Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Of course some are cool looking. You can beg to differ, but showing me a picture of one or two ogres who stand out won't change my mental image of them. It's a fact they're derpy, hahaha. I can single out Ogri'la or small clans, but I'd still want a storyline backup. What is the reason for adding Ogres to the racial selection now, vs. earlier? I can come up with one via Draenor, last remnants of giants of Draenor, etc. but can you? :P But let's not forget..."To this day, most ogres hate orcs with a passion, remembering the wars they fought against each other."
    http://www.mrmof.com/wp-content/uplo...9/01/oger3.jpg
    For the Horde!

But let's not forget..."To this day, most ogres hate orcs with a passion, remembering the wars they fought against each other."
    we can pretty much forget that, because it's RPG book stuff (from the horde player guide) and RPG books were ruled as non-canon.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    What is the reason for adding Ogres to the racial selection now, vs. earlier? I can come up with one via Draenor, last remnants of giants of Draenor, etc. but can you? :P
    some are already in Horde so its only about making them playable.
    Why now and not earlier? I dont know why. Maybe because Blood Elves and Goblins were planned to be added earlier?(some may ask why BE before Goblins?). Maybe expansion about Dreanor(not BL related outland like in TBC) is a perfect time to introduce them as a playable faction? Maybe they are planning some Horde-Alliance war where Ogres would take a huge part(for example battle of Dire Maul or whole Fereals)

Who if not Ogres? and why not earlier ?

if there is going to be any playable race in expansion about Draenor, Ogres are the most logical choice for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Let's not forget the Draenei were retconned.
    Let's not forget that Worgen were never a friendly race ever.
    Let's not forget that the Undead were the enemies of everybody.
    Let's not forget that Goblins were supposedly completely neutral.

Your point?
    I'm just asking for reasons why it is added now, whereas pointing toward not being added is more relevant. I'd be fine with any added race granted they have a good reason. So why are Ogres a good choice at this juncture (vs. prior), via whatever backing you want (Draenor inhabitants, been around awhile, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    some are already in Horde so its only about making them playable.
    Why now and not earlier? I dont know why. Maybe because Blood Elves and Goblins were planned to be added earlier?(some may ask why BE before Goblins?). Maybe expansion about Dreanor(not BL related outland like in TBC) is a perfect time to introduce them as a playable faction? Maybe they are planning some Horde-Alliance war where Ogres would take a huge part(for example battle of Dire Maul or whole Fereals)

Who if not Ogres? and why not earlier ?

if there is going to be any playable race in expansion about Draenor, Ogres are the most logical choice for Horde.
    I don't think they're the most logical, but they're in the running. I can logic up a bunch of races to be added. At least you said some reasoning though, which I'm fine with. Draenor. My life for Draenor. WAIT.

Epiphany. The beastliest warlord of Draenor will be...

Wait for it.....

JIM DRAENOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    we can pretty much forget that, because it's RPG book stuff (from the horde player guide) and RPG books were ruled as non-canon.
    Yeah and most races get along pretty well.

The Orcs, Tauren, Blood Elves, Trolls, Ogres, Goblins, Undead so on get along with themselves.
    The Forest Troll Revantusk Tribe gets along with the Horde now and the other races do as well, and even the jungle trolls as the Darkspear, and I hope the other tribes that they had like the Shatterspear tribe, and there was also a Twilight highlands tribe full of trolls to.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Let's not forget the Draenei were retconned.
    Let's not forget that Worgen were never a friendly race ever.
    Let's not forget that the Undead were the enemies of everybody.
    Let's not forget that Goblins were supposedly completely neutral.

Your point?
    You have a point of course. Everything can change.
    But the Worgen that joined the Alliance are not the feral beasts that Arugal summoned. They are Gilneans, cursed humans, that's why they are friendly.

I'm just asking for reasons why it is added now, whereas pointing toward not being added is more relevant. I'd be fine with any added race granted they have a good reason. So why are Ogres a good choice at this juncture (vs. prior), via whatever backing you want (Draenor inhabitants, been around awhile, etc.)?
    Ogres are native to Draenor and worked alongside the Orcs during the course of Warcraft 1 and 2. After that they split away from the Orcs, but a clan of them rejoined them again when Rexxar beat out their leader. Ogres were the first non-Orc race to join the Horde, before anyone else, but simply dropped off. Even now there's Ogres allied with the Horde. Having Ogres along with us on Draenor would only be natural, it'd be like not bringing along Orcs or Draenei, the Ogres' population was nearly as big as these two races, if not as big as at least Draeneis.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    You serve your name well.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    You have a point of course. Everything can change.
    But the Worgen that joined the Alliance are not the feral beasts that Arugal summoned. They are Gilneans, cursed humans, that's why they are friendly.

Yes. Because Blizzard found a way to make them an Alliance race. The point holds. :P

Ethereals and Ogres are my prediction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Ogres are native to Draenor and worked alongside the Orcs during the course of Warcraft 1 and 2. After that they split away from the Orcs, but a clan of them rejoined them again when Rexxar beat out their leader. Ogres were the first non-Orc race to join the Horde, before anyone else, but simply dropped off. Even now there's Ogres allied with the Horde. Having Ogres along with us on Draenor would only be natural, it'd be like not bringing along Orcs or Draenei, the Ogres' population was nearly as big as these two races, if not as big as at least Draeneis.
    Yes considering if the Horde can get more recruits for the Ogre race I think it would make sense for them to be playable.
    Already a good choice of classes for them to be, a possible FUTURE home for them would be Dire Maul, possible racial mounts would be Clefthooves, and so forth.

Its also time to that Ogres finally got into the Horde as a playable race, and start in Feralas and go from there. The Alliance Forces from Feralas can be in Ashvenvale and use their fire-power to take over the woods for the Alliance and even have the woods be split into two.
    Also I would like if the Alliance they had in Feralas would be in the Night Elf area to and even Shandris Feathermoon going and being a large importance in the Night Elf city would be awesome to.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    /tinfoil hat

Theramore was destoryed in order to make Brackenwall and dustwallow marsh the new horde ogre Starting Zone!!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I'm okay with this, if they're heavily involved in the story. Though the question I'd raise is wouldn't it have been better to add them during TBC then? Not that it'd be a bad time to add them if we go back to Draenor in the present, but wouldn't that have been a better time? And also, do you think Blizzard would actually make Ogres playable at this juncture? I can see reasons for and against it, but it always seems like Blizzard does something out of left field. Worgen and Goblins? Pandaren? I mean, who actually expected those at all before leaks...All we have now is Draenor, and the obvious choice would be Ogre in a sense, if you put it as you did. In that sense alone (it being an obvious long-overdue choice), I would say it's not going to happen.

This is me also still pulling for an Akama/Maiev driven story with The Broken as a new race. IDK why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for Horde and Broken for Alliance race.
    For the Horde!

I'm okay with this, if they're heavily involved in the story. Though the question I'd raise is wouldn't it have been better to add them during TBC then? Not that it'd be a bad time to add them if we go back to Draenor in the present, but wouldn't that have been a better time? And also, do you think Blizzard would actually make Ogres playable at this juncture? I can see reasons for and against it, but it always seems like Blizzard does something out of left field. Worgen and Goblins? Pandaren? I mean, who actually expected those at all before leaks...All we have now is Draenor, and the obvious choice would be Ogre in a sense, if you put it as you did. In that sense alone (it being an obvious long-overdue choice), I would say it's not going to happen.

This is me also still pulling for an Akama/Maiev driven story with The Broken as a new race. IDK why.
    Goblins were like universally expected for any expansion that'd introduce new races, and Pandarens were often requested. The only race which truly came out of the left field were Worgens and the TBC races. Ogres are also requested a lot and are probably one of the easiest races to fit in.

As for the TBC thing. Ogres were actually planned as the Horde race, and apparently were battling it out against Blood Elves in the "finals" but just barely lost. They were the first choice though. And guess what, very same thing happened in Cataclysm, Goblins just edged them slightly.

All we need to know is if there's going to be new races at all, if that's the case, then Ogres are pretty much guaranteed for Horde, there's nothing holding them back, it's just too easy to add them. Alliance is always more fishy, there's so many options. I'd love Broken personally, but since they are pretty much the same race as Draeneis, despite looking much different, probably holds them back.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-11-06 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still surprised by how many people insist that there'll be a new race both for Horde and Alliance when Pandaren are so lonely on the bottom of the character creation screen.

Said so, Ethereals, please.

And by the way, Drijya is a she... at least in the Spanish client. We do not know if there were females when they were fleshy, though.
    Last edited by Azalar; 2013-11-06 at 05:17 PM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I'm still surprised by how many people insist that there'll be a new race both for Horde and Alliance when Pandaren are so lonely on the bottom of the character creation screen.

Said so, Ethereals, please.

And by the way, Drijya is a she... at least in the Spanish client ._.
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain that it's the English client which counts. Even then, not having shown a female counterpart of a race doesn't matter, as shown with Worgens, Draeneis and Pandarens. It doesn't hold any race back, if they want to have a race in, they're going to create a female counterpart.

People aren't really expecting a neutral race since I think it was Ghostcrawler who commented negatively on it. Best case scenario we get 1 Alliance, 1 Horde and 1 Neutral, that'd be great.

There was a brackenwall emissiary at domination point In krasarang wilds as well, although the leader of that operation (garrosh) is now deposed.

As for the broken, they will most probably be an alliance race as the kurenai faction was aligned with the alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm fairly certain that it's the English client which counts. Even then, not having shown a female counterpart of a race doesn't matter, as shown with Worgens, Draeneis and Pandarens. It doesn't hold any race back, if they want to have a race in, they're going to create a female counterpart.

People aren't really expecting a neutral race since I think it was Ghostcrawler who commented negatively on it. Best case scenario we get 1 Alliance, 1 Horde and 1 Neutral, that'd be great.
    Alliance naga. Horde ogres. Neutral until level 10 ethereals. Would indeed make for a population explosion.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to have a race in, they're going to create a female counterpart.

Yea, I remember that quote. It feels incredibly awkward to have only one neutral race, though, which may be one reason of why we continuously ask for more neutral races.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    As for the broken, they will most probably be an alliance race as the kurenai faction was aligned with the alliance
    I'm not sure that subraces should become playable. In any case, Broken would be another skin for Draenei...

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

I'd be happy with ogres Horde side. Broken on alliance just sounds silly, they're just warped Draenei. You could say the same with worgen for humans if you wanted to nitpick, but they differentiate themselves enough imo. Once again, i'm thinking new race. Hell, Jaina and Kalecgos getting along so well might even turn into blue dragons on alliance side(i haven't the slightest clue what their humanoid forms would look like.)