Deleted

Wanna start again, few problems..

Hey, i would love to start playing rift again but there is one small problem, i forgot my password, it's been SO long since i played
    Have tried all the passwords i can think of having used in the past but nothing, then i go to recover it and i need to answer the security questions... umm wat?
    How am i supposed to remember such "hard" ones..

Now, the only thing i can do is to submit to the support about a password reset, but chances of that to happen when all i can give is my name and e-mail prob won't be that high?

I have subscribed to the game in the past, but have gotten a new card since, so the card added to my files is long gone..
    (game also bought digital)
    What is the best way to recover my account from what i have?
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-11-02 at 12:22 AM.

The best thing I can advise you about the password deal. Is it requires 1 upper case. The reason I say this is because I had the same problem when I came back in july-ish and I could not remember it, and I said to myself 'screw it' I'm not that far into the game anyways. Then as I went to create a new acc & make a password I remembered I needed one upper case.

Maybe it'll help you figure it out, but other than that the best thing you can do is submit a support ticket. It can't hurt to try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    The best thing I can advise you about the password deal. Is it requires 1 upper case. The reason I say this is because I had the same problem when I came back in july-ish and I could not remember it, and I said to myself 'screw it' I'm not that far into the game anyways. Then as I went to create a new acc & make a password I remembered I needed one upper case.

Maybe it'll help you figure it out, but other than that the best thing you can do is submit a support ticket. It can't hurt to try.
    I've submitted one, but only information i'm able to give is my name and e-mail which is not enough at all.. rest i can't asnwer or is impossible to answer because it's all outdated..
    i'm not even able to do any of their support thing right since it constantly asks me to log in..
    And i'm also sure i never put up any security question on my account... so pretty much impossible to answer them
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2013-11-02 at 02:24 AM.

I think it requires you to provide a security question when you create the account, even back in 2011.

I'm not 100% sure, but that would be silly on trions part as far as security goes not to.

Deleted
    I think it requires you to provide a security question when you create the account, even back in 2011.

I'm not 100% sure, but that would be silly on trions part as far as security goes not to.
    Just made an account didn't ask me to put up any secury questions, didn't have to have a uppercase letter in my password, nothing at all

Now i'm unable to even login to their website anymore..

- - - Updated - - -

Been trying for the last couple of hours now to log in, or create a new account, the ONLY time i'm able to log in is if i make a new account.

whenever i log out and wanna log in again it's just keeps loading and says that the server doesn't respond, i'm giving, if it's so hard for trion to make a proper website where you are able to log in i won't even bother.

Have tried from different computers and different ip's + different browsers.. all the time

i had problems with getting my account back, same deal with the security questions, but, i did eventually manage to find a way to bypass that and use my cd key to regain control over the account. i bought it on steam in 2011 and luckily enough cd keys are all stored in there. anyway, if you can get your cd key you should be able to get your account back through the support pages.

I don't know about you but I have old email sitting in my box from like 2002. I have resurrected old software purchases with it so many times by find the original "Thank you for your purchase." emails.

This is why i also never delete those kinds of emails.

Your best bet is to post on the official forums or PM one to the CMs. I have heard in the past of them resetting an account with a photocopy of an I.D. that matches the name on the account mailed to them. Worth a shot at least.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    Just made an account didn't ask me to put up any secury questions, didn't have to have a uppercase letter in my password, nothing at all

Now i'm unable to even login to their website anymore..

- - - Updated - - -

Been trying for the last couple of hours now to log in, or create a new account, the ONLY time i'm able to log in is if i make a new account.

whenever i log out and wanna log in again it's just keeps loading and says that the server doesn't respond, i'm giving, if it's so hard for trion to make a proper website where you are able to log in i won't even bother.

Have tried from different computers and different ip's + different browsers.. all the time
    Strange, I'm not sure then. I was pretty sure they required it. Thats kinda silly then for security on there part. That means as long as someone knows your acc name/password they can reset your password whenever they feel like it.

Strange, I'm not sure then. I was pretty sure they required it. Thats kinda silly then for security on there part. That means as long as someone knows your acc name/password they can reset your password whenever they feel like it.
    Except as soon as they log in from an IP Address different then yours the account is coin locked. Can't change PW when coin locked. Can't sell stuff. The account is pretty restricted as soon as it is Coin Locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Except as soon as they log in from an IP Address different then yours the account is coin locked. Can't change PW when coin locked. Can't sell stuff. The account is pretty restricted as soon as it is Coin Locked.

Derp wow, yeah I completely forgot about the coin lock.

Happened to me. came back after a VERY long hiatus, none of my passwords worked, changed credit cards. My account had even been hacked a long time ago. Trion was incredibly helpful with getting my account back. got a new CC on there, they reset my passwords and everything. took a few times though cause of complications here and there but eventually, with a lot of phone convos and emails i finally got everything back. Just contact support, let them know ur situation and they will help. Good luck!
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."