Page 71 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well in fact they have an entire franchise dedicated to that. It's called diablo.
    Different game and different genre, I swear I hope that was sarcasm or telling people to play that.
    "Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You are not listening, quite frankly.

Yes, I want Brawler's Guild. The problem with current Brawler's Guild is that, first, I already did it, second, it is too small, and third, it does not reward gear and so it is not an alternate progression path. I don't get stronger the more bosses I defeat. If Brawler's bosses dropped epics and there were 5 times as many of them as there are now, I would be all set for this expansion (or patch - depending on the ilvl range of dropped epics).
    They probably didn't add more bosses because it wasn't very popular. No point in creating content for a tiny minority of players, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade and Soul View Post
    I'm not really sure how much more casual friendly they can get.

The only thing I can think of is a system like oQueue or Open Raid built into the game. That way people could find groups when needed.

I suspect they will make LFR only require 1 tank, or use the mechanics brought in with Flex mode (as in the raid adjusting to the number of people in it, or the number or specific roles in it) with modifications for needing less tanks or healers.

I hope they also think about continuing to add more 5 man dungeons (or 5 man scenarios even) that have multiple objectives. These objectives could range from easy to hard, with better loot dropping from choosing to complete the harder objectives.

Just my 2 cents =)
    Give something MEANINGFUL to do besides raid or PVP at end game. I'm experiencing a similiar issue with the MMO i'm currently playing, SWTOR. Endgame, there is nothing to do meaningful short of those 2 activities. In WoW, you can do dailies, fishing, archaeology, etc... but how rewarding is that? What do those activities offer the casual player that rivals endgame?

They need to really give solo or duo dungeons, difficult dungeons, that reward players similiar to raiding. Yes, the raiders would be in uproar over solo players completing (very difficult) solo content for gear equal to their's, but not everyone has the time or energy to raid and they deserve to be upgrading their character too. Getting more powerful in game was and always is the lure since RP died in MMORPG at the turn of the century, and for solo casual players who don't want to pvp or raid... their options are limited to dailies, getting afew badge pieces, heroics, and LFR. That gets old, very very fast.

Since they added raid scaling and LFR, maybe a solution is the ability to really go full distance with raid scaling. If you want to go solo or two man into a dungeon, they need to make it happen. Whether it's with adding NPC's to fill the additional slots you don't have, they need to find a way to give solo players the same content and ability to progress without raiding as it's currently conceived, all the way until the end of the expansion. The drawback would be maybe the special mount or special treasure box (think HM LK) would only be available in HM and with 100% full players.

The problem isn't casuals don't have content, they don't have meaningful content. That doesn't mean mindless grinds like fishing/archaeology, or dumbed down childishly easy content, they just want difficult and challenging content that allows them to progress and does it 100% at their time and convenience. If they want to solo a raid for a smaller chance of gear at 3 am instead of having to set aside time to work with others, why shouldn't they be able to do it on normal mode and have the missing pieces filled with NPC's? Casual and solo players should be able to continue to advance end game and constantly have reasons to log in, just like in RPG's like skyrim. Dailies and side activities aren't meaningful, don't really upgrade your character on par with raids, and just aren't as fulfilling.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And that's nothing new. Folks were doing this with FPS games etc long before there were mass market MMO's. That's the awesome thing about video games, there's different types. I'd much rather play 2 vastly different titles than 1 that tries and fails to deliver multiple forms of content, and pulls them off in less than stellar fashion.

Skyrim is another good example. It's (to me) a great game, but would be a terrible MMO for obvious reasons.

See I could accept the above if the game didn't at one point in it's history already offer what I was looking for and if that hadn't been severely gutted in favor of making raids then this discussion probably wouldn't have happened. If they hadn't broken the wrath model and in fact had simple expanded it then their'd be no issue because the wrath model was basically you can run a heroic here and there and still get significant character progress outside of raiding. Ironically I'm just calling for them to return to that content. Or I can leave for another game.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-11-05 at 12:52 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Every patch, raiders get raids, and casuals get things that end in several weeks.
    The only reason raider content lasts longer is because its difficult and repetitive. Blizzard tried to give "casuals" difficult and repetitive content in Cataclysm and they mostly didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    The only reason raider content lasts longer is because its difficult and repetitive. Blizzard tried to give "casuals" difficult and repetitive content in Cataclysm and they mostly didn't like it.
    That is idiocy. It lasts longer because there are multiple raiding tiers and week lockouts with limited drops to distribute to a large group. If you could raid with daily lockouts instead of weekly and people got loot bags like LFR, even heroic raiders would be done in two weeks. It is artificial longevity.

Agree there is a limit. But there are ways to make the content last.

Look at what they do to make raids last a long time. They only allow killing (looting) bosses once per week. They can do a non-raid progression which would function similarly.
    This effectively existed in Wrath and Cataclysm with the daily/week Valor caps. There was limited in benefit in doing more than 1 heroic a day/7 heroics a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    The leveling experience has been shit long before MoP. It was best pre-cata.
    I agree. Cata and MoP leveling was an insult. WoTLK era PvE was freaking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

This effectively existed in Wrath and Cataclysm with the daily/week Valor caps. There was limited in benefit in doing more than 1 heroic a day/7 heroics a week.
    Wrath didn't have stupid currency caps. They had a different Badge for each tier of difficulty. At the end they just gave everyone badges of frost and you could get as many as you want. Near the end of the year long patch cycle they finally introduced the new currency and no one has liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    That is idiocy. It lasts longer because there are multiple raiding tiers and week lockouts with limited drops to distribute to a large group. If you could raid with daily lockouts instead of weekly and people got loot bags like LFR, even heroic raiders would be done in two weeks. It is artificial longevity.
    That's the point. Even heroic raiders would burn through their content in a few weeks, just like the casuals do. Blizzard literally cannot keep a player who plays dozens of hours a week entertained with fresh content for months on end. They need to make you repeat stuff weekly or just flat out not let you repeat certain content, ie raid lockouts.

And even if they did, the "plays a few hours a week" player would complain that he "didn't get to see all the raids in this expansion". Well, maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Wrath didn't have stupid currency caps. They had a different Badge for each tier of difficulty. At the end they just gave everyone badges of frost and you could get as many as you want. Near the end of the year long patch cycle they finally introduced the new currency and no one has liked it.
    For a non-raider your Emblems of Frost were capped at 2 per daily heroic. That was the control system in place to stop people burning out on 5 man content too quickly.

A pug raider can get a lot more depending on how good his server pugs are, but he's still capped by weekly lockouts. So likewise, he's not going to get bored of the dungeons and raids as quickly.

That's the point. Even heroic raiders would burn through their content in a few weeks, just like the casuals do. Blizzard literally cannot keep a player who plays dozens of hours a week entertained with fresh content for months on end. They need to make you repeat stuff weekly or just flat out not let you repeat certain content, ie raid lockouts.

[.
    Maybe just maybe they ought not to concern themselves so much with the people who have all the time in the universe.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by YourWifeMyKids View Post
    You "casuals" are literally the cancer killing WoW

The problem is not that you suck at the game, the problem is that you drag down our gameplay with your inane demands
    All that LFR, FLEX, Normal, Heroic and split 25/10 man raids is your fault.
    WoW was perfect when we only had normal difficulty with 40/20man raids, then blizzard decided to listen to you and we got 25/10. I guess that was also good, since 25man raiding wasn't really that bad and was close to 40man.
    And then they decided to listen to you more. The split difficulty came, but it wasn't enough. You spamming all over the forums "how hard it is to assemble a 25 man group and how privileged are the 25m raiding guilds because they get a higher ilvl" made them split 25m and 10m and make them equal.

After that, the game has only went downhill - you received LFR, the most casual thing in existence in the universe, and you still weren't happy and continued to shit up the forums. Then you received Flex and you STILL aren't happy, meanwhile, continuing to fuck up the game for us with your demands.

What do you want next? Log in and receive top ilvl gear?
    Casuals don't really make demands. They quit, and Blizzard analyzes data and forms deductions as to why this happened, and makes decisions to attract more of them, and try and bring back others.

So, if you want to blame anyone, blame Blizzard for being reactionary and wanting way too much by trying to attract people to a genre they ought not to ever been playing in the first place.

people vote with their wallets, so to speak, and Blizzard makes decisions based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Casuals don't really make demands. They quit, and Blizzard analyzes data and forms deductions as to why this happened, and makes decisions to attract more of them, and try and bring back others.

So, if you want to blame anyone, blame Blizzard for being reactionary and wanting way too much by trying to attract people to a genre they ought not to ever been playing in the first place.

people vote with their wallets, so to speak, and Blizzard makes decisions based on that.
    I agree with this to a point but they only have so much data and the survey at the end doesn't give all the reasons, but yet Blizzard being reactionary instead of proactive is a huge bane and the biggest bane is bringing in people who ought not be in MMORPGs at all.
    "Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

totally agreed raids are boring when you have been doing em for 5 years i want a new way of gearing up without listening to asswipes on vent

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    See I could accept the above if the game didn't at one point in it's history already offer what I was looking for and if that hadn't been severely gutted in favor of making raids then this discussion probably wouldn't have happened. If they hadn't broken the wrath model and in fact had simple expanded it then their'd be no issue because the wrath model was basically you can run a heroic here and there and still get significant character progress outside of raiding. Ironically I'm just calling for them to return to that content. Or I can leave for another game.
    I hear you. I guess it was simply a change of mind that they wanted folks killing bigger targets instead of just grinding valor. For all our debates, I will agree with you that the game very clearly tries to funnel people into raids, (though I will stand by the notion that there's still more to do aside from raiding itself than in prior years). While it's always been the storyline resolution as far as prior raids went, it certainly was handled differently.

A return to valor yielding tier gear would be the killing blow to LFR, as folks will happily just grind dungeons, unless things like weapons and trinkets aren't on vendors. And most raiders will just then jump to flex and above. It will be interesting to see how they change things up.

Certainly, things WILL change. It happens every expansion, and I expect no different with the new one. We'll see in a few days.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

This thread:
    "I am a casual and I want to be full heroic epic geared even though I play 1 hour a week." Just because casuals pay the same amount doesn't entitle you to everything in the game. Go out and get it. Stop creating I want this threads. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    This thread:
    "I am a casual and I want to be full heroic epic geared even though I play 1 hour a week." Just because casuals pay the same amount doesn't entitle you to everything in the game. Go out and get it. Stop creating I want this threads. Thanks
    You could have at least pretended to read the thread and contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    but yet Blizzard being reactionary instead of proactive is a huge bane
    Pure BS. Blizzard tried to be "proactive" in cataclysm and guess what ? It failed big time.

Because no matter how to turn this, baddies (not casual, we are just fine now with LFR, flex and even normal raiding. Not even counting all the side things to do outside) just want to be spoonfed with shiny purpulz (for whatever reason, because they actually don't use it to kill bosses...).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    This thread:
    That's not it at all. What people are saying is they want to be full "okay" geared (above LFR or even Flex?). Let's say that gearing takes a fixed amount of 300 hours to complete, people want to distribute that time the way they choose. Be it 1 hour here or there or a 15 hour marathon during the weekends. It doesn't have to be easy, hell it shouldn't be easy, but it should exist.
    Last edited by Embriel; 2013-11-05 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Pure BS. Blizzard tried to be "proactive" in cataclysm and guess what ? It failed big time.
    Yes Blizzard was proactive by way of spending too much development time on 1-60 to attract new players while leaving endgame anemic for the entire expansion while bringing in new developers focused on MoP. So in general Blizzard has an issue of just being proactive and responsive in the wrong things at the wrong time.