Page 24 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playable races.. hmm. Well, taking into Velen's prophecy about the clash against Azeroth's might combined, in which the Horde and the Alliance are to team up against the Burning Legion once more, it is said that the Dragons also join the fray, to aid them. No, I'm not saying we'll get playable dragons. That would be silly.
    But what if we got Drakonids?
    Or Ethereals? They could both be like Pandaren - neutral to begin with, and then choose a side.
    Or maybe get a Dragonsworn as a playable class, but that's derailing from the topic, which is playable races, not classes.

Still, I'm hoping this is indeed a WoW expansion that features The Legion, which has always been my favourite theme, and I can't wait for more details!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    What if Grom is a neutral race or the alliance race?

See my Sig for what grom is.
    Seeing as they're supposedly giants even bigger than the Gronn, they're not going to be playable.

No new races, a new hero class instead.

There are no new races or a class in the next expansion.

I'm still saying Jinyu for Ally, Mantid for Horde...

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    There are no new races or a class in the next expansion.
    Thats stupid. They have working outland models for several races, with working animations. I do not see why they wouldnt include it and use it as a selling point.

Updated player models is an expectation at this point, not a selling point. They need to have both by the time the xpac rolls around.
    Chronomancer Club

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Thats stupid. They have working outland models for several races, with working animations. I do not see why they wouldnt include it and use it as a selling point.

Updated player models is an expectation at this point, not a selling point. They need to have both by the time the xpac rolls around.
    Not to mention this is an expansion we're talking about. An expansion where room for new features is somewhat low due to the inevitable focus on war between Us and the Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account

I disagree. Giving twelve races shiny, updated models will generate far more hype (and cash) than the addition of one or two more pointless races from an increasingly weak palette.

Well at least think of it this way, you'll be getting new models for every single other race except the Cata races. Though time constraints are probably the other reason why we don't be seeing new races or a class. But the fact that there's an entire zone for the Arrakoa (spoilers!) and the ogres are all over I can see it bothering people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I disagree. Giving twelve races shiny, updated models will generate far more hype (and cash) than the addition of one or two more pointless races from an increasingly weak palette.
    New models are an incredibly shallow main selling point. They offer nothing but aesthetics so even if people get hyped up over them, that hype is going to die very quickly indeed. New races offer more substantial lore and content.

Not just updated character models please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    New models are an incredibly shallow main selling point. They offer nothing but aesthetics so even if people get hyped up over them, that hype is going to die very quickly indeed. New races offer more substantial lore and content.
    Pair up the new models with a new class.

That settles that issue without diluting the racial pool with weak additions that will be overlooked as soon as all the Vanilla revamps roll out.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I disagree, as it seems very much like they're just being lazy about it. At the pace they're working on the models, it's clear they aren't a priority to them.

Also clear they won't be launched in bulk.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Arakkoa for the alliance. Please. I need my shadow priest arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    I'd be down for adding the arracoa to either factions. I don't think ogres will be a playable race, mainly because of the size difference between ogres and other playable races. Ethereals are an option. Don't know how they are going to handle transmog/reforge/voidstorage/item upgrades, though.

My wager, then, Arracoa for the horde, ethereals for the alliance.
    Gnomes and Tauren?

I can't see Arrakoa being a playable race, their model is way too weird, and ethereals are post.

Idk if there's going to be any new race, I think it's a class.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i want another class, i don't think we will see another one this expansion. I mean we just got a class, i'd much rather blizzard get rid of pointless abilities and add newer ones to existing classes.
    As for races, i do expect them to be in the next expansion. Updated models, eh i could care less, more appealing races would be nice in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryre View Post
    Eredar for the horde and high elves for the alliance
    I'd love Eredar.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Not sayin I want them in, but Ethereals could make sense even for a time travel expansion

Explained as follows:
    Current day ethereals see the portals opening to the old draenor (or whatever you use to get there, maybe the thereals are even the guys that create the passage for us)
    And a group of them go through the portal, get attacked by bloodlusting Orc warlords of Draenor. They then decide they need Alliance help to survive and a small group of them join the alliance.

I don't get why everyone thinks that in a time-travel expac the new races have to be from that specific time period. They could pull a worgen again (release a race that has little to do with the actual content of the expansion).

What I am more interested in is what the starting zones will be like. Will they take place in the young timeline, you reach lvl 10 and get sucked in a portal bringing you to Azeroth in the future during the reign of Garrosh? That would be a major retcon I think. So whatever races are being added must have their starting zones in our timeline, so basically ANY race in our current timeline is up for grabs (not restricted to just Draenor natives back in the old days, thought it would make them fit mroe with lore, BUT again, they could pull a Worgen on us)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I still wish the Goblin racial mount was an Ogre, just like the Alchemist from Warcraft III, haha.
    That would be amazing.
    Hi Sephurik

IF they added new races, I'm not sure.

My money is on new model updates instead. They can't do new model updated plus a new race... I think this is going to be the first expansion without a new race or class.