I think LFR could be greatly improved by going to a more oqueue-like system for queuing, instead of the current totally automated system. Make it "Flex Lite".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    WoW was always all about raid. I see complaints on a high level. Back in the days, vanilla was casual unfriendly (in the eyes of many), since then blizzard had implemented so much more options for every type of player. And still it's not enough. Some people should think about that.
    Dungeons, in Vanilla and BC, were their own endgame content. A lot of people would be happy to just run dungeons and do quests with some casual PvP thrown in there. Unfortunately, MoP has done away with dungeons and replaced them with the much more time-consuming, toxic and unfun garbage that is LFR. Dungeons provided a lot of very enjoyable content for a lot of people, and their absence is being felt all across the player spectrum. That's what changed with MoP, and that's what the next expansion needs to rectify.
    Shahad , Kevkul , Shaithan
    <Magdalena's pet>

Herald of the Titans
    WoW was always all about raid. I see complaints on a high level. Back in the days, vanilla was casual unfriendly (in the eyes of many), since then blizzard had implemented so much more options for every type of player. And still it's not enough. Some people should think about that.
    I actually disagree that vanilla was casual unfriendly. It was more difficult than it is now to get to raids (heck, to max level) and participate in them, yes. It wasn't much more difficult to quest and explore, if you enjoyed that kind of thing, and that's typical casual stuff.

WoW was always all about raid.
    Why do people keep saying this? It's totally false.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think LFR could be greatly improved by going to a more oqueue-like system for queuing, instead of the current totally automated system. Make it "Flex Lite".
    Or, go with Flex, Heroic Flex, Normal, Heroic. That naming scheme would be far more elegant.
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    There's more to MMO's than raiding, obviously.
    there is technically... but 70% of blizzards MMO experience revolves around raiding, the other 30 is pvp, big woop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I actually disagree that vanilla was casual unfriendly. It was more difficult than it is now to get to raids (heck, to max level) and participate in them, yes. It wasn't much more difficult to quest and explore, if you enjoyed that kind of thing, and that's typical casual stuff.
    he means raiding was casual unfriendly, noone disputes that the exploration wasnt

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    there is technically... but 70% of blizzards MMO experience revolves around raiding, the other 30 is pvp, big woop.
    You are talking about different things. Your opponent is talking about what people enjoy in MMOs and how they play them, and you are talking about what Blizzard currently offers in WoW.

Maybe that's what you meant...
    Last edited by rda; 2013-11-07 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Which defeats the purpose of LFR, to let terrible players down raid bosses.

People would pass over the crap players like the do now and did before, and te bad players would be upset that we're being so elitist for not accepting them without gens or enchants.

Casual, AND exciting?

Aren't those kinda contradictory.

Oh...it's another thread about people who don't have time to play but still want everything.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Dungeons, in Vanilla and BC, were their own endgame content. A lot of people would be happy to just run dungeons and do quests with some casual PvP thrown in there. Unfortunately, MoP has done away with dungeons and replaced them with the much more time-consuming, toxic and unfun garbage that is LFR. Dungeons provided a lot of very enjoyable content for a lot of people, and their absence is being felt all across the player spectrum. That's what changed with MoP, and that's what the next expansion needs to rectify.
    the only way to rectify that would be to take away JP and VP. you can say blizzard killed them all you want but the reality is people only want to run dungeons these days in a quick and efficient manner to get their points capped for the week, so the blame is on both parties

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Which defeats the purpose of LFR, to let terrible players down raid bosses.

People would pass over the crap players like the do now and did before, and te bad players would be upset that we're being so elitist for not accepting them without gens or enchants.
    The purpose of LFR is to offer an on-demand raiding experience to people who can't commit to a schedule. Says nothing about baddies.
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are talking about different things. Your opponent is talking about what people enjoy in MMOs and how they play them, and you are talking about what Blizzard currently offers in WoW.

Maybe that's what you meant...
    you missed the point, i wasn't arguing with him, i was agreeing with him, but also stating that WoW is more focused on the END rather than the journey, or having other cool fun things to do. and no... dailies are neither cool nor fun despite what GC would like to think

The game was about community. If they get that back people will come back. They can throw out as many LFR achievements and Online Store Mounts as they want, but people will continue to leave. I miss my WoW friends ... I can't say that with other game.

Legendary!
    The purpose of LFR is to offer an on-demand raiding experience to people who can't commit to a schedule. Says nothing about baddies.
    that is is on a level several steps below easy shows its meant for baddies
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

the only way to rectify that would be to take away JP and VP. you can say blizzard killed them all you want but the reality is people only want to run dungeons these days in a quick and efficient manner to get their points capped for the week, so the blame is on both parties
    The way to rectify that is to add dungeons back as real content. Justice badges were fine in BC, as were emblems in Wrath, and dungeons were still heaps of fun. The fault for the decay of dungeons is entirely on Blizzard's and their silly excuse about dungeons conflicting with raid tiers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    that is is on a level several steps below easy shows its meant for baddies
    It's not MEANT for baddies. They don't have a choice to make it easy because baddies will still queue for it regardless of it's difficulty.
    <Magdalena's pet>

Herald of the Titans
    you missed the point, i wasn't arguing with him, i was agreeing with him, but also stating that WoW is more focused on the END rather than the journey, or having other cool fun things to do. and no... dailies are neither cool nor fun despite what GC would like to think
    Yes, sorry, I misunderstood. I absolutely agree.

The way to rectify that is to add dungeons back as real content. Justice badges were fine in BC, as were emblems in Wrath, and dungeons were still heaps of fun. The fault for the decay of dungeons is entirely on Blizzard's and their silly excuse about dungeons conflicting with raid tiers.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not MEANT for baddies. They don't have a choice to make it easy because baddies will still queue for it regardless of it's difficulty.
    yes but what you are forgetting is that blizzard tried to do that with cataclysm dungeons at launch, they were longer, told more of a story, and had really neat things about them... 70% of the player base hated them because it was slowing down their JP and VP farm. i hate to break this to you man but there are more people out there who want instant gratification than those wanting to be explorers and be trapped in a 5 man with people who dont know what they are doing for an hour... maybe if they add some dungeons that arent part of the LFG tool and offer different rewards aside from the challenge modes but even then, watch how many people actually do that content if the rewards arent substantial. Oh and blizzard also tried making dungeons content Via scenarios, most people hated those too, found them boring, rewards werent good enough to do them, etc...
    Last edited by Terielx1; 2013-11-07 at 03:27 PM.

That's pretty subjective. I felt the 5.1 and 5.2 progressively structured dailies were really nice and helped tell the story of their parts of the expansion. The solo-scenarios in 5.2 hurt the replayability in terms of undergeared non-DPS alts, but the progressive unlocking concept was imho pretty solid. 5.3 Barrens and 5.4 Timeless Isle on the other hand struggle to tell a story, and certainly don't do anything to make me want to go back there and see what's going on, because the answer to that is, basically nothing :S

It was not MoP, it was wrath where LFD was introduced. Turned dungeons into an AoE fragfest to maximize the badge income without any lockouts and difficulty. Sure, i can imagine that the current options are not very attractive, but they are also some sort of result about the complaints, that wow was not casual enough. You are getting what you asking for.

I had my best times in the good old dungeons with strangers from my server to build up relationships. I miss that. Really, but that doesn't fit the current strange expectations some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Stop being so entitled because you pay a monthly sub, if you can't find the time to fully explore the games content the way it was meant to that's your tough luck.

Blizzard is no way obligated to cater to self entitled whiners when there is still a lot of players out there actively raiding who deserve far more attention.
    You both missed the point of the whole damn thread.
    We ask for something exciting to do, not gear for logging in.
    And before the usual "but you got lfr and dungeons", we ask for EXCITING content

If anything, you are the one thinking you deserve more attention than others
    You seem to forget that to blizzard we are all just some money and some server load.
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻