Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My Hunter is 555 and could still use 3 items out of flex (or normal, obviously). I'm the type of person who would create a run with a high ilvl requirement. Being "carried" has nothing to do with it. Trying to avoid carrying others has everything to do with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    all the gear is 540 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.
    My druid is 556 ilvl but I could get 557 if I got the neck from Immerseus aka. there might still be upgrades down there even if your average ilvl is higher than what drops down there.

I mostly bring alts and socials to avoid bad people. Openraid seems to be the new tradechat when it comes to finding bad groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm in a regular flex group with a 536 ilvl (WITH the legendary cloak at 608, and a 554 weapon), and I regular am top DPS in a group with 545-555 people, and it's mainly because I'm a semi-retired heroic progression raider. But when I joined this flex, I had a 526 ilevel, and I had to convince them to let me in, and they were *right* to question me, because except in very specific circumstances (IE mine, got in a car accident, had to quit not only heroic raiding but WoW in general for a period of time), a dedicated raider would have been able to do better than that,...

/headdesk.....

Flex isn't aimed at min/maxing dedicated raiders. THAT'S THE POINT OF THE THREAD. 526 is perfectly fine for the first half of flex and by time you clear that you're very likely to have a couple of 540 drops. If you LFRed that week, probably 1 or 2 more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    How do you get 556 without normal mode gear? Winning the world boss lottery ?
    Or crafteds. But you cannot get 550+ without either those or normal/heroic gear. Anyone who claims they're in all flex gear and 555+ is lying. Upgraded, flex gear is 548 and even the legendary likely wouldn't att more than 5 levels. So, up to 553 etc I could believe if they were very lucky with Flex drops and had plenty of VP, but not 555+ unless there was world boss loot or crafted loot.

Gotta love how everything is just broken down by ilvl nowadays. Since the people forming raids with random people really dont have any other way of knowing you, they'll set the ilvl requirement as high as they'd like in order to feel safe about trying the bosses with you in raid.

My alt priest is 553 and has only one piece of normal loot:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...histo/advanced

Been lucky with Ordos yes. Rolled tokens on Ordos/Celesitials every week.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-11-03 at 07:07 AM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Well get ppl w/o Ahead of Curve and try to kill Garrosh that will answer your question
    Even that achievement isnt guarantee nothing if you ask me i saw lots of ppl failing in simple mechanics and pretending that their mains are Heroic raiders

She got 2 warforged pieces from Ordos and one tier piece from the celestials, rest flex gear. The cloak obviously bloats ilvl by a lot.

Can't join flex groups because of high requirements, can't fill a flex group because everyone wants to be carried by people who meet the high requirements. Such is life.

It's a big game, with big douchebags scattered all over it. Make sure that you just avoid and ignore these people who require such achievement for something like Flex, if you still want to have fun in this game. Unfortunately, like what others mentioned before, they can require whatever they want since it's their raid, and their rules. Just make your group, or search for another one that has reasonable requirements.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    So please people, you might want to check armory as well as it gives a good idea about who you're dealing with..
    if someoen is blindly akcepting anyoen without chekcign armoury then he's and idiot and its his own fault - dont pointing it to you just into general audience -_-

pls for the love of god dont try to join the flex farm runs of the hc raiders and u wont have nay problem with ahead of the curve or even 560 itlv requirments - if u have problem with that pls make your own groups and dont try to join groups which main goal is to clear flex in around or less then 3 hours -_-

unless u have friends there who can vouch for u just dont try this will make the life easier for eveyrone - find your own skill lv groups and clear flex with them - yes it will take u 1-1.5 hour longer and possibly few wipes on garosh but ull save yourself frustration of not being picked up to groups -_-

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    Can't join flex groups because of high requirements, can't fill a flex group because everyone wants to be carried by people who meet the high requirements. Such is life.
    people are starting to get more careful on openraid since lately more and more weaker players are trying there luck there and experience raiders wnat groups to be filled with experienced raiders not with random i-completed-lfr-joes - there is nothing bad with that but such people try to join what are farm runs and they are dissapointed because a)they are not taken at all to farm runs b) they are geting kicked cause they do <50% dps of 2nd weakes dps in group -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well get ppl w/o Ahead of Curve and try to kill Garrosh that will answer your question
    Even that achievement isnt guarantee nothing if you ask me i saw lots of ppl failing in simple mechanics and pretending that their mains are Heroic raiders
    what i will say now will be probably considered by many as idiotic/elites/ruthless but the on;ly solution to it is instant kick - if someone dies on iron star - kick if someoen fails on garosh smash - kick , if people are geting lost in the whirlwind and dying on the other side - instant kick , if tank is geting one shoted in first phase cause he doesnt knwo how to use his cds - instant kick .
    u are most ofthen there with 12-20 other people whos time is valuable too and if people join a run which is labeled as "farm" and suddenly start looking liek a progress on garosh (and this is exackl what i meet in this week flex pug) - jsut be mean and kick all failures instead risking to disband group cause some sddenl;y decided they wanan learn on farm run.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Or crafteds. But you cannot get 550+ without either those or normal/heroic gear. Anyone who claims they're in all flex gear and 555+ is lying. Upgraded, flex gear is 548 and even the legendary likely wouldn't att more than 5 levels. So, up to 553 etc I could believe if they were very lucky with Flex drops and had plenty of VP, but not 555+ unless there was world boss loot or crafted loot.
    hm my hunter alt has 547 itlv and is sitll wearing 510 shoudlers/belt, 530 shado[pan trinket and ring and 536 lfr boots and only is wearing ordos neck and clestial pants and hands(rest is all u[pgraded flex nothign from normals since i didnt even touch normal on it) so i assume if someoen is lucky with ordos drops and has legendary cloak the 555 isnt out of his reach.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-11-03 at 10:13 AM.

Honestly, to all the ppl who call a rl that makes a group and puts a requirement on his raiders similar to his own progress selfish, your veiw of selfish/entitled is just wrong.
    Beacuse playing with ppl of similar gear and experience doesnt make you entitled, it makes you just/fair.
    Entitled/rediculus whould be when rl demands more from the ppl he invite then what he himself got, and charity/carrying/boosting is when a rl put significantly lower demands on his fellow raiders then on himself.

this thread is just hillarious, undergeared ppl are mad because good geared ppl rather play with ppl of similar gear and experience then boost ppl with lesser.

Yes its fucking stupid. Thats why I make my own groups and anyone linking their 14/14 achivement is NOT getting in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Yes its fucking stupid. Thats why I make my own groups and anyone linking their 14/14 achivement is NOT getting in.
    That's probably the most weird raid leader I've heard about this far. I don't want to join your flex runs, that's for sure.

Enjoy wiping then. I'm pretty sure i'm not alone on not wanting to join your groups

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it! You can have your own criteria for exclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    I admire you for the fact that you are prepared to take undergeared people on your runs and let them prove themselves but you have to accept that some people don't see flex as progress they simply see it as another avenue to filling gear slots quickly and thus want to ensure that they spend the least amount of time in there. Please don't see my last sentence as an attack on flex or any other mode I am a casual heroic raider and I think that LFR/Flex are a good thing.

As a final question what other limits do you feel should be put on people choosing who they invite to their group.
    While i believe a Raid Leader has the right to set whatever requirements they want, this entire discussion is pretty ironic. If Flex is being "mainly" used as another means for Normal/Heroic to augment themselves with additional gear is it serving it's main purpose? Blizzard indicates it was designed so Raiders could bring their lesser skilled friends along without having to bench them based on performance, and to support a more social PUG environment.

I really don't think there is a problem here, but I am curious how this system will develop going into the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    While i believe a Raid Leader has the right to set whatever requirements they want, this entire discussion is pretty ironic. If Flex is being "mainly" used as another means for Normal/Heroic to augment themselves with additional gear is it serving it's main purpose? Blizzard indicates it was designed so Raiders could bring their lesser skilled friends along without having to bench them based on performance, and to support a more social PUG environment.

I really don't think there is a problem here, but I am curious how this system will develop going into the next expansion.
    It will self-regulate. As long as you can find 560+ people with AotC needing gear from flex you will see that requeriments. When a group like that takes ages to fill (due to almost none of them requiring anything else from flex) requeriments will get lower, stabilizing around ~550 at most

Rofl, yeah you have fun with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysam View Post
    Hey, thx to openraid.eu I managed to get the Spawn of Galakras mount and my heirloom weapon from Garrosh.
    I'm not a normal raider, since I can't play in the evenings, so I had to do LFR to see some of the content. With Flex being released I find that I can manage the content with a bit more challenge and less nerdrage, so thx Blizz for that!

However, why on earth would raidleaders forming those groups want an 'ahead of the curve' achievement for joining on their flex runs?! Isn't the whole idea of Flex that it's supposed to be more casual? Lately I've been seeing ads with 'LFM SoO Flex 4, 550+, link your 14/14 normal achie!'.

I get it that people want players with a bit of experience on the fights (especially Nazgrim, Blackfuse and Garrosh) but putting these conditions is way over the top imo...

Thoughts?
    The requirements are the exact reasons why I haven't done flex. I get the feeling that they need to widdle out the incompetent but requirements like that are no worse than gearscore crap when it was horrible. I have tried to run my own flex but tanks on the server I belong to seem to be the worst to get. Flat out been told because my item level is 520 they wouldn't tank with retards or talk with them either. I've been a hardcore raider since BC, although my raiding schedule changed and I had to drop down from "hardcore" this expansion it doesn't mean I am incompetent. I still know my main and my only alt inside out and outside in. I still take raiding seriously and I still study the fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigrichard View Post
    Then there are the people who don't need to be "carried" because they know there class like me who want to do the content but can't because highly geared people judge me based on assumption and not even let me defend or prove I can pull my own weight. I hate being carried, but my definition of being carried is someone who doesn't want to do the work, and doesn't want to attack the boss and sits there and auto shoots or stabs.