Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warcraft movie cast

Okay, by now we know that the movie will be based on the Last Guardian book.

There were already a few cast members reveled, like: Paul Dano, Anson Mount, Anton Yelchin and Travis Fimmel, with his being the lead character.
    Now, I was wondering if you could maybe tell me weather these people would fit any of the main characters of the book?

I mean do you think Travis Fimmel would make a convincing Khadgar (pre-curse) ?

What about the rest of the cast? Who would fit what?
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-11-02 at 01:20 AM.

Since when did we find out it was based on the Last Guardian? Last I heard it was Arthas' arc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Since when did we find out it was based on the Last Guardian? Last I heard it was Arthas' arc.
    I dunno where you got that, but at Comicon was announced that it's gonna be based on LG and that there's a new director.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...l-release-date
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-11-02 at 09:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    I dunno where you got that, but at Comicon was announced that it's gonna be based on LG and that there's a new director.
    This is the first I've heard about the Last Guardian as a story line.
    Maybe we'll finally get Inverted Karazhan as a movie tie-in? (A MAN CAN HOPE.)
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Travis Fimmel a mage? No way sir. A blood crazed warrior? Yes sir.

it was an announcement blizzard about the movie - i did read about the LG being the theme but I'm unsure if that was blizzard confirmed.

back on to the topic - wow... that is a good match for khadgar

" Unfortunately, the Warcraft storyline is still unclear. In 2007, Metzen said it would be a current, "familiar one" from the MMORPG but altered for "film continuity." It would be seen from an Alliance perspective with the protagonist portrayed as a "kick ass human character." However, the project is reportedly sticking with a script written by Charles Leavitt (K-PAX, Blood Diamond), which is supposedly based around the Warcraft novel, The Last Guardian. "

best i can find atm - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/war...nes,24507.html

it's just speculation really
    Last edited by Barrowwind; 2013-11-02 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind View Post
    it was an announcement blizzard about the movie - i did read about the LG being the theme but I'm unsure if that was blizzard confirmed.

back on to the topic - wow... that is a good match for khadgar

" Unfortunately, the Warcraft storyline is still unclear. In 2007, Metzen said it would be a current, "familiar one" from the MMORPG but altered for "film continuity." It would be seen from an Alliance perspective with the protagonist portrayed as a "kick ass human character." However, the project is reportedly sticking with a script written by Charles Leavitt (K-PAX, Blood Diamond), which is supposedly based around the Warcraft novel, The Last Guardian. "

best i can find atm - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/war...nes,24507.html

it's just speculation really
    We'll get more info at Blizzcon panel about warcraft movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I can't find anything where they've talked about when it's taking place except that they wanted it during Orcs & Humans at one point, but thought that'd be too LotR... and that Warcraft gained its real popularity through the MMO, not the RTS, so they wanted to set the movie in something you'd recognize as WoW.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

I said this in another thread, but I think if you shave off his beard in that picture he would make a better King Llane:

I think Anson Mount could pull of Medivh

Maybe Dano for Khadgar?

Going off of the Last Guardian, Khadgar was 17 at the time. Paul Dano could probably pull off a 17 year old better than Travis Fimmel.

Before I read it was based on Last Guardian I always thought this was kinda funny:

Larger: http://i.imgur.com/Mm1Ht0H.jpg
    Last edited by Haxlax; 2013-11-02 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Going off of the Last Guardian, Khadgar was 17 at the time. Paul Dano could probably pull off a 17 year old better than Travis Fimmel.
    What would Travis Fimmel fit than? Lothar? How old is he in pre 1st war?

15+ Year Old Account
    The post you're quoting says have him shave his beard and he'd be a perfect Llane. I'm not I'd agree, I think he looks more like Khadgar myself, and think it'd be perfect, especially for Khadgar's rashness when he's younger.

Deleted
    What?... its not going to be animated like wc3 cinematics...? lmao, suddenly i dont want so see this movie after all.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by topcatti View Post
    What?... its not going to be animated like wc3 cinematics...? lmao, suddenly i dont want so see this movie after all.
    Animating it won't automatically make it a success. There's still a lot of room for real actors to do the source material justice in the movie.
    Butts.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I posted a thread yesterday about what the plot might be, and the most recent post said it'd be based around Arthas:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-film-will-be

I'm not a big fan of starting in the middle of the story, and I'd much prefer to begin with The First War. While that casting website has that little plot detail, nothing has been confirmed so nobody does know when or where the setting will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    I posted a thread yesterday about what the plot might be, and the most recent post said it'd be based around Arthas:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-film-will-be

I'm not a big fan of starting in the middle of the story, and I'd much prefer to begin with The First War. While that casting website has that little plot detail, nothing has been confirmed so nobody does know when or where the setting will be.
    Than at this point we can only hope on next weeks movie panel on Saturday. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if the movie started with the 1st war. Just seems to make sense considering that it would help rebuilding the world of Azeroth to the big screen so that even people who haven't played the games can follow it.

Using Arthas' story as the first movie would just seem like blowing off the big guns and then just having smoke to show for in the aftermath. WC3's story is way too complex to be told as a single movie and focusing on Arthas would just cheapen the overall story of that game. Sure, he is a great character, but he alone can't make a decent movie with all the qualities expected from such a film.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-11-02 at 03:40 PM.

Age is difficult to decipher because of the fact that Blizzard hasn't done the best job of giving a timeline of events and has retconned a bunch of stuff over the years. However, assuming he was around the age of Llane (since they were childhood friends) and following the events from Llane's Wowpedia page, Llane was probably 30-35 years old. So Lothar would have probably been around that age as well.

BTW, the picture you linked in your 1st post is inaccurate. That picture was him after the curse when he was aging.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should definitely give Anson Mount the role of Medivh, and give Travis Fimmel the role of Lothar.

Why are people so hungry for the Arthas-story in a movie? It would literally be the Star Wars prequels in a better setting.