Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Congratulations to you sir!

Quick post about this, a few days ago there was a guy on the forum that claimed to have info on the Xpac.
    He did say "It will be called Warlords of Draenor" and will have this and this and this (not sure what he claimed).

ALOT of people as usual made him out to be a fool and said "Blizz will never call their Xpac that" etc. and that he was talking crap.
    Now ofcourse I understand where this comes from as he din't link a source... but here we are...a few days later.....with Warlords of Draenor trademarked... so I guess he might be right after all.

Not saying its 100% right, but I do think it was funny that he was correct.

Said poster also has only 1 post on a new account, edited by the owner of this website nonetheless (not a mod, THE FUCKING OWNER OF MMOCHAMP took it upon himself to edit this particular post)... and some believe it to be a misdirection by Blizzard or the staff of this forum.

I guess we will know for sure next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the spell misdirection. Ever since this one time.....
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Said poster also has only 1 post on a new account, edited by the owner of this website nonetheless (not a mod, THE FUCKING OWNER OF MMOCHAMP took it upon himself to edit this particular post)... and some believe it to be a misdirection by Blizzard or the staff of this forum.

I guess we will know for sure next week.
    Ummm he's not owner no more. Do some research before posting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I'm not a fan of the spell misdirection. Ever since this one time.....
    im guessing it was similar to my guilds hunters sending the trash to my lock in gruuls?

Oh, he wasn't a fool. Next friday will prove if we were fools. I think and hope we are.

Deleted
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that the OP of that thread stumbled across the trademark or website domain just as they were registered, and then went ahead an made a thread about it, claiming to have a leak.

None of the things he reported, beyond the title, made any sense what-so-ever. Having Grom as the main antagonist would be disastrous, as we just had his son as the main antagonist. He could be an important character, yes, but then the "leak" was wrong.

Deleted
    haha indeed.

he even wrote names of Blizzard guys that provided those information

but all those thread look so another poor spam by another troll so noone believed him :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that the OP of that thread stumbled across the trademark or website domain just as they were registered, and then went ahead an made a thread about it, claiming to have a leak.

None of the things he reported, beyond the title, made any sense what-so-ever. Having Grom as the main antagonist would be disastrous, as we just had his son as the main antagonist. He could be an important character, yes, but then the "leak" was wrong.
    He mentioned a real blizzard employee, edited out by Boub. That means that there IS something fishy going on here, I think the story will reveal next friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Fun fact: You can go back in time on these very forums, and find this very post, word for word, when the MoP trademark & domain registration popped up. And Cataclysm. And Wrath. And probably TBC though I wasn't paying much attention to forums back then.

Every single time, when the trademark pops up along with a confirmed domain registration and Boub says 'this is the real thing' there's a group of holdouts with their fingers in their ears shouting 'NU UH BLIZZ IS MESSIN WITH US IT R MISDRECTUN RITE GAIZ!'

Every.
    Single.
    Time.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Congratulations why? If the alleged plot of the expansion is as the OP mentioned it, then that's horrible beyond even Blizzard standards. Doesn't seem like something to be happy about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    He mentioned a real blizzard employee, edited out by Boub. That means that there IS something fishy going on here, I think the story will reveal next friday.
    It could be fishy, or it could not. It's not unthinkable that the guy found the names of a few employees and threw them in there. Heck, I can almost even see the MMO-Champion staff orchestrating the whole thing just to get us talking. It's all Blizzcon PR.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Ummm he's not owner no more. Do some research before posting stuff.
    You're arguing semantics just to be an annoying know-it-all douche. Shove it. I know it's owned by curse, whatever. For all intents and purposes, Boub is the highest ranking administrator and shot caller of the site.

Anyone got the original thread?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Fun fact: You can go back in time on these very forums, and find this very post, word for word, when the MoP trademark & domain registration popped up. And Cataclysm. And Wrath. And probably TBC though I wasn't paying much attention to forums back then.

Every single time, when the trademark pops up along with a confirmed domain registration and Boub says 'this is the real thing' there's a group of holdouts with their fingers in their ears shouting 'NU UH BLIZZ IS MESSIN WITH US IT R MISDRECTUN RITE GAIZ!'

Every.
    Single.
    Time.

Different case. In this case, if the OP was right (and Boub's thoughts on that support that) then Blizzard is delving into the worst storyline ever with the next expansion. That calls for disbelief.

Also, Boub is not infallible. He's not some omniscient deity who gets everything right. In fact, he has been wrong three times now? In the span of a few months? So yeah-no. Continue worshiping Boub all you want, but don't go around implying or assuming others are crazy for not mindlessly following him.

Every.
    Single.
    Time.
    Whatever. I'm not arguing one way or the other whether or not it's true or false. I'm just pointing out the information as I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Different case. In this case, if the OP was right (and Boub's thoughts on that support that) then Blizzard is delving into the worst storyline ever with the next expansion. That calls for disbelief.
    Oh hey look, another word-for-word rehash of old posts. "Arthas? Jesus Blizz, dumbest idea EVER." "Deathwing? Isn't he dead? DUMBEST STORYLINE EVER." And I'm pretty sure we don't need to quote the pages and pages of 'lol i r so iriginal n funneh 4 sayin kung foo pandaz'.

Every expansion has been the 'worst storyline ever'. Every single one. Man, I hope you're not one of the people who complains about rehashing old content, because you're doing it like you were writing from a copy-paste of old posts.

Also, Boub is not infallible. He's not some omniscient deity who gets everything right. In fact, he has been wrong three times now? In the span of a few months? So yeah-no. Continue worshiping Boub all you want, but don't go around implying or assuming others are crazy for not mindlessly following him.
    There's a difference, though, between a cautious 'maybe' and a 'this is it'. Some people take 'maybe' and run with it and get mad when 'maybe' turns out to be 'maybe not'.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Oh hey look, another word-for-word rehash of old posts. "Arthas? Jesus Blizz, dumbest idea EVER." "Deathwing? Isn't he dead? DUMBEST STORYLINE EVER." And I'm pretty sure we don't need to quote the pages and pages of 'lol i r so iriginal n funneh 4 sayin kung foo pandaz'.

Every expansion has been the 'worst storyline ever'. Every single one. Man, I hope you're not one of the people who complains about rehashing old content, because you're doing it like you were writing from a copy-paste of old posts.

There's a difference, though, between a cautious 'maybe' and a 'this is it'. Some people take 'maybe' and run with it and get mad when 'maybe' turns out to be 'maybe not'.

Funny, when I haven't ever complained about any expansion before. But way to assume!

The worst you could hold against me is that I was a bit so-so on Mists of Pandaria at first, not sure whether to believe it, and eventually thinking that it would bring us some interesting possibilities as time passed.

The plot that was summarized by the opening post of the 'future of wow', however, was horrible. Going back in time to an unbroken Draenor to put down an evil Grommash Hellscream? You really don't see any problem with that concept?

1. Back in time: Going back in time and changing things would change the future and effectively make a lot of what we did in vanilla worthless. Killing Grommash at a certain point in time could also mean Garrosh never came to be, and thus his conquest in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, and the Siege of Orgrimmar will not have happened. Mists of Pandaria will have been different, because Garrosh never unleashed the Sha, and in turn -- there would have never been the Horde conquest that first led the Alliance and Horde to battle on Pandaria.

2. Another orc villain: Grommash Hellscream. Not only another evil orc, but directly Garrosh's daddy. I'm sure people will be stoked to fight yet another orc; the daddy of the previous expansion's villain.

Those are two major peeves if I go with the OP of that thread as something viable, which Boub's post only supports. However, even if it isn't true, it still means:

We go to Draenor, where we've been before. We'll likely be spending at least the majority of the time there, instead of some new and exciting place like.. Argus? The South Seas? Ny'alotha? Xoroth? We're essentially going back and forth. So what? We'll never leave Outland or Azeroth because we'll just keep alternating between the two for new expansions?

Not even sure what to think of that last paragraph? It doesn't refute what I said at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Funny, when I haven't ever complained about any expansion before. But way to assume!

The worst you could hold against me is that I was a bit so-so on Mists of Pandaria at first, not sure whether to believe it, and eventually thinking that it would bring us some interesting possibilities as time passed.

The plot that was summarized by the opening post of the 'future of wow', however, was horrible. Going back in time to an unbroken Draenor to put down an evil Grommash Hellscream? You really don't see any problem with that concept?

1. Back in time: Going back in time and changing things would change the future and effectively make a lot of what we did in vanilla worthless. Killing Grommash at a certain point in time could also mean Garrosh never came to be, and thus his conquest in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, and the Siege of Orgrimmar will not have happened. Mists of Pandaria will have been different, because Garrosh never unleashed the Sha, and in turn -- there would have never been the Horde conquest that first led the Alliance and Horde to battle on Pandaria.

2. Another orc villain: Grommash Hellscream. Not only another evil orc, but directly Garrosh's daddy. I'm sure people will be stoked to fight yet another orc; the daddy of the previous expansion's villain.

Those are two major peeves if I go with the OP of that thread as something viable, which Boub's post only supports. However, even if it isn't true, it still means:

We go to Draenor, where we've been before. We'll likely be spending at least the majority of the time there, instead of some new and exciting place like.. Argus? The South Seas? Ny'alotha? Xoroth? We're essentially going back and forth. So what? We'll never leave Outland or Azeroth because we'll just keep alternating between the two for new expansions?

Not even sure what to think of that last paragraph? It doesn't refute what I said at all.
    The leak and the name are two different things. The name is what we're getting. I'd bet IRL money on that. The leak? I believe there will be time travel involved. As I said in another thread - the appearance of the Timewalkers at the end of MoP, and the vision of Soridormi's death in that questline, is too random and disconnected to the events of the rest of MoP. Back in Wrath, Sartharion, the appearance of Twilight cultists in Northrend, and Halion all seemed pretty random and disconnected from the main storyline of Arthas and the Scourge -- but looking back at it later, they were a perfect bridge to the events of Cataclysm. It was a moment of 'Oh, so THAT'S what was going on there...' you know what I mean?

If - IF - Grom is going to be the antagonist this time around, I suspect it will have to do with the the Infinites. And I suspect in the end we will not be there to kill him, but rather to save him and ensure that Azerothian history as we know it actually happens as we know it. The end of Cataclysm, with End Time and Well of Eternity, are the only times our time travel adventures haven't been focused on making sure that the history we know - as bloody and miserable as it is - actually happens. And I suspect the fact that we DID interfere with time in order to change things instead of making sure they happened the same way is going to end up being a factor.

Jumoing straight to 'OMG we're going to kill him this is SO STUPID' is premature. There are a lot of pretty cool ways it could play out given half a chance.