Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why do you continue to ignore Metamorphosis and Demonic Fury? That kills any hope of a stand alone DH class far more than DA does.

Rogue also is synonymous with Pirate.

No class can do that because there are no 1h ranged weapons. In short, for that class to exist Blizzard would have to create an entire class of weapons just for them.

I don't need to know what Blizzard plans to do. I can look at what Blizzard has already done, and draw conclusions to what they'll do in the future. It's not that difficult to see if you don't stick your head in the sand.
    I am not ignoring them, I don't think they matter. If you really think that would prevent Blizzard from doing a dedicated demon hunter class then you are just being foolish. If Blizzard wanted to do it the could because they literally can create justifications out of thin air.

You are right about rogue and pirate. Your point? Are you now arguing names or mechanics? Do you even know?

Regarding 1h ranged weapons, you mean Blizzard would have to create? Woah! It's not like they are the creators of the entire everything as it pertains to Warcraft...oh wait they are. Doesn't matter anyhow you said a mechanical based ranged class was the only type of ranged class left or some nonsense and I refuted it easily. Please do try to stay on topic Teriz, you inability to focus and make a cognizant arguments can sometimes almost take away the joy I get leading you about these conversations.

You do get that I baited you several posts ago right? So that you would start spouting off about how Tinkerer is the only archetype left blah blah Teriz uncreative argument 101 blah.

Btw you head in the sand comments really don't work on me, mainly because I support pretty much any new class they want to add. What I enjoy is seeing you flail about. Thanks for admitting your ignorance however. Drawing conclusions from what amounts to at best 1% of the total information regarding how Blizzard manages and designs classes is haphazard at best.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I felt more like it was trying to show that Warlocks WERE the demon hunters of WoW. Kanrethad being the proof that Warlocks were able to fuse together with demons in the same way Illidan had. Given enough time, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Kanrethad in his human form, twisted with demonic properties adorning his body like horns and possibly wings like Illidan had.
    Warlocks cannot be the DH of WoW because they actively use demons for power.

But I think our DHs will be "reformed/radicalized" Warlocks that kill their own demons as part of their initiation or something.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Warlocks cannot be the DH of WoW because they actively use demons for power.

But I think our DHs will be "reformed/radicalized" Warlocks that kill their own demons as part of their initiation or something.
    So you're saying that a DH wouldn't actively use demons for power?

We have an example of a DH in WoW that had demonic minions, just like a Warlock.

The fact that you can continually cite niche cases as if they were the rule- for instance, there's a demon hunter with three fel hounds. I guess demon hunters are all corrupted, all live in shadowmoon valley, and all have three felhounds?

No. Look at Altrius. He would never have a demon serve him. Look at the BULK of the night elf demon hunters- they did not all become corrupt, they did not all have demons serving them.

Warlocks are not Demon Hunters, and Demon Hunters sure as shit aren't warlocks.

I've wondered if they will ever add some of the more flavorful aspects of classes as specs. For instance, a Blademaster doesn't use rage, but everything he does is owned by another class. If you HAD to make a blademaster, would it be a hero class, or would it be a 4th spec of warrior? Thus far, it seems like the answer would be, hero class. I think that the extra spec that strips out many of the abilities is just not a thing that they are doing right now.

Warlocks have way too many things baseline that a demon hunter would never have. Rogues have fewer, but still a lot. Look, for instance, at the talents. Warlock talents are 100% inappropriate for demon hunters- hell, one even specifically does special stuff with their pet demons, which demon hunters don't even have, and many work with cooldowns that seem unlikely. Rogue talents also are much more martial in flavor, allowing shurikens and giving poisons, which we don't see demon hunters using.

Demon Hunters are much further removed from rogues (and even further removed from warlocks) than blademasters and death knights are from warriors. A demon hunter wouldn't be primarily a caster, wouldn't wear cloth, would not have int as a primary attribute, would obviously have night elf as an allowed race, would be good at fighting, would have warglaives, would dual wield, would be tough physically and not just with the use of magic, and would actually be a demon hunter, not, you know, a warlock.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The fact that you can continually cite niche cases as if they were the rule- for instance, there's a demon hunter with three fel hounds. I guess demon hunters are all corrupted, all live in shadowmoon valley, and all have three felhounds?
    What makes you think he was corrupted?

Look at the BULK of the night elf demon hunters- they did not all become corrupt, they did not all have demons serving them.
    You assume one means the other. Key word is "assume".

If Blizzard says Demon Hunters are a Warlock variation then they'll be able to summon demons. They'll almost certainly need to do so anyway for gameplay purposes.

Warlocks are not Demon Hunters, and Demon Hunters sure as shit aren't warlocks.
    Leaving aside your own interpretation on what either class should be, or you own opinion on the motivations and story for each of these classes, can you provide one gameplay reason why this argument has any weight? You know - a argument that a games designer would have to actually consider and state "A Warlock 4th spec can't do this so we would need a dedicated class".

Because so far, all the arguments about why Warlocks can't be a Demon Hunter come down to one simple point:

"I don't want Warlocks to be Demon Hunters. I want Demon Hunters as their own class and I don't care what they can or cannot do in game or lore".

Warlocks have way too many things baseline that a demon hunter would never have.
    Name one. Warlocks have Illidan look, his tattoos, his horns. They have Meta. Demon Hunters use many Warlock abilities. Demon Hunters have been shown to have the ability to work with and control demons. Both draw their power from demons and demonic/fel magic. Both use Shadow magic and Fel magic, and Fire magic. Demon Hunters have used ranged spells ever since WC3. Demon Hunters uses curses and auras and so on.

So what is there about a Warlocks arsenal that you think a Demon Hunter would never use?

Warlock talents are 100% inappropriate for demon hunters- hell, one even specifically does special stuff with their pet demons, which demon hunters don't even have
    We actually do see a DH working with Demons. As for lore - DHs supposedly kill their demons and absorb their power....so what exactly do you think Grimoire of Sacrifice actually does?

A demon hunter wouldn't be primarily a caster
    A 4th spec wouldn't require him to primarily be a caster

wouldn't wear cloth
    You have seen what DHs actually wear?

would not have int as a primary attribute
    Seems a bit irrelevant since stats really just serve to differentiate loot.

would obviously have night elf as an allowed race, would be good at fighting, would have warglaives, would dual wield, would be tough physically and not just with the use of magic, and would actually be a demon hunter, not, you know, a warlock.
    Would require a racial toggle, would be the case no matter what class was added, would require a class toggle, would require a skill addition, is requirement of any class.

Do you have any meaningful arguments other than "This is how I personally view Demon Hunters so any other implementation is wrong"? Which is essentially everyone elses argument.

EJL

Demon Hunters performed a ritual, cutting out their own eyes to be able to see demons and undeads with a sort of spectral vision. Their glaives are charged with demonic energy and they sometimes call upon demonic energy to gain special powers.
    A warlock isn't a demon hunter like some think. Demon Hunters have great melee combat skills and use the demonic energy to augment it. They are also called "the mightiest warrior in night elves' society".

Demon Hunters is also mainly Night Elves, and some minor groups of Blood Elves, though, any race can become a Demon Hunter. So if this would be a playable class, we will probably be seeing a new hero class with a unique resource system.

Depending on what they want with "Warlords of Draenor", Demon Hunter as a new class could very well be something we would see.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Do you have any meaningful arguments other than "This is how I personally view Demon Hunters so any other implementation is wrong"? Which is essentially everyone elses argument.
    And just like clockwork, here's Talen giving Teriz competition for the "Most Hypocritical Poster Around" award.

Why the hell does anyone want a DH class anyway? Its a dual-wielding melee unit that uses magic.

Enhancement Shaman do it.
    Brewmaster and Windwalker Monks do it.
    Frost DKs do it.
    Rogues do it.

Now people want ANOTHER class to do it....

I would prefer a class that does something different than several other classes already in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    What makes you think he was corrupted?
    Well, the fact that he had three demons serving him, after vowing to defeat demons...

If Blizzard says Demon Hunters are a Warlock variation then they'll be able to summon demons. They'll almost certainly need to do so anyway for gameplay purposes.
    There's no reason why a demon hunter would HAVE to be able to summon demons. If they were a lock varation, they'd probably have to lose the demon summoning in that spec. Much like if they were a rogue variation, they'd likely have to lose vanish. Any existing class is a poor fit for demon hunters, because of the base abilities and the talents not matching.

Leaving aside your own interpretation on what either class should be, or you own opinion on the motivations and story for each of these classes, can you provide one gameplay reason why this argument has any weight? You know - a argument that a games designer would have to actually consider and state "A Warlock 4th spec can't do this so we would need a dedicated class".
    Exactly that. "Demon Hunters don't fit in any of the existing classes." Stuff like "Archdruid" and "Archmage" are pretty clearly intended to be represented in game by druids and mages. If you wanted these in game for realsies, you'd have to add them to the existing classes. The devs have not hinted at four specs at all, even though I think that would be a pretty ok way to do stuff. If they were leaning in that direction, then you could push a LOT of hero classes into specs, but that "spec" would represent a departure. For instance, Blademaster, a class very close to warrior, would be implemented as a hero class- not as a 4th spec of warrior. I think the four spec idea for hero classes has very little traction with the devs.

If you made demon hunter a fourth spec of rogue, or, bizarrely, warlock, you would need to redo some (or in the case of the lock, all) of the talents to match. Certainly in all cases you would have to gut the original class base spells to fit the DH as a spec. That would be no particular stretch for Bloodmage, Archmage, or Archdruid, but would be harder for Blademaster and certainly impossible for Demon Hunter.

Because so far, all the arguments about why Warlocks can't be a Demon Hunter come down to one simple point:

"I don't want Warlocks to be Demon Hunters. I want Demon Hunters as their own class and I don't care what they can or cannot do in game or lore".
    In game and lore, warlocks and demon hunters aren't remotely the same. In gameplay, warlocks and demon hunters aren't the same. In fact, rogues are a much closer fit- they are melee, evasive, and dual wield, and already have the correct main attribute. But neither of those things are demon hunters.

Name one. Warlocks have Illidan look, his tattoos, his horns. They have Meta. Demon Hunters use many Warlock abilities. Demon Hunters have been shown to have the ability to work with and control demons. Both draw their power from demons and demonic/fel magic. Both use Shadow magic and Fel magic, and Fire magic. Demon Hunters have used ranged spells ever since WC3. Demon Hunters uses curses and auras and so on.
    Demon Hunters wouldn't have fear, wouldn't summon demons, wouldn't have death coil, would have melee strikes baseline, would have a melee rotation and resource, would only be able to be effective ranged during cooldowns, wouldn't have the same curses locks have, wouldn't have immolate, wouldn't have corruption, wouldn't have chaos bolt... basically, everything.

I'll do this again, because it needs to be in every page of every DH thread, apparently:
    Why Demon Hunters and Warlocks are NOT THE SAME
    Demon Hunters <-> Warlocks

Many are Night Elves<-> Can NOT be a Night Elf
    Are melee combatants <-> Are ranged casters
    Are primary melee combatants who excel at a special martial fighting art <-> Wear dresses and wave sticks around
    Dual wield warglaives and have evasive powers to tank with <-> No twice, and then also no
    Despise demons, slay them <-> Date their succubi, constantly have a demon with them, sometimes two
    Cool sleek emo look <-> Scary fiery emo look
    Ritually blind themselves <-> Wear funny hats
    Can turn into a demon, at least Illidan can <-> In lore, copied this ability because it seemed powerful

So, one of these things- the one thing that warlocks copied from demon hunters- is a thing that they have in common.

A 4th spec wouldn't require him to primarily be a caster
    So, this is interesting for a few reasons. I actually agree- if you were willing to scale back all the warlock spells, you could make a demon hunter out of a warlock. You'd be much better making him out of a rogue, of course. But pretend it was, against all reason and sense, a warlock spec. This would make warlocks able to be a melee pure or a ranged pure, something that definitely hasn't been done and would have balance issues. You'd also want to figure out what other things to hand out to other classes- it would seem absurd if that were the only thing going on, right? Plus, your warlock would have to acquire melee weapons and agility gear- likely agility leather- only usable in one spec (they certainly won't do agility cloth- int plate is way too much of that as it is).

Seems a bit irrelevant since stats really just serve to differentiate loot.
    Not true. The stats determine what kind of hero you are making- they aren't optional or dismissible. Demon Hunters aren't a primary caster, and aren't an Int hero. They are an Agi hero- play WCIII and you'll see.

My argument is based on what demon hunters are in lore, and what would make for an acceptable game. It's also, to a degree, based on what we have reason to suspect that is within the realm of what the devs would consider viable. A properly executed fourth rogue spec could work, but probably wouldn't be correct. Any side spec of warlock wouldn't work at all, and would definitely be wrong. It's clear based on the identity of what demon hunters are, and what they do, that thy need to be their own class- and soon!

Something that would probably be hard is to find 3 specs for the Demon Hunter, but with the magic/melee thing, I actually had in mind something as a stance so you could either choose to be in your regular form and use melee attacks and spells, such as magic auras and then shift into your demonic form, using ranged abilities instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Why the hell does anyone want a DH class anyway? Its a dual-wielding melee unit that uses magic.

Frost DKs do it.
    Rogues do it.

I would prefer a class that does something different than several other classes already in the game.
    Rogues don't use magic. We have ninja tricks that buff our weapons, but we have no attack spells. Monks seem to use magic, but not to the same extent. Their magic is also internal, but they can attack with some of it.

Enhancement shaman do it. Frost DKs do it.

But Demon Hunters did it first. As it turns out, wanting to play a demon hunter for almost a decade doesn't mean that similar attack styles from unrelated classes change anything at all about wanting to play a fucking demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post

Frost DKs do it.
    Rogues do it.

Sad isn't it? Its like they don't even care that they want ANOTHER DWing melee class when the game already has several of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Which probably means it will be

1. Filled with BC Loyalists who will make the x-pack shit thanks to their rose tented glasses.
    2. As horrid as BC was because Blizzard will try to cater to the aforementioned BC Loyalists.

I don't know about anyone else, but I smell Cata 2.0 around the corner. I just hope I'm wrong ... >.O Cause Cata was worse than BC ever was, imo.
    Do you even read what you write, or you just spew shit and hope that it doesnt catch smell?

'bc loyalists'? really? REALLY?

So, let me get this right, people who enjoyed an OLD expansion are stupid nostalgia retards, but our furry faggotry with wolfpeople and pandapeople is perfectly great and acceptable?

I for one welcome our new demon hunter overlords, if for nothing else, they might STOMP OUT the rampart furry faggotry of female wargan (you) and other degenerated ERP cunts spawned by the latest expansions of faggotry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues don't use magic. We have ninja tricks that buff our weapons, but we have no attack spells. Monks seem to use magic, but not to the same extent. Their magic is also internal, but they can attack with some of it.

Enhancement shaman do it. Frost DKs do it.

But Demon Hunters did it first. As it turns out, wanting to play a demon hunter for almost a decade doesn't mean that similar attack styles from unrelated classes change anything at all about wanting to play a fucking demon hunter.
    LoL! Ninja tricks? Rogues have an ability that turns their weapons into pure Shadow energy. That qualifies as magic in my book. Additionally Crimson Tempest is pretty magical.

Monks use magic. The source of their magic is pretty immaterial.

In the end, who did it first is pretty irrelevant. What is relevant is that you're advocating a class that would play like several other classes in the game to the point of redundancy. It doesn't help that every spec would have to be a DWing melee magic user.

Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    Do you even read what you write, or you just spew shit and hope that it doesnt catch smell?

'bc loyalists'? really? REALLY?

So, let me get this right, people who enjoyed an OLD expansion are stupid nostalgia retards, but our furry faggotry with wolfpeople and pandapeople is perfectly great and acceptable?

I for one welcome our new demon hunter overlords, if for nothing else, they might STOMP OUT the rampart furry faggotry of female wargan (you) and other degenerated ERP cunts spawned by the latest expansions of faggotry.

Does anyone else smell teen angst...I mean a ban.

Once the new Expansion is announced friday, and the Demon Hunter does get announced as the new Class, what will u guys do? I can imagine the horror, all these months of explaining WHY DH SHOULD NEVER BE CREATED....lol, it would be amusing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! Ninja tricks? Rogues have an ability that turns their weapons into pure Shadow energy. That qualifies as magic in my book. Additionally Crimson Tempest is pretty magical.
    Dude...

Turning your weapons into shadow energy is cool, but it's ninja magic. It's not like, say, throwing shadow magic at people from range. It's still a weapon trick to get around armor, not something that, say, a warlock or mage would find useful. It also has no verbal component- it's not magic in the same way that they understand it, it's a ninja trick.

Crimson Tempest is 100% physical. There's nothing magical about that and I have no idea why you would think that. It's a flurry of blades attack, like blade storm, that leaves opponents bleeding. It can be used while silenced, can't be used while disarmed, can be dodged, can be parried, and is reduced by armor. It is fully effective through anti magic shell, anti magic aura, and cloak of shadows. It can't be resisted with any resistance stat. It can't be used while hand of protection is active, it can't damage through and of protection, and it applies poison just like all the other rogue attacks. It's a weapon strike in a circle. How on earth could you think that's magical? Nothing magic about it.

Monks use magic. The source of their magic is pretty immaterial.
    The point is that they aren't really casting spells, they have empowered themselves with ki. They do have some spells I think, like ki burst, but fists of fury, the spinning crane kick, etc, are all empowered techniques.

In the end, who did it first is pretty irrelevant.
    Not at all. We still want the demon hunter, even if a bunch of other classes offer demon spells as a caster, or offer dual wield melee strikes. It doesn't count.

What is relevant is that you're advocating a class that would play like several other classes in the game to the point of redundancy. It doesn't help that every spec would have to be DWing melee magic using.
    Lol. The warlock is "redundant" with the mage, the shaman, and the druid. And yet, he isn't really. Frost DKs aren't "redundant" with rogues, or enhancement shaman either.

Like... are you just going to throw an absolute fit if Demon Hunter is announced at the end of this week? I'm used to being disappointed about never having the goddamned demon hunter playable. I'm not happy about it, but it has happened every expansion thus far. I'm definitely sick of being told that warlocks are demon hunters (rofl no) or that demon hunters are redundant (didn't stop all the other "redundant" things) or that demon hunters are too niche, or that any other thing about it. I'm sick of being told that I'm somehow wrong for continuing to want this same class in wow, along with like so many other people that I talk with.

But like... say, they throw us a bone after a decade of not. Are you just gonna go all rabid in here? Are you gonna go into the Demon Hunter forums and tell us that we should all be playing warlocks or whatever?
    Last edited by Verain; 2013-11-05 at 11:43 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the fact that he had three demons serving him, after vowing to defeat demons...
    Fighting fire with fire not an option? As stated before, however, that is simply your opinion. There is no canonical evidence to support your point of view.

There's no reason why a demon hunter would HAVE to be able to summon demons.
    If you want the demon absorption mechanic to be of value rather than just lore, they need demons to absorb. The alternative is that mechanic doesn't exist.

If they were a lock varation, they'd probably have to lose the demon summoning in that spec.
    Unless it turns out that they simply summon demons and absorb their power, a la GoSac -but still retain the option of summoning them and using them. Again, would you have any point against this other than "This is not how I see DHs"?

Any existing class is a poor fit for demon hunters, because of the base abilities and the talents not matching.
    They don't match purely because you want them to be a certain way. You don't want Demon hunters to have the ability to summon demons simply because that doesn't fit in with your view of the class. You also overlook the possibility that where such talents or abilities may not be ideal, they coudl eb wteaked, changed, or altered.....activities which are part of the normal process of class restructuring that takes place before an XPac launch.

Exactly that. "Demon Hunters don't fit in any of the existing classes."
    Except Warlocks, and to a lesser degree, rogues. There is no contradiction in lore, for example, between DHs and Warlocks being the same class. There is no contradiction in gameplay because havign a ranged caster spec and a melee tanking spec are not mutually exclusive. Again, you need a gameplay reason to show why the two are incompatible. Not merely say there's one.

Gameplay wise, Warlocks are halfway to being Demon Hunters right now. They lack viability and some of the cosmetic touches. Lorewise, there is nothing to prevent it, or even contradict it. Not even if you count the non-canon RPG.

If you made demon hunter a fourth spec of rogue, or, bizarrely, warlock, you would need to redo some (or in the case of the lock, all) of the talents to match.
    You mean...do work that will be done anyway? You could argue the results would be different if Blizzard didn't have to consider a DH spec; what you cannot do is argue that Blizzard won't tweak, change and rebalance the talents, spells and abilities anyway.

Certainly in all cases you would have to gut the original class base spells to fit the DH as a spec. That would be no particular stretch for Bloodmage, Archmage, or Archdruid, but would be harder for Blademaster and certainly impossible for Demon Hunter.
    Impossible only if you want to deny the DH the tools and baseline capabilities of a Warlock. Looking at what ingame NPC DHs can do, that isn't really necessary. We also have to remember that a cull is likely to be coming and whatever abilities Blizzard doesn't want the DH to have can simply be made spec exclusives.

Again, you are dragging up work Blizzard will be doing anyway.

In game and lore, warlocks and demon hunters aren't remotely the same. In gameplay, warlocks and demon hunters aren't the same. In fact, rogues are a much closer fit- they are melee, evasive, and dual wield, and already have the correct main attribute. But neither of those things are demon hunters.
    In game and lore Warlocks and Demon Hunters are those who make use of Demons and Demonic powers to grant them power. Sometimes - and regardless of class - that power is used for "good", other times "bad". The main difference is that one uses it in melee, the other at range. Which is about the same difference we get between specs.

Any other difference is due to you own personal vision of how you think the DHs should work.

Demon Hunters wouldn't have fear, wouldn't summon demons, wouldn't have death coil, would have melee strikes baseline, would have a melee rotation and resource, would only be able to be effective ranged during cooldowns, wouldn't have the same curses locks have, wouldn't have immolate, wouldn't have corruption, wouldn't have chaos bolt... basically, everything.
    Now, when we get rid of everything that is a result of your own personal vision of the class we are left with "Demon Hunters wouldn't have....." because your list of what DHs wouldn't have is a result of your own vision of the class. We have DHs in game using curses and auras, and controlling demons and so on.

I'll do this again, because it needs to be in every page of every DH thread, apparently:
    Yes...I've already ripped those apart. You want to show that DHs can't be a Warlock spec? Then you need to show a gameplay reason why. Not because it doesn't match YOUR vision. Not because you don't agree with it. But something in gameplay that renders the idea impossible.

You'd be much better making him out of a rogue, of course.
    You'd need more drastic changes for a rogue. The ability to cast magic for example.

This would make warlocks able to be a melee pure or a ranged pure something that definitely hasn't been done and would have balance issues
    I will wait for you to actually think about that statement, find out where it went so wrong and then allow you to try to come up with another arguemnt, hopefully one that makes sense. Ignoring what is already in the game does not make a good debate point.

Plus, your warlock would have to acquire melee weapons and agility gear
    No, he wouldn't.

Not true.
    They determine loot distribution. Other than that, it adds a bit of flavor.

They are an Agi hero- play WCIII and you'll see.
    They wouldn't be the first WC3 hero to change primary stat. And again, this is where you allow your own vision of the class to obscure what can be done. You aren't even considering if AGI gear is necessary or if it is an issue that can be worked around. No..you want DHs to be AGI based so any other solution is unworkable. You can't envision them wearing cloth...so despite the bare chested look, anything less than leather is anathema. And so on.

My argument is based on what demon hunters are in lore
    They are secretive, shunned and somewhat ritualistic. Thats about all the canon lore we have on DHs. It also describes Warlocks quite well.

You want a strong argument against? The drop the personal vision, drop the lore based arguments, especially those rooted in the RPG. Drop the points related to their "identity". Because all of that will be created when/if DHs make it into the game and if DHs are a Warlock subspec, that's what the lore and vision and identity will reflect.

What you need is a gameplay based argument. One that takes the current Warlocks and shows why the class can't be a DH. Unfortunately, the best argument there was the need for a 4th spec and that got thrashed with Guardian druids. Right now, all Blizzard has to do is take the tanky aspects of the class and put them into a fourth spec, flesh it out and make some cosmetic changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Once the new Expansion is announced friday, and the Demon Hunter does get announced as the new Class, what will u guys do? I can imagine the horror, all these months of explaining WHY DH SHOULD NEVER BE CREATED....lol, it would be amusing to say the least.
    It wouldn't bother me. However, if there is a new class...I'm expecting Tinkers, albei maybe not that name, but a tech based class. I expect DHs will be announced, as a Warlock 4th spec alongside modest overhauls of the Rogue and hunter.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    A DW 1h crossbow spec, dw 1h warglaive spec, some kind of demon form healing spec using demonic energies.
    If they bring in a new ranged weapon for one class, we would all question the intelligence of the class designers.

If anything, IF, and only IF they made DH (which I'd still question their intelligence for), they'd make them use the current weapons that Hunters use: Bows, Crossbows, and Guns, all "2h" weapons.

You're not going to see a brand new weapon type strictly for one class ever.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

They are secretive, shunned and somewhat ritualistic. Thats about all the canon lore we have on DHs. It also describes Warlocks quite well.
    They are night elves, with some blood elves. They have a whole organization training more of them. They are most assuredly not warlocks- who have their own separate organization, none of which are the same.

Warlocks are not demon hunters. You can test this for yourself by looking at a warlock, then looking at a demon hunter, and noting how they have nothing at all in common. This isn't some kind of strange prejudice of mine- it's simply how they are presented in every media, ranging from WCIII to the RPG book to the books to the history to in game to everything at all about these classes ever. Switching to thinly veiled ad hominem about "how I view the class" won't help, but feel free to keep trying.