Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Arrow #1 reason for Warlords of Draenor is NOT an expansion for World of Warcraft

They registered warlordsofdraenor.com

They never registered BurningCrusade.com
    They never registered Cataclysm.com
    They never registerted MistsofPandaria.com

In fact they only registered one domain out of all the 4 expansions and that was Wrath of the Lich King.
    In fact MistsofPandaria.com was registered as late as 1 month ago by a person in Korea.

So why would Blizzard suddenly care to register expansion name for World of Warcraft, I don't see it.

** Also you have tablet PC's and such small devices that World of Warcraft expansion can never exist on, under the trademark.
    ** While The Dark Below has not, while none of the previous expansions has that under their trademark either.
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-11-02 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Blizzard owns those domains....it's only smart to register the name of your x-pac. Stop looking into it so much, detective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    yeah you are way wrong here. I'm sorry but this site reported at least MOP as well.
    Mop was registered on August 3rd of 2011
    CATA was registered on Jul 1st of 2009
    so thanks for playing
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-11-02 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such denial. Many Shame.

And here ladies and gentlemen, we have someone in the Azshara camp still clinging to TDB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i'm rooting for Infinite.

Reaper of Souls, Diablo 3 expansion.
    Legacy of the Void, StarCraft 2 expansion.
    Warlords of Draenor, Hearthstone expansion.
    The Dark Below, World of Warcraft expansion.
    It's still trademark.
    Warlords trademark has tablet PC's and mobile phones under it, Dark has not.

You've made two topics recently about how WoD is not the next WoW expansion. You shouldn't spam so much or you might get reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    So some guy registered that url a month ago so that a week before Blizzcon he could troll MMOChamp? And coincidentally Blizzard happened to trademark that very same name? You might be on to something, bro.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    It's still trademark.
    No, it's not. It was removed from all the places it was up.

Both are easy to explain.

The website, they can sit on the domain and make sure no one else gets it during the initial setup. They generally do this.
    Tablet PC/phone/portable computer part is for rebranding the mobile app.

And now your arguments have flown out the window.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, let's just say in a week you're proven wrong, and it is the expansion? will you make a thread saying sorry you were wrong? Will you make two threads? or will you, just like most of the people who are convinced the Dark Below is the expansion, never talk about it again when they are proved wrong.

Let's say that..

All of Draenor is pretty much already explored and drifiting in Twisting Nether?

Now who want's to play thru level 90 to 100 content in Outland just in the past? O.O Or whatever people believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will be truly official until at least blizzcon. I am still wary to accept it as fact, i dont think blizz would let the cat out of the bag but who knows....

loose lips sink ships
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, as a perfect explanation for why you protect your domain names:

http://warlordofdraenor.com

Registered by a guild owner on November 2nd, 2013. In fact, according to the listing, just a little over an hour ago he registered that site. Hmmm...

The proper argument here, however, is to lookup warlordsofdraenor.com - it was registered by a domain name proxy service located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Exactly one month ago today.

Edit: By further investigation, the company that registered warlordsofdraenor.com is the some one that registered heroesofthestorm.com, which currently points to the battle.net domain. So, warlordsofdraenor.com could easily just point to the WoW section of Battle.net - case closed.
    Last edited by Travio; 2013-11-02 at 07:12 AM.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Love all these people who are in such denial that they have to search for a very small reason. Why can't we all just wait until next week?
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok your making us The Dark Below believers look bad, My Sig explains it all, there is a good chance it's the WoW Xpac or Warcraft 4 related.

Nothing more, Nothing less. It's just smart marketing to register a website with your name to prevent people from buying it & using it to con people.
    Blizzard has bought many websites secertly & sometimes never uses them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Ok your making us The Dark Below believers look bad, My Sig explains it all, there is a good chance it's the WoW Xpac or Warcraft 4 related.

Nothing more, Nothing less. It's just smart marketing to register a website with your name to prevent people from buying it & using it to con people.
    Blizzard has bought many websites secertly & sometimes never uses them.
    This guy gets it, as always Arbsbear, you're a gentleman and a scholar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Don't worry, guy. I'd be on your train if I still had any belief in TDB (but here's hoping you're right!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Love all these people who are in such denial that they have to search for a very small reason. Why can't we all just wait until next week?
    It's not about denial, its all about the fun in speculation, you believe what you want to believe until the relieve. Boulb said he felt good about this one, but didn't say it was the Xpac. Most of us think it is, but like to out of the box & look at every angle.

It could be the same way if THB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Don't worry, guy. I'd be on your train if I still had any belief in TDB (but here's hoping you're right!).
    Hope is all I need , If I am wrong I'm wrong wont lose sleep over it, but it would be nice to right about atleast one thing besides Heroes of the Storm as that one was obvious.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-02 at 07:28 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also why you jump on a domain name - reaperofsouls.com

Someone else has the address and is now selling it and able to make a hefty buck off of something that costs them less than $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Reaper of Souls, Diablo 3 expansion.
    Legacy of the Void, StarCraft 2 expansion.
    Warlords of Draenor, Hearthstone expansion.
    It's still trademark.
    Warlords trademark has tablet PC's and mobile phones under it, Dark has not.
    It has tablet pc's and mobiles under it because of the wow app most likely.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.