Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What if Warlords of Draenor isn't what we think?

Although a WoW expansion on Draenor would be great, the name just won't do it for me; it doesn't seem "right" for a WoW expansion.

The name would make much more sense as an expansion for Hearthstone, similar to its current name "Heroes of Warcraft". Imagine in it for a second - Hearthstone: Warlords of Draenor. The problem is that Hearthstone hasn't even been released yet and it's way too early to trademark an expansion for it. Maybe Blizzard is trying to put us off? We'll have our answer in a week...
    Last edited by mmoc2c2bcbefc4; 2013-11-02 at 09:53 AM.

I think it would be a fantastic "soft" prequel to WOW/WC1.

Imagine, a game that's separate to WOW but in the WOW universe and also a MMO. Maybe even F2P.

Same system we know and love but a reset.

Frankly WOW lost some of its magic when it became too serious. Imagine a new MMO about the size of a WOW expansion... with most of the classes and abilities we know already... but without 10 years of baggage.
    Last edited by jamesx; 2013-11-02 at 09:59 AM. Reason: clearing it up....

Deleted
    The only reason the name doesn't "seem right" is because you're not used to it yet. Remember Cataclysm? Seemed weird at first too.

It doesn't matter what name they choose, it will always seem weird at first.

Well, everybody was thinking Mists of Pandaria is a joke too. But it's logical, there are only 2 old gods left, Nzoth under sea and nameless somewhere (outland? eredar?). Also time travels... Kairoz and his vision (One Final Turn quest), vision shows Soridormi dying, whats mean there is a traitor who want change timeline (probably).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Well, everybody was thinking Mists of Pandaria is a joke too. But it's logical, there are only 2 old gods left, Nzoth under sea and nameless somewhere (outland? eredar?). Also time travels... Kairoz and his vision (One Final Turn quest), vision shows Soridormi dying, whats mean there is a traitor who want change timeline (probably).
    This is why I believe there's going to be some involvement of time travel in WoD - how much remains to be seen, but still. It is probably going to be a fairly major factor. The Timewalkers as a faction are too out of left field for the rest of Pandaria, and Soridormi's death too random and unconnected to any of the events of MoP thus far. It HAS to be a connection to the next expansion, the same way Sartharion/Halion/the appearance of the twilight drakes and Twilight's Hammer cultists in Northrend seemed unconnected to the events of Wrath at the time but in retrospect made a perfect bridge to the events of Cataclysm.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have already been on Draenor in game, makes me wonder where the heck it would take place if it the name reflected the place where the expansion takes place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever expansion we will get, Blizzard has done good in keeping the next expansion somewhat secret and mysterious. This is good

But then, what if we're to explore the other parts of the planet that got apart? We know that Draenor exploded, it could be very likely some parts remain unknown to us.
    Last edited by Alwek; 2013-11-02 at 11:17 AM.

I hade the same thought as you, OP

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This could very well just be another red herring like The Dark Below, or a misinterpretation like Heroes of the Storm.

Count the days till we know for sure!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    No no no. Both mising old gods are on Azeroth and different ones might be on Outland. But assuming a timetravel expansion is a good idea: why would we travel back time on outland? Wouldn't we stay on Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard did a 180 on us to make are brains brake as we are 1 week from Blizzcon & making people even more exicted.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I think Blizzard did a 180 on us to make are brains brake as we are 1 week from Blizzcon & making people even more exicted.
    Would be nice if there was more official excitement for once. I see more shitstorms than excitement, but well that's just normal. New X-pac Shitstorms like every 2 years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    We have already been on Draenor in game, makes me wonder where the heck it would take place if it the name reflected the place where the expansion takes place.
    We've been to Outland- Draenor is the planet before it got shattered

http://wowpedia.org/Draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    We've been to Outland- Draenor is the planet before it got shattered

http://wowpedia.org/Draenor
    Already aware of that - point was more that we have already been on what's left of draenor, either the name do not reflect the locations or there is time travel involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm banking on it being something other than the expac. Reserving judgement for the actual reveal and details, because so far we have jack-squat.
    A lot of people on this forum are very quick to jump on board becaue their TBC nostalgists. Fact is we know little to nothing even about this proposed leak.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Already aware of that - point was more that we have already been on what's left of draenor, either the name do not reflect the locations or there is time travel involved.
    Makes sense with the whole timeless isle lead up to the next expansion. travel back in time to draenor and ensure it explodes!

All the people thinking it's definitely a time travel... it makes sense, sure, but we don't know SHIT. There's so much Blizzard can do on Draenor that wouldn't collide with the lore, bah, they can even add more to it, after all they own it. Just wait and you'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the posibility that the expansion involves going to Argus if there's no time travel, but remains to be seen.

I'm hoping Warlords of Draenor is actually Warcraft 4
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think WoD could be connected to Warcraft 4 & the 20th anniversary next year, Blizzard knows a name like that could drive people crazy. But also looking at the trademark it does look like a WoW Xpac Trademark, it has the exact same 9 & 41 as The Dark Below & MoP had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm hoping Warlords of Draenor is actually Warcraft 4
    Believe with me, As people do with The Dark Below. We have nothing to lose until next Friday its gunna be a fun week.

Don't stop believing !!, weither we are wrong or not, it's the fun part of speculation you can think outside the box without a 100% answer.

Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-02 at 02:33 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.