Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    A LOT of people don't want another furry/feathery/scaly race either. Pretty sure you are outnumbered.
    Pretty sure the High Elf wanting population is outnumbered too and they're a vocal minority just like we are.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no new race. There will not be one. Quote me on this, then make a thread about me being wrong. But seriously, all your assumptions and hopes are wrong.

"Naga", no, please explain a boot and leg slot.
    Anything else, invalid.

Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Broken

Blizz could justify each faction got a race from the opposing faction, and the broken models already exist. Draenei were on Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga just put their tail through one leg hole of a pair of trousers and wear one boot at the end of their tail

DUH!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had my druthers, I'd want either Saurok, Drakonids, or Naga on the Alliance. I'd really love to play a more sinister rooted, scaly race and be with the "righteous" faction I've been playing on for the past 7+ years. I like that juxtaposition.

I think ogres would be a slam duck as far as how easily they'd fit into the horde, but just because it's easy doesn't make it the right thing. I'm not sure what I'd choose.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    This game needs new races like this website needs more speculation threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beoghostwulf View Post
    Alliance: High Elves
    Horde: Broken

Blizz could justify each faction got a race from the opposing faction, and the broken models already exist. Draenei were on Draenor.

i can't imgaine the broken would want to be allied with the orcs who were the people who broke them to begin with
    i imagine a Faction of Manari Eredar defectors leaving the legion and seeking refuge with the Horde since Orcs are also essentially defectors from the Legion and would be sympathetic.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    "Naga", no, please explain a boot and leg slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    How could Naga even be a playable race? What would Blizzard do about the boots and pants slot for armor?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Exactly, even though its pissible to view in the modelviewer. Nagas dont seem to fit the whole humanoid type race template
    So I would actually like to turn this question around. Why does a player race have to have legs in order to be playable?

Now it's not that difficult really. As you mention they are already designed to wear armor, even pants. It is just coiled around them instead. So the issue with the pants are solved already.
    The feet is also quite easy to fix. Why do they need anything? They could wear nothing or just have a tail ring as their foot model. Tauren, Troll, Draenai doesn't wear boots either so I can't see the issue really. :s

The only issue I see with Naga is the riding. How do they mount anything. Though that can also be fix'd incredibly easy. They can just ride sideways, which is a totally and possibly way of riding.

I would also like to note this just for the fun of it: Metzen has stated that he would like naga to be playable one day along with goblins (who have since become playable in Cataclysm), and ogres. Due to their general role as villains, it is likely the playable naga would be like the Draenei are to the demonic Eredar. Greg Street has commented that incorporating naga as a playable race "would present some unique challenges, such as lack of pants."

I could also see them be somewhat like the Worgen in that they have the Naga form but can transform into a Highborne/High Elven form while out of combat.
    The only real issue is that they wouldn't fit in a Draenor expansion, unless it has something to do with Azshara. And before anyone mentions that every naga is following Azshara then that is incorrect. We know that there are Naga that follows Neptulon, though it's possibly a very small minority.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-08 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    This game needs new races like this website needs more speculation threads.
    You've never played EQ/EQII have you?
    It had more races than WoW, and they didn't interfere with gameplay at all. I don't know what the issue is.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    I could also see them be somewhat like the Worgen in that they have the Naga form but can transform into a Highborne/High Elven form while out of combat.
    That in all likeliness isn't gonna happen. Why? Because unlike the Worgen, Naga aren't cursed.

Let me explain: playable Worgenb currently come from the time when the curse happened, which was about 2 years ago in terms of lore.That means that all playable Worgen currently are cursed, and are first generation Worgen. There hasn't been enough time for them to start [popping out children removed from the curse.

The Highhborne were transformed 10,000 years ago. While some Naga still alive have survived since the Sundering, they have had 10,000 years to populate their race far removed from the Mortal race's wars on the land. Now, what does this mean? They're not giving birth to Highborne cursed to be Naga. At this point, any future generation of Naga are pure Naga, and entirely removed from their Highborne progenitors original forms. Due to their prodigious breeding(enough to push Murlocs out of their environments), it's safe to say that from here on, Naga are as related to Highborne as the Highborn were related to the Dark Trolls.

Give Ogres,Gnolls,Fel Orcs,Eredar

Deleted
    Just hoping it won't the same as with Pandaren. I like them , but would rather have 2 different Races , 1 for each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten1988 View Post
    Just hoping it won't the same as with Pandaren. I like them , but would rather have 2 different Races , 1 for each faction.
    Why not 3?

Ogres for Horde, Arrakoa for Alliance, and Ethereals for Neutral?

Alliance: Highborne
    Horde: Ogres
    Neutral: Ethereals

Honestly, I hope we won't get any of them. No new race or a new class. We got the Pandaren and Monk not long ago and that's waaay enough. Annoying that people want new classes/races on every damn expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    That in all likeliness isn't gonna happen. Why? Because unlike the Worgen, Naga aren't cursed.

Let me explain: playable Worgenb currently come from the time when the curse happened, which was about 2 years ago in terms of lore.That means that all playable Worgen currently are cursed, and are first generation Worgen. There hasn't been enough time for them to start [popping out children removed from the curse.

The Highhborne were transformed 10,000 years ago. While some Naga still alive have survived since the Sundering, they have had 10,000 years to populate their race far removed from the Mortal race's wars on the land. Now, what does this mean? They're not giving birth to Highborne cursed to be Naga. At this point, any future generation of Naga are pure Naga, and entirely removed from their Highborne progenitors original forms. Due to their prodigious breeding(enough to push Murlocs out of their environments), it's safe to say that from here on, Naga are as related to Highborne as the Highborn were related to the Dark Trolls.
    I'm not entirely sure I follow your train of thought. What does being cursed recently or being born into a curse have to do with the price of tea in china? Nothing, that's what.

The bottom line is this. If Blizzard thinks they're a cool race (which they clearly have said as much) and would want to add them to the player line up nothing is going to stop them, not having to 'wrap" the leg armor graphic around their tail, not having a tail tip that shares a similar color scheme/styling as whatever is in the boots slot, not riding side saddle (or whatever they'd decide), and certainly not the lore which isn't set in stone and is in essence a living, breathing entity that can be molded and shaped to suit.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Why not 3?

Ogres for Horde, Arrakoa for Alliance, and Ethereals for Neutral?
    Have thought of that myself, would really mean Blizzard had stepped up their game. However, I won't hold my breath, I'll be happy if we even get new races at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I follow your train of thought. What does being cursed recently or being born into a curse have to do with the price of tea in china? Nothing, that's what.
    You're right, it has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. Then again, I'm not the idiot who even made that comparison, you are. Because you're the only one who even mentions the price of tea in China when no one else did. All it proves, however, is that you lack the fundamental ability to read what was written in context to what it was a response to. So yea, actually try to read what I said, and read it in context to what was quoted, and only what was quoted, before you come in blathering on with stupid comparisons that don't make any sense at all even in your own head.

Deleted
    Can we not have Arrakawoaw- Birdmen and magic mummies, please?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do the ToR thing, chose a faction with all races >.>

But, I want High Elf for ally, as for Horde, it doesn't phase me, I'll probably make a character of it.