Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    That's not really true. If the data they gave us is any indication, people ARE actually raiding more. Something like 50% or more of US/NA players have killed a raidboss this expansion. Their margin of error might be decently large but it's definitely not a 'vast majority' anymore.
    Yeah, probably in lfr to see it once... congratulation on raider status. They still would probably get more out of dev time for other content.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't, to be honest. But if I have to immediately go AFK because my daughter or wife needs something, or if I have to instantly log out because work paged, I can do that. I can do that, because I'm not scheduled to play at 9AM tonight, or because I'm not in a group of friends that I just let down.

I used to say "hold on" to my daughter or wife, because I was in the middle of something in a video game. Or ignore potentially important phone calls because I was in the middle of a raid. Then I grew up and realized, it's silly to tell a real life person to "hold on" because I'm playing internet dragon slayer game.

I believe that anyone who doesn't immediately get up from the chair and address those real life issue, no matter how minor, is white trash.
    So absolutely everyone who does sports on a proffesional level are scumbags aswell then, yes?

But that's what I'm saying. They gave casuals pet battles, LFR, Flex, an easy Legendary progression, scenarios, 5mans, long linear questing in MoP, dailies and probably more things I can't think of. There's nothing else really left that they can do. If you guys don't enjoy that you really do need to move on, I'm not kidding. They put out a 7 course meal and you guys aren't happy. That's just amazing to me. The game right now is the best it's ever been for a casual, there's so much for you guys to do so if you don't enjoy it, you need to find a new one.
    Pet battle = easy, and solo
    LFR = easy and you could argue they are solo
    5 mans = not even really progression at all in this expansion
    Scenarios = easier than 5 mans which is hard to imagine
    Dailies = completely solo and easy
    Farm = solo and easy

So out of that you got the Legendary Progression, which was sort of challenging, ok not really, the only challenge was if you could stand running LFR that many times. The questing was decent, not very long ( or at least not what I call long) but not horrid. Flex is what LFR probably should of been from the get go so for me I have no complaints there.

Add some thing like I mentioned earlier and I think you would have some pretty dang happy players all around ( it as in Vanilla and TBC btw which means they actually got worse instead of better as the went along)

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Pet battle = easy, and solo
    LFR = easy and you could argue they are solo
    5 mans = not even really progression at all in this expansion
    Scenarios = easier than 5 mans which is hard to imagine
    Dailies = completely solo and easy
    Farm = solo and easy

So out of that you got the Legendary Progression, which was sort of challenging, ok not really, the only challenge was if you could stand running LFR that many times. The questing was decent, not very long ( or at least not what I call long) but not horrid. Flex is what LFR probably should of been from the get go so for me I have no complaints there.

Add some thing like I mentioned earlier and I think you would have some pretty dang happy players all around ( it as in Vanilla and TBC btw which means they actually got worse instead of better as the went along)
    I already said this basically but Casuals don't want things to be hard. Cata was a perfect example of that. I'm sorry but if you want a challenge, you need to progress to normal/heroic modes. They aren't going to make 'hard' casual content ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    You. Are. Playing. The. Wrong. Game. (I hate it when people write like that but it just seemed appropriate for this thread)
    No he is not. Well I guess he is now since Blizzard decided to funnel everything into raiding, but that wasn't how the game used to be. Ideally there's plenty to do in an MMO with the level of commitment that allows you to get up from your chair at a moment's notice.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Yeah, probably in lfr to see it once... congratulation on raider status. They still would probably get more out of dev time for other content.
    Pretty sure the info included World bosses too. But yes, the majority are LFR and probably more than once. I don't know if it was more than once but that still means the majority or close to it, are indeed raiders.

I believe that anyone who doesn't immediately get up from the chair and address those real life issue, no matter how minor, is white trash.
    Black people play WoW and don't immediately get up too!

As far as the rest of your post, this is going to BLOW. YOUR. MIND. Get everything done before you raid.

I already said this basically but Casuals don't want things to be hard. Cata was a perfect example of that. I'm sorry but if you want a challenge, you need to progress to normal/heroic modes. They aren't going to make 'hard' casual content ever again.
    Which is why the game will continue to go down hill, well other than age. They don't understand the very crowd they say they are catering too All casuals do not want things easy as the are now.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2013-11-02 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    No he is not. Well I guess he is now since Blizzard decided to funnel everything into raiding, but that wasn't how the game used to be. Ideally there's plenty to do in an MMO with the level of commitment that allows you to get up from your chair at a moment's notice.
    There is plenty to do for him, he just wants to recieve the same rewards as heroic raiders does.

Yes, thats it, thats what this thread is all about.

What about Challenge modes ? Casual and harder than heroic raiding in cata. I did both so i can compare.
    Brawler Guild is also doable as a pvp geared player up to the last boss with group buffs.
    Both challenging and fun content that is easily doable as a casual. Hopefully more next addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    There is plenty to do for him, he just wants to recieve the same rewards as heroic raiders does.

Yes, thats it, thats what this thread is all about.
    I'm not sure that's what he's saying here. IIRC he was responding to the OP's question of why casuals don't want to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I am curious, as a non-raider, what those things we used to have were?

I will give you PvP that did not blow.

What else? I distinctly remember all of WoW being about funneling you into the entry tier raid, and then nerfing that raid as needed. Sure, you needed to make the group yourself versus LFR, but it was the same concept: you downed e-dragons at level cap.

Things like IQD, Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, etc. are also around, but they are more present in MoP than they were in WotLK or Cata.

I don't see why raidfinder should give items at all, I thought it was about 'seeing' the content and if so that should be reward enough.
    If you wan't character progression, go raid, it has always been like that and it will always be.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Which is why the game will continue to go down hill, well other than age. They don't understand the very crowd they say they are catering too
    Of course they don't because people don't give any feedback. They already made hard casual content and that failed but here you are telling them to make hard casual content when that already failed. It's just not going to happen. I'd much rather have hard 5mans again that aren't slow but that's just not going to happen again unless they figure out a way to tweak Challenge modes since those pretty much failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    I am curious, as a non-raider, what those things we used to have were?

I will give you PvP that did not blow.

What else? I distinctly remember all of WoW being about funneling you into the entry tier raid, and then nerfing that raid as needed. Sure, you needed to make the group yourself versus LFR, but it was the same concept: you downed e-dragons at level cap.

Things like IQD, Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, etc. are also around, but they are more present in MoP than they were in WotLK or Cata.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if he played the same game as I did, because MoP has the most stuff to do that isn't raiding that WoW has ever had for end game.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I don't see why raidfinder should give items at all, I thought it was about 'seeing' the content and if so that should be reward enough.
    If you wan't character progression, go raid, it has always been like that and it will always be.
    Because apparently, according to the way people view it, raiders have to use it to gear up for raids, OMG. (Seriously, this argument makes no sense; if you're geared in full normal mode from the previous tier, you're good to start normals on the current tier.)
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Black people play WoW and don't immediately get up too!

As far as the rest of your post, this is going to BLOW. YOUR. MIND. Get everything done before you raid.
    Things come up while you're raiding, sometimes. If you put raiding ahead of too many of those real life things, you are indeed a bad person.

I can't be tied to a schedule in a video game.
    Then don't expect to be able to raid properly.

Simple as that.

I don't, to be honest. But if I have to immediately go AFK because my daughter or wife needs something, or if I have to instantly log out because work paged, I can do that. I can do that, because I'm not scheduled to play at 9AM tonight, or because I'm not in a group of friends that I just let down.

I used to say "hold on" to my daughter or wife, because I was in the middle of something in a video game. Or ignore potentially important phone calls because I was in the middle of a raid. Then I grew up and realized, it's silly to tell a real life person to "hold on" because I'm playing internet dragon slayer game.

I believe that people that have to get such a poor job that they have to accept pagings outside of normal worktimes, to be white trash.

Even a doctor have a set schedule he get called in at, so instead of coming with your judgmental bullshit you might realise some people just prioritize things differently from you.
    I for instance once had a boss tell me i couldn't get the vacation time i wanted. Because he didn't wanted to get another to work that week, but that would always be the case during the entire season. Told him that he could give it to me, or i would be sick that week. I got my vacation and went skiing in France.
    I see no reason on earth to prioritize a job over my spare time. Be it sport, wow, friends, girl or whatever.

I don't get "important phone calls" in the evening.
    The daughter.. Well. I guess you can never leave to work either, since you're gone there too. Never work at home. Never do sport in the evening.
    You're stuck.

I agree that you shouldn't forget your family etc, but your reasoning is poor, and you just turns out like a child that can't accept any other way than his own.
    .. or hers. Dunno your gender :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It isn't about how much time, but rather the consistency of such time that makes the difference.
    This is my problem entirely. In the past I used to be a semi-hardcore raider, but with now with a young family, work (and a husband to work around :P), things have had to change. I love the game, MoP gives me far more to do in the game than it would have done in Vanilla or TBC, but I can not these days EVER really commit to play the game at a set time. Even LFR is very hard for me to do as I have to be able to go AFK during playing when it suits me, due to a baby in the house.

But, saying all this the MoP expansion style is the only reason that I can still warrant to sub to a game I've played for nearly ten years. Am I a 'casual'? I hate that generalised description. I play the game as much as I can afford to do and only my lifestyle prevents me from playing more. I am sure that I am not alone.

'Casual' does not equal n00b, lazy or stupid players and I am sick of some people inferring that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I believe that people that have to get such a poor job that they have to accept pagings outside of normal worktimes, to be white trash.
    Doctors and prison guards are white trash? :P