Deleted

BF 4 or cod ghosts

I'm really torn between the two. I loved MW3 and MW2 but hated BO II. An important factor is that I'll be playing on PC with maxed out graphics on any game. Do people generally play more BF or COD on PC?

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't going to end well.

But I'd say more people play BF more on PC than CoD.
    CoD is more of the easy shooter you can pick up quickly, I've never bought it on PC, only my PS3.
    I think because BF is more realistic, with aiming and everything else there is, that it should be only be played on PC due to precise aiming and such. But you need a really good damn pc to be able to play it on it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Both are fine on PC. Though CoD has been known to have hackers in some of the games (MW3 had some, but not many. BO2 had less but they still existed) but it's not enough to really make the game bad.

Ghosts is made by the same people that made MW3, if you liked MW2/3 you'll probably like Ghosts. I'm in the same boat, I don't like the Treyarch games much, Infinity Ward does a much better job imo.

As for which you should buy, hard to say, they're totally different games. BF tries way to be realistic, and CoD laughably tries to resemble realism in some way as well. BF is the more serious of the two I'd say, if you're looking to get really into a game I'd go with that one. Personally, I prefer just dicking around with friends on CoD, so I'll be getting that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Both are fine on PC. Though CoD has been known to have hackers in some of the games (MW3 had some, but not many. BO2 had less but they still existed) but it's not enough to really make the game bad.

Ghosts is made by the same people that made MW3, if you liked MW2/3 you'll probably like Ghosts. I'm in the same boat, I don't like the Treyarch games much, Infinity Ward does a much better job imo.

As for which you should buy, hard to say, they're totally different games. BF tries way to be realistic, and CoD laughably tries to resemble realism in some way as well. BF is the more serious of the two I'd say, if you're looking to get really into a game I'd go with that one. Personally, I prefer just dicking around with friends on CoD, so I'll be getting that.
    hehe in my 300 hours on BO II, I haven't encountered 1 hacker and tbh I really like fastpaced action, does BF4 give that?

I say both , thats what i am doing although on the ps4 not the pc but still the same reason , i will give them both a go and if they are good keep them if they arent i wont bother with them, guess you cant resell them on pc tho huh, I would still go for both , they have 2 very different playstyles, BF is all about the giant wars with tanks and planes , COD is about the fast paced jump in games.

Play the one you like? I don't get these topics unless you're absolutely strapped for cash and can only chose one.

I don't like the Treyarch games much, Infinity Ward does a much better job imo.
    Last edited by hackbornyu; 2013-11-02 at 03:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting both. Ghost with Target's B2g1 Free sale during launch week, and hoping the leaked Black Friday sale comes true, 30 dollars for any version (next gen included, and PC) for Battlefield 4. I like both, I play both, but I foresee people playing CoD longer. People don't care for EA that much, especially on the PC. Either way, both will be dead in a year when the next one comes out so it's fair game to each of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say BF for PC and CoD for console. CoD tends to usually be faster paced as it's much smaller maps so you are comfronted face to face with the other team constantly.
    BF4 if you prefer more team working together and to be rewarded more for team play.

Other than them both being FPS games, never sure why people compare them. They always feel like entirely different games.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I'm really torn between the two. I loved MW3 and MW2 but hated BO II. An important factor is that I'll be playing on PC with maxed out graphics on any game. Do people generally play more BF or COD on PC?
    Personally I am not getting BF4 I played both the PC beta and Ps3 beta and was annoyed that all it was is BF3 with better launch maps.

The UI is a bit better and of course on PC it looks a bit better but not enough warnt a 60$ price tag. When BF4 drops to around 25$ ill check it out again.

I was going to avoid Cod Ghost but I plan to get it on Ps3 now because there is some modes that dose seem fun and I feel Ghost has done more different compared to MW3/BO2 then BF4 has compared to BF3.

"Before I get flamed this is just my opinion"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    hehe in my 300 hours on BO II, I haven't encountered 1 hacker and tbh I really like fastpaced action, does BF4 give that?
    If u played BO2 and someone drop shot you...that was a cheater with a modded controller and also quick scoping.

That was what annoyed me the most was how many people cheated at BO2 on both Xbox 360/Ps3. I am really hoping with dedicated servers all of that die's down a lot.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cal.../1100-6415420/
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-11-02 at 08:37 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I am not getting BF4 I played both the PC beta and Ps3 beta and was annoyed that all it was is BF3 with better launch maps.

The UI is a bit better and of course on PC it looks a bit better but not enough warnt a 60$ price tag. When BF4 drops to around 25$ ill check it out again.

I was going to avoid Cod Ghost but I plan to get it on Ps3 now because there is some modes that dose seem fun and I feel Ghost has done more different compared to MW3/BO2 then BF4 has compared to BF3.

"Before I get flamed this is just my opinion"

- - - Updated - - -

If u played BO2 and someone drop shot you...that was a cheater with a modded controller and also quick scoping.

That was what annoyed me the most was how many people cheated at BO2 on both Xbox 360/Ps3. I am really hoping with dedicated servers all of that die's down a lot.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cal.../1100-6415420/
    Can you please explain this? I dropshot all the time and I don't have any form of modded controller or hacks. If you mean "why isn't he dolphindiving". Those are 2 different keys which you can check out and remap

CoD is much more arcade-y, and BF is between CoD and Military sims like Arma.

They are both fun in their own way, and it completely depends on what you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.