Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    So what you're describing isn't a 3rd faction, but that faction limits be removed from 4 of the races.
    If we had to break it down to game mechanics, then sure. But Since this game tells a story like any other type of novel, It would make sense that the more peaceful/Intelligent races would try to heal the wounds of both sides. In doing so of the game mechanic it would make it a 3rd faction

Quote Originally Posted by kryimsson View Post
    If we had to break it down to game mechanics, then sure. But Since this game tells a story like any other type of novel, It would make sense that the more peaceful/Intelligent races would try to heal the wounds of both sides. In doing so of the game mechanic it would make it a 3rd faction
    So would this proposed group be available at character creation, or would it only be unlocked at a certain level?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

So would this proposed group be available at character creation, or would it only be unlocked at a certain level?
    I would say unlocked at a certain level, like doing a quest line to become an ambassador of the horde/alliance

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Well the existing skin colors:
    Beige, Light grey, dark grey, light blue, orange, red, purplish-grey, yellow [Please no green - already got too many of those)

Facial markings : Red, black, blue, grey, brown [Edit: their attire reminds me of sumo wrestlers and the markings and physique got some E.Honda theme going one there..]

I also hope that they gve each variant a different eye color/style (something like what they did with male worgen faces

Racials: Ogre's Strength (+2% Strength) (ok maybe this is OP)

Clobber: 3 min cd, singe target 10 yard knockback and 1s stun.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes this is something the devs should consider. Either a new race or unlock undead paladins.
    Just one colour of green for Ogres.
    Don't need like a lot of green colours like orcs, because Ogres aren't green all the time like orcs though.
    So it would make for them ONLY to have one green colour for the Ogres, and the orcs can have all their colours.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

Quote Originally Posted by kryimsson View Post
    I would say unlocked at a certain level, like doing a quest line to become an ambassador of the horde/alliance
    Ok. See now this has addressed one of the typical reasons against a 3rd faction, it allows for pcs to lvl as one of the two factions and then drop into the third, kind of like the reverse of what starting pandas do.

BG's going forward, do you see this 3rd faction as being a true 3rd, ie three-way combat in future bg's, or simply maintaining the "group as you wish" idea of joining either side at will?
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Ogre for the horde (better have a Gronn faction leader and a two headed option)
    Broken for the alliance (Akama is rad, and they are different enough from Draenei I think)

however. I really don't think there will be new playable races.
    This is a cool idea, if they update broken and make them interesting.

Ok. See now this has addressed one of the typical reasons against a 3rd faction, it allows for pcs to lvl as one of the two factions and then drop into the third, kind of like the reverse of what starting pandas do.

BG's going forward, do you see this 3rd faction as being a true 3rd, ie three-way combat in future bg's, or simply maintaining the "group as you wish" idea of joining either side at will?
    As cool as I think it would be for a 3rd faction for pvp, I don't think it makes sense for a completely neutral faction to fight both sides. However, I think the group as you will makes more sense.

Ogres are a "safe" bet I'd say for Horde, while for Alliance it's a tough one. Doubt Arakkoa as armor models on them would be awkward, helm+shoulders and weapon only? Broken are just Draenei so pass on that one, Ethereals I think came after it became Outland. Not too familiar with the other races that could work. Sporeggar dudes don't seem like a viable choice either.

Tough one really, might just be getting new skins for the races such as Mag'har for Orcs and Broken for Draenei. Other races too of course, such as High Elf skin (basically just eyes?) for Blood Elves and Dark Iron for Dwarves. Would have to include an optional free character reskin (no racechange etc) for everyone, otherwise it'd be seen (justifiably so) as a quick cash grab.

Would be cool if people could realize that "sub-race" is literally nothing, while the thing they call that is just a reskin of a faction of Orcs for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Yea I agree there are probably not a lot left in the gene pool of the Kaldorei. Though it could be that this faction is trying to regain their heritage. Possibly trying to revert what happened so long ago to join the Nightelves again. Or there could be some other inexplainable blizzard reason behind it.
    That would only be if they were born as Highborne. As I said, they are, at this point, no longer even considered cursed due to being biologically a new species. Thus, they really can't go back, as there never was a back to go to. They were born Naga, raised Naga, and thus would be Naga, especially if those who werew once Highborne have no desire to go back to what they were and thus reject their past in favor of their own future.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2013-11-08 at 07:29 PM.

Naga would be cool and the simple thing to fix them would be to give them legs when they are on land.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

-Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

If it's time travel, Ethereals, if not, Ogres and Arakkoa, or no new races.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    If it's time travel, Ethereals, if not, Ogres and Arakkoa, or no new races.
    It has to be time related, and I lean more towards an alternate future timeline apposed to past.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

-Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's very, very unlikely that we'll see new races this expansion IMO.
    Damn past me, you're so smart and handsome.

Well, we got our answer as far as new races lol.

no new races, sorry.

Welp, no ogres playable. Honestly I don't see them ever adding them at this point. This would have been the PERFECT expansion to do so, and if we ain't got 'em by now...

Welp, no ogres playable. Honestly I don't see them ever adding them at this point. This would have been the PERFECT expansion to do so, and if we ain't got 'em by now...
    Maybe next expansion for the Ogres.
    But yeah I agree it would've of been time for them honestly.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Damn past me, you're so smart and handsome.
    We'll have to take your word on that.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    Btw: *Tanaan, *Farahlon, *Arakkoa. Not that hard.

I was surprised no one asked at the Q&A why Ogres weren't added (yet again) as a playable race. We're going back to Draenor, their homeland, their City becomes the Horde main city, yet we still can't be Ogres. Makes 0 sense.

Because <contrived reasons here>. At least you guys don't see Ogres repeatedly presented as a major subfaction of the Horde in every other content patch.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"