Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
61
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    Bloodsail Admiral Pencil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the fridge
    Posts
    1,107
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

    People don't seem to engage their brains often these days.

    Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't, I'd have to say the two playable races would likely be an ogre or the halfogre/halforc for the Horde, and I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what they might add for the Alliance.
    pencil is cool

  2. #1002
    High Overlord Micromadsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    OH KALECGOS SENPAI~

    I'm sorry. I had to.
    Then again who haven't that chick banged. -.-

  3. #1003
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I think Kalecgos liked his crazy bitches, and never had the hots for his own kind and wanted a mortal instead huh?
    Behold: Jaina's and Kalec's love child

  4. #1004
    Warchief Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Direction View Post
    Arrakoa & ethereals i want.
    http://www.behemothgaming.com/wp-con...gre_shaman.jpg

    This doesn't come to mind at all?
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  5. #1005
    High Overlord Micromadsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    143
    Klaxxar I've noticed you really like Ogres. I'm not sure what it is but it's just a feeling in my gut of some sorts.

    Then again we could have all three. Ogre for horde, which is the obvious one. Arakkoa for the alliance, because they do have ties to the alliance and helped them in the past. And a neutral Ethereal, because they don't have ties to any of the factions they are more likely to employ us as henchmen for their work but I could see them as neutral.

  6. #1006
    Brewmaster videotape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I think Ethereals would be perfect for both factions, and then the Ogres would be perfect for the Horde and some other race for Alliance.
    Yeah. My initial thought was no new races, but the more I consider it, the more likely it seems that we'll get ethereal as a cross-faction race. To elaborate on my justification:

    1. Blizzard has already confessed a preference for cross-faction races after MoP. Adding two new races is vastly more expensive: Twice the starting content and twice the model/animation work. Relatively little extra payoff since the majority of players only play one faction.

    2. Ethereal have always been faction-agnostic; at the same time they do not share a unified goal as a race. It is not unreasonable to expect some splintering to aid Horde or Alliance for the mutual benefit of resource acquisition.

    3. Draenor and related worlds. Ethereals obviously have a vested interest in the neighborhood. Timey-wimey expansion opens doors to flesh out this race that otherwise enjoys relatively spotty lore roots and purpose.

    4. Ethereals are pretty fucking cool. I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

    5. The Ethereal model and animations are probably already mostly ready for player use.

    So it's at least a moderate gameplay win for players, the effort would return relatively high margins for Blizzard, and it's a decent lore fit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

    Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't
    The second assertion - which defies all reasonable likelihood - certainly doesn't motivate anyone to trust the first one, for which you provide no rationale.

  7. #1007
    Mechagnome Zorua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Klaxxar I've noticed you really like Ogres. I'm not sure what it is but it's just a feeling in my gut of some sorts.

    Then again we could have all three. Ogre for horde, which is the obvious one. Arakkoa for the alliance, because they do have ties to the alliance and helped them in the past. And a neutral Ethereal, because they don't have ties to any of the factions they are more likely to employ us as henchmen for their work but I could see them as neutral.
    That would be amazing, but I don't think Blizzard would ever do it. :C I wish they would.

    3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

  8. #1008
    Warchief Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Klaxxar I've noticed you really like Ogres. I'm not sure what it is but it's just a feeling in my gut of some sorts.

    Then again we could have all three. Ogre for horde, which is the obvious one. Arakkoa for the alliance, because they do have ties to the alliance and helped them in the past. And a neutral Ethereal, because they don't have ties to any of the factions they are more likely to employ us as henchmen for their work but I could see them as neutral.
    I wanted them since the good old days and I did play Warcraft II up to the point of Mists today and missed Warcraft One though, but I heard Ogres were in that game to and they also were the ones that were kickass giant people until a artwork showed on how they looked for the other works and people thought they were stupid, not worth their time example. I would seriously love Ogres, and I loved on how we got Orcs, Tauren, Blood Elves, Trolls, and Goblins, for the Horde, and undead not so much. Ogres would be the last known Horde race for the Horde that would be perfect and not sure what they will get after that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Then again who haven't that chick banged. -.-
    Jaina wanted human, orc, elemental, and some more. Now she is going after dragon.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  9. #1009
    well, Ogres fits for Horde but to be serious the only races that fit somehow for Alliance are High Elves and Furbolg the problem is that they are totally not connected to Draenor(and got other cons like beeing same as BE or very simillar to Pandas). So everyone wants Ethereals or Arakkoa because they are the only intelligent Outland/Draenor races that doesn't fit Horde.

    I wonder the story that they will write to put them into the Alliance and I hope it will be more reliable than Draenei story.

  10. #1010
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Jaina wanted human, orc, elemental, and some more. Now she is going after dragon.
    If she collects the whole set, she wins a free toaster.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  11. #1011
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

    People don't seem to engage their brains often these days.

    Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't, I'd have to say the two playable races would likely be an ogre or the halfogre/halforc for the Horde, and I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what they might add for the Alliance.
    I don't understand why you find Naga, Ethereals and Arrakoa a stupid idea for playable races?

    Blizzard already said that they want Naga as a playable race (Actually Metzen said that), Ethereals are one of the most popular races and Arrakoa are popular (not that popular) and is the easier one to add (and the one that have more sense for the Alliance if we have a expansion in Draenor)

  12. #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Goblins were like universally expected for any expansion that'd introduce new races, and Pandarens were often requested. The only race which truly came out of the left field were Worgens and the TBC races. Ogres are also requested a lot and are probably one of the easiest races to fit in.

    As for the TBC thing. Ogres were actually planned as the Horde race, and apparently were battling it out against Blood Elves in the "finals" but just barely lost. They were the first choice though. And guess what, very same thing happened in Cataclysm, Goblins just edged them slightly.

    All we need to know is if there's going to be new races at all, if that's the case, then Ogres are pretty much guaranteed for Horde, there's nothing holding them back, it's just too easy to add them. Alliance is always more fishy, there's so many options. I'd love Broken personally, but since they are pretty much the same race as Draeneis, despite looking much different, probably holds them back.
    So what you're saying is...twice they had Ogres slated for a possible race and twice they opted them out because they found another race more interesting or fit better with the story. In that regard, you can almost guarantee they won't make it, with the exception being the leaked title alluding to Draenor. Logic and history states they'll find a more suitable, interesting, and lorrific race to add. Speculation states they may be added because of the ties, but I just don't see it. Do I get a 2-headed option? How different do females look, since they've barely been mentioned? I know, these are minor details, but they play a deciding role in the choices Blizzard makes.

    I don't remember many people mentioning Pandaren as a possible race at all until the leaks of MoP. Afterward, the community was split between "terrible" and "awesome", with few in the middle.

    I still want to know why Akama and Maiev are featured on the Outland loading screen after Cataclysm...

    At this point, I'll take Murlocs over Ogres. MURLOCS are long overdue and well deserved, IMO. We take them for granted, recognize their cuteness, yet can't understand the depths of their development. Pew pew.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I don't understand why you find Naga, Ethereals and Arrakoa a stupid idea for playable races?

    Blizzard already said that they want Naga as a playable race (Actually Metzen said that), Ethereals are one of the most popular races and Arrakoa are popular (not that popular) and is the easier one to add (and the one that have more sense for the Alliance if we have a expansion in Draenor)
    It comes down to feasibility. Some, like the Arakkoa, are more acceptable. Ethereals seem like more of a stretch, given their abilities and nature. They know a lot about the universe and travel the Twisting Nether, have ridiculous technology and are willing to play every side. Yes, things can be altered, but if I got to play an Ethereal and didn't have knowledge of the star systems, planets, technologies, it wouldn't make sense. I'd be playing an empty shell of an Ethereal. With that race comes certain ties, that if aren't brought along just make it a moot point to even suggest them. Would it be cool? Sure! But it'd just be reallllly hard to incorporate them.

    Naga, well, they're pretty bad. But another elf variation? YUCK! :P
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-11-06 at 06:24 PM.

  13. #1013
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    At this point, I'll take Murlocs over Ogres. MURLOCS are long overdue and well deserved, IMO. We take them for granted, recognize their cuteness, yet can't understand the depths of their development. Pew pew.
    Murlocs would fit better to Azshara/N'Zoth expansion, assuming this upcoming one is going to be Draenor or something. But yeah I'd be totally cool with Murlocs, them plus Jinyu, for Horde and Alliance respectively.

  14. #1014
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

    People don't seem to engage their brains often these days.

    Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't, I'd have to say the two playable races would likely be an ogre or the halfogre/halforc for the Horde, and I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what they might add for the Alliance.
    All three of those races races were considered for Cata though, and Metzen's on record saying he wants the former (at least) to happen one day.

    Compare that to blue-eyed blood elves, who despite not even making the shortlist and Blizzard themselves saying "no" to, keep on coming up every time fans discuss the subject.

  15. #1015
    High Overlord Micromadsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    So what you're saying is...twice they had Ogres slated for a possible race and twice they opted them out because they found another race more interesting or fit better with the story. In that regard, you can almost guarantee they won't make it, with the exception being the leaked title alluding to Draenor. Logic and history states they'll find a more suitable, interesting, and lorrific race to add. Speculation states they may be added because of the ties, but I just don't see it. Do I get a 2-headed option? How different do females look, since they've barely been mentioned? I know, these are minor details, but they play a deciding role in the choices Blizzard makes.
    Because with BC the horde was very much under populated, which was why Blood Elf won that match. The Blood Elf served the purpose of giving the horde a more human looking race which did even the numbers somewhat.
    In cataclysm it was basically the horde needed a gnome equivilant and the goblins and the gnomes have always been competing and fighting. And the Ogre would fit in with a revamped azeroth as much as the goblin did.

    Here there is the possibility of Draenor as the expansion, not Outland. And the only native races that are from Draenor with the exception of Orcs are Ogres and Arakkoa. Which is why most are betting on the two.

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I don't remember many people mentioning Pandaren as a possible race at all until the leaks of MoP. Afterward, the community was split between "terrible" and "awesome", with few in the middle.
    Actually they were slated for TBC as the alliance race but the Draenais took their place fitting more into the Outland theme.

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I still want to know why Akama and Maiev are featured on the Outland loading screen after Cataclysm...
    I'm not sure why Maiev is there but it's obvious why Akama is there. Maiev is not even in the game at this point nor were she back in TBC. Other than that it's blizzard not updating Outlands. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    At this point, I'll take Murlocs over Ogres. MURLOCS are long overdue and well deserved, IMO. We take them for granted, recognize their cuteness, yet can't understand the depths of their development. Pew pew.
    No. Murlocs are not intelligent enough to become a playable race. That is why we have something like the Jinyu which is a relative of the Murloc. And seriously it's a sodding murloc... Kill all of them I say!
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-06 at 06:29 PM.

  16. #1016
    I'm personally hoping for something completely out of left field if anything. Or a new ranged class instead of a new race/races. We really need a new ranged class.

  17. #1017
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    So what you're saying is...twice they had Ogres slated for a possible race and twice they opted them out because they found another race more interesting or fit better with the story. In that regard, you can almost guarantee they won't make it, with the exception being the leaked title alluding to Draenor. Logic and history states they'll find a more suitable, interesting, and lorrific race to add. Speculation states they may be added because of the ties, but I just don't see it. Do I get a 2-headed option? How different do females look, since they've barely been mentioned? I know, these are minor details, but they play a deciding role in the choices Blizzard makes.

    I don't remember many people mentioning Pandaren as a possible race at all until the leaks of MoP. Afterward, the community was split between "terrible" and "awesome", with few in the middle.

    I still want to know why Akama and Maiev are featured on the Outland loading screen after Cataclysm...

    At this point, I'll take Murlocs over Ogres. MURLOCS are long overdue and well deserved, IMO. We take them for granted, recognize their cuteness, yet can't understand the depths of their development. Pew pew.
    No, the fact that they almost made it twice means that they're most definitely being seriously considered once again. It's the fact that they almost made it that counts, because that means Blizzard wants to make them playable, but they've simply been outprioritized. So yeah, Blizzard has tried to add them seriously before, this isn't a matter of history repeating itself, because by now Ogres are the only real suitable choice for this kind of expansion theme. They're also interesting in their own right, and they already have a culture of worshipping Gronns and what not, so they are "lorrific" as you put it. Of course they'd need to figure out a lot of different things in order to make them properly playable, but fact is that they'd need to figure out much more stuff for every other race choice. Goblins proved to be a feasible choice because they had already set so many things in stone beforehand, while Worgens and Draenei were the exact opposite, Ogres would be as easy to make playable as Goblins, except that they'd need to figure out how the females look, which they had to do with Pandarens, Worgens and Draeneis too.

    And there were many Pandaren threads, always filled with half "yay" and half "fuck you" as you mention. But they were many, and Blizzard themselves have stated they added them due to sheer demand.

    Akama and Maiev on the Outland loading screen means nothing, just like unfrozen Bolvar does, probably even less. It's just for show. Like Blizzard themselves say, sometimes they just add things because they're cool, not because of some hidden meaning. In the current Outland loading screen's case, it's probably just to summarize important characters at the time of TBC.

    Btw, good luck getting your Murlocs in a Draenor expansion. Murlocs pose many more problems than Ogres in every feasible way. And if they're well deserving, then why aren't Ogres? Ogres are more deserving than any other race that can potentially be added and have been added, maybe with the exception of Goblins, because they were there right from the start, they were there along with Daemons (as Demons were called back in WC1), Orcs and Humans right in the beginning. I don't see why you can't see them being playable, because it's something a lot of people have seen as only logical for many years. If any race is long overdue, it's definitely Ogres.

    But again, it depends on if we're even getting any new races at all.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2013-11-06 at 06:34 PM.

  18. #1018
    Stood in the Fire The Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Moving from Azeroth to Tamriel
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Did you really just say Arakkoas would be a boring race? I know that's your opinion, but how can you say that when you're asking for High Elves? High Elves shouldn't even be an option. Why would anyone want ANOTHER Elf race, and on top of that, a recolored B-elf race with blue eyes? I don't understand anyone's logic who want High Elves to be a playable race.

    Same thing goes for what you said about brown orcs. Why? It's just a race recolor. Sure they might have different lore and different racials, but they're still just a recolor of an already playable race.

    I'm all for Ogres as a playable race though. They're different and interesting to me. Honestly not sure about any other races though.
    Oh, probably the same logic that people in both factions wanting to be Pandaren falls under...

  19. #1019
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Somewhere Far Far Away
    Posts
    127
    Ethereals are cool, but i dont think they will be in game as playable race, i mean, i cant imagine a female Ethereal, and what about their faces? If people bitch about fem worgs and fem pandas only having 1 face option...think about Ethereals then....

    For a new race all i want its a sexy race with 5 fingers and toes on their hand and feet and glorious epics bewbs that is more bouncy than the fem dwarves one <3. Also, dont make the weapons look like a tiny stick.

  20. #1020
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,714
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Oh, probably the same logic that people in both factions wanting to be Pandaren falls under...
    Is only 1 race with the possibility to be in both factions, so is not the same as High Elfs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •