Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Download Oque, another add-on like it, or pug flex from trade chat. Your problem solved. If you don't like that idea then god forbid you make some friends and make a causal, "Hey do you feel like doing this Friday night?", schedule. WoW is an MMO with plenty of options out there for players of all types. They just may not be served in the way that you like. If you're trying to ask for LFR to be harder then you are out of luck. Most true LFR players I run into don't like all the normal raid mechanics and love the sense of instant gratification that LFR give you and flexibility. If you are wanting Flex on a que like LFR then I am afraid that's impossible because there would be those "less than skills than not willing to learn" players who would see the que just for a higher item level and just hit the button, also trolls would then be an issue. I am a casual player too that can never find a schedule to fit my time so i feel your pain, but you can't just sit around waiting for blizz to provide a tailored solution for you. If you believe that should be the case then it is time to face the fact that this is a game not for you anymore and just unsubscribe.

I don't think gearing the game even more to "casuals" (there is a difference even between a person who is casual and a person who just thinks they are entitled to everything but not willing to do the work) is the right way to go for Blizzard that would be slicing a artery open and watching it bleed. Yes casuals are a big base of the game but so are the players who have been with the game from the beginning or close to the beginning. They need to stop dumbing down the game, they will lose an even more significant base of players if they don't.

My only ideas I can think of to fix it would be

Applying two different options for talent trees. You chose which tree you want to use at max level... One that is very simplified and then one that was close to what it was back in WOTLK. The simplified tree could look like the one that it is now, and the other tree could be basically for an advanced or a seasoned player.

An alternative option would be a path of the hero. A rank system like guilds have but for your character. For doing different trials, quests, dungeons, challenges, etc...etc.. you earn different ranks of your class. It would start at your max level (100) however it shouldn't feel like leveling your character all over again or feel like its required. It could give out a mixture of rewards and achievements. Rank ____ causes ___ spell to do 5% damage increase/healing increase or mana regen/dodge or rank ___ unlocks a 2% ____ stat increase.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me or say that my ideas are crappy and I respect that. My ideas are just a couple in a pool of many different people and so are my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    The 1990s called, they want their Everquest design model back.
    Good fundamental game designs don't have an expiration date. Do you go on CoD boards and say "why are we still shooting each other? Quake 2 called and wants it's gameplay back"? Probably not.

In Vanilla that was leveling and rep grinding.
    In TBC you had dailies and random battlegrounds.
    Wrath and Cata had more dailies and 5man heroics.
    Great news! That's all still available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    People are allowed leisure time to do fun things. If you're housebound for long periods of time and on a budget, videogames are quite a good choice.
    They are. But MMO's are probably the worst choice of any of them for someone in that situation.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    It sounds to me that an MMO is not for you. WOW is not a single player game, the content is not designed for a single players experience. Runescape may be a better MMO choice for you since nearly all of its real content is done on your own other than the sorta end bosses who require big groups. You may also want to consider a different genre. I love Skyrim and will pick up Oblivion soon.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Raiding is boring.
    Then does LFR exist? By that standard, we should axe LFR because it's boring and people feel forced to do it.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

wow reading through the thread and you find all manner of excuses.

Casual or not how can you expect blizzard to design content for you if you only have "a couple mins or hours" at a sitting. What can ever get done in that time frame. You're just whiney brats asking for stuff that others put in a lot of work for but you want them for nothing.

When blizzard made raids in vanilla, tbc, wotlk and they weren't seen by vast majority of people they got upset and came up with ways to make people see the content. As such, why would they make content for you if you're hardly going to touch it. I mean how could you. You only log in for 30-60 mins a night or a week or some non sense.

just quit and go play spider solitaire or something. Just plain greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It sounds to me that an MMO is not for you. WOW is not a single player game, the content is not designed for a single players experience. Runescape may be a better MMO choice for you since nearly all of its real content is done on your own other than the sorta end bosses who require big groups. You may also want to consider a different genre. I love Skyrim and will pick up Oblivion soon.

^this /tenchar

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't know what to tell you then bud. I consider myself a causal and let you know why I can't raid. If you don't take that as an answer, then I don't know...grow up maybe?

If I worked at McDonalds, or Wal-Mart, or put video games before real life things, or was white trash and told my daughter to "get the fuck out of here! Daddy's raiding!!", or told my boss that I cannot make it to DC and KC next week or my monthly Seattle trip the week after that, was a teenager, etc....

Then yeah, I could commit to a schedule of one day a week in a video game.
    I work full time with HP. 8 - 6 Monday - Friday and some weekends. Have a wife and a Daughter. My old supervisor from the Helpdesk days is my GM. We are both married with kids. We schedule our raids at 9pm, Tues - Thurs after the kids are in bed so that we can still enjoy raiding. It took quite a bit of work to get the late night guild set up and running, but was worth it. We are 4/14 heroic at this point in SoO. It is absolutely doable without being rude to your wife and kid.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Fuck me... that's the point! They are trying to get everyone raiding when there are players who either just shouldn't be raiding or they do not even want to! And quite honestly, if the designers are creating something that they then need to come up with ways to make the players do it, they do need to change something.

Different forms of MEANINGFUL progression is exactly what WoW needs. If you're too much of a raiding snob to realise, then I have no reason to continue discussion.

So, lets get this strait. You want meaningful content for incompetent players. Define what would be meaningful? Obviously pet battles, Proving grounds, Dungeons, Scenarios, Growing the farm, Quest completion, Non Raid Achievement completion, Rare Mount collecting, Profession leveling, and making gold are not meaningful to you. Whereas the hated Raid IS meaningful to many players.

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I work full time with HP. 8 - 6 Monday - Friday and some weekends. Have a wife and a Daughter. My old supervisor from the Helpdesk days is my GM. We are both married with kids. We schedule our raids at 9pm, Tues - Thurs after the kids are in bed so that we can still enjoy raiding. It took quite a bit of work to get the late night guild set up and running, but was worth it. We are 4/14 heroic at this point in SoO. It is absolutely doable without being rude to your wife and kid.
    Same, I have a job a fiance who I met in WoW and children. We group up with friends and work our raid schedules around our hours and raid after the kids are asleep it is doable.

I can't be tied to a schedule in a video game.
    PvP man. Thats where I went after I was done raiding. Never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitus View Post
    Your entire post was praise worthy, and just to further the conversation and avoid more shit posting I'll toss an idea out there.

LFR gone, bonus Valor that doesn't apply to the cap or large consumables rewards for clearing 5-man heroics with a full group from the same server. They really need to start making the servers communities again and not just giant lobbies where no one leaves their hearthpoint while in-between queues. The world has to actually mean something.
    i would fully support your idea. I feel that opening things to insta groups and cross server interaction has been a breeding ground for toxicity.

Too many people in this thread stuck in old MMO paradigms. WoW does need to cater more to casuals, just in a different way they've been doing.
    Class quests, long quest chains with hard modes that reward gear at valor quality (normal ilvl) instead of "free" from valor farming are two ways I can think of off the top of my head. Make all of these use the multi tag system so you can group with buddies and see their quest stuff too.
    If swtor can pull off class quests AND full voice acting I think bliz can handle just adding class quests. We just need something with more variety that doesn't feel like a grind which 5.4 completely failed at.
    Last edited by Destructus; 2013-11-02 at 05:19 PM.

You're assuming that the alternate progression path = less work and time put in than what the Heroic raider put in. Which doesn't necessarily have to be the case.
    Thing is, if there were even the slightest advantage to it, being equivalent to heroic raiding, you would find the heroic players at the top of that heap too, leaving the casuals wanting ANOTHER form of meaningful content for only them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I feel like Captain Obvious when making this thread, but the game right now? It's shit. Not just normal shit, but pure shite.

LFR? There's no fun in LFR. You run through it once to see the content... and next week you cancel your subscription again until the next raidpatch. In fact I didn't even bother doing LFR either for the last patch, since I already know it's just going to be a huge timedrain of mashing my DPS buttons on an easy boss that takes too long to drop dead.

Timeless Isle, Proving Grounds, Brawler's Guild? Irrelevant content. I might be a casual, but that doesn't mean that I want to do challenging content that doesn't reward anything. I still like to feel my character growing stronger and earning rewards for the challenges that are offered to me.

If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink.
    Even though I agree with you, these are your personal opinions and sadly for us the majority of WoW players and Blizzard love the way things are. I wouldn't get your hopes up for much changing in the way endgame works.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    I heard the new Elder Scrolls MMO is just better graphics Runescape (in terms if doing what ever the fuck you want) Maybe that could be another MMO you would like OP?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Destructus View Post
    Too many people in this thread stuck in old MMO paradigms. WoW does need to cater more to casuals, just in a different way they've been doing.
    Class quests, long quest chains with hard modes that reward gear at valor quality (normal ilvl) instead of "free" from valor farming are two ways I can think of off the top of my head.
    If swtor can pull off class quests AND full voice acting I think bliz can handle just adding class quests. We just need something with more variety that doesn't feel like a gring which 5.4 completely failed at.
    I admire you. We wouldnt be sticking to the old paradigms as Hardcores if teh casuals would just admit they wont have everything we do. Do I feel robbed of gameplay by not having time to do petbattles? no, I simply have limited time to play and I have chosen to raid. (limited but stable, I can manage my time)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultismash View Post
    Is there any decent reason as to why Flex isn't mentioned in the OP post?
    Because Flex is basically, put the best team of complete strangers (PUG) together and go down the content quick as you can.
    Organized raiding with a guild builds some form of relationship with the players you interact with on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    Why cant casuals raid normal, or even heroic? Really tell me. Play the game for 3 hours, 2 or 3 times a week? jesus
    they can, my guild was fairly casual about it, ran 2 nights a week a 3 hours a night and we still progressed while not at a fast pace relatively nicely, i think the Op just wants shit handed to him despite his comments about LFR

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Great news! That's all still available.
    Leveling is too easy to be fun anymore.
    There's not nearly as many 5 man dungeons as there used to be, nor are they as difficult.
    But hey, atleast there's still dailies.