Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm going to guess the playable races will be...

Blood Elf, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Night Elf, Orc, Pandaren, Tauren, Troll, Undead, Worgen

We do not need more races. We need more options for the ones we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    You mean too bad worgen have zero anything whatsoever (lore, city) after the events stated above? Right.
    yes, basically,

although there are a lot of Worgen NPCs, which i am always thankful to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatty View Post
    We don't need superficial variations on pre-existing material, we need new material.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    We don't need superficial variations on pre-existing material, we need new material.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatty View Post
    No we need both. Though the model update will come eventually quite possibly featuring more options to the older races.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    No we need both.
    well, yes, of course
    i was just being sardonic.

Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    That said, how many people would actually choose an ogre as main for real?

I mean it, Naga or Ethereals would make much better choice, both for aesthetics and marketing.
    well barring Raiders who will go with what 'Elitist Jerks' say, the Role Player is a good way to judge the merit of a player race, because they will actually play out the race the way we imagine a character should be played. So have you ever been to a RP server and seen a RP player in an Ogre Suit RPing being an Ogre? I have. So I am fairly certain that if they add in Ogres people who play characters based on how they feel about the race, Ogres will actually be fairly popular.

Ogres, while totally fitting for the horde, especially a draenor expansion, don't excite me at all. I wouldn't be pissed if we got them, but I probably wouldn't play one outside of the starting zone. There's just so many other races that I would rather see. Ethereals and Saurok being two examples

The main problem with Gilneas is not that it isn't some hub city like Ironforge or even a micro-city like Bilgewater Harbor.

The problem is Blizz made it so Alliance never sees what happens with it. Only Forsaken get to see that. How does that make sense at all?

But even bigger than that: they just left the entire zone blank and devoid of life, minus a handful of dogs put back in for hunters to tame, and some critters. It is very strange, no matter your faction, to see this empty place just sitting there. They could have at least taken the time to populate it with animals, some Forsaken and Resistance patrols, and actually make it appear as though it was attacked.

Hell, some green goo and gas around the city would make more sense than what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I'm not sure that subraces should become playable. In any case, Broken would be another skin for Draenei...
    Broken look very different from eredar draenei. Different enough to be a separate race.

Enough races. The Alliance and Horde are basically nonsensical factions now. The Forsaken basically is off doing its own thing, Trolls/Tauren are combined against Orcs, Blood Elves doing whatever. The Humans are the lead for Alliance (as usual), with all the other factions being more or less just their lackeys to the point where beyond Night Elves, it feels like they could just make every damn race (including orcs) a human boot-licker with how little the other Alliance races matter.

"No we need both. Though the model update will come eventually quite possibly featuring more options to the older races. "

Agree with this, but if you go with priorities, then new material is a far greater priority. CMs have stated that new models will never be considered as new content and that is what will frustrate the player base if they prioritize new models over other things.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Broken look very different from eredar draenei. Different enough to be a separate race.
    But Broken are a sub-race to the Draenei.

~~~~~~~

I would rather see this go towards a sub-factional or minor race route:

Humans: High elves
    Dwarves: Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Night elves: Children of Cenarius (don't know about those legs though) or Furbolg
    Gnomes: Mechagnomes
    Draenei: Broken
    Worgen: Gilnean Humans

Orcs: Mag'har
    Undead: Undead elves, Undead Incorporeals
    Tauren: Taunka
    Trolls: Ice, Forest
    Blood elves: Wretched
    Goblins: Gilgoblin

No new race or class this expansion.

I'd be pretty content with ogres for the Horde, so long as blizz can take care of the size issue elegantly, and perhaps the multiple head issue too. They've got enough lore and such to get at least 5 classes out, and maybe up to 8 if we're being generous with monks, priests, and rogues. I can't comment on a 3rd mail class but if they do add both a new class and new races in this next xpac then it would be weird if the new races couldn't be that class.

Hm, this is a good time to head to bed so I can pass the time until Blizzcon blows my brains.

Dunno what Alliance would get. High elves would be too similar to blood elves, plus the high elves might not have enough of a population to get their own starting area. Murlocs are a no-go I'd expect. Arakkoa might not have enough lore to work with it unless Blizz can tie things together somehow.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2013-11-07 at 05:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Trolls were never part of the Alliance. High Elves are and always have been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness. The story is there. Lore matters to some of us you realize... Obviously not yourself...
    I'm pretty sure that dark trolls joined the nightelves to fight at the world tree.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_troll

That's plenty really. There was even that cool piece of dark troll concept art from Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I'm pretty sure that dark trolls joined the nightelves to fight at the world tree.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_troll

That's plenty really. There was even that cool piece of dark troll concept art from Cataclysm.
    Awesome concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Yeah, and now all of them or dead, or at least have such a small population that no one has seen them since Archimonde's defeat at Mount Hyjal.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20..._boybalasa.jpg

Would seriously love that beard for my Ogre. :P

Ogres for Horde.
    End of Story.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/f/20..._boybalasa.jpg

Would seriously love that beard for my Ogre. :P

Ogres for Horde.
    End of Story.
    Another nice sketch.

I have a suspicion that if Orgres are implemented, they would be modeled like fatter orcs like the one in the sketch.

PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...