Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Honestly, Ahead of the Curve needed for Flex?

Hey, thx to openraid.eu I managed to get the Spawn of Galakras mount and my heirloom weapon from Garrosh.
    I'm not a normal raider, since I can't play in the evenings, so I had to do LFR to see some of the content. With Flex being released I find that I can manage the content with a bit more challenge and less nerdrage, so thx Blizz for that!

However, why on earth would raidleaders forming those groups want an 'ahead of the curve' achievement for joining on their flex runs?! Isn't the whole idea of Flex that it's supposed to be more casual? Lately I've been seeing ads with 'LFM SoO Flex 4, 550+, link your 14/14 normal achie!'.

I get it that people want players with a bit of experience on the fights (especially Nazgrim, Blackfuse and Garrosh) but putting these conditions is way over the top imo...

Thoughts?

think theres lots of other threads with exactly the same topic. Yes its dumb. Answer: Make your own raid or find people with more reasonable requirements.

It's not dumb. The million other threads in here explain why. The RL wants a super fast and wipeless group, he will get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    It's not dumb. The million other threads in here explain why. The RL wants a super fast and wipeless group, he will get it.
    all the gear is 540 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.

The choice is simple, you either wait more before starting due to setting higher requirements and wipe less (or never) OR you set lower requirements, fill the group faster, but risk wiping more

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyofcode View Post
    all the gear is 548 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.
    FTFY

One of the things i look for when making my group is "does this guy have his best items upgraded"? If no then he is not entering the raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Their group, their rules. Don't like it? Find another, or start your own.

I can understand people doing that, maybe they just want to do a quick flex run to get a trinket or complete a set bonus, maybe the just want the valor, regardless of what they want from there, they obviously want it do be relatively quick and painless, and not have to hold hands or explain fights.

- - - Updated - - -

all the gear is 540 so asking for anyone with ilvl higher than or equal to that is silly all the raid leader wants is for his alt to be carried for gear.
    because it's impossible to have 540+ without a few weak slots?

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt bother with those raid groups

in my experience, those types of group leaders put those sorts of conditions in because they want people who have a higher chance to be overgeared, so they have a better shot at loot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Not really. I'm 547 on my RDruid, and I have probably half 530 gear. How? Legendary cloak is massive, and 561 items in other slots. If you have half 530 items, and half 560 items, your ilvl is 545. That doesn't mean you don't need gear from Flex, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i wouldnt bother with those raid groups

in my experience, those types of group leaders put those sorts of conditions in because they want people who have a higher chance to be overgeared, so they have a better shot at loot
    Are you even serious? we're talking about flex, and no. It's not the main concern. Majority of the people in wow are brain dead, seriously. I don't want to spend my personal time to wipe on some joke boss because mr paladin there can't heal, why would i want that?

That's not really the case. If you'd like to armory my main to verify what I'm about to say, be my guest, Rockandrye on Kil'jaeden, Resto Druid. I'm a 551 ilevel. I'll be setting up a flex raid over the weekend to breeze through all 4 parts consecutively. For that reason, I'll be asking for a 545 ilevel. Why? Not because I want to be "carried", but for what sarasun said, I want a quick, easy, wipeless run. There are tier pieces I need to pick up, as well as trinkets for my off spec. I'm sorry but I'm no one's daddy, and I don't have to teach random people I pull from trade a damn thing. If you want in my run your goals and expectations should be the same: Everyone in the group is geared, knows the fights, and expects no wipes.

The best thing about flex is that it's easy to set up yourself. You don't have a 545 ilevel? No biggy, a lot of people don't. Set up your own group. Set your own ilevel requirements.

It seems like people fail to realize they can do this. You don't HAVE to be a lazy ass that sits around all day hoping to find a group that will take you. MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP. Set your own standards. Take the initiative. Stop being lazy. When YOU make your own group, you invite whoever you want, at whatever ilevel you want. When I make MY group, give me the same decency I gave you with yours, and allow me to set MY own standards and expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post

One of the things i look for when making my group is "does this guy have his best items upgraded"? If no then he is not entering the raid
    because you can get unlimited vp per week amirite

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Their group, their rules. Don't like it? Find another, or start your own.
    Ok maybe i misphrased myself... i am in luck for being able to join a weekly 1-4 run which usually oneshots everything, so I wasnt talking about myself specifically. And it's not the itemlevel that concerns me. It's (as posted in the thread title) the 'ahead of the curve' achievement. I downed garrosh on flex every week and I feel confident enough to do it again. I dont have the ahead of the curve and i will probably not get it anytime soon. Í just think asking for that achievement is over the top and a 'downfall' achievement should cover it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    It's kinda silly, i agree. Quick glance at the char is almost always enough, but it make sense i guess, situations where you couldn't upgrade any of your major slots is kinda impossible. One thing that come to mind it's when you replaced something and now waiting to normal/flex drops to upgrade them maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty dumb I agree but you get that with these groups. Same thing happened in wotlk link achieve. People want someone with experience with the content already but aren't willing to give anybody a shot to get that experience. It's a huge fucking trap unless you know people basically. Their used to be a mod that would fake it for you.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's pretty dumb I agree but you get that with these groups. Same thing happened in wotlk link achieve. People want someone with experience with the content already but aren't willing to give anybody a shot to get that experience. It's a huge fucking trap unless you know people basically. Their used to be a mod that would fake it for you.
    Dude. It's flex. You can start a group yourself if there are so many people stuck without the achieve. Get together and kill whatever you wanted to kill. Please, don't come up with "I'm not a natural leader". That's a moot argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    oh yay this topic hasnt been done to death? just accept it, ppl who ask for these requirements want FAST and WIPELESS run, u are still free to make ur own or join one thats gonna set requirements lower

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds ironic but the easier the content the more likely I find you will experience elitism as a lot of people will join or create groups for this content and expect to breeze through it and get cheap loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    I never said EVERY slot, i said "best items". That means i expect everything from ordos/tier from celestial and some flex items upgraded. And that usually means 3-4 items TOTAL. Thats 2k valor points, 3k at most. And you could have them before patch day.

But yeah, if you don't play the char i agree 2k valors must be hard to get. Guess what? People that doesn't play said char is people i don't really want on my group

The only reason people require "550+,14/14 normal achie!" for Flex p4 is because there is plenty of people above those requirements still need flex. It's really as simple as that. I am in 570 gear with 9 hc bosses down but I still need to do flex to get a OS trinket so I can viably swap to ele on 1 heal fights and dark shaman (Need disc priest)

And tbh getting ilvl 540-550 is not really hard. I leveled a paladin alt in the start of T15 but barely played on it until this patch. Pre patch I think I had 520 gear on him and now after 2 weeks I am in 547 gear with 7 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes, 7 seconds played at 90. (No BoE items bought)
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-11-02 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Almost only guilds are left with some "social" influence when forming a group, the rest doesn't care about you but your performance. It's only logical that the leader will take the most certain way to win - rising ilvl + req. achievement is an effective way to ensure that. If he has to step down because the group doesn't get full he will do so, otherwise next time he will rise ilvl again - it doesn't even matter how the raids are going.