Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kinda bummed about The Dark Below

For better or for worse it really seemed like the next expansion for a minute and I'm realizing I let myself get pretty hyped about it.

It's pretty safe to say it was a hoax at this point. Anyone else bummed?

Yeah, I was definitely hoping for an Azshara/N'zoth xpac. Love me some Old Gods.

Deleted
    The dark below sounds like another generic "an ancient evil has awakened..."

meh

Quote Originally Posted by Nitty Scott View Post
    For better or for worse it really seemed like the next expansion for a minute and I'm realizing I let myself get pretty hyped about it.

It's pretty safe to say it was a hoax at this point. Anyone else bummed?

The Dark Below excited me a lot more, given that it was at the very least a fair guess to think it was gonna deal with Azshara, the Naga and N'Zoth.

Warlords of Draenor just seems like the name for something that would end up a huge filler expansion. I don't mind a Burning Legion expansion at all. Aside from Sargeras being a boring cardboard cutout villain, the rest of the Burning Legion is interesting, and traveling to Argus/Xoroth seemed like a great thing to do, and I was looking forward to it. But not this..

So no, I'm not a fan of Warlords of Draenor right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, dark below sounded really , really bad. im glad its something else. TBC 2.0 here we go xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    nope, dark below sounded really , really bad. im glad its something else. TBC 2.0 here we go xD
    Who said its something else? Who's to say its still not The Dark Below? What because of a trademark? That could be for Hearthstone. We wont know until they tell us.

Actually no. I think it might be wise for WoW to find itself again. A timetravel expansion with heavy retconning has been lurking around the corner, we just didn't know when it would come. But we all kinda suspected it would come, didn't we? In our heart of hearts? This is a good chance for Blizzard to regain some subs and go forward in a clearer direction and make the Azshara expansion worthy of the light of lights.

I'm bummed we haven't seen an Azshara expansion yet, but I am very happy it doesn't come when the game is bleeding subs like now.

Yea I'm kinda bummed myself. Even though I didn't put much stock in either theory.

I feel like there's far more lore to delve into with old gods and naga.

The legion is just..hey there's lots of demons and they're gonna do something devious. the end.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gunna kinda relax & wait untill Next Friday for the Announcement, my sig explains how I feel.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yea I'm kinda bummed myself. Even though I didn't put much stock in either theory.

I feel like there's far more lore to delve into with old gods and naga.

The legion is just..hey there's lots of demons and they're gonna do something devious. the end.
    I'm sorry that you have such a narrow view of the legion. Especially when the majority of WoW story lines go back to them, from the orcs invading in Warcraft 1 onward. No they were not actually present in wc1 but knowing what we do now we can thank the legion for such things as

Sargers, Draenei branching from the eredar, Orc slaughter of Draenei, Orc corruption/shadow council, war of the ancients, orcs invading Azeroth, medivh, his mother and co, turalyon and allerias disappearance, the creation of the lich king, destruction of dalaran, legion invasion of Azeroth, corruption of the scarlet crusade/onslaught, our return to draenor(which was then outlands), and literally dozens of other very major plot points.

We've actually had quite a lot of old gods over the past few years, and it is in my own opinion a good time for a break

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Aside from Sargeras being a boring cardboard cutout villain.
    The Old Gods aren't? Azshara isn't?

OT: I prayed that it wasn't going to be The Dark Below, however, my prayers may have been answered with Time Travel...Talk about a rock and a hard place, eh?

I'm pretty happy about it. Hated Vashj'ir, a whole expansion like that would make my head explode. Never been very interested in Azshara either. I like Old Gods stuff, but they would only be a part of it. The only way I'd accept such an expansion would be if they threw in some big Nerubian underground empire and Emerald Dream to go along with it, otherwise I'd not be very happy about it.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Below hasn't been denied. Just because there's 2 registered trademarks for WoD and TDB seemed to disappear, and was then covered up with Corgis Unleashed, then who is to know what it could be? WoD theories seem to be based around time-travel, or a revamped Outland. Nothing is comfirmed until Blizzcon hits in under 6 days, so I don't get why people are so sure of WoD being Expansion V. Blizzard could be pulling the wool from under our eyes, or whatever the expression is.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that we'd see two expansion announcements at BlizzCon this year? If that is the case, we might end up getting both the Dark Below and Warlords of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhanken View Post
    Wasn't it stated somewhere that we'd see two expansion announcements at BlizzCon this year? If that is the case, we might end up getting both the Dark Below and Warlords of Draenor.
    Nobody said that, maybe a random person did, but Blizzard did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I am glad we did not get another "old gods" focused expansion. We have had 2 in a row while wrath had a fair amount of old god content. Even vanilla featured a fair bit of old god stuff.

Bring back the legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    The Dark Below hasn't been denied. Just because there's 2 registered trademarks for WoD and TDB seemed to disappear, and was then covered up with Corgis Unleashed, then who is to know what it could be? WoD theories seem to be based around time-travel, or a revamped Outland. Nothing is comfirmed until Blizzcon hits in under 6 days, so I don't get why people are so sure of WoD being Expansion V. Blizzard could be pulling the wool from under our eyes, or whatever the expression is.
    The thing is we don't know if TDB is still signed it disappeared, most think it is being hidden in Swaizland, but this Trademark comes out of no where & someone predicted it a day it was even announced or registered.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Two expansions does not equal two WoW expansions. Blizzard has other franchises to market at BlizzCon; the other expansion would be "Reaper of Souls", for Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were referring to Reaper of Souls and WoW: Expansion V....

How would two expansions at once even work? Or if we would be hearing the name of the next, AND the one after, wouldn't that just cause people to look forward to 7.0 instead of 6.0?

TBD still makes so much sense with the in-game content and datamined new mounts... may be a reach but whats up with the new story about sea monsters?? >.>
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun