Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    True enough.
    Blizzard can always surprise us though xD We'll find out in 2 days. I really hope for new races + new models.
    I hope so. It would seem the consensus revolves around horde ogres and either ethereals/arakkoa for the alliance, with a smattering of neutral ethereals too. While they all make sense, I can't help but to wish they would throw us a curve ball and we'd get something unexpected. I really want to be gobsmacked come Friday morning/afternoon.

Like, it'd be great if I came away from unveiling saying "Damn. I didn't see that coming."
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I would subscribe forever for Corrupted Draenei.

Literally forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Sure, there's a basis for High Elves and they do exist, as opposed to trolls that join the Alliance, but they are largely Blood Elves, and the one that are High Elves already get a role. In fact, they're in a better state right now, than most of the real Alliance races.
    Yeah, i agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtooth View Post
    If we got another rehash Horde race (ogres, goblins I'm looking at you) and alliance got another completely new race AGAIN I'd probably quit...
    If when you're saying a completely new race you mean Worgen, well....Lorewise, it's not a 'new race', it's the kingdom of Gilneas which was the most powerful human kingdom after Lordaeron, that was a member of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, and they accept it back in the Alliance after so many years of isolation. I guess from the entire Gilnean population, 60 or 70% are cursed and the rest of them are humans. So basically it's just another human kingdom, nothing new.
    Fools! Simpletons! Look at you milling about, oblivious to the coming of the end!
    Allow me to ask a simple question: Is a man allowed - entitled even - the sweat of his brow?
    "No," says the orc in Orgrimmar, "it belongs to the Horde!"
    "No," says the human in Stormwind, "it belongs to Alliance!"
    I knew a man once that rejected those answers! A man that chose the impossible!
    That man was Genn Greymane and that impossible choice was Gilneas!
    Oh Gilneas, I miss you so!

Every expansion either had a new race or a new class. Simply giving us updated old models won't do. They learned this in Cataclysm.

We'll either be getting new races or a new class. The updated character models might not even be ready, but hopefully they will.
    Last edited by arnoldr45; 2013-11-06 at 09:01 PM.

If when you're saying a completely new race you mean Worgen, well....Lorewise, it's not a 'new race', it's the kingdom of Gilneas which was the most powerful human kingdom after Lordaeron, that was a member of the old Alliance of Lordaeron, and they accept it back in the Alliance after so many years of isolation. I guess from the entire Gilnean population, 60 or 70% are cursed and the rest of them are humans. So basically it's just another human kingdom, nothing new.

mmm, no

i think its fair to say that both Draenei and Worgen were rather huge leaps in the lore, or retcons (not that there is anything wrong in that) and that the Blood Elves and Goblins were basically inducted into horde as-such, with little to no re-vision of their respective lore.

Gilneas existed in Lore but they were not Worgen per se, nor did they have druidism, and the worgen curse was not druidic. The Eredar (demons) and Draenei (the broken) existed in lore but they were two wholly unrelated races. and neither were Light Worshipping lawful good guys. These two races are novel. Blood Elves and Goblins by comparison were not retconned.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-06 at 09:08 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    mmm, no

i think its fair to say that both Draenei and Worgen were rather huge leaps in the lore, or retcons (not that there is anything wrong in that) and that the Blood Elves and Goblins were basically inducted into horde as-such, with little to no re-vision of their respective lore.

Indeed, but at least they found an awesome way (imo) to introduce the Worgen, they used Gilneas an old human kingdom of the old Alliance, and the lore they made up for Arugal, that was a Gilnean human and that Genn was the one that ordered him to summon the Worgen in order to protect the Greymane Wall and keep the undead threat outside of Gilneas, which later was the cause of the curse (and so on), was pretty damn good i think, unlike the Draenei that literally came out of nowhere.
    Fools! Simpletons! Look at you milling about, oblivious to the coming of the end!
    Allow me to ask a simple question: Is a man allowed - entitled even - the sweat of his brow?

Indeed, but at least they found an awesome way (imo) to introduce the Worgen, they used Gilneas an old human kingdom of the old Alliance, and the lore they made up for Arugal, that was a Gilnean human and that Genn was the one that ordered him to summon the Worgen in order to protect the Greymane Wall and keep the undead threat outside of Gilneas, which later was the cause of the curse (and so on), was pretty damn good i think, unlike the Draenei that literally came out of nowhere.
    oh definitely, i think that the introduction of playable worgen was amazingly clever

too bad the gilneans haven't got a city to call their own yet,

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

oh definitely, i think that the introduction of playable worgen was amazingly clever

You mean too bad worgen have zero anything whatsoever (lore, city) after the events stated above? Right.

So basically, at the core at the desire to play High Elves is pretty much that they don't want to play the Horde?

All right. I want Alliance trolls, because I love trolls but I don't like the Horde!
    Trolls were never part of the Alliance. High Elves are and always have been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. The story is there. Lore matters to some of us you realize... Obviously not yourself...
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Yes, I am a professional babysitter and part time retard wrangler.

Yeah :/ Well the zone and their city is there, one can only hope.
    Varian said in the end of SoO that he wants to cleanse Gilneas from the plague, so that Gilneans can rebuild.
    If something like that ever becomes true (i'm hoping next patch, yeah i'm that desperate xD) it would be awesome.
    Gilneas City can be used like Bilgewater Harbor (they are almost about the same size anyway), not a major capital city, but still a city, to avoid further complains about two capitals of the opposite factions, so close to each other (although i'd love that).

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Trolls were never part of the Alliance. High Elves are and always have been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. The story is there. Lore matters to some of us you realize... Obviously not yourself...

Ha-ha-ha. Way to make assumptions.

Aside from having no unique, new models, they have no distinctive culture to call their own. They live in the shadow of the blood elves, and are now left not much more than human bootlickers, so assimilated into the human culture that they may as well just be human handpuppets.

Try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean new in the sense of a "new race" joining the Horde faction rather than just reclaiming old allegiances. I wasn't a fan of it for cataclysm and going straight back into it while Alliance take another new and distinct race (Worgens aren't exactly the Gilneans of past) would probably push me away from WoW for good.
    Last edited by Coldtooth; 2013-11-06 at 09:38 PM.

Ha-ha-ha. Way to make assumptions.

Aside from having no unique, new models, they have no distinctive culture to call their own. They live in the shadow of the blood elves, and are now left not much more than human bootlickers, so assimilated into the human culture that they may as well just be human handpuppets.

Try again.
    Actually I feel I won that, not you. Case and point - Pandaren.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Yes, I am a professional babysitter and part time retard wrangler.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    You mean too bad worgen have zero anything whatsoever (lore, city) after the events stated above? Right.
    Warcraft II: Gilneas was part of the Human Alliance the fought the orcs and pushed them back to the dark portal, before closing their doors to the Alliance in WC3, thanks to the Worgen Plague that was infecting the Kingdom of Gilneas. If your idea of lore is what's written on the WoW manuals, you have a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
    Warcraft II: Gilneas was part of the Human Alliance the fought the orcs and pushed them back to the dark portal, before closing their doors to the Alliance in WC3, thanks to the Worgen Plague that was infecting the Kingdom of Gilneas. If your idea of lore is what's written on the WoW manuals, you have a lot to learn.
    Wow way to go mate, just assume I know nothing about the lore. But can you seriously say that you have seen anything to the Worgens, their plague or their city, or anything else about the worgen since they were introduced? And as I said after the events stated above. Not before.
    They just sort off vanished like the Draenei.

well thats good for them that they lost the city :P

That means that we will probably get some story about reclaiming it. They have a real reason to fight Horde so thats making them valuable for Alliance and active in future expansions

thats why the introducing and placing Worgen in lore was so good imo.

That's not really a case. You really think a brand new race they introduced specifically to go to both sides is an excuse to recycle one that's been playable for like seven years now?

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    well thats good for them that they lost the city :P

That means that we will probably get some story about reclaiming it. They have a real reason to fight Horde so thats making them valuable for Alliance and active in future expansions

thats why the introducing and placing Worgen in lore was so good imo.
    Yeah i believe the same. We'll just have to wait and see!

Actually, you lost that; gravely.

Horde and Alliance Pandaren were both added in the same expansion. We didn't get Pandaren for the Alliance in TBC, and got them for the Horde now. If we got High Elves and Blood Elves in TBC, I'd have no qualms. But this is not the case. If we get High Elves now, that means the Horde will get a unique race. That's atrocious.

Your whole 'well, we got neutral pandaren' comment is really - really flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

I'm going to guess the playable races will be...

Blood Elf, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Pandaren, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Worgen