Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No they have not been trying to reach out to casual players. That is not possible given their overall design.
    I'm not happy with how they tried to reach out to casuals =/= they did not try.

They tried there is a lot that was put into MOP that was casual friendly and I for one am happy as I was able to keep playign the game at a 4-5 hours total a week scheduel and still be in a competitive spot in my opinion. I know many that are very happy with how it is and many that no matter what they do have moved on and wont come back as wow just is not for them any more. I find that is one of the bigest problems with some of the casual arguments... WOW is just over for them but they want wow to change into something that is not WOW so they can come back and enjoy it... the old time raiders get flamed for rose tinited glasses but the same can be said about ex more ahrd cores that are now casual looking back and wanting that same feelign from wow they use to have while also asking for wow to be completly changed to match the life they now live.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    If the game is that bad then go find another one that gives you the experience that you want without you having to beg for it.
    Do you honestly think that's constructive? I mean telling people to leave is fine but can you recognize that if enough people do leave significant changes will be made? Nobody leaving is begging for anything they simple leave and if they are so motivated give feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    I'm not happy with how they tried to reach out to casuals =/= they did not try.
    No that's exactly what it means. They had a perfectly fine casual model. It's been largely obliterated in the interest of serving raids. Theirs trying and then theirs half assed giving a shit. Of course the argument being made is that no matter what they do nothing will sate casuals but that is A. Unfounded and unprovable and B. Really fucking bad for business.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Is my sub status really relevant? If I had a sub wouldn't you just tell me to sit down shut up and play?
    and there is an issue with that? sorry I don't like people who bitch just to hear themselves talk. the casual agenda is nothing but an attempt to make themselves seem not as bad as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    To remain competitive in Brawlers guild. So that you can clear the area around the node you're about to gather fast enough to prevent others from ninjaing it. So that a dailies hub can be cleared in 15 minutes instead of 20. So that you can have that addictive sense that your character is constantly growing stronger and will continue to grow stronger if you stick to some kind of regimen. That latter point is pretty much the entire appeal of a MMO. There are plenty of reasons to want better gear. Why do you deserve better gear just because you're too scared to fight bosses without 9-24 other people to back you up?
    Because raiding is the core of an mmorpg I'm sorry, but you're not what the genre was made for if you're too bad to raid. I'm done calling it casual because even casuals can do normal and flex mode without a schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzguy99 View Post
    and there is an issue with that? sorry I don't like people who bitch just to hear themselves talk. the casual agenda is nothing but an attempt to make themselves seem not as bad as they are.
    Which on your part is an attempt to silence all criticism because no "agenda" really exists. I just give my opinion on the matter as I am want to do. My sub status is irrelevant and you can't know what it is anyway. Maybe as we were talking I just bought a month or maybe not. It's Heisenbergs cat.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Well, yes, but he also said 5 mans, too! (Though wanting that out of purely solo content is a bit insane, I agree. Though, I'd personally love to see some rewarding solo content, just not THAT rewarding, considering how they neutered the leveling experience, which used to be the best solo content. I want a "BRING BACK COMPELLING LEVELING EXPERIENCE!" campaign, dag nabbit!)
    I've already stated I would love more interesting questing, challenging 5 mans with dungeon set gear, world bosses like TBC and Classic (MoP was ok for that but not on the same level), class quests and to add more to what I would like.....

Less character homogenization
    No cross realm anything
    Elite quests that require more than 1 person to do
    Patterns available only in dungeons
    Crafting epics to mean something
    A better crafting system (FF 14 has it about right)
    Housing (Crafters can make stuff for housing)
    TRUE BoA gear like any realm any faction

Those are just some
    I'm in control, I Am Your Pain...
    After this you won't be the same...
    This is My Time, I make the rules.
    YOU MESS WITH THIS AND YOU DIE LIKE A FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Because raiding is the core of an mmorpg I'm sorry, but you're not what the genre was made for if you're too bad to raid. I'm done calling it casual because even casuals can do normal and flex mode without a schedule.
    http://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c

The CORE of an MMORPG is you know... an RPG in a massively multiplayer online environment.

All my years in UO, I never raided. In EverQuest, I did a lot of stuff that didn't involve raiding. WoW is one of the only games I've ever felt compelled to raid, in order to progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Do you honestly think that's constructive? I mean telling people to leave is fine but can you recognize that if enough people do leave significant changes will be made? Nobody leaving is begging for anything they simple leave and if they are so motivated give feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

No that's exactly what it means. They had a perfectly fine casual model. It's been largely obliterated in the interest of serving raids. Theirs trying and then theirs half assed giving a shit. Of course the argument being made is that no matter what they do nothing will sate casuals but that is A. Unfounded and unprovable and B. Really fucking bad for business.
    No it is proven over and over again casuals are never happy....do you even read what you type?

No it is proven over and over again casuals are never happy....do you even read what you type?
    Really? Has this been proven? Where can I read the paper proving this? Yes I read what I type. Since we cannot all agree on even a definition of casual I find it extremely hard to believe that we can also then categorically state that each and everyone of them will never be satisfied. As a casual in Cataclysm I was mostly satisfied. As a casual through part of wrath I was mostly satisfied.
    The hammer comes down:

Not with the mist talent tree. The lvling experience while quick is pretty shit in mists actually.
    The leveling experience has been shit long before MoP. It was best pre-cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I feel like Captain Obvious when making this thread, but the game right now? It's shit. Not just normal shit, but pure shite.

LFR? There's no fun in LFR. You run through it once to see the content... and next week you cancel your subscription again until the next raidpatch. In fact I didn't even bother doing LFR either for the last patch, since I already know it's just going to be a huge timedrain of mashing my DPS buttons on an easy boss that takes too long to drop dead.

Timeless Isle, Proving Grounds, Brawler's Guild? Irrelevant content. I might be a casual, but that doesn't mean that I want to do challenging content that doesn't reward anything. I still like to feel my character growing stronger and earning rewards for the challenges that are offered to me.

If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink.

Edit:
    One of the things I'd also like to point at is the fact that I used the words: "Casual exciting" in the title instead of "casual friendly".

I think the difference is very important, because yes, people are right MoP is the most casual friendly ever, but is it casual exciting? Nope. And that is where the problem lies.
    How frakn easy you need this to be?

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I've raided with plenty of people who watched their kids while raiding. Either having them on their lap or just in arms reach. You are just using the kid as an excuse plain and simple.
    That's pretty funny. As a father of two, I can tell you that you're not "watching" the kids when you raid. You can be available to the kids, if your raid is willing to take you with the understanding that you will potentially wipe them at any time, but you're not able to watch them. I didn't even play MMOs until my kids were both old enough to keep themselves occupied for a while. There is no way that a lap child or a child who is actually going to stay within reach is old enough for that.

If you want to get an idea of how well you can watch kids while raiding check out the first episode of The Guild starting at 1:58:

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Really? Has this been proven? Where can I read the paper proving this? Yes I read what I type. Since we cannot all agree on even a definition of casual I find it extremely hard to believe that we can also then categorically state that each and everyone of them will never be satisfied. As a casual in Cataclysm I was mostly satisfied. As a casual through part of wrath I was mostly satisfied.
    and nothing you infer is fact....the game has plenty of casual content....nothing you say is correct. where is my sheet of proof as you ask of me....but just like a typical casual your word is always right and everyone else needs proof.....lolololololol get a clue

The leveling experience has been shit long before MoP. It was best pre-cata.
    Well I mean except for the revamp yea I guess. The trade they made to the talent points in favour of end game customizability has certainly hampered lvling rewards.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I've already stated I would love more interesting questing, challenging 5 mans with dungeon set gear, world bosses like TBC and Classic (MoP was ok for that but not on the same level), class quests and to add more to what I would like.....

Less character homogenization
    No cross realm anything
    Elite quests that require more than 1 person to do
    Patterns available only in dungeons
    Crafting epics to mean something
    A better crafting system (FF 14 has it about right)
    Housing (Crafters can make stuff for housing)
    TRUE BoA gear like any realm any faction

Those are just some
    Aside from no cross realm anything, I agree with all of this.

and nothing you infer is fact....the game has plenty of casual content....nothing you say is correct. where is my sheet of proof as you ask of me....but just like a typical casual your word is always right and everyone else needs proof.....lolololololol get a clue
    Ignore him, he is on my ignore list, he just likes to talk to make himself sound smart but in reality it is quite the opposite.

The developers state casual engagement is low. The casual content may "exist" in the game but ask yourself how satisfied you would be if raiding or whatever hardcore activity you enjoy afforded you little to no character/power advancement and simple was. Nobody is in favour of taking gear out of raids but the casual activities don't award gear as well or as strong as in raids and casuals are expected to be happy with that. Now you say HOW ENTITLED..
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-11-04 at 11:14 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Aside from no cross realm anything, I agree with all of this.
    Honestly there really is no need for cross realm anything especially with the virtual realms, heck WOTLK had LFD but people chose not to use it because it wasn't cross realm, I think it would bring back more of the community to do away with all the cross realm crap especially with everything I just listed.

- - - Updated - - -

Why force yourself into a situation that makes you unhappy? Yes it is constructive to quit things that make you unhappy. It tells the business that they no longer make your life more enjoyable. If they do change that is up to them and not up to the consumer. Ok genius then disprove the fact you can't please everyone. Disprove you can't be everything to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Honestly there really is no need for cross realm anything especially with the virtual realms, heck WOTLK had LFD but people chose not to use it because it wasn't cross realm, I think it would bring back more of the community to do away with all the cross realm crap especially with everything I just listed.
    Well, I sort of agree, but they'd have to really up the ante on rolling out virtual realms.