Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres playable on Horde. They're native to Draenor, an original Warcraft race, have always been primarily Horde and Blizz originally wanted to add them in Vanilla and then Cata but didn't so they're long over due, so it seems like a no-brainer.

High Elves playable on Alliance lead by Alleria most likely, since they've hinted a lot and flat out said that Alleria is going to play a part in the next expansion and Alleria is lost somewhere in Draenor so I predict High Elves for Alliance. Not as likely as Ogres on Horde, but I believe that Blizzard could change them enough to be different from Blood Elves with their lore/personality/style/models/animations and if you think about it, Ogres aren't that much different from Orcs.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-11-02 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...to-d32furq.jpg
    http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...twork_4894.jpg
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wowp...onecrusher.jpg

Would love Ogres for Horde and more customization, like more nice beards, skin tonnes with them with nice tatooes, faces to change their appearance, and much more.
    It would be nice finally to see female Ogres for once now and I hope they are a little pretty, but something the Ogres can love and make them their own.
    For the Horde!

IF WoD is the next expac and it is all about time travel, then I would venture a guess that there won't be any new races, and instead the 3 NPC's on the timeless Isle that are the Time Wardens explaining their roles, is a setup for a new class instead of races.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Ogres for Horde and Gronn for Alliance:
    What am I even seeing?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Ogre for the Horde.
    High Elves for the Alliance.
    Yeh pretty much, Ogres went along orcs long ago.
    High Elves are / were close to the Elves of Darnasuss so.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    New races would steal the spotlight from the new Vanilla models or vice versa.

I don't see the point of adding new races when we're getting 8 new vanilla race models. Seems sort of pointless.

If Warlords of Draenor is the next expansion then Ogres are very VERY likely the new horde race. Its already been hinted from the new Murloc pet. As for Alliance, I can see Ethereals being a very popular choice over Arrakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    New races would steal the spotlight from the new Vanilla models or vice versa.

I don't see the point of adding new races when we're getting 8 new vanilla race models. Seems sort of pointless.
    I was also thinking this. I just didn't think that Blizzard would put in the effort or resources to add new races and new vanilla models especially after adding a new race AND class last expansion.
    Last edited by Kaniinchen; 2013-11-02 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    idgaf what people say, I want high elves.
    even though deep down I know its a verrrrrrrry slim chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    If Warlords of Draenor is the next expansion then Ogres are very VERY likely the new horde race. Its already been hinted from the new Murloc pet. As for Alliance, I can see Ethereals being a very popular choice over Arrakoa.
    You talking about Murkalot? How does he hint towards Ogres? The quote on the pet data in-game is a reference to the Camelot song in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the pet himself is linked to the crusader in D3.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ethereal: No thanks, I want my armor to show.
    Arakkoa: Why do people want this? Seriously awful race.
    Ogre: Yes.
    High Elf: Yes.
    Broken: Sure why not.
    Defected Legion race: Yes please!
    Naga: Okay. But I suspect they wont get boots or leggings that show.
    Half-ogre: Yes.
    Wretched: Yes.

At any rate the Horde race needs to be Sporelings.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    You talking about Murkalot? How does he hint towards Ogres? The quote on the pet data in-game is a reference to the Camelot song in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and the pet himself is linked to the crusader in D3.
    Look at the Murloc itself (skin, teeth, "horns", nails = high king maulgar).

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Ethereal: No thanks, I want my armor to show.
    Arakkoa: Why do people want this? Seriously awful race.
    Ogre: Yes.
    High Elf: Yes.
    Broken: Sure why not.
    Defected Legion race: Yes please!
    Naga: Okay. But I suspect they wont get boots or leggings that show.
    Half-ogre: Yes.
    Wretched: Yes.

At any rate the Horde race needs to be Sporelings.
    I could get behind Sporelings for the Horde!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaniinchen View Post
    Look at the Murloc itself (skin, teeth, "horns", nails = high king maulgar).
    Checking him out on 3d view on wowhead, I don't see any horns (if by horns you mean his dorsal apendages, I think all murlocs have those and they look about the same), and the skin (to me at least) looks like a fleshy color. Not saying it won't be Ogres, just saying I don't see the connection between Murkalot and Orges.
    Last edited by geewhiz80; 2013-11-02 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God no please not High Elves. What a lazy route to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikk View Post
    With everyone saying Naga's will be the next playable race.....

Answer me this...

What do you do with the boots and pants 'ey?
    A couple ideas:
    • do something similar to how boots are handled for the Draenai - boots turn into tail-rings, pants turn into torso skirts.
    • Ignore it they both work as normal, don't display pants or boots.
    • Hard to balance, but give female naga 2 extra bracer and ring slots, or 2 extra weapons, or something, give the males a titan's grip racial or something.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love new races, but I'm wondering if we will get them because of the old models getting re-worked. I know Ogre is the most popular choice for Horde at the moment, but I hope not But honestly nothing else makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    No, it's not. There's clearly going to be new playable races just like EVERY expansion.

They have separate artists working on the remodels.
    Can you please remind me which races we got in WotLK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Metzen has said that he would like ogre and naga to be playable some day.

Ogres have been a very obvious race to be added since forever. And have been part of the horde before. Some clans are even part of the horde again in-game, just not playable.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Well, Metzen has said that he would like ogre and naga to be playable some day.
    Source please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source please.
    Here you go, after 7:42 or so he starts mentioning it. By no means an obvious statement, but as he says. He'd love to get to it some day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kei61shkWhU

It is from 2008 though
    Heck at the time adding Draenei was a radical choice. But metzen digged them, so it happened.

The races must be either:
    -High Elves/Ethereals for Alliance
    -Brown Orcs/Ogres for Horde.

Or they could pull off Ethereals for both factions, but I doubt it as neutral Pandarens were always referred to as the one-time experiment because both factions wanted them.

I'm not sure why so many posts about Arakkoa. Since when did they become a thing? Can't recall them being demanded like ever. High Elves were always demanded, Ogres are wanted and almost confirmed, Ethereals were always a popular choice, so are outland orcs. But Arakkoas? I think they're boring as a race and annoying as enemies/npcs in TBC.