Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Of course they don't because people don't give any feedback. They already made hard casual content and that failed but here you are telling them to make hard casual content when that already failed. It's just not going to happen. I'd much rather have hard 5mans again that aren't slow but that's just not going to happen again unless they figure out a way to tweak Challenge modes since those pretty much failed.
    Thats because they failed to understand why people didn't like the Heroics at the start of Cata. For one thing they were requiring certain types of CC in one instance, and another type in another, but LFD didn't always give you the type of CC you needed. Couple that with the massive changes to healers and the threat nerf to tanksand there was some serious shock to the system going on.

I agree that they lost some people, but lets be honest, how many of those people did they get back after they left vs. what they lost now with the super easy content? I stuck through Cata, of course I had been around since Vanilla. This is the first expansion I didn't make it all the way through * shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I feel like Captain Obvious when making this thread, but the game right now? It's shit. Not just normal shit, but pure shite.

LFR? There's no fun in LFR. You run through it once to see the content... and next week you cancel your subscription again until the next raidpatch. In fact I didn't even bother doing LFR either for the last patch, since I already know it's just going to be a huge timedrain of mashing my DPS buttons on an easy boss that takes too long to drop dead.

Timeless Isle, Proving Grounds, Brawler's Guild? Irrelevant content. I might be a casual, but that doesn't mean that I want to do challenging content that doesn't reward anything. I still like to feel my character growing stronger and earning rewards for the challenges that are offered to me.

If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink.

and this is why casuals are not reliable they demand too much and never get satisfayed good ol hardcore players only need hard contant and there u have reliable fan base and gaining subscription instead of losing if blizzard want money they better focus hardcore players and ignore all casual trash no1 care about them anyway for ever casual the game will lose it will gain 5 more hardcore players and casuals are not reliable anyway they just do all raids in LFR and freaz their account until next patch and then resubscribe for 1 month and repeat

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I can't be tied to a schedule in a video game.
    And that's the very problem. Any form of human interaction [at least those which are to be satisfying to more than one party involved], require some form of schedule. If you can't game according to a schedule, then you're better off with single player games.

Dreadlord
    @People who say they won't raid because RL > Raiding. I feel for you because you clearly have been in only uptight guilds and don't know what it's like to have an understanding bunch to work with. It takes 5 minutes average for a boss to die. If something isn't that important, it's not a big deal to have them wait 5 minutes and then take care of it during trash. My guild doesn't have set breaks, but on the flip side, I allow people to go afk on trash. On top of that, because we have a 13-man roster, people can voluntarily sit for bosses if they need more time IRL. I don't give them any fuss. It's football season, and we raid on Sunday nights. I've had a couple guys miss the raid to go to some NFL games. Our resto shaman has a 1-year-old who gets fussy sometimes after she's put him down to sleep which causes her to need to go afk to calm him. Again, I don't rage about it. This is why I organized a 13-man roster - so that we can be flexible. We even have 3 tanks so that tanks can miss if they have to. Our pally tank missed the raid and took his child trick-or-treating for Halloween a couple nights ago, and we were still able to work on heroic progression. Again, no big deal. We don't raid on Friday/Saturday nights because I feel like those are the nights that people most commonly plan to go out with friends on. The whole argument about "Durrrr people who raid have no lives" is getting old. I know my guild isn't the only guild that's this flexible. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with other guilds who have even higher progression than mine, and they too organize a 10+ roster just so people can go out with friends and not feel guilty.

Find a guild that fits your schedule & personality perfectly, and you'll start having more fun in this game. Can't wait to meet half of my raid group at Blizzcon next week. ^_^
    I am a filthy casual!

All the arguments here seem to reduce to this absurdity: I want to play a real-time game with real players, but I want everything to occur on MY schedule because that is what is important.

Goes right along with the self-centeredness of Western culture I guess... But I do hope you guys are seeing this for what it is. There IS casual content, and there ARE casuals who raid normals! As this is an MMO with other human beings, there is a very limited range of content that allows you to selfishly dictate all the terms. Go play Skyrim or somethin' imo. Can pause, restart, jack up/down difficulty, at your own whim.

But in an MMO its more social and involved compromising. If your guildmaster is seriously saying "You all show up at X time, or gkick" then you need to quit that guild unless its a time that all of you jointly agreed on.

As to family commitments, I think that is the touchy area of "is WoW really for you" anymore. I unsubbed most of WotLK and all of Cata cause of family issues. It was not because I was a "casual" but because I literally would have no time to enjoy the game. You guys bring up "I play 3 hours a week" a lot. Well okay, but if you only played a game like Dark Souls, or heck even Elder Scrolls, three hours a week, would you be fuming when you were still a lowbie after a month? I just do not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    And that's the very problem. Any form of human interaction [at least those which are to be satisfying to more than one party involved], require some form of schedule. If you can't game according to a schedule, then you're better off with single player games.
    Nonsense. The vast majority of multiplayer games you can pick up and play and then leave at will without any major hassle. Raiding is one of the rare ones that typically demands 2-4 hour sessions with minimal breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Doctors and prison guards are white trash? :P
    Shame on you for not even reading the next sentence, or the one before :P
    To spell it out for you:
    Sentence before:
    I believe that anyone who doesn't immediately get up from the chair and address those real life issue, no matter how minor, is white trash.

Sentence after:
    Even a doctor have a set schedule he get called in at, so instead of coming with your judgmental bullshit you might realise some people just prioritize things differently from you.

Last sentence to make this highly advanced, and way too long post more eadible for your goldfish timespan:
    I agree that you shouldn't forget your family etc, but your reasoning is poor, and you just turns out like a child that can't accept any other way than his own.
    .. or hers. Dunno your gender :P

TL;DR(again):
    I was being sarcastic and just giving him his same bullshit back in the face with that sentence. Read it all next time.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    I am curious, as a non-raider, what those things we used to have were?

I will give you PvP that did not blow.

What else? I distinctly remember all of WoW being about funneling you into the entry tier raid, and then nerfing that raid as needed. Sure, you needed to make the group yourself versus LFR, but it was the same concept: you downed e-dragons at level cap.

Things like IQD, Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, etc. are also around, but they are more present in MoP than they were in WotLK or Cata.
    Crafting was more progression-oriented, with a more complex web of mats and difficult recipes to both attain and use. There were things like the Tier 0.5 quests and legendary quests and epic class quests which utilized elite areas. There were complex endgame dungeons like BRD and Strat, which tied in with quests and requirements for crafting (e.g. alchemy table in Scholo) in addition to having their own tiers of gear (Dungeon Set 1 and Tier 0.5). Factions were tied into all of these aspects. Endgame progression outside of raiding was more complex and time-consuming and yielded better rewards. This perfect base model has eroded throughout the expansions until MoP, where we see some aspects of it returning (e.g. Timeless Isle). If Blizzard would have stuck with that base model and built off of it instead of striping it in favor of raiding, we would have a very complex and rewarding endgame outside of raiding today.

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure if he played the same game as I did, because MoP has the most stuff to do that isn't raiding that WoW has ever had for end game.
    How much of that is progression-oriented? Do transmog sets and titles and mounts and achievements make your character more powerful or more viable in the world of players?
    Last edited by Lolercaust; 2013-11-02 at 02:54 PM.

This is an MMO. If you want a fucking single player experience then go elsewhere.

The game is based around group play, and like it or not, the main focus is PVE raiding.

They have added SO MUCH for the casual player, like SO SO SO SO MUCH. You listed like 5 things that you can do solo that you personally don't enjoy.

If you don't like the content then go elsewhere, but please, don't say there isn't anything to do. Stop lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Shame on you for not even reading the next sentence, or the one before :P
    Oops, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't know what to tell you then bud. I consider myself a causal and let you know why I can't raid. If you don't take that as an answer, then I don't know...grow up maybe?

If I worked at McDonalds, or Wal-Mart, or put video games before real life things, or was white trash and told my daughter to "get the fuck out of here! Daddy's raiding!!", or told my boss that I cannot make it to DC and KC next week or my monthly Seattle trip the week after that, was a teenager, etc....

Then yeah, I could commit to a schedule of one day a week in a video game.
    You and many others are under the impression that if you agree to a raiding schedule you are signing a contract in blood. No. There are plenty of more casual guilds who are very laid back and do normal or flex modes, and don't force you to come every week. Heck, just let people know if you cannot make it because you will be out of town. Communicate with other players. There are guilds that are made of parents and will be understanding if your kids need your attention. Even in my guild that pushes heroics, we have a solid real life > WoW mentality.

Not all people who raid are elitist assholes. If you want to give it a go, find one with a compatible schedule and mindset. There ARE guilds who don't mind if you can't make raids, just as long as you let them know when you're going to be there, it's only polite. Remember just because it's a video game there are real life people running around with you.

LFR, flex, proving grounds, pet battles, heroic scenarios, scenarios, "questless" isle with rares / exploring etc etc, PvP, world bosses brawlers guild etc... What else do casual cry baby's want ?

Casuals aren't into relevant content they're into fun content. If you want to do relevant shit then raid, that's how the game works most of the other stuff will always be for fun, and god forbid you have a little fun in this game eh? Casuals should stop feeling entitled to anything, you have the same access as everyone else, it's not our fault you play an hour a week.

I think people that bitch about not being able to get the best gear, or into endgame, because they can't play often or on a schedule, are confused on what type of game they are playing. So I will spell it out for them.

WOW IS A MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME. THE GAME YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ARE SINGLE PLAYER GAMES.

Please. Stop being stupid and selfish by ruining the game for others that invest time into it. If you want to get the best stuff and be the best you have to do that with other people, working hard and investing time. If you don't want to do that and think you are entitled to the same gear or rewards then you shouldn't be playing any form of mmo and should quit.

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Crafting was more progression-oriented, with a more complex web of mats and difficult recipes to both attain and use. There were things like the Tier 0.5 quests and legendary quests and epic class quests which utilized elite areas. There were complex endgame dungeons like BRD and Strat, which tied in with quests and requirements for crafting (e.g. alchemy table in Scholo) in addition to having their own tiers of gear (Dungeon Set 1 and Tier 0.5). Factions were tied into all of these aspects. Endgame progression outside of raiding was more complex and time-consuming and yielded better rewards. This perfect base model has eroded throughout the expansions until MoP, where we see some aspects of it returning (e.g. Timeless Isle). If Blizzard would have stuck with that base model and built off of it instead of striping it in favor of raiding, we would have a very complex and rewarding endgame outside of raiding today.
    Agreed. One of the many reason why I disliked the changes TBC brought to the table.

I'm just gonna say the obvious here.

Go play a SINGLE player game!
    If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    This is an MMO. If you want a fucking single player experience then go elsewhere.
    This rudely put point is what annoys me. I want to be able to play the game that I love to play, that I have played since 2005 when I am ABLE to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Nonsense. The vast majority of multiplayer games you can pick up and play and then leave at will without any major hassle. Raiding is one of the rare ones that typically demands 2-4 hour sessions with minimal breaks.
    So, care to give any examples of those games? I'll just give you one condition: The game must not rely on any form of matchmaking algorithm, because any of those does one thing: It matches schedules of different people, who do not know eachother.

edit:
    Seems like you imposed a second condition yourself already: "leave at will" requires the game to not have any form of banlists for ending the game early.
    Last edited by stormgust; 2013-11-02 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaelronin View Post
    I think people that bitch about not being able to get the best gear, or into endgame, because they can't play often or on a schedule, are confused on what type of game they are playing. So I will spell it out for them.

WOW IS A MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME. THE GAME YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ARE SINGLE PLAYER GAMES.

Please. Stop being stupid and selfish by ruining the game for others that invest time into it. If you want to get the best stuff and be the best you have to do that with other people, working hard and investing time. If you don't want to do that and think you are entitled to the same gear or rewards then you shouldn't be playing any form of mmo and should quit.
    I know its anecdotal, but the people who try to champion "casual friendly content" the most are seemingly online 5-7 hours per day, every day.. There are normal raiders who, after dinging 90 and doing initial gearing, play 5-7 hours a week progressing on normals...

I think for the most part its people who really love playing WoW, but just do not love the content that WoW is based on: PvP with other players, PvE with other players. That is fine and all, but these peeps should realize that there are many alternative games that would make them happy, many of which do not have monthly sub fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    This rudely put point is what annoys me. I want to be able to play the game that I love to play, that I have played since 2005 when I am ABLE to play.
    play it the same way you did in 2005 or be content with only playing a small part of it, there's no point in "Redefining a genre" just because you have more responsibilities now but your time management skills haven't caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzFanboyForever View Post
    I hope they really introduce 1man raidmode where you can raid when YOU want and not after a scheudle or some elitist crap
    Proving grounds, brawlers guild.