1. #1261
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    69
    Just hoping it won't the same as with Pandaren. I like them , but would rather have 2 different Races , 1 for each faction.

  2. #1262
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarten1988 View Post
    Just hoping it won't the same as with Pandaren. I like them , but would rather have 2 different Races , 1 for each faction.
    Why not 3?

    Ogres for Horde, Arrakoa for Alliance, and Ethereals for Neutral?

  3. #1263
    Alliance: Highborne
    Horde: Ogres
    Neutral: Ethereals

  4. #1264
    Bloodsail Admiral Neliah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,060
    Honestly, I hope we won't get any of them. No new race or a new class. We got the Pandaren and Monk not long ago and that's waaay enough. Annoying that people want new classes/races on every damn expansion.

  5. #1265
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    That in all likeliness isn't gonna happen. Why? Because unlike the Worgen, Naga aren't cursed.

    Let me explain: playable Worgenb currently come from the time when the curse happened, which was about 2 years ago in terms of lore.That means that all playable Worgen currently are cursed, and are first generation Worgen. There hasn't been enough time for them to start [popping out children removed from the curse.

    The Highhborne were transformed 10,000 years ago. While some Naga still alive have survived since the Sundering, they have had 10,000 years to populate their race far removed from the Mortal race's wars on the land. Now, what does this mean? They're not giving birth to Highborne cursed to be Naga. At this point, any future generation of Naga are pure Naga, and entirely removed from their Highborne progenitors original forms. Due to their prodigious breeding(enough to push Murlocs out of their environments), it's safe to say that from here on, Naga are as related to Highborne as the Highborn were related to the Dark Trolls.
    I'm not entirely sure I follow your train of thought. What does being cursed recently or being born into a curse have to do with the price of tea in china? Nothing, that's what.

    The bottom line is this. If Blizzard thinks they're a cool race (which they clearly have said as much) and would want to add them to the player line up nothing is going to stop them, not having to 'wrap" the leg armor graphic around their tail, not having a tail tip that shares a similar color scheme/styling as whatever is in the boots slot, not riding side saddle (or whatever they'd decide), and certainly not the lore which isn't set in stone and is in essence a living, breathing entity that can be molded and shaped to suit.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  6. #1266
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Why not 3?

    Ogres for Horde, Arrakoa for Alliance, and Ethereals for Neutral?
    Have thought of that myself, would really mean Blizzard had stepped up their game. However, I won't hold my breath, I'll be happy if we even get new races at all.

  7. #1267
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I follow your train of thought. What does being cursed recently or being born into a curse have to do with the price of tea in china? Nothing, that's what.
    You're right, it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Then again, I'm not the idiot who even made that comparison, you are. Because you're the only one who even mentions the price of tea in China when no one else did. All it proves, however, is that you lack the fundamental ability to read what was written in context to what it was a response to. So yea, actually try to read what I said, and read it in context to what was quoted, and only what was quoted, before you come in blathering on with stupid comparisons that don't make any sense at all even in your own head.

  8. #1268
    Can we not have Arrakawoaw- Birdmen and magic mummies, please?

  9. #1269
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Plugged into the network
    Posts
    208
    Do the ToR thing, chose a faction with all races >.>

    But, I want High Elf for ally, as for Horde, it doesn't phase me, I'll probably make a character of it.

  10. #1270
    What do u guys think of the possibility to see Centaurs as a new race? Too complicated with 4 legs? They have lore and some things to strengthen the possibility? They would belong to the Horde obviously since they speak orcish and goblin? They do have legacy from Cenarius and Night elfs however.

    Centaur @ wowwiki
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2013-11-08 at 03:48 PM.
    Frostwhisper EU - Hulkovius Elemental Shaman 14/14 HC. Armory

    Sylvanas EU - Hulkoviusx Sub/Combat Rogue 11/14 HC Armory

  11. #1271
    Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Honestly, I hope we won't get any of them. No new race or a new class. We got the Pandaren and Monk not long ago and that's waaay enough. Annoying that people want new classes/races on every damn expansion.
    and i find it annoying that when people feel comfi where they are right now they come up with selfish statments
    like "we dont need any new races or classes" why? you like your kung fu panda too much? you dont want any new
    class or races to avoid the jump-ship from your Favorite class/race?

    its been more than a year and it will be probably another 4-6 months untill new xpac is out and if it wont have any
    new races or class it will be another 1.5 years untill a new race/class will be introduced.
    thats 3 years with nothing new like other then land masses and some quests.

    new races and classes is what differentiate between xpacs , its the selling point of the new xpac,
    a new xpac with no races/classes is boring cause by the time you level to max level you done almost everything
    that was "interesting and new" in that xpac so far.

  12. #1272
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    You're right, it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Then again, I'm not the idiot who even made that comparison, you are. Because you're the only one who even mentions the price of tea in China when no one else did. All it proves, however, is that you lack the fundamental ability to read what was written in context to what it was a response to. So yea, actually try to read what I said, and read it in context to what was quoted, and only what was quoted, before you come in blathering on with stupid comparisons that don't make any sense at all even in your own head.
    I presume you don't know what a colloquialism is.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  13. #1273
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I presume you don't know what a colloquialism is.
    And yet, the point still stands that you did not actually read what I wrote in response to what I quoted.

    And yes, I do know what a colloquialism is. Doesn't change the fact that it was an idiotic usage as your response showed that you did not actually read what I wrote or understood the context of which it was written in.

  14. #1274
    This game needs a third faction. Id say a completely neutral faction to try and heal both sides of the war.

    Neutral faction: Night elves, blood elves, tauren and draenai

  15. #1275
    Warchief Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by kryimsson View Post
    This game needs a third faction. Id say a completely neutral faction to try and heal both sides of the war.

    Neutral faction: Night elves, blood elves, tauren and draenai
    The reasons for why their will never be a third faction are legion, and painfully obvious to anyone who spends more than a moment honestly thinking about it.
    Firstly how do you cram a new third faction into a game that has been built for two over 10 years? Do you really think Blizz is gonna A) redo 10 years worth of content to accomodate a fanwank third faction or B) add a third faction but not touch any previous content, and effectively gate off 10 years worth of content for anyone trying the "new golly-gee whiz-bang" third faction?

    A third faction is beyond dumb, it would be toxic to the game at this point.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  16. #1276
    Why are so many people clamoring for high elves? You have night elves and blood elves, how much different could high elves possibly be?

  17. #1277
    I disagree, I think a third faction would revitalize interest atleast from a story standpoint. its not exactly cramming a third faction considering the blood elves are starting to really get disenchanted with the horde.

    You'd be taking the 4 races most apt to talk peace to each warring side. Those from the neutral faction would be able to grace each city as "ambassadors"

  18. #1278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo113 View Post
    Why are so many people clamoring for high elves? You have night elves and blood elves, how much different could high elves possibly be?
    Personally? I'm not so much clamoring for them as resigned to their inevitable inclusion.

  19. #1279
    The Lightbringer Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo113 View Post
    Why are so many people clamoring for high elves? You have night elves and blood elves, how much different could high elves possibly be?
    Because of the lore, man.... THE LORE!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  20. #1280
    Warchief Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,215
    Quote Originally Posted by kryimsson View Post
    I disagree, I think a third faction would revitalize interest atleast from a story standpoint. its not exactly cramming a third faction considering the blood elves are starting to really get disenchanted with the horde.

    You'd be taking the 4 races most apt to talk peace to each warring side. Those from the neutral faction would be able to grace each city as "ambassadors"
    So what you're describing isn't a 3rd faction, but that faction limits be removed from 4 of the races.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •