Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You could really PvP. As in PvP for fun and stop whining. Unless you're bad at the game and can't PvP. Then devote time to getting better (like actually keybinding). That or stop playing. Really. You have two options. You can QQ and stop playing, or you can have fun and stop QQing. It's simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The ability to do things on your own and get somewhere was a convention defied.
    Define "get somewhere". Hit max level soloing? Other games allowed for that. But that's where things ended here, you weren't soloing instanced content in this game when it came out.

If it's true as you say that no one with a clue will pay a sub fee for a game that hands them everything then the develpores really ought to remove gear from the game entirely. Gear and more importantly the acquisition of it represents an end.
    It does represent an end, this is true. This is also why we have several tiers per expansion. So how is it logical that handing that end to players quicker is going to keep them involved in the game?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

It does represent an end, this is true. This is also why we have several tiers per expansion. So how is it logical that handing that end to players quicker is going to keep them involved in the game?
    Per expansion isn't relevant as people aren't playing the game for some future expansion. They are playing the game for now and what they can get out of it in the hour or two that they have to spare (if that) at this moment. Handing them the end sooner keeps them engaged because they know they can actually come to an end and get their ego kick/satisfaction trip whatever. In psycho sexual freudian terms they can come to completion and the neuro chemical release in the brain is triggered. It keeps them hungry for new content not overwhelmed by existing content and frustration at their lack of progress and pace.

See that's the biggest thing that I don't think get's across in this discussion. It's all relative. Handing you "the end" sooner may be detrimental because well you have the time and the ability to commit to getting the end. However handing you the end sooner may be just about right for everybody else or for other people at any rate. In the case of the former the worst is that you do it on your alts. I don't really get the objection to speeding up content for the bottom end of people since most of you who play for excess amount of time are so used to repeating content you can just repeat it on alts. I mean what's the difference? You grind on one guy or you grind on 5 alts? You can get your grind on go ahead just do it on an army of alts. Not only that but the game even at it's least time consuming most casual friendly still had tonnes of shit to grind out. Go ahead get your lore master on. Get ambassador rep achieve on (can't remember the fucking name). Go ahead get your old school dailies on. I mean the game had as much grind as you wanted to make of it, just none of it had gear so you wouldn't touch it.

The pacing is all relative and once you key it for the people who have the most time or ability to commit you see that the bottom end drops away when they find out what's ahead of them and would rather not pay to deal with that. Frankly I don't blame them. They got used to better, why should they swallow this bs now?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-11-02 at 10:17 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

There is a perfect solution: if your time /played for the last 7 days is lower than 3 hours, you should have access to a special shop, where one can buy HC ilvl items for, say, $4999.99 per item and HC achievements for, say, $99999.99 per achievement/title.
    So those who invest their time in work can have the same like those who invested their time in playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Raiding is boring.
    It is when you do easy stuff that you can do auto pilot... The stuff that really requires you to think and focus is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd like more stuff like the green fire boss if that counts as casual endgame.
    Not really judging by how these threads go. I mean the quest takes some time to complete and isn't afkable unless you pay obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I feel like Captain Obvious when making this thread, but the game right now? It's shit. Not just normal shit, but pure shite.
    Since your post is all about wants and needs from a casual standpoint, why don't you offer up an idea on how to fix things?

Casuals ruined this game. The game originally gave new players a goal. 5 mans were difficult, so was raiding. You had the goal to get better so you could join a raiding guild. The experience of getting better and improving was fun not to mention seeing new content that not many could see. The goal was twofold. You were happy you were above the average player in skill and it showed.

WotLK changed things. Valor rewards, 5 man epics, 10 man raiding, heroic modes, it ruined raiding. Instead of great, epic fights that were one of a kind (25 man, no different versions) that no dungeon journal, now we have encounters with 6 different settings, a dungeon journal, valor rewards, etc.

If WotLK wasn't enough, they added LFR which was an abortion. Nobody tries in LFR. They expect to be carried to their free epics. Epics in vanilla and TBC were just that, epic (barring the arena epics which were jokes). Now epics are worthless. You expect them. After hitting 90 on an alt you can get him in full epics in 1 day. Some random idiot who doesn't try in LFR has the same looking gear as someone who is on the cutting edge of PVE, with a different color.

You think the game needs to be more casual friendly?? Are you crazy? There is nothing to strive for anymore. Log on, queue for LFR, get epics, cry on forums for more epics. There is zero incentive to better yourself at the game except to get a higher ilvl of epics you already have. The game is broken and will never be fixed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    They just need to make sure to add lots of 5 man dungeons.

That was what was missing from this expansion for all of the people like myself who despise raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    Since your post is all about wants and needs from a casual standpoint, why don't you offer up an idea on how to fix things?
    A 5-man dungeon endgame model with a tier-set system, complex crafting and rare mechanics added (certain ingredients only dropping from certain mobs and bosses at a low ratio). Instead of silly challenge modes add a system like in Diablo3 where you can keep increasing the difficulty of the dungeons which increases the dropchance and quality of gear and mats required to craft useful gear or to get access to higher tiersets.

Something like that.
    "Civilized men and bloody giants."

i think lfr broke the spirit of wow

From someone who used to raid on a schedule and was forced to go causual due to real life things and a new job, the game is more fun if you are in a progression guild or at least in a good group where you can laugh and have fun. This wasn't supposed to be a 1 player game it is a multiplayer game with a community. Instead of complainging about nobody giving you anything contribute to the community and you might get something out of it more than just an item that you don't use after the expansion is over.

I feel like Captain Obvious when making this thread, but the game right now? It's shit. Not just normal shit, but pure shite.

LFR? There's no fun in LFR. You run through it once to see the content... and next week you cancel your subscription again until the next raidpatch. In fact I didn't even bother doing LFR either for the last patch, since I already know it's just going to be a huge timedrain of mashing my DPS buttons on an easy boss that takes too long to drop dead.

Timeless Isle, Proving Grounds, Brawler's Guild? Irrelevant content. I might be a casual, but that doesn't mean that I want to do challenging content that doesn't reward anything. I still like to feel my character growing stronger and earning rewards for the challenges that are offered to me.

If Blizzard doesn't manage to add an endgame to the next expansion which offers the same excitement and rewards as normal or heroic raiding, but for casual players, who just want to play when they feel like it, then this will be the expansion that will cause the entire ship to sink.
    There's more to do this expansion than any other.

I recently stopped raiding (I.E. heroic and normal) altogether for school, but I still log in. Why?

There's still reputations I haven't maxed out. THere's still mounts I don't have. There's still gear I don't have (transmog or otherwise). There's still achievements I haven't gotten. I have alts that I could possibly level. There's still rares to kill, items to get from them, etc, etc.

There's plenty to do, more than plenty. I could play the game for 3 hours a week and not have finished all of MoP's content (let alone the other expansions' content) for years - without raiding. I still do Flex from time to time, maybe a normal if the guild needs someone who isn't an idiot and knows what to do.

I digress though. Like I said, there's plenty to do. Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean there's nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    There's still reputations I haven't maxed out. THere's still mounts I don't have. There's still gear I don't have (transmog or otherwise). There's still achievements I haven't gotten. I have alts that I could possibly level. There's still rares to kill, items to get from them, etc, etc.
    All of those things existed in cataclysm as well and yet people insisted (and the developers agreed) that they didn't have enough to do. What changed? I mean I already know but I'm curious to see what others think.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Sounds like most of you just don't like WoW anymore.

Casual or not, you can't keep making demands of the game when the core experience bores you. There are systems in place (OQueue, OpenRaid) for anyone playing the game to get impromptu content and if you choose to ignore them then it just feels like whining. Play something else.

Based on the attitudes in this thread, seems like most of you wouldn't even like Heroic content if it became accessible to "casuals."
    Meddle of <Surprise Cuttlefish> Kilrogg-US

All of those things existed in cataclysm as well and yet people insisted (and the developers agreed) that they didn't have enough to do. What changed? I mean I already know but I'm curious to see what others think.
    The rares in Cata (of which there weren't nearly the amount we have in MoP) didn't have those rarely dropped items (like Mr. Smite's Compass). THe reps really haven't changed, other than we can't just zerg dungeons now to get them done. As it is, I do 1, maybe 2, sets of dailies and a dungeon and call it a day for reps. It'll take me a while to get them all, but I'll do it eventually.

The content is there, people are just choosing not to partake in it, and then complain they have nothing to do. Doesn't that seem a bit asinine to anyone else?

The content is there, people are just choosing not to partake in it, and then complain they have nothing to do. Doesn't that seem a bit asinine to anyone else?
    Once again I can make the case about cataclysm as well and people were choosing now to participate then. What changed now?
    The hammer comes down:

Bloodsail Admiral
    complex crafting
    Yes, yes, YES!

This all the way!

Once again I can make the case about cataclysm as well and people were choosing now to participate then. Lot's of shit you could have done but didn't. Lore master, old school dailies, tol barad, achievements, xmog gear you name it. What changed now?
    The hammer comes down:

This whole expansion catered to casual players with all of the solo content--proving grounds, brawler's guild, pet battles, farmville, semi-dynamic daily questlines and the ability to earn valor through non group content, and another difficulty level below normal mode. Not to mention scenarios, dungeons, casual-friendly world bosses that require little to no organization, LFR, old content soloing, etc....I mean really OP, I'm not sure what you want Blizzard to do for you to improve your wow experience as a casual player.