1. #1

    Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

    Just a quick question
    Could Warlords of Draenor be "Warcraft" movie sub-title? As I saw what were people writing when they saw Warcraft movie teaser, they were talking about redd-ish landscape that describes Draenor pretty well. And Alleria with Turalyon as main characters against warlords?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,036
    No it cannot be. From the trademark:

    Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
    Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games.



  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No it cannot be. From the trademark:
    What about a small mobile game related to the movie?

  4. #4
    Goods & sercives specifications from the trademark, everything has the word "game".
    Don't be sad because of people, they will all die.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Goods & sercives specifications from the trademark, everything has the word "game".
    So maybe a small mobile game related to the movie? I'd go with WoD being connected to the upcoming Warcraft movie.

  6. #6
    Over 9000! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    9,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    So maybe a small mobile game related to the movie? I'd go with WoD being connected to the upcoming Warcraft movie.
    It's not, it is game related meaning Warcraft 4 or Xpac, I don't want it to be the Xpac. But it could be.

  7. #7
    Over 9000! Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    It's not, it is game related meaning Warcraft 4 or Xpac, I don't want it to be the Xpac. But it could be.
    It also wouldn't be Warcraft 4. Because the trademark for Warcraft 4 would be "Warcraft 4" or "Warcraft IV" And if "Warlords of Draenor" was an obligatory subtitle then it would be "Warcraft 4: Warlords of Draenor" or "Warcraft IV: Warlords of Draenor".

    But as it stands there's 0% chance that it's Warcraft 4.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    What about a small mobile game related to the movie?
    That's possible but not probable. With the movie coming out late next year but Blizzcon coming up now I'd bet my money on an expansion.



  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Balager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No it cannot be. From the trademark:
    Movie tie-in game?

  10. #10
    >_> People don't like the truth, do they?

    http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

  11. #11
    High Overlord NiceJazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    189
    People just really don't want to admit that this is the next WoW expansion.

    Wait and see what it contains before you write it off!
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

  12. #12
    Over 9000! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    9,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It also wouldn't be Warcraft 4. Because the trademark for Warcraft 4 would be "Warcraft 4" or "Warcraft IV" And if "Warlords of Draenor" was an obligatory subtitle then it would be "Warcraft 4: Warlords of Draenor" or "Warcraft IV: Warlords of Draenor".

    But as it stands there's 0% chance that it's Warcraft 4.
    you don't have to trademark Warcraft 4, when you have Warcraft trademarked already.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    What about a small mobile game related to the movie?
    the movie isn't even in production yet, it changes directors all the time because they find other shit to do

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    the movie isn't even in production yet, it changes directors all the time because they find other shit to do
    Wrong, the movie already entered on the pre-production/casting phase, we already know some of the actors and the release date.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
    >_> People don't like the truth, do they?
    They did the same thing with Mists of Pandaria.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •