Deleted

Just reached plat, from bronze 3!

Hey guys, when i first joined ranked, i was inexperienced and foolish, i played badly. I got placed in Bronze 3 via the system, which was fair at the time, and due to my inexperience i played badly and blamed it all on Elo Hell.

In lower bronze i played a lot of Xin and lee, due to their insane early game damage, however, i didn't twig how high skillcap lee was, but that's OK, at bronze all you need to do is hit your Q
    Silver then i played more of J4, Xin and Elise. All good junglers.
    As soon as i hit gold, i wanted to play more of ADC and Support, so i touched into Thresh(who isn't banned half as often as i expect him to be) and Zyra, along with Ezreal as my ADC ( beating even caitlyn's or corkis in lane )
    Top of gold then, i fell back to lee sin as my comfort pick, picking him when i feel uncomfortable with the team comp, because i know i could do well on him.

Last game of Platinum Promotions, i was lee sin and they were pushing as 4 into our base, as i wasn't fed i didn't have a lot of AD, however, their nexus was exposed , so i wardhoped over, and as they were about to destroy my nexus to make me lose my promotions and have to try all over again, that beautifull camera sweep turned to me, lee sin, in pool party skin (Deal with it) just having killed their nexus ( and made a quick 50G)

So, i would love to hear your stories on climbing the ladder and "elo hell" which is a lot of rubbish in my opinion c:

Anyone who denies ELO hell is either stuck in it, or is simply much much better then the people that are struck by it. If you are a gold player in silver, the advantage you give your team is negligible at best. Same as a really a plat player in silver, you alone cannot carry a game. Sure you can watch diamond/challengers breeze through it, but A, they generally duo with another diamond level player and B, they have a much better shot at solo carrying 2-3 lanes themselves. ive won 6/6 lanes the past day, with only 1 win in their. My bot lane has lost every single lane incredibly hard for zero reason. When the enemy team is simply given 4 better players then I am, I will not win, period.

Deleted
    See, That's just a streak of bad luck in my opinion.

Let's say 1 in every 9 players is a troll AFK or bad player, then theres a 55% chance of the enemy team having said player, but only 44% chance of your team. This makes it so that if you play enough games your RNG when it comes to finding flat out better players on either team will diminish and eventually cause you to rise, i had 140 wins 100 losses by the end of my rise, that's only 40 more wins than losses, but the system still saw i was a better player and accompanied this with higher MMR and therefore LP gains

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Anyone who denies ELO hell is either stuck in it, or is simply much much better then the people that are struck by it. If you are a gold player in silver, the advantage you give your team is negligible at best. Same as a really a plat player in silver, you alone cannot carry a game. Sure you can watch diamond/challengers breeze through it, but A, they generally duo with another diamond level player and B, they have a much better shot at solo carrying 2-3 lanes themselves. ive won 6/6 lanes the past day, with only 1 win in their. My bot lane has lost every single lane incredibly hard for zero reason. When the enemy team is simply given 4 better players then I am, I will not win, period.
    Snoopeh, playing solo queue, starting in Bronze:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/44246827#history

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Snoopeh, playing solo queue, starting in Bronze:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/44246827#history
    Didn't you read at all what he posted? What the heck, mate?

It is a completely different story for a diamond/challenger player to climb the ladder than gold for example. I don't
    know why you posted that link

10+ Year Old Account
    He mentioned they were mostly duo-queueing. Just linked one that wasn't

And to show that even pros don't win every single game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I have seen lots of people complain about ELO hell.
    I have never seen someone post "Hey guys I was stuck in ELO hell but now I play ranked 5s"
    I wonder why it so happens that people don't go with the obvious solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried that actually. Was a horrible experience. If some random stranger fails, I have a much easier time accepting that then when my friends fuck up. I know I won't ever see the stranger again.

That, and playing as team, with proper tactics is fairly different from solo queue. You might easily be gold as solo, but have no clue about team mechanics, because it doesn't matter as much in solo queue.