I am just curious what changes you would like to see with the new xpac? Please give us your spec and what abilities or changes you would like to see.
I am just curious what changes you would like to see with the new xpac? Please give us your spec and what abilities or changes you would like to see.
Elemental revamped! Glyph of Ghost Wolf baseline or as talent. I'd also like to see our level 90 talents be useful for all specs, seems they favor dps a little too much. I mean a 5min cooldown for 10% increase to healing for Resto? Remove the totem tier, though allow either our totems to move with us or allow us to place them with a mechanic similar to Trap Launcher.
Ghost Wolf Tier!
Spirit Walk Instant Removes all movement impairing effects and increases speed by 60% for 10 seconds. Activates Ghost Wolf. 1 min C.D.
Spectral Phase Instant Phase in an out of the spirit world moving you to the targeted location. Activates Ghost Wolf. 30 second cooldown.
Fluid Spirits (Passive) Increases Ghost Wolf movement speed by an additional 15% and you cannot be reduced below 100% movement speed while in Ghost Wolf, and below 70% movement speed while Ghost Wolf is not active.
Elemental Revamped. I think we might need a new mastery, remove the one we currently have and give Lava Burst a flat 25% chance to shoot another Lava Burst at 75% of the damage(Give it an internal cooldown so that a possible instant proc afterwards cannot proc the same effect. Or maybe make it proc 90% more damage except over X amount of seconds?Make the effect undispellable?) Change Shamanism to have only Lava Burst crit for 250%, and increase Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, and Flame Shock periodic damage by 75%.
New Mastery could maybe be our current 2pc?
Mastery: Elemental Remnants: When you consume your charges of Lightning Shield via Fulmination, you also increase all nature,fire, and frost damage done by X%. Lasts 3 seconds per charge. Mastery increases damage done by Y% per point of Mastery.
Scrap Searing Totem or roll the damage into our other spells. New Passive for Lightning Bolt so our DPS doesn't drop when Lava Burst/Fulm/EB are on CD.
Lightning's Fury (Passive)
After you cast Lava Burst or Fulmination, your next 3 Lightning Bolt spells, will cast 20% faster and deal 15% more damage.
You have a 12% when Chain Lightning hits an enemy to, summon a lightning strike from above dealing 350% of the original Chain Lightning's damage split among all targets within 10 yards.
Last edited by shamantime; 2013-11-01 at 11:22 PM.
(wrong forum, delete pls, just noticed this is shaman-related, not xpac in general)
For resto healing they really only have two options
1. Change our mastery, It doesn't fit into the max output healing meta game we have at the moment. With tanks taking hits bigger then half their health relying on people being on low health is just not realistic.
2. Change the Healing game, Smart heals and shields are dominating and it can feel really dull just dropping a totem that throws smart heals around. It takes away from the feeling of healing because you are not casting heals on people, You cast a heal and the heal figures out who it want to heal. Shields...Man just remove them or make them way less effective.
For just general resto changes I would like to see
Really who likes the mandatory riptide+Chain heal and unleash+Healing rain combo? just remove it and give us something else to do.
Spirit link...This 3 min raid cooldown feels to gimmicky Maybe add a glyph or something that changes it to a 40yd range but it ticks 300% slower? something like that
Reincarnation I think needs to be changed. It would be really lame to see it go but 30 min cd? I think this is the longest class spell cd in the game. I wish they would rewamp this spell. Maybe make it reset on every boss fight so you can like actually use it although for class balance the only viable change would be to just turn it into a battle res and apply the 1 ress/fight cap to it. Looking at Sha of fear Having ankh 2 times during one fight was just too good.
Deep Healing(Passive) When you or an ally are below 30% health, you heal for an additional 20%.
Mastery: Ancestral Awakening (Passive) Your direct heals have a X% chance to heal a low-health target within 40 yards for Y%. Mastery increases healing done by Y% per point of Mastery.
I'd also like to see a single target cooldown involving Earth Shield.
Earthen Renewal Instant 2 min C.D.
Consumes all Earth Shield charges on the target, and heals them for the amount of an Earth Shield charge, plus an additional 35%, and reduces damage taken by 15%. Lasts for 10 secs. Earth Shield is reapplied after the duration.
Dear lord make flamshock spread to nearby adds when the add it is on dies. Please lord, please do this.
- Lava Burst to deal additional 50% damage over 8 seconds if the target is afflicted by Flame Shock. This dot works like Explosive Shot, Ignite...etc. Adds an additional 10% critical strike chance to Lightning bolt on the target.
- Fulmination damage increased and critical chance increased to 100% but it deals its damage 3 seconds later with a distinct Lightning Bolt from the sky animation.
- Lightning Shield charges stack up to 10 but only 7 can be used at a time and are gained at a much slower rate with Chain Lightning, so Lightning Bolt remains slightly more efficient at producing Lightning Shield charges in all situations except with Earthquake.
- Lightning Overload: Your Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning spells have a 10% chance of triggering an additional similar spell at no additional cost. Spell criticals have double the normal chance.
- New Mastery - Stormburst : The damage of your Fulmination and the chance of your Lightning Overload to trigger is increased by an additional 10%.
- New Spell - Lightning Storm: Consumes your Lightning Shield charges to summon forth a Lightning Storm for 1 second per Lightning Shield charge that continuously electrifies enemies within 10 yards of the shaman every second. Enemies struck three times by Lightning Storm will be disarmed for 8 seconds. Enemies may only be affected once every 30 seconds.
- Earthquake cast time removed, radius increased and enemies afflicted by Earthquake have an additional 30% chance to be critically hit by the shaman Chain Lightning or Lightning Storm spells. Glyph of Unstable Earth baked into the spell. Cooldown increased to 60 seconds and duration to 15 seconds.
- New Glyph - Glyph of Lightning Speed: Your Lightning Storm also increases your movement speed by 60% for its duration but disarms targets for 4 seconds instead.
Last edited by whyabadi; 2013-11-02 at 07:39 AM.
copy paste from old thread: (enh)
1. Daggers changed to swords for enhancement.
2. Being able to stack maelstrom procs above 5.
3. Changes to the fire nova mechanics. Unlink it from lava lash. Have fire nova apply a dot on the target if no dot is on the target.
4. Searing Flames proccing from melee attacks/strikes
5. Hex becoming instant for enhance
6. Elemental Brackets removed (earth/fire/water/wind totem concept scrapped)
7. Elemental Pets unlinked from totems
8. Searing and Magma Totem becoming 1 minute cooldowns with 15 second duration and quadrupled damage
9. Buff to SBT's absorb, as well as it becoming non-spellstealable and stacking
10. Totems getting more individual treatment (Grounding and Earthbind becoming unattackable for example, damage totems, SBT and CPT (ST/MT) having increased health, some totems usable while silencend (grounding, tremor...) etc.)
11. CPT down to 3 sec charge up, glyph lowers to 1 second
12. Imbue swapping is off the global cooldown
13. Rockbiter removed, dmg absorb backed into other survivability talents as buffs (unless there'll be warden)
14. A gap closer. Either our Feral Spirit's leap, causing us and (if active at the moment) our wolves to leap at the target. OR reduce Spiritwalk to 15second cd or so, reducing sprint to 5 seconds, providing 3 second freedom from movement impairing effects
15. An actual "O shit!"-button that works like a battle reset against teams which would othewhise just pop all their cooldowns and drain you from beginning to end. A bubble/ice ice block/deterrence like ability would be an option, but:
I actually think that this could be provided by OP's idea of windwalk (as a new, seperate ability maybe, minus the crit thing, or make it a guaranteed spell crit instead). The drained shaman would "vanish" for a few seks, healing himself back up and reengage. Would be a nice way to get out of trouble, more so than an engage ability. Also it would fit shamans nicely, with the spirit theme and everything
(he suggested a spirit/invisibility ability during which you can only cast healing spells)
16. A seperrate cooldown for frostshock, with the damage removed
17. The dmg bonus to LL from FT is backed into the ability baseline. Searing Flames will either provide no longer any damage to FT, or will also do so for FB. The magical damage bonus from FT will now also be provided by FB.
18. UE:FB, instead of applying a 70% snare when target is already snared, will apply a 3 second stun.
19. Some sort of recource. It doesn't have to be energy, focus, rage or runic power or something like that. Something along the lines of rets and moonkins would be nice...maybe enhance msw's influence on the enh game play, interweave it with searing power even, to make a fire and a lightning phase, similar to druids' sun/moon phases? Would be nice to have something along those lines, affected by haste. (or something like my later suggestion)
20. A finisher ability for pvp, also allowing for catching up on low hp phases in boss fights
Primal Strike: Avaiable on targets at 25% health or lower on a 8(?)second cooldown, dealing 700% mainhand weapon damage (random number). Also avaiable when one of your melee hits is blocked, dodged, or parried. Cant be blocked then, but deals only half damage and has a 12 second cooldown then.
Fang of Neltharion: Pierce your target with a sharp, solid spike of rock, dealing 700% weapon damage. 30y range. Only used on targets with 25% health or lower. Cooldown 8 seconds.
random hp/cooldown/range/damage numbers
21. More frost. There's far to less of it.
Originally Posted by Angoth
-Less CDs, stacking all CDs at one and global someone isnt to fun make new talent tier where you chose between Ascendant FET and one other CD
-redesign Fire totems , both Magma and Searing totem ae kinda crap change them to be like 1 min CD and wor last 10s but deal much more damage and share CDs so you chose between AoE or singletarget
-Give shamans normal slow ability like all other have FS is good only for Enh and EBT have to short range and long CD,
-Redesing Weapond enchants be bo more like addional special efect like
- WF increase movment speed when you deal damage or heal
- FB slow target damage by you spealls or melee atacks
- RB reduce phisical damage taken
- FT reduce magical damage taken
- EL increase Healing taken
in courent desing we got no choice at all,if one of Weapond enchants will increase DPS or HPS by atlest 1% players feal that this one is mandatory to use
-Make Fulmination and MSW stack more then 7 and 5 but put limit on max stacks consume per use
-Give Enh EQ too his AoE feal clucky when yuo dont have mobs that will survive longer then few sec and its realy anoing to solo old raids as enh when you ahve to single target almost everything
-make totem to benefit more from your HP like 20% its realy anoing when your totem is just 1 shooted befour its do anything
Last edited by kubuntu; 2013-11-02 at 01:03 PM.
1. Get rid of Deep Healing and introduce a new Mastery. Our current Mastery is a failed experiment, and it is possibly the largest cause of the continued discontent and balancing problems with the spec. Replace it with a consistent and reliable throughput increasing Mastery like every other healer (except Monks) currently have
2. Add an external tank cooldown. Every other healing spec has one already, and it's kind of inexcusable from a game design perspective to leave one spec out. I think we likely will get our version of Ironbark this expansion.
3. The ULE-HR and CH-RT interactions are clunky and annoying and should be removed with their effects made baseline.
4. Earth Shield's mechanics are outdated and could use being reworked. They already removed the charge degradation on hits feature of every other similar spell in the game (WS, LS, Inner Fire, etc). The charges should just be removed, and it should be allowed to function as an unlimited duration single target buff, similar to Beacon. They also should remove the 1 Earth Shield per tank restriction; this is highly outdated and has been removed from every other similar ability.
5. Give us a viable DPS to healing mechanic like Attonment/Fistweaving. Alternately, remove all such mechanics from all healers.
6. Redesign the L90 talent tier. It feels extremely underwhelming, and there has been one mandatory talent (that itself is pretty meh) the entire expansion.
7. Totemic Projection and Totemic Persistence both should be baseline. That entire talent tier is a sorry excuse for a talent tier, and is an excellent spot to redesign for next expansion.
8. The entire concept of only being able to have 1 totem down per element is outdated and should be removed (it should have been done with the MoP totem redesign). With totems being cooldown restricted, there is no good reason to restrict how many or what elements can be down at one time. Are Druids blocked from using Tranq after casting Innervate?
9. I would like to see a talent added somewhere that adds back the old Improved Reincarnation talent from WoTLK. It should be an option that you have to take over some other utility ability, but the option to drop the Ankh CD to 15-20 minutes and rez with full health and mana would be a compelling choice for progression fights.
10. Better mobility. Ghost Wolf feels outdated as our only mobility option given that almost every other class already has options that are superior most of the time. They should consider replacing the L45 talent tier with a mobility tier.
11. Make Shamanistic Rage baseline for Resto as well.
12. SLT probably should be made into a talent instead of a baseline Resto ability. It is strong on some fights and can have gamebreaking uses, but it feels like more of a niche ability than a core raid cooldown. Besides, we don't really need 2 baseline raid CDs, especially if we are getting a much needed tank CD.
13. Rushing Streams should probably be eliminated after this tier. It is an effective way to give us a spread healing numbers boost so our overall throughput is more consistent. However, it's also a really lazy way of doing it that adds a lot of passive smart healing without adding anything to the gameplay, as well as being a talent that is nearly unusable for DPS specs. They should come up with a more eloquent solution to balancing our spread healing for next expansion.
Tiberria, I completely agree with points 1-4. We've needed a tank CD for ages and I would be surprised if there's another expansion without this being added. Mastery absolutely needs an overhaul given it was designed to fit the triage style healing that has been tossed out now. Your point 3 I feel very strongly about. It is an extremely clunky mechanic and is never a choice. When you cast two separate spells it should always be a choice as to which one to cast, and when one *always* follows the other, that's a broken design.
The other points would largely be nice-to-haves but not imperative. SLT should be baked into Ascendence though since the two are used at the same time anyway. I like Ghost Wolf a lot, thematically, but in use it is very bad if you have latency. The number of times I cast it to move and it either doesn't cast or casts and uncasts immediately is so frustrating and renders the ability useless. I think it's the combination of being a GCD and graphic transformation that causes the problem, so a better solution would be nice, something more reliable. Mobility is a huge bugbear for Shaman. Someway of having a mobile heal would be very welcome (like LB, which is pointless for Resto) or a more efficient speed boost that isn't hindered by latency.