Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    all the gear is 540 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.
    We have people in 570 item level still needing loot from flex.

@OP It is simple a supply and demand. There are enough people with ahead of the curve, heck even with a bunch of heroic progress, that still needs loot from flex. Those players do not run flex for progressing, they run it to gear up for their main raids, and they want to be done with flex as quick as possible and not wipe.
    As such they ask for people with similar gear and experience as themselves since they do not want to carry people, and they get those people.

You should see when you ask for 550+ ilvl, you get spammed down, it is impossible to keep up with the whispers since there are so many people joining. The group of people with 550+ item level and ahead of the curve that want to do flex is simple larger then the group with 520 item level that wants to do flex. It is not strage the people want to group up with players with similar experience and gear of themselves.

It is dumb. Flex was meant for more casual groups or for groups that didn't/couldn't sit people. Like anything though, you get people that see Flex and go "Ah ha! Another chance at that tier/trinket/weapon that eludes me in Normal and Heroic!" and these are the people who expect 14/14 folks to join, or expect zero wipes, or demand that it be X many players only (I have actually seen this on OpenRaid; people saying in comments "Will only come if 15 or less people; more than 2 wipes and I drop.") because it doesn't share a lockout with Normal. Talk about entitlement!

The solution is to ignore these people; they aren't the kind of player you want to associate with.

Deleted
    Who the hell even does this? I've seen so many threads about this, but never a pug that demanded ridiculous ilvl or achievements, as they describe. Just find yourself a weekly flex group (or make one). I'm sure a lot of people are up for that, no matter which time you chose.

550+ is a perfectly valid requirement. Not everyone wants to progress at a snails pace on easy mode and carry under geared people. I get so many whispers when I ask for 550+ on open raid and I can pick and choose my raid comp easily.
    Mew!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    because you can get unlimited vp per week amirite
    Unless you have extremely poor judgement and are extremely frivolous with your valor then it's almost always possible to have enough to upgrade your best pieces each week.

Folks want to be carried. Not much to see here, really.

If you make your own group, you're sure to get responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It is dumb. Flex was meant for more casual groups or for groups that didn't/couldn't sit people. Like anything though, you get people that see Flex and go "Ah ha! Another chance at that tier/trinket/weapon that eludes me in Normal and Heroic!" and these are the people who expect 14/14 folks to join, or expect zero wipes, or demand that it be X many players only (I have actually seen this on OpenRaid; people saying in comments "Will only come if 15 or less people; more than 2 wipes and I drop.") because it doesn't share a lockout with Normal. Talk about entitlement!

The solution is to ignore these people; they aren't the kind of player you want to associate with.
    Unless you're trying to be anything more than a casual weekend player, in which case these are exactly the people you should be associating with.

If you're pushing Heroic SoO and for whatever reason you've got that one or two slots that you just can't seem to get Normal+ gear in then you should absolutely be running flex to try and patch it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Who the hell even does this? I've seen so many threads about this, but never a pug that demanded ridiculous ilvl or achievements, as they describe. Just find yourself a weekly flex group (or make one). I'm sure a lot of people are up for that, no matter which time you chose.
    There are folks on my server that ask for 540 for heroic scenarios, and for rep farming on TI (because someone at that ilvl even gives a shit about farming, I'm sure). You can't fix dumb, just laugh at it.

Deleted
    They are targetting a different audience, what's wrong with that? Plenty of groups for 520, and guild groups that probably don't ask for anything. Personally, I'm after a helm tier token, and I just order oqueue for ilvl. Do the same, join the lowest one and enjoy the wipes. Me, if there was a group asking for 560 instead of 550, I would join it. I already wipe and progress elsewhere.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-11-02 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    As a semi casual raider i can say that i barely did first part of lfr once and first 2-3 parts of flex, and i only play wow 6 hours (normal raiding) a week that means 2 raids. soo yeah if there would be an ahead of the curve for flex id stop normal raiding.

Deleted
    It needs to be understood that some people run Flex for very different reasons. Some run Flex as it is their main source of raiding action. Some, as mentioned in a previous post, are regular Normal/Heroic raiders and are only running Flex to try and get those pieces of loot which they can't seem to get in their Normal/Heroic runs. For example I'm currently raiding Heroic modes, and if it wasn't for Flex, I still wouldn't have my 4 set bonus. In this situation it is fine to ask for high requirements to ensure that the Flex run goes as smoothly as possible, as they are targeting the same audience that are in the same boat as the person forming it.

The problem is when people who are NOT in this position see these requirements as the norm and start asking the same high requirements in their raids. People with a lower ilvl than the minimum they are asking for, people who are just looking to be carried, people who are just plain bad players. These are the type of players who shouldn't be asking such huge requirements.

Start your own group. Require ilvl 400, with the Bane of the Fallen King achievement. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Meysam View Post
    Hey, thx to openraid.eu I managed to get the Spawn of Galakras mount and my heirloom weapon from Garrosh.
    I'm not a normal raider, since I can't play in the evenings, so I had to do LFR to see some of the content. With Flex being released I find that I can manage the content with a bit more challenge and less nerdrage, so thx Blizz for that!

However, why on earth would raidleaders forming those groups want an 'ahead of the curve' achievement for joining on their flex runs?! Isn't the whole idea of Flex that it's supposed to be more casual? Lately I've been seeing ads with 'LFM SoO Flex 4, 550+, link your 14/14 normal achie!'.

I get it that people want players with a bit of experience on the fights (especially Nazgrim, Blackfuse and Garrosh) but putting these conditions is way over the top imo...

Thoughts?
    Many players forming Flex are only using it for a secondary gearing option and not as a means of socializing and teaching others what they already know.

Even more are using it to find players that know MORE than they do and are attempting to get through content that they cannot on their own with players of their skill or lack thereof.

Much the same way as many raid leaders forming groups through Oque were posting for players with ilvls much higher than they have until it was apparently patched.

Any form of random match made cross server group is going to be used as a tool to QUICKLY accomplish whatever goal the person forming it has.

Why would I invite a bunch of LFR only players and spend 3 hours wiping on wing 4 when I can invite players who have completed it on normal and one shot everything? Option one makes little sence when all FLEX is goof for is the VERY OCCASIONAL mini tier or trinket drop.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

You can be 555+ and still need items from flex. It doesn't sound dumb to want to run flex with people of similar raid experience and gear level as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post

Conversely, why are the players who are treating Flex as progression and are ok with wiping all evening more desirable than a group of players who will go in and bust out a wing in less than an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Majority of the groups asking for high item levels or achievements aren't looking for carries. They're looking for people on the similar gear and experience level they are for an easy run. They don't want to have to explain mechanics to people or have the need to voice chat. It's supposed to be a quick 1-shot every boss type run.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-11-02 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Using Oque you can only ask for players of your ilvl or LOWER. How is this asking to be carried?

Deleted
    all the gear is 540 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.
    I have 534 on my alt I'm gearing at the moment and I have so, so many pieces that even LFR items can replace at the moment. Getting the legendary cape would bring me to ilvl 539 and that would leave 11 pieces in my gear below 540.

Yes, 11 pieces.

Requiring 14/14 normal is not a stupid requirement. It just means that the particular Flex group you're trying to get into is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i wouldnt bother with those raid groups

in my experience, those types of group leaders put those sorts of conditions in because they want people who have a higher chance to be overgeared, so they have a better shot at loot
    How would that work when flex loot is personal ?

Not true, I am a 568 ele sham and just got a trinket upgrade from flex. Still had a normal breath of the hydra, also would love to get a flex garrosh boa weapon on my main to use on my alt.