Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ogres have had a model update already during the lifetime of the game. When BC came out they made them more warlike and aggressive, and less like silly tub-o-lards.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    They can't do new model updated plus a new race...
    Considering they were working on the new models at the exact same time they were developing the Pandaren, this reason is already conclusively false.

I think this is going to be the first expansion without a new race or class.

Old races getting new models aren't a selling point. Those models are for the current players playing the game. A new race or class will entice new players to the game by offering something different from what's already available.

Pygmy Orges if people consider them to large.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdLady68 View Post
    Pygmy Orges if people consider them to large.
    Ogres vary a lot by size, some being enormous, some being much smaller. It's common for some Ogres to be smaller than a Tauren even. There's no size issues.

I must say that you've made me interested in seeing a small squashed together Ogre gnome however.

Playable Orge, with a decent size. I wonder how the female looks.

Oh wait, here is the artwork for female.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do the races have to be from Draenor? They couldn't be from Azeroth and go to Draenor?

They could throw any number of curve balls at us. Hell, Warlords of Draenor itself might not even be the expansion.

Like neutral Ogres. Or bronze dragonflight Drakonid where there is one new class that ties to one new race only.

They could have Blood Elves defect to Alliance, or add High Elves. But they could just skip it entirely too.

Eredar that have defected. Or another Legion race that has done so.

How about just inventing a new race? They did it before.

What if the "new" races are factions of other races? Perhaps some have a new "choose your faction" option at race selection?

I guess this idea of just looking at Outland as it exists in the game now, making a list of races you encounter there, and trying to pin one on each side just seems a little too obvious to me. And Blizzard doesn't like obvious (usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Playable Orge, with a decent size. I wonder how the female looks.

Oh wait, here is the artwork for female.
    Uh that's not an ogre, that's a hobgoblin...

http://wowpedia.org/Hobgoblin

Coincidentally, also has both the pics you found lol.

Why does everyone want ogre? Seriously? Most gear would look horrible on them since they are so big. Second, by lore, most of them are idiots. There is no way that we would all the suddenly see the rise of ogres with intelligence that would also want to ally themselves with a faction. I point to a quest in tanaris where you get a group of ogres to agree to give you their land (or join the goblin cant recall which). How do you do it? You feed them. They then aimless sign anything you place in front of them. If feeding them doesn't work, you beat them up.

In short, ogres are easily manipulated and are too stupid most of the time to really be smart enough to be heros. I would prefer the ethreal for the horde race, but I don't see how gear would look good on them. Maybe they will get two races out of no where to join. If this is a expansion where we visit another world, then hopefully with that new world, comes the new races we will be using.

Ogre for Horde.
    Arakkoa for Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why does everyone want ogre? Seriously? Most gear would look horrible on them since they are so big. Second, by lore, most of them are idiots. There is no way that we would all the suddenly see the rise of ogres with intelligence that would also want to ally themselves with a faction. I point to a quest in tanaris where you get a group of ogres to agree to give you their land (or join the goblin cant recall which). How do you do it? You feed them. They then aimless sign anything you place in front of them. If feeding them doesn't work, you beat them up.

In short, ogres are easily manipulated and are too stupid most of the time to really be smart enough to be heros. I would prefer the ethreal for the horde race, but I don't see how gear would look good on them. Maybe they will get two races out of no where to join. If this is a expansion where we visit another world, then hopefully with that new world, comes the new races we will be using.
    Not all Ogres are stupid and big, there's a tribe of Ogres that is the size of Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Ogre for Horde.
    Arakkoa for Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Ogres are stupid and big, there's a tribe of Ogres that is the size of Tauren.
    Didn't say all, but definitely most are stupid.

Ogres can be shorter, the same size, or taller than Tauren. Blizzard would probably make them either the same size or shorter than Tauren, but I don't know.

Anyways, I'd like playable High elves and Ogres, though I know some disagree.

For people complaining that most Ogres are dumb, it's not that they're all stupid, they just have an angry, naive, and childlike quality to them. And it makes sense when considering their established society and lore.

Many assume the ogres are insensate brutes, liking nothing more than destruction. Ogres have changed since the days of the Horde, however, possibly also due to their freedom from the influence of demons. More cunning than most give them credit for, ogre tribes keep somewhat at a distance from the other races as they have built a civilization. Villages are established in foothills, allowing ogres access to plains and forested areas.

The new civilization of ogres has somewhat of a patchwork quality to it. Tribes are experimenting with different approaches, observing the other races as they seek to find their own way. Some groups are nomadic, while others have started small agrarian communities. All hunt, either as a primary or supplementary source of food. While rivalries and conflicts occur, ogres place great stock in listening to elders and allowing moderation of disputes. There is a loyalty to the race and at least some respect for the other races, though ogre interests are always addressed first and foremost.

Ogres value endurance and insight more than simple strength. As strong as they are, they know that something out there is always stronger. Rangers are common among ogres, combining skill with the knowledge of the land.

Ogres test unfamiliar groups to determine their power and possible intentions. They try to avoid conflict, often by having ogre warriors make displays of aggression, smashing the ground and shouting at opponents, out of range of whatever weapons the opponents possess. As a last resort, ogres have some skill in formation fighting and will use a combination of charges and withdrawals to try to surround enemies. Ogres will throw spears at a distance in waves combined with the use of clubs, with possible magical support from ogre magi. When committed to a fight, these giants are completely dedicated, only breaking from an engagement if their leader commands it.
    Despite their size and ferocious appearance, ogres are curious about the wider world and often seek to spread a more positive understanding of ogre culture. At the very least, an ogre hero can gain resources and allies for her tribe.

Ogre society is based on violence and domination. The head of a tribe holds his position through sheer brute strength. Any member of the clan can challenge the leader to a battle to the death. The victor of this duel is declared the new ruler (or retains the position, if the incumbent emerges victorious). This ogre often takes to decorating himself garishly with whatever stolen armor and weapons he can get his hands on. Loot in a ogre clan is distributed by whoever can defend their claim. Thus, the strongest members are usually easily identified by their better armaments.

In Outland, ogre lords rule over the weaker and less intelligent ogres.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

My guess:

No new races but 'sub races' example:

Dark Iron dwarves, Wildhammer dwarves,
    Brown orcs, black orcs,
    Taunka,

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Broken is what I'm expecting, though I think Blizzard would be shocked at how disappointed alliance would be in them.

The only way I see ethereals working, is if they happen to be the race that's depicted in the empty hooded robes at the dark portal and at altars of the storm.

Aarakoa don't strike me as a strong likelyhood. Much of their visual appeal comes from a shape dictated by their feathers more than anything else. Unless armor is getting a huge revamp this expansion, I don't think aarakoa could have variable armor and still look cool. However, if they did tons of work toward making the crane people for MoP before they were scrapped, then they could have some interesting solutions cooked up.
    What crane people would that be?

i dont think there will be new races

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy to get:

Dark Iron Dwarf>Choose your allegiance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Sporeling master race.
    YES!

In all seriousness they would be a fun addition to the game.

I really hope Alliance doesn't get Arakkoa, or High Elves. Too many Elf's in the game already, and if I wanted my fix of the Arakkoa Model I would just go watch Dark Crystal.