Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How the fuck did he get all the way accross the country averaging 98mph and not get caught? That is mental. Also 28hours is a long time to be driving and it's dangerous to be driving without sleep after that ammount of time in the best of conditions, averaging 98mph is just mental.

It's cool and all and I love fast cars and racing more than most, but I'm amazed they can brag about this and not get arrested.
    I get the impression that he swapped with his co-driver so he could sleep.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I get the impression that he swapped with his co-driver so he could sleep.
    It sais in the article, one of them got 40mins sleep and the other got 1 hour.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

So let's get this straight. This moron drives in something that kills 40,000 people every fucking year at high speeds while on no sleep and you want to glorify him? Is that what this thread is? Arrest the fucktard and let's hope darwin takes care of the ones supporting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    This site makes no sense to me. One thread will be "Oh yeah, I speed all the time, speed limits should be higher." and this thread is "He should go to jail, speeding is so dangerous!"

For the record, I agree he should be arrested or fined or something though. I hate people that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    This site makes no sense to me. One thread will be "Oh yeah, I speed all the time, speed limits should be higher." and this thread is "He should go to jail, speeding is so dangerous!"
    Call me crazy, but there's a difference between the speeding everyone does, and some joker trying to beat a speed record on open roads.

Also 28hours is a long time to be driving and it's dangerous to be driving without sleep after that ammount of time in the best of conditions, averaging 98mph is just mental.
    Multiple drivers? I've done about a 22 hour drive in one go (not a cannonball run, and we did stop for dinner and breakfast). Two drivers. We swapped every time we had to refuel (every 5-6 hours), and the non-driver napped.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Multiple drivers? I've done about a 22 hour drive in one go (not a cannonball run, and we did stop for dinner and breakfast). Two drivers. We swapped every time we had to refuel (every 5-6 hours), and the non-driver napped.
    Same. Buffalo to Louisiana with just four stops for gas. Food was eaten on the move. I fell asleep at the end while my friend finished the drive. Hell of a day.

For the record, I agree he should be arrested or fined or something though. I hate people that speed.
    Nah it makes sense. This site is nothing if its not consistent. Speeding topics always seem pretty polarizing.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Nah it makes sense. This site is nothing if its not consistent. Speeding topics always seem pretty polarizing.
    Yeah, there's everything from "I have the right to go as fast as I want!" to "if you go one MPH over, you are a criminal". Balance: it's hard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can foresee Gas Monkey garage already planning their attempt to retake the record...

On one hand: Boo, you're putting saftely behind records!

On the other hand: Yay for locals!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Same. Buffalo to Louisiana with just four stops for gas. Food was eaten on the move. I fell asleep at the end while my friend finished the drive. Hell of a day.
    Heh. Now that I think about it more... I forgot the morning. I started somewhere north of Duluth, MN, drove to St. Paul. That adds a couple hours. Then had to pick up my ex-gf, pack a car with all the stuff we were taking. Then we set out to NYC. It was about 100 F when we got there, and my first time driving in NYC, and in rush hour traffic. Had to unpack the car and sleep on the hardwood floor of the apartment because we didn't have any furniture yet. (IKEA was the next day).

Yeah. Hell of a day/night/next day.

Heh. Now that I think about it more... I forgot the morning. I started somewhere north of Duluth, MN, drove to St. Paul. That adds a couple hours. Then had to pick up my ex-gf, pack a car with all the stuff we were taking. Then we set out to NYC. It was about 100 F when we got there, and my first time driving in NYC, and in rush hour traffic. Had to unpack the car and sleep on the hardwood floor of the apartment because we didn't have any furniture yet. (IKEA was the next day).

Ughhh and I hate every time I have to drive up to Duluth from St Paul hahah.

Oh man...fuck a bunch of that. Longest I ever drove was from Laredo to Oklahoma City. I left at 1600, and got in around 2. Something like 700 miles and some change.

How does it not make sense? It's not like everyone has the same opinion. If you get this many people together you'll always have dissent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    Oh man...fuck a bunch of that. Longest I ever drove was from Laredo to Oklahoma City. I left at 1600, and got in around 2. Something like 700 miles and some change.
    At the end of our Trip across the west in 2009, My mom got so mad at dad that she said screw it I just want to be home, and drove 14 hours from Tuscon AZ to Ft. Worth Tx and I know she could have gone longer.

Never mess with a mad woman! >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Their Top Speed seems a little low, well for a cannonball run.
    Carronade ball run?

How the fuck did he get all the way accross the country averaging 98mph and not get caught?
    Careful selection of route, a police radio scanner, and radar/lidar detectors.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Also, high top speeds in sparsely populated areas (you know, most the drive from coast to coast) can quickly skew the average speed.

Yeah... I'll never do it again. That was a one time experience. Some Louisiana comfort food does make up for it a bit the next day though.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Carronade ball run?

And blockers!

"East bound and down...loaded up and trucking..."