Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

demon hunter alrdy ingame, no high elves, same model as belfs, if new class i think is just one race, the broken, u get to choose ally or horde like pandas, although i would like eatherals, maybe broken for ally and eatherals for horde

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    Except that Sin'dorei were cardinally and irreversibly transformed by fel magic. In a short time actually. And except that High Elves were a popular demand from day 1. And except the confrontation of High and Bloodelves would indeed be an interesting story arc, given that there are lots of Blood Elves undecided whether their allegiance really lies with Horde and even Lor'Themar has second thoughts about that.

But its still the blood elves. They are not different save eye colour.

Except that Sin'dorei were cardinally and irreversibly transformed by fel magic. In a short time actually. And except that High Elves were a popular demand from day 1. And except the confrontation of High and Bloodelves would indeed be an interesting story arc, given that there are lots of Blood Elves undecided whether their allegiance really lies with Horde and even Lor'Themar has second thoughts about that.
    Again you only rehashed your argument. Blood elves aren't radically mutated by fel magic. The only difference is their eyes. If a High elf and a blood elf had a baby, it'd still be an elf. And if it joined the Alliance it'd be considered a High Elf. Also, a High elf can absorb any magic and their eyes would change to the color. Shadow magic + High elf = Purple eyes. Light magic + High elf = Gold eyes. If a Blood elf sat in the Sunwell, their eyes could turn gold eventually. In fact, that's happening right now to the blood elf race. It was just never reflected on in the game.

With the Sunwell restored, the close call the sin'dorei came to damnation appears to have been averted, the Sunwell itself now once again sustaining the blood elves' dependency on magic. As such, the blood elves ultimately did not mutate from their high elven appearance in the way their felblood offshoot suffered due to their addiction, and at this point it is simply a matter of time before the fel-power induced eyes revert back to their natural state.
    But Jaina pretty much sealed the deal on that story, by the way. It's resolved. Since Garrosh is dead, they don't care about going back to the faction that killed/imprisoned a bunch of their people. TWICE.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-11-02 at 08:56 AM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Draenei and Orc as the new playable races

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    But its still the blood elves. They are not different save eye colour.
    Read a couple of my posts above, I already covered it. Plus staying on the different sides of the conflict is an interesting topic to cover, I believe Blizzard hasn't really explored it with Pandaren. They are just available to both factions, nothing more.

Besides, I'm fairly sure that most people saying Arakkoa would be cool or Furbolgs are a good fit or some other examples - they aren't actually thinking that they want to play as those. More like "it'd be cool if they added them, but I'll still play only xyz races". But I've seen plenty of people who really want Ogres, Ethereals, Mok'Nathals and High Elves.

Read a couple of my posts above, I already covered it. Plus staying on the different sides of the conflict is an interesting topic to cover, I believe Blizzard hasn't really explored it with Pandaren. They are just available to both factions, nothing more.

Besides, I'm fairly sure that most people saying Arakkoa would be cool or Furbolgs are a good fit or some other examples - they aren't actually thinking that they want to play as those. More like "it'd be cool if they added them, but I'll still play only xyz races". But I've seen plenty of people who really want Ogres, Ethereals, Mok'Nathals and High Elves.
    Ogres need to be added. I wouldn't play one.
    I'd race change all my toons to Arakkoa.
    Didn't say the lore was boring, just said we already expand on it plenty and their lore converges with the humans' affairs. All your story points have already happened and lay resolved. The Windrunner sister hates Lor'themar for stupid reasons and is a bitch. The end. Also the blood elves have reached out and been very tolerant of the High elves, so far as allowing them into the Sunwell. Resolved, resolved, resolved.

I'm done trying to argue with more people about High elves. I used to think they were really cool, but my opinion of them is quite low now. Their story boils down to "BITCH BITCH BITCH. NAG NAG NAG.".
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-11-02 at 09:06 AM.

PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Again you only rehashed your argument. Blood elves aren't radically mutated by fel magic. <...> It was just never reflected on in the game.
    Then that's not set in stone, is it? Blizzard has every way imaginable open for them to explore.

But Jaina pretty much sealed the deal on that story, by the way. It's resolved. Since Garrosh is dead, they don't care about going back to the faction that killed/imprisoned a bunch of their people. TWICE.
    What is a faction to those who outlive the humans that made such a decision? With Anduin giving speeches about freedom, equality and forgiveness left and right, no less. I seriously doubt that Thrall hates Humans with a passion despite them enslaving orcs in the past. It doesn't work that way. And finally, there hasn't been an open confrontation between High and Blood Elves yet. It's all fun and games to be at war with each other, but will each and every Blood Elf go as far as to slay those of his kind, whom he could've known before? Those High Elves who went to Draenor with Alleria for example.

Deleted
    even if theres a story backing up ogres and maybe Arakkoa, they look like sh*t in my opinion, same as pandas.. nothing appealing about them.. way to childish if u ask me, why have a character that looks fat and dumb, because thats what ogres are, fat and dumb. i hope they wont add any new race, instead they could add a new class, if they add a new class isnt rly that necesary to add a new race, they always changed the lore to back up any change they made. i guess we just have to way.

Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    even if theres a story backing up ogres and maybe Arakkoa, they look like sh*t in my opinion, same as pandas.. nothing appealing about them.. way to childish if u ask me, why have a character that looks fat and dumb, because thats what ogres are, fat and dumb. i hope they wont add any new race, instead they could add a new class, if they add a new class isnt rly that necesary to add a new race, they always changed the lore to back up any change they made. i guess we just have to way.
    What is a good race in your opinion?

Deleted
    Ogres need to be added. I wouldn't play one.
    I'd race change all my toons to Arakkoa.
    Didn't say the lore was boring, just said we already expand on it plenty and their lore converges with the humans' affairs. All your story points have already happened and lay resolved. The Windrunner sister hates Lor'themar for stupid reasons and is a bitch. The end. Also the blood elves have reached out and been very tolerant of the High elves, so far as allowing them into the Sunwell. Resolved, resolved, resolved.

I'm done trying to argue with more people about High elves. I used to think they were really cool, but my opinion of them is quite low now. Their story boils down to "BITCH BITCH BITCH. NAG NAG NAG.".

You forgot "OH LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE! BEHOLD HOW SPESHUL A SNOWFLAEK I AM!"

then you get the chorus of "Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    You forgot "OH LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE! BEHOLD HOW SPESHUL A SNOWFLAEK I AM!"

then you get the chorus of "Me too!"
    Please settle down.
    There's really no need for such immature use of capitalized text or unnecessary and unwarranted hostility.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or, you know, they could just resolve the civil war with the Blood/High Elves and have them return to the Alliance. Then give the Horde the Ogres they should have always had in the first place.

Garrosh was a bigger racist to the Blood Elves than Garithos could have ever hoped to be. So there goes their primary reason for being in the Horde to begin with. In fact, the Alliance is probably better for them.

Blood Elves, cured of the Fel taint by the efforts of Velen, rally around Alleria's return and her unwavering zeal for the Alliance, and due to the cruelty at the hands of the Orcs, decide that it is time to defect.

They see that Varian is a wise leader who doesn't judge the other races and makes decisions that aren't based on impulse. A completely different kind of Human than the one that betrayed them (Garithos), and since their leader who was betrayed ended up, quite ironically, betraying them in the end (Kael'thas), the highly intelligent race makes a move that shakes the balance of power to its core.

This move puts the Horde at a serious disadvantage. And so, seeking strong new allies, Vol'jin makes contact with Rexxar who explains how one can sway the Ogres allegiance to him. Vol'jin must then participate in the trial of strength used to determine Ogre chieftains, in the process advancing his character and showing his true power and cunning.

Meanwhile, an ever destabilizing Jaina Proudmoore goes on a rampage of her own. Pulling her allegiance to the Alliance, she turns Dalaran into her private kingdom and initiates a war of revenge upon both the Horde and the Alliance. The Alliance for allowing Garrosh to live and not murdering the Horde en-masse, and the Horde for Theramore and the Divine Bell incident.

Later we learn that Jaina has been possessed by Sargeras, much like Medivh, which progresses the story even further.

Deleted
    hahahaha Alliance will get another shit out of ass race like Draenei which will take part in story once every 7 years while Ogres will perfectly fit to the Horde

poor Allies. it would be the best for them if Blizzard wouldn't add any new races(or add High Elves)

I really have no problem with them giving the Alliance High Elves and using the blood elf model.

Oh for the love of what is holy, PLEASE, no.. more.. freaking.. ELVES.. It's like some of these cheap games that got "high elves - dark elves - wood elves - half elves - blood elves - pink elves - purple elves - orange elves - whateverelseidontcare elves", which are essentioally the same model, just recolored and tweaked a little.

If you want to play a blood elf character that bad, just go horde and play. Eye color change is all the difference, and most of the time it will be covered with helmet >.<

You want to hear an interesting and really cool race idea? Bring DRAKES playable. Dragons are the most written out race through the entire WoW franchise, being able to play as one would definitely be fresh experience. For places where you just can't use a quadripedal model, like flightmaster taxi service, and also for the sake of lore, each drake character would be able to transofrm into humanoid(they all can in current game anyways), you'd pick your humanoid appearance at character creation screen, any race of your faction.

Sadly, i'd rather believe they would recycle blood elves than try something really unique like a quadripedal playable race.

So, we are getting orcs with horn.. And recycled blood elves.. Excited.. ..not
    Last edited by Ohforfsake; 2013-11-02 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    hahahaha Alliance will get another shit out of ass race like Draenei which will take part in story once every 7 years while Ogres will perfectly fit to the Horde

poor Allies. it would be the best for them if Blizzard wouldn't add any new races(or add High Elves)
    Fanboi much?

Are you one of those Horde dudebros that scream "FOR THE HORDE" and "LOK'TAR OGAR" in real life?

Wait, lemme guess, you're a real cool bro and deface cars with an Alliance sticker on them, right?

Dude, you're so cool bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope for some more human-shaped races. CBA with bloody birds tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Fanboi much?

Are you one of those Horde dudebros that scream "FOR THE HORDE" and "LOK'TAR OGAR" in real life?

Wait, lemme guess, you're a real cool bro and deface cars with an Alliance sticker on them, right?

nah, i dont even have enough motivation to subscribe wow every month but its funny how Horde gets races that fits perfectly to them and their lore while Allies got "brand new races" and Blizzard dont rly know how to deal with them.

but looks like u got rly bad experience with Horde players in real life bulling?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Fanboi much?

I laughed at that pretty hard. Maybe more than I should have.

PM if you add me!