Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Which probably means it will be

1. Filled with BC Loyalists who will make the x-pack shit thanks to their rose tented glasses.
    2. As horrid as BC was because Blizzard will try to cater to the aforementioned BC Loyalists.

I don't know about anyone else, but I smell Cata 2.0 around the corner. I just hope I'm wrong ... >.O Cause Cata was worse than BC ever was, imo.
    Honestly I'd rather they went with something that captured the epic feel of BC, but without some of the gaudy frills that came with the Illidari. It'd still be way better than time travel ending in "it was all non-canon..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except their abilities.

Honestly, all it would take is to have Dark Apotheosis be melee demon with warglaives and evasion.

Playstyle of the DH right there.
    As far as classes go, Lore > Abilities.
    And warlock lore has moved further away from DH lore.

I understand your hurt that it's Warlords of Draenor, which pretty much murders your Tinker idea on the spot, but I'll let you grieve. We can come back next November and debate it again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    So we're going to have DH ghosts training us to become Demon Hunters? C'mon.

There's also that little issue with Warlocks becoming more like Demon Hunters every expansion. Demonology could be inching more towards the DH concept than we realize, especially given that Blizzard has to do something with Dark Apotheosis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    When there's a lock spec that is actually melee, with actual warglaives, and actual night elves, I'll believe you. In lore, locks just copied meta, because it's powerful and they are powerful casters. Demon Hunter != Warlock. Nothing in common with a melee fighting night elf.
    Pretty much this for most us true demon hunters.

Anyway, The Dark Embrace doesnt mean that its filled with a bunch of ghosts. There could be plenty of demon hunters in hiding. Though, I have high doubts they would be added to "WoD"

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Nothing else says outland/draenor, burning legion than illidan/demon hunter.

Bring it on.

A DW 1h crossbow spec, dw 1h warglaive spec, some kind of demon form healing spec using demonic energies.

yes yes please.

Anyone else post your demon hunter desires.
    im all for a demon hunter class, but what do demon hunters have to do with draenor in the past?

illidan wasnt even out of his cage yet in that time so none of his demon hunters were there, and i doubt there were any demon hunters hanging out with turalyons gang considering night elves werent even known about yet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Bring it on.

A DW 1h crossbow spec, dw 1h warglaive spec, some kind of demon form healing spec using demonic energies.

yes yes please.

you can already play a warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    As far as classes go, Lore > Abilities.
    And warlock lore has moved further away from DH lore.
    You're kidding right? Gameplay always overrides lore. Class abilities fall under gameplay. So if we have an existing class that already does what a conceptual class would do, that conceptual class will never come to fruition (except in the existing class).

I understand your hurt that it's Warlords of Draenor, which pretty much murders your Tinker idea on the spot, but I'll let you grieve. We can come back next November and debate it again.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...in-expansion-5

Every expansion has increased class options -- whether by introducing an existing class to a faction it wasn't playable before, adding a new class, or expanding available classes to existing races.

I don't see a new class coming in right after Monks came in, especially since they're still working on Monk tuning for all 3 specs ... so I think they'll add a new race (or two), and/or possibly expand available classes to existing races again
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Pretty much this for most us true demon hunters.

Anyway, The Dark Embrace doesnt mean that its filled with a bunch of ghosts. There could be plenty of demon hunters in hiding. Though, I have high doubts they would be added to "WoD"
    Even then, its unlikely that a DH class would emerge. There's no real reason for it to happen.

Except their abilities.

Honestly, all it would take is to have Dark Apotheosis be melee demon with warglaives and evasion.

Playstyle of the DH right there.
    Except for anything else.

I've gone over this enough that I might just start copy pasting.

Why Demon Hunters and Warlocks are NOT THE SAME
    Demon Hunters <-> Warlocks

Many are Night Elves<-> Can NOT be a Night Elf
    Are melee combatants <-> Are ranged casters
    Are primary melee combatants who excel at a special martial fighting art <-> Wear dresses and wave sticks around
    Dual wield warglaives and have evasive powers to tank with <-> No twice, and then also no
    Despise demons, slay them <-> Date their succubi, constantly have a demon with them, sometimes two
    Cool sleek emo look <-> Scary fiery emo look
    Ritually blind themselves <-> Wear funny hats
    Can turn into a demon, at least Illidan can <-> In lore, copied this ability because it seemed powerful

So, one of these things- the one thing that warlocks copied from demon hunters- is a thing that they have in common. But, nothing else. Locks aren't DH's, and if Blizzard wants me to think that they are, they'll actually go and add a lot to warlocks- like, for instance, a melee spec, the ability to dual wield while that spec, etc. That's a whole lot, and you'd get there easier with rogues, who are much closer to demon hunters in game already. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and we want fucking demon hunters.

Though we may have to wait another expac, we shall see.

Deleted
    I think with "Warlords of Draenor" Blademaster has good chances.

Bring it on.

yes yes please.

my desire is that it isn´t demon hunter. What specs would you give it? how would it be different from hunters?

They already have problems making classes different enough. I would be fine with an expansion without new races or classes.

hero class starting at level 65 in a bt phased area and then at 70 they join the normal levelling? Yes pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

clearly Warlords of Draenor points to a new class.... the bard. Nothing like running a 5 man with you and 4 Draenei doing their best Mumford and Sons impression.

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    clearly Warlords of Draenor points to a new class.... the bard. Nothing like running a 5 man with you and 4 Draenei doing their best Mumford and Sons impression.
    Making this my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    how would it be different from hunters?
    This has been answered many times. Ultimately, however, a hunter is a ranger, and a demon hunter is not. People often compare the DH to one of three classes:

The rogue: The closest fit, the rogue dual wields, is lightly armored, and is shadowy. Rogues have many abilities you would never expect out of a demon hunter, however, including blind and vanish, and likely demon hunter wouldn't be amazing as a rogue spec unless it actually gave all this up somehow.

The warlock: Both use demonic magic, but that's literally it. Locks have tons of abilities that a demon hunter wouldn't have- fear, for instance- and is of course otherwise entirely unsuited, as warlocks are casters and can't even be night elves.

The hunter: Both have the word "hunter" in the name, and that's it. Hunters are rangers who use nature powers, have pets, and are exclusively ranged. They have traps and other such things. These are all core hunter abilities, and demon hunters have absolutely none of these things. A ranged demon hunter spec wouldn't be out of line, but it would likely have as much in common with hunters as hunters do with mages.

They already have problems making classes different enough. I would be fine with an expansion without new races or classes.
    I don't think this is a very good reason not to have a demon hunter.

Demon hunter has a nice ring to it and shit, we know we're gonna take on the Legion of demons eventually so why not have a some Demon hunters help out?

As long as they have a tank spec, Im down. NEED MORE TANKS!
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im all for a demon hunter class, but what do demon hunters have to do with draenor in the past?

illidan wasnt even out of his cage yet in that time so none of his demon hunters were there, and i doubt there were any demon hunters hanging out with turalyons gang considering night elves werent even known about yet
    If the story is PCs traveling back in time to Draenor, for some reason, then there's nothing stopping Demon Hunters from going along with all the other PCs.

It's all speculative, though. All there is so far is a title. Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard even forgot that Draenor is Outland, and not the Draenei's original homeworld, considering Metzen has retconned things simply because he forgot the original story and they need fans to remind them which characters are alive and which are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    It's all speculative, though. All there is so far is a title. Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard even forgot that Draenor is Outland, and not the Draenei's original homeworld, considering Metzen has retconned things simply because he forgot the original story and they need fans to remind them which characters are alive and which are dead.
    Lol, this is actually a pretty good point. Someone needs to photoshop Metzen with some cokehead strippers or something, in like, a lambo.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a serious note, what about they develop current races and classes before overbloating?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there's no new class. I would rather have new races.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Many are Night Elves<-> Can NOT be a Night Elf
    Are melee combatants <-> Are ranged casters
    Are primary melee combatants who excel at a special martial fighting art <-> Wear dresses and wave sticks around
    Dual wield warglaives and have evasive powers to tank with <-> No twice, and then also no
    Despise demons, slay them <-> Date their succubi, constantly have a demon with them, sometimes two
    Cool sleek emo look <-> Scary fiery emo look
    Ritually blind themselves <-> Wear funny hats
    Can turn into a demon, at least Illidan can <-> In lore, copied this ability because it seemed powerful
    Yet Demo Lock are pretty close in terms of playstyle to something you could consider a Demon hunter, building up power and releasing it by turning into a demon.

Obviously you could use something different, but then the Demon Form might just turn into a standard CD instead of something you could see as "Core Ability".

On the other hand, having a Class evolved around turning into a Demon and a spec from another class may seem boring as well.

and you'd get there easier with rogues, who are much closer to demon hunters in game already.
    They are much closer to Enhance / Retri, because they use magic to enhance their Melee attacks, but that's just nitpicking.

and we want fucking demon hunters.
    You and some other people, i might add.

Personally i don't want yet another Melee Class, both new Classes have been Melee Specs and think a DH class will be gutted right away from the start, for example, the next class will wear Mail armor, it's the only remaining type without 3 Classes, there have you first Lore bend right away, because DH's actually wear just very light armor.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-11-01 at 11:06 PM.