Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Takure View Post
    Japan says hello.
    I LOVE IT when people bring up the 2 bombs that actually SAVED the Japanese people from going extinct. You know they were going to fight the allies land invasion force with EVERYONE that was on the mainland right? You know that millions upon millions of japanese would of died right? You know that over a million allied soldiers would of died taking mainland Japan right? Those two bombs saved the Japanese people. We warned them to surrender they refused...we warned them we would drop another bomb if they continued to refuse surrender...they refused..so we dropped another. The Japanese military even AFTER those two bombs wanted to continue to fight to the death and so did MOST of there population. Do some research before you spout left-wing liberal crap like that. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    I LOVE IT when people bring up the 2 bombs that actually SAVED the Japanese people from going extinct. You know they were going to fight the allies land invasion force with EVERYONE that was on the mainland right? You know that millions upon millions of japanese would of died right? You know that over a million allied soldiers would of died taking mainland Japan right? Those two bombs saved the Japanese people. We warned them to surrender they refused...we warned them we would drop another bomb if they continued to refuse surrender...they refused..so we dropped another. The Japanese military even AFTER those two bombs wanted to continue to fight to the death and so did MOST of there population. Do some research before you spout left-wing liberal crap like that. Thanks.
    They knowingly bombed non military people, a disgusting act indeed.

The bombs only exploded to a few percent of thier potential, imagine if they had detonated 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I disagree with you. But it never matters, because even if we all explained why, the common response is to delete your memory to just before your opinion is obliterated with reason and intellect and declare win. Still I will try to explain.

1: these human rights flushed countries being shat upon by the US, are a part of the 'the rest of the world'.

2: did you think they were happy to receive your gift of democracy when all that's left is rubble?

3: It's hard to appreciate democracy when depleted uranium rounds are in everything around you.

4: Iraq had oil, afghanistan has the most Uranium in the world, the US 's previous leader got caught in a blatant LIE for the entire reason for being there. Not to mention we don't know if HE had a right to be your leader considering that thing in Florida.

5: trust is earned, and now it's been abused, the last time a country lied that hard it was Germany right before ww2. Which btw was a democracy.

6: Given the amount of threads with the U.S, and citizens of there on this board who are fanatical about guns and winning everything with no concern for other countries, wtf are the 'rest of us' supposed to think?

7: Lets put this another way, if we rolled all that into one individual and put him in a room with you, would you feel great about it? Or nervous and a little mistrusting? I think there's a word for a person who is like that. But I'll let you draw that word in.

And NO this is NOT nation bashing. This is an outside opinion looking in to your fishbowl. And yes, you can say "well not everyone is like that", and you'd be right, but then after reading your post I'd have to say "yah not everyone, but you sure as shit are.".
    You honestly think that Germany was an ACTUAL DEMOCRACY just BEFORE WW2? Hitler and the SS say "Hi".
    Depleted Uranium shells everywhere? You know we have ROE's, right? Rules of Engagement? Tanks have a SABO shell that is uranium...not every single vehicle or weapon we have uses depleted uranium..you are by far and wide EXAGGERATING your statement.
    Fanatical about guns? I dont own a gun and I believe in our 2nd amendment rights. There are over 300,000,000 guns in the US. Tkaing them away from law abiding citizens will only get law abiding citizens killed because guess what....CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW THE LAW. If BANNING guns is supposed to work then I guess BANNING rape, murder, and drunk driving should work aswell...oh...wait...
    Iraq and Afghanistan were already nothing more the piles of rubble when we got there. The people in Afghanistan live in the 12th century and Iraq is nothing more then one big trash heap with different tribes constantly warring with one another. You just didnt hear about it before because the regime that was in control didnt LET anyone hear ANYTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the problem here? I don't see it...

Let me use a blunt metaphor.... We running around with our dick pulled out of the pants, showing it around and yelling
    "Look at my dick, how big it is"...

Is it surprising when someone else suddenly pulls out his dick and says. "sure it's big, but don't bend over, or else I can fuck you in the ass, with my dick, look!".

I know it's blunt... But that's essentially what it is.
    When you run around showing your dick, others will show you theirs.

Americans have to wake up and become a little more wary. The cold war happened for a reason. There were 2 super powers keeping each other in check. The cranking up of military intelligence, technology and fire power was a "necessity" and logic conclusion, on both sides. After some time both sides the US and the Soviets came to reason and started to talk, then they started to strip their own powers through agreements..... All went the right way, much to the approval and satisfaction of the rest of the World.
    At some point the Soviets dissolved.
    And now, over the last decade+ the US starts to increase its military once again. With neutral eyes, it very much looks like the US is trying to build up a force that cannot be matched, even if the leading other nations combined joined forces to counter it.
    And that is wrong, and certainly - here's where the waking up part needs to come to play - it is not in favor of the US at all. The World doesn't like that. And the US shouldn't neglect it. After all, we all share the same planet, and what goes on there is of everyone's concern.
    All in all.... People have to start to get used to it. These kind of comments from other countries will increase over time.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    You honestly think that Germany was an ACTUAL DEMOCRACY just BEFORE WW2? Hitler and the SS say "Hi".
    Depleted Uranium shells everywhere? You know we have ROE's, right? Rules of Engagement? Tanks have a SABO shell that is uranium...not every single vehicle or weapon we have uses depleted uranium..you are by far and wide EXAGGERATING your statement.
    Fanatical about guns? I dont own a gun and I believe in our 2nd amendment rights. There are over 300,000,000 guns in the US. Tkaing them away from law abiding citizens will only get law abiding citizens killed because guess what....CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW THE LAW. If BANNING guns is supposed to work then I guess BANNING rape, murder, and drunk driving should work aswell...oh...wait...
    Iraq and Afghanistan were already nothing more the piles of rubble when we got there. The people in Afghanistan live in the 12th century and Iraq is nothing more then one big trash heap with different tribes constantly warring with one another. You just didnt hear about it before because the regime that was in control didnt LET anyone hear ANYTHING.
    This is a troll post right?
    Depleted Uranium was widely used in Iraq (and the gulf war). Just google Fallujah and how fucked up the births/rate of cancer in children is there. It's a war crime that is worse that what happened in Syria little attack that had global condemnation.
    Iraq was on the verge of being a 1st world country pre-gulf war. It wasn't the hellhole you made it out to be.

Back on topic tho : This is probably just China reminding everyone that it wants the south China sea, its called soft pressure, loads of countries do it all the time. The UK sends ships to knock about the Falklands and when they wanted to put pressure on a country like Libya (when it was the hot topic) we just shoved a ship or two around the sea in the region. It's just posturing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What is the problem here? I don't see it...

Let me use a blunt metaphor.... We running around with our dick pulled out of the pants, showing it around and yelling
    "Look at my dick, how big it is"...

Is it surprising when someone else suddenly pulls out his dick and says. "sure it's big, but don't bend over, or else I can fuck you in the ass, with my dick, look!".

I know it's blunt... But that's essentially what it is.
    When you run around showing your dick, others will show you theirs.

Americans have to wake up and become a little more wary. The cold war happened for a reason. There were 2 super powers keeping each other in check. The cranking up of military intelligence, technology and fire power was a "necessity" and logic conclusion, on both sides. After some time both sides the US and the Soviets came to reason and started to talk, then they started to strip their own powers through agreements..... All went the right way, much to the approval and satisfaction of the rest of the World.
    At some point the Soviets dissolved.
    And now, over the last decade+ the US starts to increase its military once again. With neutral eyes, it very much looks like the US is trying to build up a force that cannot be matched, even if the leading other nations combined joined forces to counter it.
    And that is wrong, and certainly - here's where the waking up part needs to come to play - it is not in favor of the US at all. The World doesn't like that. And the US shouldn't neglect it. After all, we all share the same planet, and what goes on there is of everyone's concern.
    All in all.... People have to start to get used to it. These kind of comments from other countries will increase over time.
    The better way to look at it is China has said that in an all out war, if their missiles work, if their warheads work, and if their submarines are not found and sunk, they can cause severe damage to the western half of the US by hitting some of our major cities. In the mean time, the US, who has far more successful SLBM launches, far more successful nuclear warhead testing, and far more quieter and better armed SSBNs, will respond by reducing every single large city in China to rubble. It is a hollow threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    no whats really funny is a Canadian saying Afghanistan has the most Uranium in the world when in truth it's his own country that does.
    Actually, we don't. Australia has the most known reserves (31% of the world's), followed by Kazakhstan at 12.1%, then Canada with 9%.

We used to lead the world in production

But in recent years, Kazakhstan has overtaken us. Our share of the production has fallen to something like 18%, Kazakhstan produces something like 33%, and Australia about 11%.

Afghanistan's uranium reserves are largely unknown. The whole lack-of-infrastructure-and-stability thing really hampers surveying efforts.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters