Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Are you really going to compare something that doesn't require a tank or healer and only 3 people to a challenging 5 man heroic that requires both a tank and healer?
    Yes? I don't find it very difficult to find a dungeon group with addons like oqueue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    I don't see anyone bitching about having to find people for Heroic Scenarios, do you?
    There was, but then players said screw it and queued for LFR. It does suck for those of us who are willing and accept the risk of random groups yet cant have that option because of those who dont like the risk of random groups yet refuse to form their own groups.
    Yes? I don't find it very difficult to find a dungeon group with addons like oqueue.
    Thankfully we the players once again have such an option that unbinds us from cities and trade chat with the added benefits of cross realm. It is sad Blizzard removed such an option due to unmoderated griefers and propping up of the LFD system.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-11-06 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Ok so I got one question for complainers:
    If you cant find anything enjoyable in the game, why do you keep playing it?
    Because it can easily go back to being fun with a few minor adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    My point was that comparing playing a game to having sex is pretty ridiculous. Also, the game will always award raid-level gear to non-raiders in some way or another. If I farm about 100K gold I guarantee that six months from now I'll be able to pay a 14/14H guild to carry me through the raid and hand me the reward mount to boot. That's how meaningful your in-game rewards are.
    Farming 100K gold means putting effort and time in the game. By doing that you deserve that gear.

Ok so I got one question for complainers:
    If you cant find anything enjoyable in the game, why do you keep playing it?
    How else would they fill time other than bitching about what should be changed?

But seriously, I still don't get the mentality that they *must* play WoW. I even pointed out there are alternative MMO's a number of pages ago. The answer was that all the other MMOs aim towards raiding as an end-game. I think that the actual answer is this:

There are people with far too much spare time, but a huge lack of commitment or desire to be communal playing WoW.

I can't explain it any other way. For some reason, they persist in playing WoW, yet want no affiliation with what are clearly major parts of its gameplay - if they weren't, this would never be a topic. Yet, instead of moving on to something else, they just keep bitching and moaning and hoping that one day they'll break the game and have it there way.

As soon as that happens, I can guarantee they'll complain about the following:

A. It doesn't feel the same any more.
    B. It's too easy.
    C. There's still nothing to do for their now even more specific niche.

Farming 100K gold means putting effort and time in the game. By doing that you deserve that gear.
    1) 100k is easy
    2) it takes like 300-400k for a carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Players devour content at such a fast rate now that it is hard to deliver the amount of quality you want while also being able to deliver the quantity needed to keep the playerbase subscribed! It's rather obvious to see where they get in trouble with this one.. they want to shoot out high quality stuff but then "nothign to do F it unsubbing" so they have to rush shit out faster than ever to keep people interested!
    That's because of the overly repetitive nature of current content. After running the same set of dailies for a week of course players will say, "Now what?" Two weeks later after they've repeated every dungeon three times of course they will say, "Now what?" It's not players' fault that Blizzard gutted the levelling experience with heirlooms and fast track buffs. That used to be enough to keep players occupied but Blizzard shot themselves in the foot by devaluing that experience. The reason raid content lasts longer is because it takes months to acquire the gear required to work through the entire instance, not because players enjoy it so much. That's not to say that some players don't enjoy it, but it's not going to appeal to those casual players who are consuming content so quickly. It's Blizzard's own fault that they turned the levelling experience into an expedited faceroll that's viewed as a grind to the end game rather than as a rewarding journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    There was, but then players said screw it and queued for LFR. It does suck for those of us who are willing and accept the risk of random groups yet cant have that option because of those who dont like the risk of random groups yet refuse to form their own groups.

Thankfully we the players once again have such an option that unbinds us from cities and trade chat with the added benefits of cross realm. It is sad Blizzard removed such an option due to unmoderated griefers and propping up of the LFD system.
    They could introduce LFG Heroics that are really difficult if they aren't designed to be a part of the main gear progression, but rather a supplement. And then just slap on a disclaimer that says they aren't responsible for groups collapsing.

You do realize getting rid of LFD would mean no cross realm which would mean no oqueue right? So again, you use an addon not trade or your guild.......which brings me back to my point of people (not me, I don't pug) would be pissed if they couldn't queue up and had to put in effort to form a group.
    "Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

That's because of the overly repetitive nature of current content. After running the same set of dailies for a week of course players will say, "Now what?" Two weeks later after they've repeated every dungeon three times of course they will say, "Now what?" It's not players' fault that Blizzard gutted the levelling experience with heirlooms and fast track buffs. That used to be enough to keep players occupied but Blizzard shot themselves in the foot by devaluing that experience. The reason raid content lasts longer is because it takes months to acquire the gear required to work through the entire instance, not because players enjoy it so much. That's not to say that some players don't enjoy it, but it's not going to appeal to those casual players who are consuming content so quickly. It's Blizzard's own fault that they turned the levelling experience into an expedited faceroll that's viewed as a grind to the end game rather than as a rewarding journey.
    The levelling experience kept people busy? That makes no sense. Most people *hate* levelling. Questing was added as answer to Everquest's age old problem of just killing mobs over and over to level up.

The quests in WoW are some of the most interesting and varied you'll find anywhere. Fact. Beyond inventing brand new experiences *CONSTANTLY* to keep the people described busy, how is it Blizzard's fault? I thought these people didn't have enough time to invest in the game or gear up.

No one can stop your from fostering toxic game play, but then don't turn around and blame LFR for the community's decline when you consciously made a decision to exclude new and/or lesser skilled players from your raids.
    Toxic game play? My guild had a great environment, including real life meetings. LFD/LFR is the real source of toxicity in this game.

Would your business turn down customers because they aren't using your technology they way you think it should be used?
    Care the explain what kind of train wreck of a thought process got you to think that's somehow analogous? This is completely unrelated, but my business works with systems integrators, we don't sell directly to customers. However, I have good friends at the top rated custom software development house (also one of the highest rated employers around here), and yes, they do turn away customers all the time who don't share their vision of how software should be developed. They get to pick their customers, so they pick the ones that best match the way they do things. There's nothing wrong with that, they have no obligation to serve anyone they don't want.

That's why LFR exists, and given that you've gone out of the way to avoid educating new and/or inexperienced players I don't think it's reasonable for you to blame the community's decline on optional features.
    I went out of my way to play the game in the way I enjoyed, apparently you think I have some kind of obligation to run a school inside the game. I'll do that as soon as Blizzard starts paying me my hourly rate.

The one thing that you and I agree on is that Blizzard should create more content for those players that you deem to be "undesirable." However, you seem to be ignoring the fact that the content you prefer would suffer as a result.
    I don't deem anyone "undesirable", please point out where I said that since you use quotation marks. I just happened to want to get a certain kind of raiding experience and structured a guild based on that. I have no problem with others having content. And by the way, the kind of content I would prefer was removed from the game. As a result I don't pay Blizzard anymore.

They could introduce LFG Heroics that are really difficult if they aren't designed to be a part of the main gear progression, but rather a supplement. And then just slap on a disclaimer that says they aren't responsible for groups collapsing.
    Yeah, that would teach some players--- LFG Heroic raid with equal difficulty to Heroic raids. That would be fun to see, river of tears everywhere.

Then the game is not suited for them! There are plenty of other games on the market.
    Agreed, but Blizzard would rather that my $15 go into their bank accounts than into their competitors'. That's just how business works. There are elite clubs, and they're typically non-profit ventures that are exclusively funded by the patrons themselves. Blizzard isn't one of those.

You just cant get the same rewards as some who plays 6 times more than you, if you havent noticed, this games is also about competition.
    This game is about providing players with a fun experience. Some players enjoy competition, and this game tries to provide some of that. However, this game is also a RPG, and for some players the experience is more about having a character who grows and progresses from week to week. Blizzard is telling these players that the only way for them to continue experiencing that is to raid, and they're not buying it. That's not the players' problem. Like you said, they'll find other games to play. That's Blizzard's problem because their revenue is taking the hit.
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You do realize getting rid of LFD would mean no cross realm which would mean no oqueue right? So again, you use an addon not trade or your guild.......which brings me back to my point of people (not me, I don't pug) would be pissed if they couldn't queue up and had to put in effort to form a group.
    I never mentioned getting rid of LFD, and removing LFD would certainly not remove the cross-realm functionalities.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that would teach some players--- LFG Heroic raid with equal difficulty to Heroic raids. That would be fun to see, river of tears everywhere.
    Or perhaps having Heroic Dungeons require a Platinum grade in Proving Grounds or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Raiding is boring.
    Then don't be a twat and play some good single player RPG's. Theres fucktons out there.

It's like buying Call of Duty or Battlefield for the singleplayer campaign at full price and then complain the game isn't offering enough gameplay.

Or perhaps having Heroic Dungeons require a Platinum grade in Proving Grounds or something.
    No no no, it must be Hard content with easy access, so they would jump right in and get one shotted every 15 sec. Learning the hard way.

So you're acknowledging that players can put in effort and time in order to obtain rewards without raiding. I believe we're getting somewhere now. The whole point of this thread is that Blizzard can provide fun activities that require effort and time without committing to schedules or dragging nine other people along for the ride. For many of us five other players is the sweet spot. For some of us (not me, personally) solo play is adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Then don't be a twat and play some good single player RPG's. Theres fucktons out there.

It's like buying Call of Duty or Battlefield for the singleplayer campaign at full price and then complain the game isn't offering enough gameplay.
    I have tried saying this over and over but it's like talking to a wall.
    "Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

No no no, it must be Hard content with easy access, so they would jump right in and get one shotted every 15 sec. Learning the hard way.
    That doesn't seem productive for a good player that queues just to kill time.

This game is about providing players with a fun experience. Some players enjoy competition, and this game tries to provide some of that. However, this game is also a RPG, and for some players the experience is more about having a character who grows and progresses from week to week. Blizzard is telling these players that the only way for them to continue experiencing that is to raid, and they're not buying it. That's not the players' problem. Like you said, they'll find other games to play. That's Blizzard's problem because their revenue is taking the hit.
    "Fun experience" isnt a set thing, for some its just doing dailies, for some its competition in PvP or PvE, for others its running old raids... everyone has something else that he deems as funny.
    If someone enjoys doing quests , then he does not need Heroic raid gear. If someone enjoys PvP , then he wont raid. If players doesnt enjoy anything, that why is he playing?

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't seem productive for a good player that queues just to kill time.
    It shouldnt be productive, it should give the players who "cannot commit" to schedule easy access to Heroic Raids, killing it is up to the group itself.
    And as you said: "And then just slap on a disclaimer that says they aren't responsible for groups collapsing. " (even thought you meant it for 5-mans I assume)