Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ...
12
52
60
61
62
63
64
... LastLast
  1. #1221
    High Overlord Coldtooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Frozen Wastes
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
    Lorewise, there weren't that many vrykul, and most were killed during WOTLK, some were killed the events in silverpine forest, one sacrificed herself to resurrect Sylvanas in Silverpine, and 1 or 2 were slain by the Alliance in the Battle of Andorhal.

    Vrykul are like the High Elves, there isn't that many to make it a viable playable race by the Developers and lorecrafters at Blizzard.
    Those were the "Valkyr", which were Battle-Maiden Vrykuls raised to Undeath by the Lich King, as far the the Vrykul race though they were ALL over Northrend. It'd be easy for blizzard to tie them to the Horde IMO.

  2. #1222
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldtooth View Post
    Those were the "Valkyr", which were Battle-Maiden Vrykuls raised to Undeath by the Lich King, as far the the Vrykul race though they were ALL over Northrend. It'd be easy for blizzard to tie them to the Horde IMO.
    There's still many who are still in that slumber too. I really did hate that we killed every group we came across and i play horde only :/

  3. #1223
    Stood in the Fire Fixup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Great Malvern, Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    363
    Ogre Arakkoa or Ethereals? I'd be surprised to see any of them (as in it seems a bit silly to have any of those suggestions). No idea what would be introduced tbh. something new we haven't seen maybe?
    Last edited by Fixup; 2013-11-08 at 01:44 AM.

  4. #1224
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    Ogre Arakkoa or Ethereals? I'd be surprised to see any of them (as in it seems a bit silly to have any of those suggestions). No idea what would be introduced tbh. something new we haven't seen maybe?
    pandas............................ your argument is invaild

  5. #1225
    Mechagnome Tommys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    666
    Which ever the horde gets, they better be able to be paladins. I've been pooped on every expansion for a while, minus BC of course.

  6. #1226
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Which ever the horde gets, they better be able to be paladins. I've been pooped on every expansion for a while, minus BC of course.
    Ethereals. Lawful neutral ones. Now that's business.

  7. #1227
    I am going to go from left field and say High Elves for Alliance and Humans (Defias/pirates/rebels) for Horde. They already have the models, so it would really cut down on time. They have half the storyline built in. They could say, see 2 new races, people should be happy as they have asked about them forever. Best part, it would save a ton of money for building the next expansion.

    Will it happen, probably not. But it would be funny.

    Slip

  8. #1228
    I've been thinking of plausible races for the next expansion pack for the last week or so and I can only think of two.

    Alliance:
    Naga/Highborne

    The inherent problem with the Naga however is their lack of legs and extra female arms. However, what about a storyline that reverses the Worgen one? You are part of a faction of Naga that no longer follow Azshara after they learn what she has in store for the world. You and your group start as a Naga and, with the help of the Night Elves, try to break N'zoth's transformation spell/curse to become an Elf again ... but it only half-works. So, in appearance you'd be Elf-shaped but with webbed/scaled features (like a Gilgoblin) and paler (or darker?) skin. Their racial ability could be to temporarily embrace their Naga form and gaining a bonus to a stat or two.

    Classes: Mage, Warlock (some are inspired by Azshara's summoning of demons), Shaman (some are servants of Neptulon and by extension the other elemental lords), Warrior, Hunter, Priest
    Mount: Snapdragon
    City: Darnassus, taking up residence where the Worgen used to be. [Worgen have reclaimed Gilneas City.]
    Faction Leader: Someone new.

    However this really doesn't work for a Burning Legion expansion pack or one set on Draenor or other planets. I'm still hoping that The Dark Below is the expansion with a Naga theme ...

    Horde:
    Ogres

    Stonemaul Ogres. Already a part of the Horde but finally playable. Starting zone ... a phased Dustwallow Marsh?

    Classes: Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Hunter?, Priest (think of the ones in Shadow Form in Zangarmarsh), Death Knight? (Since the Lich King has always been able to raise them ... but he just hasn't.)
    Mount: Thunderlizards? My friend said that might be too similar to the Mushan mount ... he suggested boars. Ogres riding big battle boars sounds pretty cool :P
    City: Orgrimmar - Redecorate the Goblin Slums and move them out to Bilgewater Harbour ... it's big enough to be a City anyway.
    Faction Leader: Rexxar

    Could work because there are Ogres on Outland/Draenor too, and they fit into a very primal, warlordish culture.

  9. #1229
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    I am going to go from left field and say High Elves for Alliance and Humans (Defias/pirates/rebels) for Horde. They already have the models, so it would really cut down on time. They have half the storyline built in. They could say, see 2 new races, people should be happy as they have asked about them forever. Best part, it would save a ton of money for building the next expansion.

    Will it happen, probably not. But it would be funny.

    Slip
    How there isnt a group of humans who are hated by the alliance and not taking refuge with the Horde yet, is beyond me. But new factions/groups rise in wow and are put down instantly by some adventurer.

  10. #1230
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    How there isnt a group of humans who are hated by the alliance and not taking refuge with the Horde yet, is beyond me.
    Because those same groups either hate the Horde more than they do the Alliance or hate both factions equally, that's why.

  11. #1231
    Pit Lord Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nightmare View Post
    Horde:
    Ogres

    Stonemaul Ogres. Already a part of the Horde but finally playable. Starting zone ... a phased Dustwallow Marsh?

    Classes: Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Hunter?, Priest (think of the ones in Shadow Form in Zangarmarsh), Death Knight? (Since the Lich King has always been able to raise them ... but he just hasn't.)
    Mount: Thunderlizards? My friend said that might be too similar to the Mushan mount ... he suggested boars. Ogres riding big battle boars sounds pretty cool :P
    City: Orgrimmar - Redecorate the Goblin Slums and move them out to Bilgewater Harbour ... it's big enough to be a City anyway.
    Faction Leader: Rexxar
    Could work because there are Ogres on Outland/Draenor too, and they fit into a very primal, warlordish culture.
    How about Feralas for Horde and Alliance can claim their own territory there at Dustwallow, and even Brackenwall can be moved to Feralas.

    Would love Clefthooves as mounts for the Ogres, and they can be more classes like Warrior, Monk, Mage, Hunter (Wouldn't mind seeing a Gorilla join the Ogre to as their companion pet for the leveling up), Shaman, Priest, Rogue and maybe Warlock and Death Knight.

    Rexxar would be the leader of them, and even Dire Maul would make a awesome city, and another dungeon for players can be that large mountain to the south.
    Would be nice to if the Alliance Forces was moved to Ashvenvale or even the night elves own home and make sure to claim Gilneas back for the Worgen, and I would like to see Danath Trollbane again and make him take Stromgarde as a main base for Alliance.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  12. #1232
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    So, let's assume Warlords of Draenor is the new expansion, let's assume blizzard does add two new playable races. What would they be? Ethreal? Arrakoa?

    Sexy Robots?
    Rumor was Ethreal for Allys, and something else for Horde.
    Would make sense since the Alliance is yet to have a heavily wealth invested race. I'd personally love Arrakoa for Horde, but don't really think we'll get it

  13. #1233
    Glad to see i'm not the only High elf supporter. ^_^

  14. #1234
    Probably Attroka for the Alliance. I mean the Etherials are a possibility but there's not much to work with here. They have no archtecture, just a few lamps and tents, they have little background and they are regarded as mercs that are part of an existing faction from another dimension. And FFS they are light-bulbs with bandages.

    The bird-men on the other hand have a better shaped culture, complete with an architectural theme and they are not "evil" well some of them aren't. They don't seem to be serving a greater purpose, I'm talking about the refugees outside of fighting the Terrok-worshippers, I'm not certain of this.

  15. #1235
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    I swear to God, if Horde gets Naga or Ogre. and Alliance gets Arakkoa or Ethereal I will be SO PISSED. I want Arakkoa Druid!!!!!
    I know, Arakkoa are so awesome, right?

    Might actually ditch my troll shammy for an Arakkoa one.

  16. #1236
    Bloodsail Admiral Narna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Backyard. Digging for oil.
    Posts
    1,122
    Give us Ogres already!!!

    They helped Thrall in WC3, there's no reason why they shouldn't be playable. -cry-
    Troll's Life Mon.
    Nra|Hyah|Kyrei

  17. #1237
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Big, but IMO i don't think they will come up with 2 new races, why? cause there are many other races that have been asked a lot for, that have the perfect oportunity now (AKA: Ogres, Ethereals, Arakkoa, Demon based race, etc...)
    That makes sense but I can't help feeling at times that stuff like, say, Jinyu or wolvar etc. not being playable is like a waste of content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I want gnolls for the Horde!

    "Yipe! Yipe!"
    Yes, Yes, why not!.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Pandaren say hello.

    Arakkoa are awesome.
    +1 again. 10chars.

  18. #1238
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    Blizzard already said they dont want to do another neutral race so I really doubt naga will be neutral if playable at all (it would be tedious figuring out how pants and boots are gonna look on the lower half of all nagas).
    Oh my goooood! When will people stop MISQUOTING THIS SHIT? GHOSTCRAWLER said he didn't like the fact that they did a neutral race, but the other devs actually liked it since it allowed them to focus all their efforts on one race and one zone and polish it out the wazoo. PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. THANK YOU.

    Avatar by Ely
    My deviantART

  19. #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...onecrusher.jpg

    I want this skin colour, and anyone going to name their Ogre Shrek?

    Just wondering, and still what colours to do you want to see, and their race racials?
    Well the existing skin colors:
    Beige, Light grey, dark grey, light blue, orange, red, purplish-grey, yellow [Please no green - already got too many of those)

    Facial markings : Red, black, blue, grey, brown [Edit: their attire reminds me of sumo wrestlers and the markings and physique got some E.Honda theme going one there..]

    I also hope that they gve each variant a different eye color/style (something like what they did with male worgen faces

    Racials: Ogre's Strength (+2% Strength) (ok maybe this is OP)

    Clobber: 3 min cd, singe target 10 yard knockback and 1s stun.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Which ever the horde gets, they better be able to be paladins. I've been pooped on every expansion for a while, minus BC of course.
    Yes this is something the devs should consider. Either a new race or unlock undead paladins.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2013-11-08 at 05:12 AM.

  20. #1240
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How would High Elves make sense in this context?

    Anyway, Ogres for the Horde makes most sense. And for Alliance, I'd rather see either Arakkoa or Ethereals.
    going back 20 years, High Elfs were strong force in the alliance.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •