Page 1 of 120
... LastLast

The next expansion must offer a much more casual exciting endgame.

I feel like Captain Obvious when making this thread, but the game right now? It's shit. Not just normal shit, but pure shite.

LFR? There's no fun in LFR. You run through it once to see the content... and next week you cancel your subscription again until the next raidpatch. In fact I didn't even bother doing LFR either for the last patch, since I already know it's just going to be a huge timedrain of mashing my DPS buttons on an easy boss that takes too long to drop dead.

Timeless Isle, Proving Grounds, Brawler's Guild? Irrelevant content. I might be a casual, but that doesn't mean that I want to do challenging content that doesn't reward anything. I still like to feel my character growing stronger and earning rewards for the challenges that are offered to me.

If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink.

Edit:
    One of the things I'd also like to point at is the fact that I used the words: "Casual exciting" in the title instead of "casual friendly".

I think the difference is very important, because yes, people are right MoP is the most casual friendly ever, but is it casual exciting? Nope. And that is where the problem lies.
    Last edited by Anarch the Subduer; 2013-11-03 at 05:49 AM.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦

Even bleeding subs at this rate they still have quite a few more quarters yet before they are down to the 1mil mark (which is still a success by mmo standards)
    Retired from WoW.

Why cant casuals raid normal, or even heroic? Really tell me. Play the game for 3 hours, 2 or 3 times a week? jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    Even bleeding subs at this rate they still have quite a few more quarters yet before they are down to the 1mil mark (which is still a success by mmo standards)
    That statement probably has a potential to derail the thread, but Blizzard needs much more than 1 million subscribers to keep it's head above water. Do you think their CEOs and boardmembers are suddenly going to be okay with lower wages because there's less subscribers? No. The company infrastructure depends on there being a certain revenue. I'd argue that the moment WoW would drop below 6m subscribers already we'll be hearing of major lay-offs and downsizing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    Why cant casuals raid normal, or even heroic? Really tell me. Play the game for 3 hours, 2 or 3 times a week? jesus
    Raidshedules. Sure, sure, there's some casuals who are fine with putting 3 hours aside every friday, but I imagine that most just want to be able to play when they feel like it instead of being chained to a weekly shedule.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦

Raiding is boring.

Level scaling. This would bring back tons of content. Just think of all the old raids and dungeons. Maybe even a new feature like a new ethereal dude in the transmog and void storage team that would bring an old raid item to a certain item level, 1000g per item for example.

Of course for the with not enough time, there could always be 2 raids per expansion with only 2 or 3 bosses, or more Onyxia type raids.
    Don't be sad because of people, they will all die.

Irrelevant. They either cannot or don't want to. The difference from the developer stand point is moot.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

They could do fairly hard chain quests, one opening each week and rewarding normal mode gear... After all, normal mode is already trivial, getting a full set of it if you keep up with all the quests wouldn't be so bad for the game health.

But first we would have to agree if really hard quests that would take no more than 1h-2h/week for someone knowing how to play are casual or not. You all know they will end up nerfed to the ground, and good casuals will be out of content again.

I can't be tied to a schedule in a video game.

If you can casually get the same rewards as you do by spending time and effort raiding, why would people raid? This is definitely not gonna happen, since raiding has always been, and always will be, the main force of WoW.

Don't see why raids needs to be on schedule. I raid with guildies only when everybody can come online. Sometimes it's 1 day in week, sometimes every night per reset. But, please no more stupid casual-solo content, social aspect is already fucked up, we don't need another 4.3 patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Don't see why raids needs to be on schedule. I raid with guildies only when everybody can come online. Sometimes it's 1 day in week, sometimes every night per reset. But, please no more stupid casual-solo content, social aspect is already fucked up, we don't need another 4.3 patch...
    Because vast majority of people who wanna raid do not want to just raid, they wan't progress, and it's impossible to achieve without raid schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The sense of entitlement in this thread is disgusting. Why do you even play an MMO?
    Dawg are you serious

i dont really understand this.. then what kind of content are u wanting? theres never been more none raid content than right now

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Then you cannot meaningfully raid, and should be asking for 5 man content or solo content (or play a single player game). It's a simple fact of life that if you want to do something meaningful with a group of people, you need to schedule some time when everyone is available. People do it for all kinds of hobbies all the time, there's nothing bad or wrong about that.

Sounds like you're just tired of WoW and not just MoP as it is right now. None of the previous expansions have offered what you ask, maybe except Wrath, but the consequence came with there being no real challenge in the game for other people than casuals, besides HC LK, Firefighter and Yogg 0, two of those mentioned becoming irrelevant very fast, leaving us with only HC LK as a challenge.

If you want Wrath normal raid difficulty, which I'm not sure if you do since you aren't really stating what it is you wish to do specifically, then go for flex, there's plenty of Pugs for that too, so you can do it whenever you feel like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitus View Post
    The sense of entitlement in this thread is disgusting. Why do you even play an MMO?
    There's more to MMO's than raiding, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink.
    But why would you need normal/heroic raiding gear if you are not raiding?
    I don't really get this. Outdoor content is easily killable in ilvl 500-ish gear, and you can get 535 from TI.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 13/14H.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring View Post
    Then you cannot meaningfully raid, and should be asking for 5 man content or solo content (or play a single player game). It's a simple fact of life that if you want to do something meaningful with a group of people, you need to schedule some time when everyone is available. People do it for all kinds of hobbies all the time, there's nothing bad or wrong about that.
    I'm not asking for anything, I was just answering the common question "why can't casuals raid". And I answered it.