dark Embrace is the organization training new Demon Hunters, not the Illidari. Meta for NPC Demon Hunters in game uses a different model than the Warcraft 3 model that Demonology Warlocks use (so his "I've looked" line is an outright lie, as well).

    He, like Teriz, is nothing but a hypocrite with no capacity for rational thought. They WANT to believe something, so they go looking for evidence to confirm their belief and damn everything else.

  13. #453
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,300
    Love the stupidity of people saying there is no niche for a demon hunter, when there is currently no class in game that is a melee demonic fighter. No matter how you want the warlock to be this, they will never be the melee demonic fighter. They even took away all their survivability to stay in melee. Why do you think shadowflame was redesigned to be hand of gul'dan, to get warlocks out of melee!

    Oh, but, warlocks lay claim to demonic magic? Stfu before you hurt yourselves. Just like Druids lay claim to nature magic... oh shit, shamans AND MONKS use it as well. Just like Paladins lay claim to the Light... oh shit priests do as well. Just like Priest lay claim to plagues... god damn it Death knights.... You get where I am going with this? No class is there own. No magic is owned by a single class.

    As much as you want to tell me the Betrayer Armor is basically them saying "Oh warlocks are demon hunters," go tell me what the warrior Dreadnaught gear looks like. Definitely Death knight look.. but we got dks. Plus, the lore behind the Betrayer armor is we ripped Illidan's skin, his blindfold, and all that jazz and made an armor out of it... sounds totally legit and lore centric, even though it is given Illidan is coming back. =\ Please stop with the stupidity of "Its in game, it means its canon lore!" Wrong, it was fun. Plus, 2/3rds of the Black harvest quests were cut, where in the end, we might have learned what happened to Illidan, but they cut them, including a warlock's own sanctuary similar to the monks and dks. damn.

    The People that are solely fighting against dhs are the same nutjobs that believe locks and dhs are the same and blizz are lumping them together, when it became very clear in the green fire quest that they pushing them further apart.

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No

    10 chars
    That's not a desire. Get intelligent.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Except they haven't, and that's why you have to make an argument for why Warlocks would become melee or use Warglaives.
    Warlocks can use swords, they can't dual wield but they can use swords. Which means all that's stopping them using the Glaives is an easily changed class restriction and all that's stopping them dual wielding is an easily added skill. Melee viability is what a 4th spec would add...and melee capability is what they have NOW.

    But everything that makes a DH a DH - the theme, the flavor, the look - Warlocks HAVE. They have it all right now.

    Unfortunately, that argument is not very sound, because the core class was never intended to play like a melee dual wielding class in the first place.
    Which is why Blizzard would need to add a 4th spec. To provide that gameplay capability. Or do you really think Blizzard won't be able to create a dual wielding melee tank from a mere expansion on what the class has now if it has a full spec to work with?

    The only thing we draw from Warcraft 3 is the basic themes and names of abilities
    And warlocks already have the Demon theme and the meta skill. They have the look and the role. They can be given the rotation and abilities with a 4th spec. But what has to remain unique (barring a gameplay reason) to Warlocks is their theme, their flavor, their iconic and class defining moves.

    Just about everything else is negotiable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Thimagryn you're arguing with a guy who explicitly stated that the absence of negative evidence is proof of the affirmative - that because there is nothing that explicitly states "Demon Hunters are not Warlocks", then they must be Warlocks.
    No. I didn't. I stated something akin to there is nothing in game to disprove the link, no canon reason why a demon hunter could not be designed as a Warlock subspec. That doesn't mean it has to be...just you can't use non-canon supposition to dismiss the idea or concept simply because it doesn't agree with how you want to see the class concept implemented.

    Conversely, if you do have such canonical proof, the people need to do more than say it exists,. They need to produce it. And then show how it isn't mere opinion. Which is what happens every single time - the so-called proof turns out to be yet another version "This is my vision of the class".

    Not to mention how just flat out factually incorrect (and willfully so) his "I've looked" post is. The Dark Embrace is the organization training new Demon Hunters, not the Illidari.
    The "Dark Embrace" is an entity which exists in only one place in game. In the title bestowed upon Telarius. Sure..it MIGHT be a DH organisation. But then again, it might be a metaphor for Death. Or something else. If you have some form of canon proof of this organisation, present it. otherwise, the people training Demon Hunters in game are Illidans Illidari and your opinion that the Dark Embrace is a DH organisation is nothing more than opinion and fanfic.

    Meta for NPC Demon Hunters in game uses a different model than the Warcraft 3 model that Demonology Warlocks use (so his "I've looked" line is an outright lie, as well).
    I'm aware they have different models. But I essentially see little difference between one class turning into a winged purple demon and another class turning into a winged purple demon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Love the stupidity of people saying there is no niche for a demon hunter, when there is currently no class in game that is a melee demonic fighter
    Warlock. Melee moves, demon theme.

    No matter how you want the warlock to be this, they will never be the melee demonic fighter.
    Unless Blizzard add a 4th spec to give that capability. Or do you have a reason Blizzard can't do this?

    They even took away all their survivability to stay in melee. Why do you think shadowflame was redesigned to be hand of gul'dan, to get warlocks out of melee!
    And then gave the Warlocks melee tanking capability

    Oh, but, warlocks lay claim to demonic magic?
    No...the theme. A lot of people try to obscure this by focussing not on the actual theme of the class, but on the classes predominant class of magic...when the magic class used is actually fairly irrelevant.

    The People that are solely fighting against dhs are the same nutjobs that believe locks and dhs are the same and blizz are lumping them together, when it became very clear in the green fire quest that they pushing them further apart.
    Tying the class even more tightly together is your idea of pushing them apart? Really? Or did I dream Blizzard explicitly linking DH and Warlock lore?

    EJL

  16. #456
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Love the stupidity of people saying there is no niche for a demon hunter, when there is currently no class in game that is a melee demonic fighter. No matter how you want the warlock to be this, they will never be the melee demonic fighter. They even took away all their survivability to stay in melee. Why do you think shadowflame was redesigned to be hand of gul'dan, to get warlocks out of melee!
    That really isn't a niche. It also doesn't help your argument that Warlocks can already transform into near-Melee demons themselves.

    Oh, but, warlocks lay claim to demonic magic? Stfu before you hurt yourselves. Just like Druids lay claim to nature magic... oh shit, shamans AND MONKS use it as well. Just like Paladins lay claim to the Light... oh shit priests do as well. Just like Priest lay claim to plagues... god damn it Death knights.... You get where I am going with this? No class is there own. No magic is owned by a single class.
    Yeah, and what you don't understand is that none of those are alike. Generating magic from martial arts gives you an entirely different set of abilities than nature magic that allows you to transform into animals.

    As for Paladins and Priests, you're talking about one class that uses holy magic for healing, DPS, and Tanking, and another class that uses holy magic to only heal.

    Warlocks and DHs? Both would be using Demonic magic for DPS. The fact that they share abilities makes this overlap even worse.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-11-07 at 02:45 AM.

  17. #457
    Personally am not hoping for Demon Hunters. Too similar to Hunters or Warlocks. I'd much rather something completely new.

    Tinker sounds like a logical choice that can use various inventions to fight, like a battle mech armor for melee or tank. Epic.

    We'll see in two days! Can't wait.

  18. #458
    Mechagnome jishdefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stealthed
    Posts
    600
    IMHO, the Demon Hunter will be the nail in the coffin for the rogue class. Their niche has been shrinking with every class addition.

    Want to play the darkest and most sinister melee class in WoW?

    Vanilla & BC: Rogues got you covered!

    WotLK: Play a DK and tank too!

    Want to play a master of martial combat and acrobatics?

    Vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cata: Rogue, duh!

    Mists: Or you could be a Monk and tank, heal, AND be a badass.

    Seriously, with the addition of yet another dark melee class, Rogues will have virtually no class identity anymore. Point is, the melee class horse is dead. It doesn't need to be beat on anymore.

    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of wow.joystiq.com and woweh.com

  19. #459
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Warlocks can use swords, they can't dual wield but they can use swords. Which means all that's stopping them using the Glaives is an easily changed class restriction and all that's stopping them dual wielding is an easily added skill. Melee viability is what a 4th spec would add...and melee capability is what they have NOW.

    But everything that makes a DH a DH - the theme, the flavor, the look - Warlocks HAVE. They have it all right now.

    Which is why Blizzard would need to add a 4th spec. To provide that gameplay capability. Or do you really think Blizzard won't be able to create a dual wielding melee tank from a mere expansion on what the class has now if it has a full spec to work with?

    And warlocks already have the Demon theme and the meta skill. They have the look and the role. They can be given the rotation and abilities with a 4th spec. But what has to remain unique (barring a gameplay reason) to Warlocks is their theme, their flavor, their iconic and class defining moves.

    Just about everything else is negotiable.

    No. I didn't. I stated something akin to there is nothing in game to disprove the link, no canon reason why a demon hunter could not be designed as a Warlock subspec. That doesn't mean it has to be...just you can't use non-canon supposition to dismiss the idea or concept simply because it doesn't agree with how you want to see the class concept implemented.

    Conversely, if you do have such canonical proof, the people need to do more than say it exists,. They need to produce it. And then show how it isn't mere opinion. Which is what happens every single time - the so-called proof turns out to be yet another version "This is my vision of the class".

    The "Dark Embrace" is an entity which exists in only one place in game. In the title bestowed upon Telarius. Sure..it MIGHT be a DH organisation. But then again, it might be a metaphor for Death. Or something else. If you have some form of canon proof of this organisation, present it. otherwise, the people training Demon Hunters in game are Illidans Illidari and your opinion that the Dark Embrace is a DH organisation is nothing more than opinion and fanfic.

    I'm aware they have different models. But I essentially see little difference between one class turning into a winged purple demon and another class turning into a winged purple demon.

    Warlock. Melee moves, demon theme.

    Unless Blizzard add a 4th spec to give that capability. Or do you have a reason Blizzard can't do this?

    And then gave the Warlocks melee tanking capability

    No...the theme. A lot of people try to obscure this by focussing not on the actual theme of the class, but on the classes predominant class of magic...when the magic class used is actually fairly irrelevant.

    Tying the class even more tightly together is your idea of pushing them apart? Really? Or did I dream Blizzard explicitly linking DH and Warlock lore?

    EJL
    "You went full retard. You never go full retard," Lazarus ~Robert Downey Jr. Tropic Thunder

    Swords... oh wow. =.= Link me all the spell swords we have had this expansion. I believe its... 2? May even be... 1. There are only so many casters that can use swords. But... right... since we can only use intell, what use do we have to agil warglaives.... right I forgot, even during that time, Warriors liked those blades. damn...

    The flavor that makes a dh a DH is NOT A WARLOCK. A Dh is all about up front and pounding down the enemy with weapons, not cursing the target from a far and nuking with shadowbolts. You must have a huge misconception of what a flavor is a dh. Oh Meta... oh ... damn... no, baddy, all it is a damn eclipse bar. Go play a demonology warlock and a boomkin, and then come back and tell me that is what a demon hunter is. Please, for the love of god, learn before you spout nonsense that the warlock has all that flavor.

    Ahhh hell, we are onto fourth specs again? Highly freaking unlikely. Get it out of your head, until they announce such a thing, Fourth Specs will not happen to any other class. Until they announce fourth specs, your entire argument is entire null and void to even bring up fourth specs. They tend to add classes because, A. its easier, and B. the other classes will not bitch about it. Oh you forgot about that? The minimum of fourth specs added to the game, to seem fair, would be 4, including the warlocks. Not to mention, Making entirely new spells for each class, making it more work, than simply adding a new class.

    Paladins already had the Light them, Warlocks already have the Shadow theme, Yet, we have Holy and Shadow Priests. Are you serious? You are going to argue themes in this game? Shapeshifting is not druids anymore with shaman Ascendance, Warlock meta, Shadow Priest shadowform. It has been pretty clear that a demon hunters meta is NOT a warlocks meta in lore and IN GAME. The fact remains, You are clinging to a dead hope that Blizzard cannot create a new class with Metamorphosis.

    Everything is not negotiatable. Lets see. Makes goblins and gnomes no longer warlocks? No? damn. because they sure as hell should not be demon hunters. Lets see. My Orc wants to morph into its demonic form... not a male night elf/demon hybrid, a demonic ORC... with tits. right... negotiatable. =.=

    The fact that you and teriz are clinging to the moment of meta having to look EXACTLY like ILLIDAN is your downfall, and pure stupidity. It even states in Illidan's Lore, he is Unique. Warlocks simply copied this. Demon hunters have there own.

    There is are entire canon reasons why Warlocks and Demon Hunters are not the same, or did you not do any of the lore for warlocks this expansion? There needs to be huge retcons, to the point they need to take out the green fire quest chain. Not only that, During the quest chain, You, a "Heroic" warlock subcome to your own demons influence, an imp at that, of pillaging the black temple. Heroic Demon Hunters are not greedy and you find this out during the Feronas quest chain, the Loramus quest chain, the Altruis quest chain. There is canon lore differentiating the two classes, down to the very spells.

    The Dark Embrace is going down the "Dark Path" of becoming a demon hunter. Read the damn scroll and quest text.

    So Priest, melee, holy light theme.... paladin?
    So Fire mages, Big balls of Fire, and Fire dots... warlock?
    So Druid, using nature magic, shapeshifting... Shaman ascendance?
    So etc... etc... etc... Every class is the same is what I heard from you. So sit down, and be quiet.

    4th spec... hmmm... requires huge retcons, lots of added lore, lots of new spells, lots of new talents as the talents of a warlock will make any melee OP as hell, 4th specs for a minimum of 3 other classes, so more spells, more balancing. blah blah blah. Easier to create and balance a new class. Thats it... "creator" and work reasons... Unless you want to balance 4 different specs for 4 other classes. Oh right, you have no idea how much work goes into it.

    Are you serious? You think all demon hunters want to be tanks? No. I for one want to be a damn demon hunter that melee dpses and bust out great numbers, all while wielding the powers of the arcane. Oh right you didnt realize, demon hunters use more than just demonic magic. they use a shit ton of magic.

    Again. Paladin Vs Priest. -.- the Light vs the Light. for Sargares' sake... learn your classes. There is definately a niche for a demonic melee fighter, because... we all know.. demonic is simply one spec of a warlock right now, otherwise its all curses or fire.

    You are dreaming. They went to outlands to gain more power. They came to the conclusion Illidan was freeing Demon's from their corruption, something a warlock does not do. Rather, warlocks force demons to work for them, Illidan freed them from the legion. Go back and do the damn quest again. Kanrethad did gain more power and became a demon, all while summoning demons to rid you, far more demons than anything. He became an all powerful warlock, using chaos bolts, summoning 60 imps, 2 fel hunters, 1 pitlord, and even using Deathwings cataclysm... oh, right... since warlocks stole that magic, must make deathwing a warlock... no... this time a demon hunter right? because ONE CLASS STEALS ANOTHER CLASSES ABILITY DOES NOT MAKE IT THERE OWN! Kanrethad said he created his metamorphosis off of Illidan's corrupted form, its like stealing Deathwing's Cataclysm... Or am I making too much sense for your sheer amount of knowledge? Was I the only one that actually paid attention to class?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That really isn't a niche. It also doesn't help your argument that Warlocks can already transform into near-Melee demons themselves.

    Yeah, and what you don't understand is that none of those are alike. Generating magic from martial arts gives you an entirely different set of abilities than nature magic that allows you to transform into animals.

    As for Paladins and Priests, you're talking about one class that uses holy magic for healing, DPS, and Tanking, and another class that uses holy magic to only heal.

    Warlocks and DHs? Both would be using Demonic magic for DPS. The fact that they share abilities makes this overlap even worse.
    Serious? Yes it is a niche, because that is not the Only thing a demon hunter would do? just like how a Warlock just doesnt use Demonology. pretty Sure most warlocks now adays are either Affliction or Destruction, since demonology went down the crapper till 560-570ilvl.

    Generating magic from martial arts? right.... Soothing mist channel... yay martial arts. =.= Mistweaving is not martial arts. that is straight nature magic. Oh... Holy magic dps... HELLO Discpline priest? Holy Fire! Smite! Smite! Smite! PENANCE!!!!! =.= you really dont know your classes do you?

    Dhs dont have to? They can be done to do whatever they feel like. shared abilities... please. there are already plenty of abilities shared out to every class.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-11-07 at 03:42 AM.

  20. #460
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Serious? Yes it is a niche, because that is not the Only thing a demon hunter would do? just like how a Warlock just doesnt use Demonology. pretty Sure most warlocks now adays are either Affliction or Destruction, since demonology went down the crapper till 560-570ilvl.
    It still isn't a niche. The niche you're talking about is melee that also uses magic. There's plenty of specs in WoW that do that. Source of magic is pretty immaterial. The main thing is the combination of melee fighter and magic user, and its already a pretty crowded field. Enhancement Shaman felt that DKs stole a lot of their design when they were implemented. Rogues felt the same way when Monks were implemented. All will feel that way if DHs are implemented.

    Generating magic from martial arts? right.... Soothing mist channel... yay martial arts. =.= Mistweaving is not martial arts. that is straight nature magic. Oh... Holy magic dps... HELLO Discpline priest? Holy Fire! Smite! Smite! Smite! PENANCE!!!!! =.= you really dont know your classes do you?
    You do know that Monks can heal by doing melee damage right? Its called Fistweaving. Look it up sometime.

    Discipline is still a healing spec buddy.

    Dhs dont have to? They can be done to do whatever they feel like. shared abilities... please. there are already plenty of abilities shared out to every class.
    No, there are abilities that are somewhat similar, but they aren't the same ability, with the same name, that come from the same source. Where do you think Blizzard came up with Metamorphosis? Look no further than the model that they used for the Warlock metamorphosis graphic; Illidan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •