Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo glad it wasn't about some boring Naga. Wow that seems like such a boring expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Azshara has motive. Old Gods are chaotic creatures. It might not be intriguing to you, but it's more compelling that "I CAN AND WILL DESTROY THIS BECAUSE I CAN."
    Azshara is....typical for a female Villain, Old Gods' "Let's plunge everything into chaos JUST FOR THE FUCK OF IT!" is hardly compelling. I'm not saying Sargeras is the most compelling and well written villain ever, but he is definitely more interesting than the Old Gods. As far as "Azshara's Motive" Sargeras has a motive too, so does just about every character, I hardly see how that makes her intriguing.

Deleted
    At least the Dark Below sounds more convincing name for an expansion. Either way, in BlizzCon will it all be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Soooo glad it wasn't about some boring Naga. Wow that seems like such a boring expansion.
    It's not like it would just be about naga. For Azshara/N'Zoth x-pack you can cram up a large variety of enemies to fight:

Main enemy: Azshara's naga and N'Zoth's forces
    Secondary enemy: Nightmare druids, bug people (combined forces of qiraji, mantid and nerubians, backed by aqir perhaps)
    Lesser enemy: Bloodsail Buccaneers and/or other pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Azshara is....typical for a female Villain, Old Gods' "Let's plunge everything into chaos JUST FOR THE FUCK OF IT!" is hardly compelling. I'm not saying Sargeras is the most compelling and well written villain ever, but he is definitely more interesting than the Old Gods. As far as "Azshara's Motive" Sargeras has a motive too, so does just about every character, I hardly see how that makes her intriguing.

Sargeras is nothing. He´s a typical saturday morning cartoon villain. Like I said: I don't give two shits about Sargeras. He's boring and bland and I hope he dies asap. Kil'Jaeden and the rest of the Burning Legion on the other hand..

Deleted
    Sargeras is nothing. He´s a typical saturday morning cartoon villain. Like I said: I don't give two shits about Sargeras. He's boring and bland and I hope he dies asap. Kil'Jaeden and the rest of the Burning Legion on the other hand..
    ure totally wrong about that, sargeras is not your typical SMASH U villain, he has good reasons to do what what does (wowpedia.org/sargeras), so stop spewing nonsense, the old gods are your typical saturday morning cartoon villain, they are like SMASH U CUZ CHAOS IS KEWL, but yes Kil'Jaeden is awesome as is the rest of the Legion !
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-11-02 at 05:11 PM.

If they do a time travel expansion for WoW, that will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of players. One Cataclysm was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    ure totally wrong about that, sargeras is not your typical SMASH U villain, he has good reasons to do what what does (wowpedia.org/sargeras), so stop spewing nonsense, the old gods are your typical saturday morning cartoon villain, they are like SMASH U CUZ CHAOS IS KEWL, but yes Kil'Jaeden is awesome as is the rest of the Legion !

Not really, Sargeras is just some Titan who was like 'totes awesome' and then went depressed and sad and became more powerful because of 'the dark side'. Then he became a flamy depressed Titan and decided to just murder out planets full of innocents because he could. Anyone who could take him on would be met with 'that's all according to my plan' because he's so omnipotent and omniscient. That's a kid's definition of character progression. Old Gods may not have much in the way of personality, because they are chaotic beings -- arrogant chaotic beings, but at least they have justification for it.

So no. Sargeras is worth nothing in terms of personality; yes, the rest of the Burning Legion is awesome. As is the rest of the Faceless Army.

Deleted
    Not really, Sargeras is just some Titan who was like 'totes awesome' and then went depressed and sad and became more powerful because of 'the dark side'. Then he became a flamy depressed Titan and decided to just murder out planets full of innocents because he could. Anyone who could take him on would be met with 'that's all according to my plan' because he's so omnipotent and omniscient. That's a kid's definition of character progression. Old Gods may not have much in the way of personality, because they are chaotic beings -- arrogant chaotic beings, but at least they have justification for it.

So no. Sargeras is worth nothing in terms of personality; yes, the rest of the Burning Legion is awesome. As is the rest of the Faceless Army.
    he didnt became sad he lost faith in the titan's vision of an ordered universe, he doesnt murder innocents because he can, he does because he views them as unnatural, u can look at him and see a cartoon villain or you can look at him and see a character with depth, I see the latter because the idea of a man losing his faith and thus becoming evil is awesome, people love characters like Illidan, Arthas or Anakin Skywalker for the same reasons

he didnt became sad he lost faith in the titan's vision of an ordered universe, he doesnt murder innocents because he can, he does because he views them as unnatural, u can look at him and see a cartoon villain or you can look at him and see a character with depth

Or you can look at him with honest, critical and unbiased eyes and see that he's a cardboard cutout at the moment. Maybe they -will- make something of him, but until then, I think he's bland as a piece of drywood, kind of like Jaina was, until she 'allegedly went mad'.

10+ Year Old Account

How are the Old Gods ANY different from Sargeras? The only two differences that I can think of, is that Sargeras has goals while Old Gods do not, and Japanese "artists" probably aren't as fond of drawing "pictures" featuring Sargeras and Schoolgirls.

Jesus Dude, denial much?

How are the Old Gods ANY different from Sargeras? The only two differences that I can think of, is that Sargeras has goals while Old Gods do not, and Japanese "artists" probably aren't as fond of drawing "pictures" featuring Sargeras and Schoolgirls.

Jesus Dude, denial much?

Says the one that keeps spouting "urrh i'm glad we don't get old gods those are so lame buh" all the time? :^)

Pot -- kettle anyone?

Really though, I'm no longer even arguing Old Gods vs Sargeras. I'm being critical of Sargeras a standalone character, because he is nothing but a cardboard cutout. Whether the Old Gods are or not is irrelevant. Didn't I pretty much concede that they don't have a lot going for them in terms of personality anyway?

10+ Year Old Account

Sargeras went to the Darkside because they had cookies, Titans only had healthly Granola Bars.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Or you can look at him with honest, critical and unbiased eyes and see that he's a cardboard cutout at the moment. Maybe they -will- make something of him, but until then, I think he's bland as a piece of drywood, kind of like Jaina was, until she 'allegedly went mad'.
    nope I dont see that like at all sorry, I see a man that served his people but eventually came to disagree with them and thus joined their enemies, a man that holds his own people responsible for the evil nature of demonkind, thinking their order is perverse, unnatural and thus made demons the way they are, the character is totally awesome imo and definitely not an I SMASH U CUZ I CAN villain

Deleted
    I was hoping for Azshara, N'Zoth and a lot of underwater zones + some island with pirates.

but i'm sure it will finally come

nope I dont see that like at all sorry, I see a man that served his people but eventually came to disagree with them and thus joined their enemies, a man that holds his own people responsible for the evil nature of demonkind, thinking their order is perverse, unnatural and thus made demons the way they are, the character is totally awesome imo

Any person that doesn't start out as being evil disagrees with them when he turns evil. A person who thinks that someone's ways (or the ways of multiple people/a race) doesn't work out or sees that those ways are flawed isn't new either. If someone agreed and found another person's ways agreeable, he would not have to go evil and change his ways.

So no, be critical. I get that you like Sargeras. I like the Old Gods for the type of creatures they are: out of the realm of death, fueling the most primal of negative emotions within mortals to stir madness within them, but I can admit that the Old Gods have no real individual personalities that set them apart and make me think "wow, golden character. Love it.". The Lich King/Arthas is what Sargeras could be, but not what he is right now. He's like a proto-Arthas due to lack of development because he's been out of the picture. Maybe he'll get it in the future, but right now, I'm saying that he's not an interesting or compelling character at all. You may disagree, piss and moan, and tell me it's my opinion (something being a tasteful or fun character always is, but we still have standards for what is a bad or good character) and I'll understand that, because it's hard to admit a character might not be as awesome as you think -- but I won't stop saying it.

Deleted
    well dude that's like your opinion, that's all I can say, I love the character and for me a good character is a character that has good reasons to do whatever he does and sargeras has good reasons imo

they can always add lore to make him even better yes, but that doesn't change the fact that I love him even now

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt excited for Dark Below, but Warlords of Gaenor sounds much worse...

WTB pay off for Cata Sylvanas story already!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Dark Below excited me a lot more, given that it was at the very least a fair guess to think it was gonna deal with Azshara, the Naga and N'Zoth.

Warlords of Draenor just seems like the name for something that would end up a huge filler expansion. I don't mind a Burning Legion expansion at all. Aside from Sargeras being a boring cardboard cutout villain, the rest of the Burning Legion is interesting, and traveling to Argus/Xoroth seemed like a great thing to do, and I was looking forward to it. But not this..

So no, I'm not a fan of Warlords of Draenor right now.
    There is not a single villain in Warcraft that hasn't been done a million times over.

Sargeras, a fallen titan(angel) at commands demons/legion (gee sounds alot like....Lucifer?)

Anyways, the only Mary Sue/Cliche that's obnoxous right now (to me at least) is Varian.

That dude is the ugly child of Vegeta and Cloud, along with countless other too cool for school characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Any person that doesn't start out as being evil disagrees with them when he turns evil. A person who thinks that someone's ways (or the ways of multiple people/a race) doesn't work out or sees that those ways are flawed isn't new either. If someone agreed and found another person's ways agreeable, he would not have to go evil and change his ways.

So no, be critical. I get that you like Sargeras. I like the Old Gods for the type of creatures they are: out of the realm of death, fueling the most primal of negative emotions within mortals to stir madness within them, but I can admit that the Old Gods have no real individual personalities that set them apart and make me think "wow, golden character. Love it.". The Lich King/Arthas is what Sargeras could be, but not what he is right now. He's like a proto-Arthas due to lack of development because he's been out of the picture. Maybe he'll get it in the future, but right now, I'm saying that he's not an interesting or compelling character at all. You may disagree, piss and moan, and tell me it's my opinion (something being a tasteful or fun character always is, but we still have standards for what is a bad or good character) and I'll understand that, because it's hard to admit a character might not be as awesome as you think -- but I won't stop saying it.
    But think about it, we have NO IDEA what he has been doing for the last....whenever.

That leaves so many awesome options and storylines because it's not hindered NEARLY as much by the constricts of lore.

Bnding lore to a certain point has been done, but there's always a limit, but he's been behind the shadows, you can do whatever you want with him at this point, it's an amazing concept.

I'm on the other view that The Old Gods have a somewhat pre-determined ending and outlook.

They seek to instill madness and corruption, for all of eternity.

They deal with things inadvertantly, unless we literally walk up to their door step and shove a boot up their arse.

Sargeras? Deals with most things inadvertantly, but I feel has the capacity to deal with things head on and in plain sight, something the Old Gods would never do.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Dude, denial much?
    They're very different.

See my post.

Azshara has motive. Old Gods are chaotic creatures. It might not be intriguing to you, but it's more compelling that "I CAN AND WILL DESTROY THIS BECAUSE I CAN."
    That woud be Old Gods because they exist to cause chaos because they can. Just because you don't know about Sargeras's motive doesn't mean he doesn't have one. Just go read it. It's all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather happy it's not an entire expansion of underwater zones. It's also pretty funny to see all the smug folks wallowing in sadness.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...