Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    The Horde isn't evil, nor are the forsaken, the forsaken are mostly in the gray area (where you question whenever they are good or bad)

And saying evil Arakkoa is saying that only bad guys join the horde, and saying good Ogres, is like saying only good guys join the ogres, btw when have the ogres were evil? they have being in the team of the bad guys, but that doesn't mean that they are evil
    The whole idea was spinning it around since everyone always views Ogres as evil and Arakkoa as some sort of good guys. Even if that's not always the case. And spinning it once again by giving them to the unexpected factions.

Don't get all sports team-spirit on me here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Don't get your panties in a bunch. We all know neither the horde nor the alliance are singularly good/evil. But we all know which side leans which way. Saying otherwise is just being willfully disenginuine.
    I'd say neither one "leans" any which way. As institutions they are pretty neutral, while the factions within them run the spectrum. The Forsaken are arguably evil, although there is a sense of self-preservation that kind of validates their ruthlessness, the Belfs are solidly within the "used to be evil leaning towards redemption" category along with the Orcs, and most people would agree that the Tauren are prolly one of the most peaceful and good races in the game. Likewise for the alliance. Plain "good & evil" is boring, the spectrum is where the good stories are.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I'd say neither one "leans" any which way. As institutions they are pretty neutral, while the factions within them run the spectrum. The Forsaken are arguably evil, although there is a sense of self-preservation that kind of validates their ruthlessness, the Belfs are solidly within the "used to be evil leaning towards redemption" category along with the Orcs, and most people would agree that the Tauren are prolly one of the most peaceful and good races in the game. Likewise for the alliance. Plain "good & evil" is boring, the spectrum is where the good stories are.
    That's why is easier to find better storylines in the horde, the cool storylines in the alliance were mostly in the Warcraft games (the 3 RTS), you can find one or 2 cool plot lines in wow for the alliance but not as many as the horde (or as relevant)

So what you're saying is...the Alliance and Horde are going to see this and reform, with the generally 'good' natured races forming a New Alliance and the 'evil' natured races forming a New Horde. Mix and match? And then like, Goblins and Worgens drop off and become neutral races? Sounds good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    So what you're saying is...the Alliance and Horde are going to see this and reform, with the generally 'good' natured races forming a New Alliance and the 'evil' natured races forming a New Horde. Mix and match? And then like, Goblins and Worgens drop off and become neutral races? Sounds good!
    What? How did any of that come about? You're reading way more into what I said than I intended. I just pointed out that both factions are more complex than a simple "good/evil" dichotomy, and that that stories without that dichotomy are generally more entertaining. All this rearranging the factions business is your own bag of fraggles.
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account

You pretty much just validated my point that the horde are the side that has it's roots in the nefarious, roots that go deep enough to continue to taint them to this day. The undead were raised from death to kill discriminantly, they emancipated themselves and you know what they did to celebrate? They continued to kill, and kill enough, that their comrades had to step in and say "Hey, cool it with the shit, eh?" The orcs, were bamboozled (either through their intrinsic bloothirst or their woefully inadequate willpower) twice into genocide, culminating in the destruction of their home world. Bloodelves through their lack of self-discipline decided to enslave benevolent demi-god and drain it of it's essence for they're own gain.

As I said before, neither the horde nor the alliance in their current states are evil/good, but we all know on what side of neutral they fall. I would say, a good deal of the horde playerbase choose that faction simply based on the distinction.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

What? How did any of that come about? You're reading way more into what I said than I intended. I just pointed out that both factions are more complex than a simple "good/evil" dichotomy, and that that stories without that dichotomy are generally more entertaining. All this rearranging the factions business is your own bag of fraggles.
    I was joking. >_>..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I was joking. >_>..
    Ah. The internet really needs a sarcasm font. I nominate comic sans.

If the expansion is returning to Draenor, I'm assuming there will be new zones and areas of content. What if the horde discover a new settlement of Half Orc-Half Ogres like the Mok'Nathal clan. And then people like Rexxar get a new model update and bam! we have a new race for the Horde. You figure some evil source is attacking them and since they have blood ties to orcs the Horde helps them out and in turn they join the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    no new race instead we get new class called Blademaster
    Pretty much and Arms warrior. The warrior class itself has so many of the 'Blademaster' skills such as banners and bladestorm its the same reason why demon hunter is abit screwed because warlocks have most of the skills they are meant to use.

My suggestion for a new Class at least would be Tinker, its unique and it fits in perfectly, all races can play it.

As for its mechanic, New pet based class or "Temporary" pet, at the moment we have four classes which can use a pet.

As for races, I would think they invent something entirely new and nothing based on what we already know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urti View Post
    ah. The internet really needs a sarcasm font. I nominate comic sans.

comic sans!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Arakkoa are huge long shot, not likely at all, since they are essentially a shout out to the Skeksis of The Dark Crystal

- - - Updated - - -

not that i wouldn't totally like the Arakkoa, i think they'd be cool, i love the idea of the Awakened and Redeemed Arakkoa in Shattrath
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-07 at 03:30 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    not that i wouldn't totally like the Arakkoa, i think they'd be cool, i love the idea of the Awakened and Redeemed Arakkoa in Shattrath
    I've had a Time-Lost Figurine since TBC; been an Arakkoa ever since. Hipster to the max. Y'all are just late to the party...

10+ Year Old Account

I think the Arakkoa are huge long shot, not likely at all, since they are essentially a shout out to the Skeksis of The Dark Crystal
    Most of the race came out of somewhere...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the race came out of somewhere...
    yes of course, but some ideas have travelled farther and through more works in the fantasy genre becoming general concepts rather than specific concepts

Orcs and zombies and elves are very very old ideas. Skeksis date from the 1980's. that's all i am saying.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes of course, but some ideas have travelled farther and through more works in the fantasy genre becoming general concepts rather than specific concepts

Orcs and zombies and elves are very very old ideas. Skeksis date from the 1980's. that's all i am saying.
    Skeksis just makes me think of Skettis.

At first I thought it was just coincidence, now it is clear they are actually based on that.

10+ Year Old Account

You're right, but look at the Naga, they came from the Drows of Dungeons & Dragons, almost the same basic storyline, at least the Arakkoa don't share the same storylines with the Skeksis (they share it more with the Chozo from Metroid)...

In general, i don't think that may be a reason to not include them as a playable race

Pandaren were a small relatively unimportant race.... Where are they now?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, but look at the Naga, they came from the Drows of Dungeons & Dragons, almost the same basic storyline, at least the Arakkoa don't share the same storylines with the Skeksis (they share it more with the Chozo from Metroid)...

In general, i don't think that may be a reason to not include them as a playable race

well technically Naga (not just WoW Naga, but all fantasy Naga) get their name and concept from ancient Hindu/Buddhist mythology, Naga are aquatic snake-gods (and they are generally benevolent and became syncretized with aquatic dragon deities in chinese culture when Buddhism spread to china)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Pandaren were a small relatively unimportant race.... Where are they now?
    totally fair point!
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-11-07 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well technically Naga (not just WoW Naga, but all fantasy Naga) get their name and concept from ancient Hindu/Buddhist mythology, Naga are aquatic snake-gods (and they are generally benevolent and became syncretized with aquatic dragon deities in chinese culture when Buddhism spread to china)
    I know that, i was trying to point out that they have almost the same background as the Drows from D&D