1. #2241
    Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    yes but what you are forgetting is that blizzard tried to do that with cataclysm dungeons at launch, they were longer, told more of a story, and had really neat things about them... 70% of the player base hated them because it was slowing down their JP and VP farm. i hate to break this to you man but there are more people out there who want instant gratification than those wanting to be explorers and be trapped in a 5 man with people who dont know what they are doing for an hour... maybe if they add some dungeons that arent part of the LFG tool and offer different rewards aside from the challenge modes but even then, watch how many people actually do that content if the rewards arent substantial. Oh and blizzard also tried making dungeons content Via scenarios, most people hated those too, found them boring, rewards werent good enough to do them, etc...
    They were bad because they were difficult for LFD tool assembled groups. They were fine for those of us who went there with people we knew. LFD dungeons can afford to be easier, pre-mades like Heroic Scenarios could afford to bring that back.

  2. #2242
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think LFR could be greatly improved by going to a more oqueue-like system for queuing, instead of the current totally automated system. Make it "Flex Lite".
    I think LFR could be greatly improved if they removed it and all the cross realm stuff right along with it.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

  3. #2243
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I think LFR could be greatly improved if they removed it and all the cross realm stuff right along with it.
    And... what effect would that have? What would happen next in your opinion? Would less or more players raid? What would others do? How many will leave the game or join it because of the change?

  4. #2244
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's pretty subjective. I felt the 5.1 and 5.2 progressively structured dailies were really nice and helped tell the story of their parts of the expansion. The solo-scenarios in 5.2 hurt the replayability in terms of undergeared non-DPS alts, but the progressive unlocking concept was imho pretty solid. 5.3 Barrens and 5.4 Timeless Isle on the other hand struggle to tell a story, and certainly don't do anything to make me want to go back there and see what's going on, because the answer to that is, basically nothing :S
    ok my mistake, i agree that the story telling aspect was cool, but even then... you got a story progression quest every rep increase, so after all is said and done, its still just dailies

  5. #2245
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Casual, AND exciting?

    Aren't those kinda contradictory.

    Oh...it's another thread about people who don't have time to play but still want everything.
    Oh, its another post about how nothing can be difficult without requiring 6 hours without breaks

    And no, casual and exciting are just as contradictory as raid and pve

    Edit: Give me content so difficult even world top 10 players will cry themselves to sleep, and ill be happy about my new exciting content.
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  6. #2246
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They were bad because they were difficult for LFD tool assembled groups. They were fine for those of us who went there with people we knew. LFD dungeons can afford to be easier, pre-mades like Heroic Scenarios could afford to bring that back.
    which is why i think they should add dungeon content that is separate from the JP/VP grind content that is also different dungeons, so we arent running the same shit 50 thousand times in 3 different ways...

  7. #2247
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    And... what effect would that have? What would happen next in your opinion? Would less or more players raid? What would others do? How many will leave the game or join it because of the change?
    People would either learn to use their guild for Flex or trade chat.........I know, I know, having to rely on others to do content in an MMO is the end of the world!
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

  8. #2248
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    And... what effect would that have? What would happen next in your opinion? Would less or more players raid? What would others do? How many will leave the game or join it because of the change?
    People would not raid and then things would be even worse as there is no other major end game content than raiding atm :/

  9. #2249
    Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    yes but what you are forgetting is that blizzard tried to do that with cataclysm dungeons at launch, they were longer, told more of a story, and had really neat things about them... 70% of the player base hated them because it was slowing down their JP and VP farm. i hate to break this to you man but there are more people out there who want instant gratification than those wanting to be explorers and be trapped in a 5 man with people who dont know what they are doing for an hour... maybe if they add some dungeons that arent part of the LFG tool and offer different rewards aside from the challenge modes but even then, watch how many people actually do that content if the rewards arent substantial. Oh and blizzard also tried making dungeons content Via scenarios, most people hated those too, found them boring, rewards werent good enough to do them, etc...
    That's because of LFG you feeble-minded carpet muncher. Dungeons in Cata were designed to be grinded for gear, and making them super long with the LFG tool made running them to the end an ordeal. Take LFG out of the equation, make Heroics harder, and make them give appropriate rewards (6 ilvl under LFR).

    Oh, and scenarios aren't dungeons, never were intended to be dungeons and never will replace dungeons, regardless of their rewards.

    Mod Edit: Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2013-11-07 at 07:32 PM.
    Shahad , Kevkul , Shaithan
    <Magdalena's pet>

  10. #2250
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Oh, its another post about how nothing can be difficult without requiring 6 hours without breaks

    And no, casual and exciting are just as contradictory as raid and pve
    I raid 2 to 3 hrs 2 nights a week and we get many 5 minute breaks, you have this delusional idea of what raid guilds are like.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

  11. #2251
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    People would either learn to use their guild for Flex or trade chat.........I know, I know, having to rely on others to do content in an MMO is the end of the world!
    No they would simply quit. (as before this not many people raided LFR sees more people raid than ever before). Please bring a valid argument.

  12. #2252
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    People would not raid and then things would be even worse as there is no other major end game content than raiding atm :/
    LFR isn't raiding >.<
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

  13. #2253
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    LFR isn't raiding >.<
    Its an EASY raid but its still a raid. It is called looking for raid. Your opinion doesnt change that fact. (I agree it is vastly easier than other raid modes)

  14. #2254
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Its an EASY raid but its still a raid. It is called looking for raid. Your opinion doesnt change that fact. (I agree it is vastly easier than other raid modes)
    Personally I say get rid of all the cross realm crap and bring in everything we discussed before.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

  15. #2255
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    No they would simply quit. (as before this not many people raided LFR sees more people raid than ever before). Please bring a valid argument.
    You are implying that everyone seeing all the content in the game is beneficial, which is debatable at best. The game not only survived, but flourished for many years before LFR was added, and it's greatest periods of growth happened when very few ever saw much of the raid content.

    The silly ostrich-like argument that people like to make about the game losing subs because it is "old" is rediculous btw- it is a new game every expac, arguably every tier.

  16. #2256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    That's because of LFG you feeble-minded carpet muncher. Dungeons in Cata were designed to be grinded for gear, and making them super long with the LFG tool made running them to the end an ordeal. Take LFG out of the equation, make Heroics harder, and make them give appropriate rewards (6 ilvl under LFR).

    Oh, and scenarios aren't dungeons, never were intended to be dungeons and never will replace dungeons, regardless of their rewards.
    i never said they were dungeons, nor did i insult you in my post and don't appreciate you insulting me in yours, and how were dungeons in wrath not designed to be gear grinds? hmm? since that was when the LFD system first came into play. how were dungeons not designed to be gear grinds since BC when you had to get the heroics gear to raid? and also when the JP system was brought in. but back to scenarios, the point of scenarios was to tell a story, the arguement for dungeons was that people liked them for the exploration and the fun of running a dungeon, if the point is to add more content for the casual player then scenarios did just that, yet people still hate them

  17. #2257
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Personally I say get rid of all the cross realm crap and bring in everything we discussed before.
    Taking away options to play the game for those that need it and that can be ignored by those that don't like it is not a good buisness plan either. Right now you can totaly ignore LFR if you choose to however that guy that is workign graveayrd shift and likes to hop on after work to just wind down and gran an LFR raid would be shit out of luck.

    It's similar to how they fucked up the VP from dungeons this expac... 1 each day instead of the first 7. They shoudl have left it the first 7 as then you have the option to log on do 1 a day OR chain run them on that day you have time. Giving less options to a playerbase is never a good way to up retention.

    Similarly I doubt they will ever bring back heroic dungeons that are 5 man and not in lfd that give progression loot. It would be too much of a small % of the playerbase that they would be developign for and again peoepl would be up in arms that all that dev time went to hardcores while the casuals were ignored. Not syaing I agree and I would love TBC style 5 mans (god I miss the days of people knowing how to... CC of all things!) but by and large I can recognise that it is a very small % that would be into that kind of dungeon (see cata launch).

  18. #2258
    Quote Originally Posted by sQish View Post
    Then go buy Skyrim then you don't have to pay monthly for more challenging content which Blizzard informs you about months in advance. Simple. This game is fun enough, people just want better stuff without having to work as hard as others that have the "better" wears. If this game doesn't entertain you because you don't have the best gear possible because you don't or can't spend many hours a week farming it, then you shouldn't play it and avoid upset altogether.
    That's exactly what players do and what Blizzard wants to prevent. How is it so hard for you to understand that Blizzard's goal is to please everyone, not just you?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  19. #2259

  20. #2260
    Warchief Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    2,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Taking away options to play the game for those that need it and that can be ignored by those that don't like it is not a good buisness plan either. Right now you can totaly ignore LFR if you choose to however that guy that is workign graveayrd shift and likes to hop on after work to just wind down and gran an LFR raid would be shit out of luck.

    It's similar to how they fucked up the VP from dungeons this expac... 1 each day instead of the first 7. They shoudl have left it the first 7 as then you have the option to log on do 1 a day OR chain run them on that day you have time. Giving less options to a playerbase is never a good way to up retention.

    Similarly I doubt they will ever bring back heroic dungeons that are 5 man and not in lfd that give progression loot. It would be too much of a small % of the playerbase that they would be developign for and again peoepl would be up in arms that all that dev time went to hardcores while the casuals were ignored. Not syaing I agree and I would love TBC style 5 mans (god I miss the days of people knowing how to... CC of all things!) but by and large I can recognise that it is a very small % that would be into that kind of dungeon (see cata launch).
    So did you not read the post about the things and Khal and I discussed? It would add A LOT more options if they put in everything I said.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •