Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Jaina wanted human, orc, elemental, and some more. Now she is going after dragon.
    If she collects the whole set, she wins a free toaster.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

People don't seem to engage their brains often these days.

Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't, I'd have to say the two playable races would likely be an ogre or the halfogre/halforc for the Horde, and I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what they might add for the Alliance.
    I don't understand why you find Naga, Ethereals and Arrakoa a stupid idea for playable races?

Blizzard already said that they want Naga as a playable race (Actually Metzen said that), Ethereals are one of the most popular races and Arrakoa are popular (not that popular) and is the easier one to add (and the one that have more sense for the Alliance if we have a expansion in Draenor)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Goblins were like universally expected for any expansion that'd introduce new races, and Pandarens were often requested. The only race which truly came out of the left field were Worgens and the TBC races. Ogres are also requested a lot and are probably one of the easiest races to fit in.

As for the TBC thing. Ogres were actually planned as the Horde race, and apparently were battling it out against Blood Elves in the "finals" but just barely lost. They were the first choice though. And guess what, very same thing happened in Cataclysm, Goblins just edged them slightly.

All we need to know is if there's going to be new races at all, if that's the case, then Ogres are pretty much guaranteed for Horde, there's nothing holding them back, it's just too easy to add them. Alliance is always more fishy, there's so many options. I'd love Broken personally, but since they are pretty much the same race as Draeneis, despite looking much different, probably holds them back.
    So what you're saying is...twice they had Ogres slated for a possible race and twice they opted them out because they found another race more interesting or fit better with the story. In that regard, you can almost guarantee they won't make it, with the exception being the leaked title alluding to Draenor. Logic and history states they'll find a more suitable, interesting, and lorrific race to add. Speculation states they may be added because of the ties, but I just don't see it. Do I get a 2-headed option? How different do females look, since they've barely been mentioned? I know, these are minor details, but they play a deciding role in the choices Blizzard makes.

I don't remember many people mentioning Pandaren as a possible race at all until the leaks of MoP. Afterward, the community was split between "terrible" and "awesome", with few in the middle.

I still want to know why Akama and Maiev are featured on the Outland loading screen after Cataclysm...

At this point, I'll take Murlocs over Ogres. MURLOCS are long overdue and well deserved, IMO. We take them for granted, recognize their cuteness, yet can't understand the depths of their development. Pew pew.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I don't understand why you find Naga, Ethereals and Arrakoa a stupid idea for playable races?

Blizzard already said that they want Naga as a playable race (Actually Metzen said that), Ethereals are one of the most popular races and Arrakoa are popular (not that popular) and is the easier one to add (and the one that have more sense for the Alliance if we have a expansion in Draenor)
    It comes down to feasibility. Some, like the Arakkoa, are more acceptable. Ethereals seem like more of a stretch, given their abilities and nature. They know a lot about the universe and travel the Twisting Nether, have ridiculous technology and are willing to play every side. Yes, things can be altered, but if I got to play an Ethereal and didn't have knowledge of the star systems, planets, technologies, it wouldn't make sense. I'd be playing an empty shell of an Ethereal. With that race comes certain ties, that if aren't brought along just make it a moot point to even suggest them. Would it be cool? Sure! But it'd just be reallllly hard to incorporate them.

Naga, well, they're pretty bad. But another elf variation? YUCK! :P
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-11-06 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    At this point, I'll take Murlocs over Ogres. MURLOCS are long overdue and well deserved, IMO. We take them for granted, recognize their cuteness, yet can't understand the depths of their development. Pew pew.
    Murlocs would fit better to Azshara/N'Zoth expansion, assuming this upcoming one is going to be Draenor or something. But yeah I'd be totally cool with Murlocs, them plus Jinyu, for Horde and Alliance respectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

People don't seem to engage their brains often these days.

Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't, I'd have to say the two playable races would likely be an ogre or the halfogre/halforc for the Horde, and I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what they might add for the Alliance.
    All three of those races races were considered for Cata though, and Metzen's on record saying he wants the former (at least) to happen one day.

Compare that to blue-eyed blood elves, who despite not even making the shortlist and Blizzard themselves saying "no" to, keep on coming up every time fans discuss the subject.

So what you're saying is...twice they had Ogres slated for a possible race and twice they opted them out because they found another race more interesting or fit better with the story. In that regard, you can almost guarantee they won't make it, with the exception being the leaked title alluding to Draenor. Logic and history states they'll find a more suitable, interesting, and lorrific race to add. Speculation states they may be added because of the ties, but I just don't see it. Do I get a 2-headed option? How different do females look, since they've barely been mentioned? I know, these are minor details, but they play a deciding role in the choices Blizzard makes.
    Because with BC the horde was very much under populated, which was why Blood Elf won that match. The Blood Elf served the purpose of giving the horde a more human looking race which did even the numbers somewhat.
    In cataclysm it was basically the horde needed a gnome equivilant and the goblins and the gnomes have always been competing and fighting. And the Ogre would fit in with a revamped azeroth as much as the goblin did.

Here there is the possibility of Draenor as the expansion, not Outland. And the only native races that are from Draenor with the exception of Orcs are Ogres and Arakkoa. Which is why most are betting on the two.

I don't remember many people mentioning Pandaren as a possible race at all until the leaks of MoP. Afterward, the community was split between "terrible" and "awesome", with few in the middle.
    Actually they were slated for TBC as the alliance race but the Draenais took their place fitting more into the Outland theme.

I still want to know why Akama and Maiev are featured on the Outland loading screen after Cataclysm...
    I'm not sure why Maiev is there but it's obvious why Akama is there. Maiev is not even in the game at this point nor were she back in TBC. Other than that it's blizzard not updating Outlands. >_>

No. Murlocs are not intelligent enough to become a playable race. That is why we have something like the Jinyu which is a relative of the Murloc. And seriously it's a sodding murloc... Kill all of them I say!
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-06 at 06:29 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally hoping for something completely out of left field if anything. Or a new ranged class instead of a new race/races. We really need a new ranged class.

No, the fact that they almost made it twice means that they're most definitely being seriously considered once again. It's the fact that they almost made it that counts, because that means Blizzard wants to make them playable, but they've simply been outprioritized. So yeah, Blizzard has tried to add them seriously before, this isn't a matter of history repeating itself, because by now Ogres are the only real suitable choice for this kind of expansion theme. They're also interesting in their own right, and they already have a culture of worshipping Gronns and what not, so they are "lorrific" as you put it. Of course they'd need to figure out a lot of different things in order to make them properly playable, but fact is that they'd need to figure out much more stuff for every other race choice. Goblins proved to be a feasible choice because they had already set so many things in stone beforehand, while Worgens and Draenei were the exact opposite, Ogres would be as easy to make playable as Goblins, except that they'd need to figure out how the females look, which they had to do with Pandarens, Worgens and Draeneis too.

And there were many Pandaren threads, always filled with half "yay" and half "fuck you" as you mention. But they were many, and Blizzard themselves have stated they added them due to sheer demand.

Akama and Maiev on the Outland loading screen means nothing, just like unfrozen Bolvar does, probably even less. It's just for show. Like Blizzard themselves say, sometimes they just add things because they're cool, not because of some hidden meaning. In the current Outland loading screen's case, it's probably just to summarize important characters at the time of TBC.

Btw, good luck getting your Murlocs in a Draenor expansion. Murlocs pose many more problems than Ogres in every feasible way. And if they're well deserving, then why aren't Ogres? Ogres are more deserving than any other race that can potentially be added and have been added, maybe with the exception of Goblins, because they were there right from the start, they were there along with Daemons (as Demons were called back in WC1), Orcs and Humans right in the beginning. I don't see why you can't see them being playable, because it's something a lot of people have seen as only logical for many years. If any race is long overdue, it's definitely Ogres.

But again, it depends on if we're even getting any new races at all.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-11-06 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Did you really just say Arakkoas would be a boring race? I know that's your opinion, but how can you say that when you're asking for High Elves? High Elves shouldn't even be an option. Why would anyone want ANOTHER Elf race, and on top of that, a recolored B-elf race with blue eyes? I don't understand anyone's logic who want High Elves to be a playable race.

Same thing goes for what you said about brown orcs. Why? It's just a race recolor. Sure they might have different lore and different racials, but they're still just a recolor of an already playable race.

I'm all for Ogres as a playable race though. They're different and interesting to me. Honestly not sure about any other races though.
    Oh, probably the same logic that people in both factions wanting to be Pandaren falls under...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ethereals are cool, but i dont think they will be in game as playable race, i mean, i cant imagine a female Ethereal, and what about their faces? If people bitch about fem worgs and fem pandas only having 1 face option...think about Ethereals then....

For a new race all i want its a sexy race with 5 fingers and toes on their hand and feet and glorious epics bewbs that is more bouncy than the fem dwarves one <3. Also, dont make the weapons look like a tiny stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Oh, probably the same logic that people in both factions wanting to be Pandaren falls under...
    Is only 1 race with the possibility to be in both factions, so is not the same as High Elfs

10+ Year Old Account
    Is only 1 race with the possibility to be in both factions, so is not the same as High Elfs
    The same Horde players arguing against it say that High Elfs ARE the same race though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    The same Horde players arguing against it say that High Elfs ARE the same race though...
    Well the actual problem is that if you give the alliance HE then the horde will need a new race too, and if you give a new race to the horde the alliance will feel that they have been cheated on cause they will see the HE as a copy + paste and not a new race

10+ Year Old Account
    with new character models a high possibility for the new expansion i would bet there are no new races or classes this expansion.

just my gut feeling and my gut is only wrong 20% of the time.
    Hi

Murloc all the way

Deleted
    Well the actual problem is that if you give the alliance HE then the horde will need a new race too, and if you give a new race to the horde the alliance will feel that they have been cheated on cause they will see the HE as a copy + paste and not a new race
    Exactly! It would be 'Horde favoritism' all over again.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Which is why if Ethereals are neutral or Horde it would be incredibly unfair, considering Goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Horde gets Ethereals, Alliance gets Ogres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Which is why if Ethereals are neutral or Horde it would be incredibly unfair, considering Goblins.
    Actually no, we don't need a counter of one race in the other faction...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    with new character models a high possibility for the new expansion i would bet there are no new races or classes this expansion.

just my gut feeling and my gut is only wrong 20% of the time.
    These's what most people think, but is also kind of underwhelming cause is not enought, unless they give us subraces with the new models...

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually no, we don't need a counter of one race in the other faction...
    Really?

So Horde doesn't need Blood Elves?

Well I'll be damned...