Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ...
4
44
52
53
54
55
56
64
... LastLast
  1. #1061
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    One week it's Dark Below next week it's Heroes of the Storm, week after that it's World of Draenor, so which one is the new expansion then? Like every trademark by Blizz means new expansion now.
    Also this is good example how to trick idiots with "new playable race leak" : http://imgur.com/a/KOwCP#0
    Except that the dark below disapeared, heroes of the storm is confirmed to be blizzard DOTA V...3?

    Also, I have seen several banners and logos of Warlords of Draenor that look very much blizzard quality, but hey its 48 hours left untill we know for certain so speculation is really pointless at this point tbh.

  2. #1062
    I really doubt that Alliance will get High Elves, but if they did I would totally do race changes on my alli toons.

  3. #1063
    Mechagnome Graden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas City
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I really doubt that Alliance will get High Elves, but if they did I would totally do race changes on my alli toons.
    Same here. Except my Worgen warrior.
    Fools! Simpletons! Look at you milling about, oblivious to the coming of the end!
    Allow me to ask a simple question: Is a man allowed - entitled even - the sweat of his brow?
    "No," says the orc in Orgrimmar, "it belongs to the Horde!"
    "No," says the human in Stormwind, "it belongs to Alliance!"
    I knew a man once that rejected those answers! A man that chose the impossible!
    That man was Genn Greymane and that impossible choice was Gilneas!
    Oh Gilneas, I miss you so!

  4. #1064
    High Overlord Micromadsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I really doubt that Alliance will get High Elves, but if they did I would totally do race changes on my alli toons.
    Can I ask why? Why not just play Blood Elf? And no it's not for yelling the usual High Elf and Blood Elf are the same. But a genuine question. Is it because you are playing alliance only, if so why not just play a night elf? Or just because of the lore behind them.

  5. #1065
    Ethereal as a neutral race, Upon picking a faction they glow blue/red instead of white. sorted.

  6. #1066
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Can I ask why? Why not just play Blood Elf? And no it's not for yelling the usual High Elf and Blood Elf are the same. But a genuine question. Is it because you are playing alliance only, if so why not just play a night elf? Or just because of the lore behind them.
    WoW has been out for what, nearly ten years now. And in that time we're had exactly 3 playable races added per faction. I would be pissed if they used up one of the few times they add a new player race as something as mundane as HEs.

    It just ins't a sexy, news worthy choice. Sure, the lore is there for them and I'm sure a certain group of people with get their lore rocks off at the thought, but it won't bring anything new and flashy into the mix. In my opinion it would be a waste of a new playable race. I'd rather Blizzard use it on something that'll make me say "Damn, that's awesome!" Or "Holy shit I didn't see that coming!" and not "Oh... more elves... maybe in another 2-4 years I'll get something unique"
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  7. #1067
    Mechagnome Graden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas City
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Can I ask why? Why not just play Blood Elf? And no it's not for yelling the usual High Elf and Blood Elf are the same. But a genuine question. Is it because you are playing alliance only, if so why not just play a night elf? Or just because of the lore behind them.
    I really don't have a problem at all with the Horde. But i can't be a fan of them or their lore, i just can't. Alliance was always far more interesting to me, since Warcraft 2 where i started playing Warcraft. I have some Blood Elves toons and i love them, i love Quel'Thalas/Silvermoon. But outside that...i really can't be a part with the rest of the Horde, they are so damn different with each other IMO.
    High Elves were a big part of the Alliance, and my favourite faction especially back in Warcraft 3. I was expecting them to be an Alliance playable faction when i first heard about TBC. I was shocked when i learned they're gonna be the next Horde race...
    Now, i understand it's unlikely if not impossible for High Elves to be the next Alliance race, but i really hope so.
    Last edited by Graden; 2013-11-06 at 08:18 PM.
    Fools! Simpletons! Look at you milling about, oblivious to the coming of the end!
    Allow me to ask a simple question: Is a man allowed - entitled even - the sweat of his brow?
    "No," says the orc in Orgrimmar, "it belongs to the Horde!"
    "No," says the human in Stormwind, "it belongs to Alliance!"
    I knew a man once that rejected those answers! A man that chose the impossible!
    That man was Genn Greymane and that impossible choice was Gilneas!
    Oh Gilneas, I miss you so!

  8. #1068
    Quote Originally Posted by talvinen View Post
    Ethereal as a neutral race, Upon picking a faction they glow blue/red instead of white. sorted.
    Horde and Alliance pandas are identical to begin with, so it's not necessary.

  9. #1069
    Scarab Lord anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    4,362
    Play Ogre and you get 2 helm slots for your racial. OPPPPPPPPPPP

  10. #1070
    So basically, at the core at the desire to play High Elves is pretty much that they don't want to play the Horde?


    All right. I want Alliance trolls, because I love trolls but I don't like the Horde!
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  11. #1071
    High Overlord Micromadsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    WoW has been out for what, nearly ten years now. And in that time we're had exactly 3 playable races added per faction. I would be pissed if they used up one of the few times they add a new player race as something as mundane as HEs.
    Well I'm basically of the same opinion in that I would find it highly strange for Blizzard to add something flashy for one side but not the other. In the case of the elfs, well there is one on each faction and there are next to none remaining of the last faction of elves which is why I'm highly confused as to why people would want Helfs instead of something different. Like the Arakkoa, Ethereal, Naga, flippin seagulls hell I don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So basically, at the core at the desire to play High Elves is pretty much that they don't want to play the Horde?


    All right. I want Alliance trolls, because I love trolls but I don't like the Horde!
    Yes that is exactly what I mean. I guess it can be helped (somewhat) if they introduce sub races. But then we wouldn't get to play Trolls or Orcs on the alliance side, neither Draeneis or Worgen on the horde. (Just a few random races)

    I'm happy that it's atleast lore reasons and not "Oh I wantz me Legolas" or whatever reason else I've heard.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-06 at 08:26 PM.

  12. #1072
    Mechagnome Graden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas City
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So basically, at the core at the desire to play High Elves is pretty much that they don't want to play the Horde?


    All right. I want Alliance trolls, because I love trolls but I don't like the Horde!
    It's not the same. It's because High Elves used to be Alliance for a very long time, and they were the favourite faction for many people (including myself).
    I don't demand High Elves to become playable, i understand it's almost impossible for something like that to happen now.

    edit : I'm happy enough that we have them as an Alliance faction, even not playable. I just wish they were.
    Last edited by Graden; 2013-11-06 at 08:28 PM.
    Fools! Simpletons! Look at you milling about, oblivious to the coming of the end!
    Allow me to ask a simple question: Is a man allowed - entitled even - the sweat of his brow?
    "No," says the orc in Orgrimmar, "it belongs to the Horde!"
    "No," says the human in Stormwind, "it belongs to Alliance!"
    I knew a man once that rejected those answers! A man that chose the impossible!
    That man was Genn Greymane and that impossible choice was Gilneas!
    Oh Gilneas, I miss you so!

  13. #1073
    high elves are blood elves ..... stop asking for them

  14. #1074
    High Overlord Micromadsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I'm happy enough that we have them as an Alliance faction, even not playable. I just wish they were.
    And that makes you one of the most reasonable people here. >_<

  15. #1075
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    I still disagree. If you think about it less in gameplay and more in lore, economics comes to play more during wartime than just about anything else.

    That being said, I understand your point and it does have merit.
    well one side got better economics than other but it fluently changes with or without trader race. If Horde wins ,everyone wants to trade with Bligewater but if they loose noone want to trade with them. The more important than trade are resources. Dwarfs are awesome miners and smiths so Alliance doesnt need to buy metal or weapons like Horde because their mines will be more effective than Horde ones and their weapons would have better quality than Horde weapons.

    so Horde should get race of smiths and miners?

  16. #1076
    I really have no clue, but I'd wager Ogres. Ethereals and High Elves get thrown around a lot, but high elves are redundant. Perhaps not lorewise but gameplay/aesthetically it is too similar. Honestly, the coolest thing to do would be to surprise us with 2 new races we've never heard of or seen before to keep it fresh.

    This one time at Brand Camp, I got Singed.

  17. #1077
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,644
    It's safe to say the ship has sailed on high elves when Blizzard tapped blood elves for the horde and again on furbolgs when they decided to go with pandamen. Even if lore is there, those choices now have an intrinsic toxicity due to simply being too much like already available options.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  18. #1078
    Mechagnome Graden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gilneas City
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It's safe to say the ship has sailed on high elves when Blizzard tapped blood elves for the horde and again on furbolgs when they decided to go with pandamen. Even if lore is there, those choices now have an intrinsic toxicity due to simply being too much like already available options.
    True enough.
    Blizzard can always surprise us though xD We'll find out in 2 days. I really hope for new races + new models.
    Fools! Simpletons! Look at you milling about, oblivious to the coming of the end!
    Allow me to ask a simple question: Is a man allowed - entitled even - the sweat of his brow?
    "No," says the orc in Orgrimmar, "it belongs to the Horde!"
    "No," says the human in Stormwind, "it belongs to Alliance!"
    I knew a man once that rejected those answers! A man that chose the impossible!
    That man was Genn Greymane and that impossible choice was Gilneas!
    Oh Gilneas, I miss you so!

  19. #1079
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    It's not the same. It's because High Elves used to be Alliance for a very long time, and they were the favourite faction for many people (including myself).
    I don't demand High Elves to become playable, i understand it's almost impossible for something like that to happen now.

    edit : I'm happy enough that we have them as an Alliance faction, even not playable. I just wish they were.

    Sure, there's a basis for High Elves and they do exist, as opposed to trolls that join the Alliance, but they are largely Blood Elves, and the one that are High Elves already get a role. In fact, they're in a better state right now, than most of the real Alliance races.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  20. #1080
    High Overlord Coldtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Frozen Wastes
    Posts
    124
    If we got another rehash Horde race (ogres, goblins I'm looking at you) and alliance got another completely new race AGAIN I'd probably quit...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •