Page 63 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagang View Post
    I'm sad that everyone seems to be saying ogres. I really want naga fr horde
    The problem is that Nagas don't look like a race that would be added in a Draenor/outland centric expansion, so they will most likely come with the South Seas expansion (or something with Azshara as main antagonist)

I know this wont happen , but wouldnt it be cool to have an 2 headed ogre... maybe for a special event or guild quest or something , where each head is a different playable class and you and your friend get to play togather with it ? Like comunicating who is going to cast now since you have 1 body and 2 heads , cant cast 2 spells at once , stuff like that...
    On a note for Ethereals... i dont think they can be a playable race since...well...they are ethereals , bit hard to put a shield and a steel plate on it maybe ?
    For class i do hope for some sort of a warlord , that would be cooler than a demon hunter , atleast for me.

How could Naga even be a playable race? What would Blizzard do about the boots and pants slot for armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    How could Naga even be a playable race? What would Blizzard do about the boots and pants slot for armor?
    Exactly, even though its pissible to view in the modelviewer. Nagas dont seem to fit the whole humanoid type race template

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    going back 20 years, High Elfs were strong force in the alliance.
    But a lot of players don't want to get a rehashed model with different color eyes. And don't say 'they can model them different'. They are the same race. And personally, I know the reason people want them on Alliance is because they don't want to play Horde. I could only justify it if they added it as a human-sub race and it didn't interfere with adding other NEW options to players.

Personally, my vote is for Arakkoa as the NEW race.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Reading this thread reminds me of how many people actually know lore.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    But a lot of players don't want to get a rehashed model with different color eyes. And don't say 'they can model them different'. They are the same race. And personally, I know the reason people want them on Alliance is because they don't want to play Horde. I could only justify it if they added it as a human-sub race and it didn't interfere with adding other NEW options to players.

Personally, my vote is for Arakkoa as the NEW race.
    A LOT of people don't want another furry/feathery/scaly race either. Pretty sure you are outnumbered.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

As much as I want neutral Ethereals to be the new race, we really need something new. Maybe like the Tengu in Guild Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    A LOT of people don't want another furry/feathery/scaly race either. Pretty sure you are outnumbered.
    Pretty sure the High Elf wanting population is outnumbered too and they're a vocal minority just like we are.

PM if you add me!

Mechagnome
    There is no new race. There will not be one. Quote me on this, then make a thread about me being wrong. But seriously, all your assumptions and hopes are wrong.

"Naga", no, please explain a boot and leg slot.
    Anything else, invalid.

Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Broken

Blizz could justify each faction got a race from the opposing faction, and the broken models already exist. Draenei were on Draenor.

Naga just put their tail through one leg hole of a pair of trousers and wear one boot at the end of their tail

DUH!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

If I had my druthers, I'd want either Saurok, Drakonids, or Naga on the Alliance. I'd really love to play a more sinister rooted, scaly race and be with the "righteous" faction I've been playing on for the past 7+ years. I like that juxtaposition.

I think ogres would be a slam duck as far as how easily they'd fit into the horde, but just because it's easy doesn't make it the right thing. I'm not sure what I'd choose.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

This game needs new races like this website needs more speculation threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoghostwulf View Post
    Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Broken

Blizz could justify each faction got a race from the opposing faction, and the broken models already exist. Draenei were on Draenor.

i can't imgaine the broken would want to be allied with the orcs who were the people who broke them to begin with
    i imagine a Faction of Manari Eredar defectors leaving the legion and seeking refuge with the Horde since Orcs are also essentially defectors from the Legion and would be sympathetic.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    "Naga", no, please explain a boot and leg slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Exactly, even though its pissible to view in the modelviewer. Nagas dont seem to fit the whole humanoid type race template
    So I would actually like to turn this question around. Why does a player race have to have legs in order to be playable?

Now it's not that difficult really. As you mention they are already designed to wear armor, even pants. It is just coiled around them instead. So the issue with the pants are solved already.
    The feet is also quite easy to fix. Why do they need anything? They could wear nothing or just have a tail ring as their foot model. Tauren, Troll, Draenai doesn't wear boots either so I can't see the issue really. :s

The only issue I see with Naga is the riding. How do they mount anything. Though that can also be fix'd incredibly easy. They can just ride sideways, which is a totally and possibly way of riding.

I would also like to note this just for the fun of it: Metzen has stated that he would like naga to be playable one day along with goblins (who have since become playable in Cataclysm), and ogres. Due to their general role as villains, it is likely the playable naga would be like the Draenei are to the demonic Eredar. Greg Street has commented that incorporating naga as a playable race "would present some unique challenges, such as lack of pants."

I could also see them be somewhat like the Worgen in that they have the Naga form but can transform into a Highborne/High Elven form while out of combat.
    The only real issue is that they wouldn't fit in a Draenor expansion, unless it has something to do with Azshara. And before anyone mentions that every naga is following Azshara then that is incorrect. We know that there are Naga that follows Neptulon, though it's possibly a very small minority.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-08 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    This game needs new races like this website needs more speculation threads.
    You've never played EQ/EQII have you?
    It had more races than WoW, and they didn't interfere with gameplay at all. I don't know what the issue is.

PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    I could also see them be somewhat like the Worgen in that they have the Naga form but can transform into a Highborne/High Elven form while out of combat.
    That in all likeliness isn't gonna happen. Why? Because unlike the Worgen, Naga aren't cursed.

Let me explain: playable Worgenb currently come from the time when the curse happened, which was about 2 years ago in terms of lore.That means that all playable Worgen currently are cursed, and are first generation Worgen. There hasn't been enough time for them to start [popping out children removed from the curse.

The Highhborne were transformed 10,000 years ago. While some Naga still alive have survived since the Sundering, they have had 10,000 years to populate their race far removed from the Mortal race's wars on the land. Now, what does this mean? They're not giving birth to Highborne cursed to be Naga. At this point, any future generation of Naga are pure Naga, and entirely removed from their Highborne progenitors original forms. Due to their prodigious breeding(enough to push Murlocs out of their environments), it's safe to say that from here on, Naga are as related to Highborne as the Highborn were related to the Dark Trolls.

Give Ogres,Gnolls,Fel Orcs,Eredar

Field Marshal
    Just hoping it won't the same as with Pandaren. I like them , but would rather have 2 different Races , 1 for each faction.