Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope they really introduce 1man raidmode where you can raid when YOU want and not after a scheudle or some elitist crap

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm not asking for anything, I was just answering the common question "why can't casuals raid". And I answered it.
    That doesn't answer it though. Casuals are perfectly capable of scheduling one night per week for raiding, for example.

Stop sub-ing to the game tbh. if you are soo butt hurt over everything. Go play something you enjoy. thats what games are for.

There's more to MMO's than raiding, obviously.
    Massively. Multiplayer. Online.

The most complex gameplay aspects require large groups of players, from different parts of the region, thus requiring a schedule. This is the kind of braindead "B-BUT I DESERVE TO SEE CONTENT & GET EPIKS TOO" mentality LFR has empowered since its inception.
    Dawg are you serious

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Raiding is boring.
    If the idea of playing the end game content isn't fun for you, maybe this game isn't for you?
    Try PvP. Try a different game. Honestly, (without sounding like a dick) what do you want from the game?

Point is, the end game of WoW is either raiding, in which Blizzard has provided as much variable raiding content as is practical, or Arena.
    There is casual content provided. I agree that it's somewhat lackluster. But meh, what can you do.

Maybe, just maybe. People in your position should unsub. Play a different game. Anything. If your not having fun, why are you still spending so much time playing the game? Or perhaps you have unsubbed and i've wasted 5mins typing this up. Lol.

Yeah, this thread doesnt surprise me.

We are currently on the most casual friendly times for World of Warcraft since its inception. You literally have 2 raid difficulties tailored for your needs.

LFR: Solid 1 or 2 on a 1/10 scale o difficulty, and has the advantage of schedule flexibility.
    Flex: A step up in difficulty, you have to create your own group and tie down to an schedule.

So what do you suggest that Blizzard needs to develop?
    Because according to your post, you want more challenging content (you want harder and longer content) that rewards meaningful things "not mounts/tabards/titles", straight up gear. And that doesn't require you to tie down to a schedule or excessive grinding.

Do you realize how incredible hard and the amount of resources that this would take to develop? To create this kind of content just for a bunch of people?

What has this game come down to??. This is exactly why Blizzard needs to slow down on the casual approach. Its good that they take the time to actually create content for them and make them a part of the game. But once you go down this path, casuals just keep asking for more and more. Soon they will be mad that they don't get all the gear, mounts and titles by just playing 2 hours a week whenever they want.

OP, this is an MMO, if you want better gear and rewards, you have to sit down and play more. No way around it. If not, you can play an RPG like Skyrim, Fallout, etc.
    Last edited by Antherios; 2013-11-02 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    That doesn't answer it though. Casuals are perfectly capable of scheduling one night per week for raiding, for example.

I don't know what to tell you then bud. I consider myself a causal and let you know why I can't raid. If you don't take that as an answer, then I don't know...grow up maybe?

If I worked at McDonalds, or Wal-Mart, or put video games before real life things, or was white trash and told my daughter to "get the fuck out of here! Daddy's raiding!!", or told my boss that I cannot make it to DC and KC next week or my monthly Seattle trip the week after that, was a teenager, etc....

Then yeah, I could commit to a schedule of one day a week in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitus View Post
    The sense of entitlement in this thread is disgusting. Why do you even play an MMO?
    stop being an elitist jerk. I aswell have no time to commit to a fixed raiding schedule. They brought flex in which is very good

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what to tell you then bud. I consider myself a causal and let you know why I can't raid. If you don't take that as an answer, then I don't know...grow up maybe?

If I worked at McDonalds, or Wal-Mart, or put video games before real life things, or was white trash and told my daughter to "get the fuck out of here! Daddy's raiding!!", or told my boss that I cannot make it to DC and KC next week or my monthly Seattle trip the week after that, was a teenager, etc....

exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzFanboyForever View Post
    I hope they really introduce 1man raidmode where you can raid when YOU want and not after a scheudle or some elitist crap
    You call having a schedule elitist? News flash buddy, nothing in life works without a schedule.

stop being an elitist jerk. I aswell have no time to commit to a fixed raiding schedule. They brought flex in which is very good
    Stop calling him elitist, you entitled jerk.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-02 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitus View Post
    Massively. Multiplayer. Online.

The most complex gameplay aspects require large groups of players, from different parts of the region, thus requiring a schedule. This is the kind of braindead "B-BUT I DESERVE TO SEE CONTENT & GET EPIKS TOO" mentality LFR has empowered since its inception.

I know what MMO means as well. And without committing to a schedule, I interact with other real life human beings almost every time I log on (unless they're bots...).

I've come to the conclusion, that I think you are confused about something.

Then you cannot raid. However, casuals can. People of all kinds are perfectly capable of scheduling time for group hobbies. If you can't, then your problem is with basic life and time management skills, not with the game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I feel like Captain Obvious when making this thread, but the game right now? It's shit. Not just normal shit, but pure shite.

LFR? There's no fun in LFR. You run through it once to see the content... and next week you cancel your subscription again until the next raidpatch. In fact I didn't even bother doing LFR either for the last patch, since I already know it's just going to be a huge timedrain of mashing my DPS buttons on an easy boss that takes too long to drop dead.

Timeless Isle, Proving Grounds, Brawler's Guild? Irrelevant content. I might be a casual, but that doesn't mean that I want to do challenging content that doesn't reward anything. I still like to feel my character growing stronger and earning rewards for the challenges that are offered to me.

If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink.
    So much conflict in the one post...

I understand that you want "hard" and "rewarding" content, but it'd be hard for them to implement, when you don't even want to spend time in the game because you're a "casual".

There's a big range of skill in "casual" players, so if you get something hard and exciting, other "casual" people will call it too hard.

You also say that Brawler's Guild is "irrelevant content", but that was "hard" (if you didn't have the gear for it, when it came to the last few bosses). That was relatively "casual" friendly as you could go there anytime and fight (though there was probably a queue -> might not be such a problem during raid times as most raiders would be busy then). Okay, I can see that it doesn't really reward you with anything (a mount, a pet and some 1h heirlooms).

From my perspective, the only "hard" content for "non-casuals" is raiding heroic mode. However for some other "non-casuals", they are stuck on Normal modes, and call that content "too hard".

It honestly sounds like you just want a loot pinata that dies quickly so you can get some gear, to feel like you're equal to a heroic raider, even though you put no effort into the game.

If you want something short, exciting and casual, go to the pub on the weekend and pick up a girl.
    Kuroiwolf - 90 Brewmaster Monk
    Youtube Account Twitch TV
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

So from what it sounds like you can't even play the game to begin with, why are you wanting to raid then? There's plenty of games for the casual gamers you can indulge in that isn't an MMO, but from the sounds of it you don't even have time for games to begin with.

What exactly are you asking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Neemo View Post
    Maybe, just maybe. People in your position should unsub. Play a different game. Anything. If your not having fun, why are you still spending so much time playing the game? Or perhaps you have unsubbed and i've wasted 5mins typing this up. Lol.
    But then Blizzard won't get his money, and Blizzard want his money, so Blizzard need to find a way to keep him subbed. Telling him that he should play a different game will not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neemo View Post
    If the idea of playing the end game content isn't fun for you, maybe this game isn't for you?
    Try PvP. Try a different game. Honestly, (without sounding like a dick) what do you want from the game?

Point is, the end game of WoW is either raiding, in which Blizzard has provided as much variable raiding content as is practical, or Arena.
    There is casual content provided. I agree that it's somewhat lackluster. But meh, what can you do.

This. Perfectly said. Catering to the casuals is a downward spiral down the toilet, as factually represented by their plummeting subscription numbers. Casuals want 95% of what everyone else has while putting in 3% of the effort.
    Dawg are you serious

Man, i totally understand your point, at some point i was too busy aswell to tie down to any schedules. But when i did played 4 hours a week tops, i didn't expect for Blizzard to hand me everything over because i was paying the same as the 15 year old nolifers or something like that.
    This is an MMO, there needs to be a difference between the people that spent 20 hours per day ingame, to the guy that logs every 3 days. Its just the way of the genre.

When i was traveling, i played a shit ton of FPS and RPGs though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    Then you cannot raid. However, casuals can. People of all kinds are perfectly capable of scheduling time for group hobbies. If you can't, then your problem is with basic life and time management skills, not with the game design.
    I didn't say there was a problem with the game or it's design, though. I just simply answered a question someone asked of why I, as a casual, cannot raid.

i raid with plenty of ppl with families ,jobs ,college ,kids they all seem to make the time to play a couple hours a week sometimes skipping a raid or two cos cant reschedule irl stuff and its totally fine for us. it seems to me u dont even want to try maby time to rethink if ur playing the right game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    So from what it sounds like you can't even play the game to begin with, why are you wanting to raid then? There's plenty of games for the casual gamers you can indulge in that isn't an MMO, but from the sounds of it you don't even have time for games to begin with.

What exactly are you asking for?
    I'm not asking for anything actually. I didn't even say I wanted to raid. Read the thread, please.

You can do flex/normal mode raids with little time effortl? (we just did 12/14 soo nhc with alts yesterday in less than 3 hours)
    What does casual mean to you? (low skill / low time)
    If you want to be rewarded, you have to do something. Do not complain if you are not able to spend at least 2-3 hours in a MMO.