Quick question about Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Well shit, I've been feeling nostalgic lately, Kinda wanna go back to SWTOR, thinking on picking up ROTHC (Even though its a patch, not an expansion :S this shouldn't have a price tag) but I have a few key questions.

1: Along with the expansion I'm also thinking on buying a single 1month gamecard. This is in order to lift several of the RIDICULOUS restrictions on my characters. My question however is this: once that month expires, any characters above the 6 char limit are removed? all the restrictions are placed again?

By this I mean: On my account right now (prefered status) there's 6 characters. Sith Inquisitor (My main) lvl 50. And 5 others that are all below lvl 10 (Knight, Smuggler, Trooper, Hunter, Agent). If I become a subscriber for only a month, after that month expires, would all these other 5 characters retain the right to wear titles, toggle helmets on/off, centralize armor colors, display legacy last name, wear purple armor along with purple upgrades to the ship, Retain as many cargo hold slots and expanded inventory slots as I can afford them, allow companion customization, etc etc etc?

Normally, for prefered status players you'd have to buy these unlocks ONE BY ONE in the GTN, and then apply those to a character individually, if I become a subscriber for just 1 one month, all of these are auto-applied to my characters, and kept once the subscription expires? The same goes for Dual spec (my memory is a little fuzzy but I think there is Dual Spec in this game and its only available to subscribers, once I'm no longer a subscriber, that goes away too?)

2: This is a biggie: Makeb (along with any other planet that this expansion unlocks, I'm not really sure, its ridiculously hard to find a good fan website that catalogs just WHAT exactly is added in each patch and how to unlock/reach it) is still accessible after my subscription expires? I'd hate to sink money into the "expansion" and 1 month gamecard, only to find out that at the end of that month, none of my characters can access the planet anymore.

3: this third question doesn't really applies to the Hutt expansion but the newest one. Again I haven't been able to find just WHAT exactly is it adding, and the main website is as ambiguous as a chinese fortune cookie, so could anyone who's already playing it, sorta list me what it adds?

I'm clear that it adds off-the-rails space combat but only for PVP, and you get upgradeable new ships. That's as far as my knowledge goes however. The questions are: Is the pvp also possible with your default ship? (I kinda love my ship on my Inquisitor <3) or is it with new ships? if its a new ship, does it comes with a new interior or uses the default interior? When you upgrade the ship is the visual upgrade just a paint job or an actual modification of the ship's design?

At what level is it accessible? do you gain exp from it? is it a viable alternate way to level up? is it available to non-subscribers? Can you gain credits from it? are there weekly/daily quests attached to it like there are for Warzones? (I'm only buying a 30 day gamecard to unlock as much stuff as I can on my characters, those restrictions really make the game annoying) Can you at least use the new ships on the default space PVE combat?

wow, so many questions :P I hope someone can provide answers to at least some of them.
    Last edited by Derah; 2013-11-02 at 03:18 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Buying 1 month of sub gets you the expansion for free.
    Use that time to get all your unlocks as you won't keep benifits of a subscriber when you sub falls off.

Makeb is accessable without a sub, always was.

The new xpac is starconflic ported into swtor.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Buying 1 month of sub gets you the expansion for free.
    Wait what? o_O

But 1 month of gametime isn't 15 dollars? and the expansion is 20 dollars? what sort of incentive would anyone have to buy the expansion if buying a month is cheaper and lends the same result?

Use that time to get all your unlocks as you won't keep benifits of a subscriber when you sub falls off.
    Agh :S that sucks. So basically, I should use that month to amass as much credits as I can, and then use them to buy the unlocks for the innevitable day the sub falls off. Got it.

Makeb is accessable without a sub, always was.
    hmm, but its not accessible without the Rise of the Hutts expansion, is that correct?

The new xpac is starconflic ported into swtor.
    What's Starconflic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Wait what? o_O

But 1 month of gametime isn't 15 dollars? and the expansion is 20 dollars? what sort of incentive would anyone have to buy the expansion if buying a month is cheaper and lends the same result?
    because it's a temporary incentive, a promotional event. it wasn't always this way.

Wait what? o_O

They've reached sales saturation of the stand alone expansion, so they folded it into the rewards a subscription provides in order to incentivize subscribing.

hmm, but its not accessible without the Rise of the Hutts expansion, is that correct?
    Correct.

What's Starconflic?
    Next "expansion". It adds off the rails space PvP content and some additional unconfirmed content as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th power of twin pride View Post
    because it's a temporary incentive, a promotional event. it wasn't always this way.
    Ahhh, how long do I have until this promotion is over? And when the subscription is over, the expansion benefits remain, correct?

(Sorry for the long string of questions but I've really been out of touch from the game for a LONG time, I may have to re-learn everything again once I log back in)

- - - Updated - - -

I just took a look at their website, and found this

http://www.swtor.com/join-the-battle-rewards

It says that the promotion ended on october 20th. =( Does that mean I no longer get the expansion for free if I resubscribe? or that time limit was only for the pet and mount? (I'm not really interested in those)
    Last edited by Derah; 2013-11-02 at 04:15 PM.

Ahhh, how long do I have until this promotion is over? And when the subscription is over, the expansion benefits remain, correct?
    It's actually a permanent change, not a temporary promotion. So any time you subscribe since last month, you permanently unlock RotHC. That content will remain after your subscription ends.

That promotion was for the additional rewards, not just RotHC.

Deleted
    As for your question about the characters above 6:

As soon as you enter preferred mode, all chars will be locked. However, you have 6 character unlocks (globally I think) you can use to active a character again so you can play it. I'm not sure yet (ask again in a few days^^) but I think the activations reset when you resub, so you can activate different characters if you pay for a month in between.

As for appearance/title unlocks: sadly no. You have to buy the unlocks, either for CC or from the GTN. As for purples: as long as the item came into your posession while you were subscribed, it will remain unlocked. I know this because I had nice BoE purples drop for one of my chars during a sub, mailed them to an alt and when I hit the right level w/o sub, they were unlocked for me.

Thanks everyone for your answers. You are very kind

=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's actually a permanent change, not a temporary promotion. So any time you subscribe since last month, you permanently unlock RotHC. That content will remain after your subscription ends.

That promotion was for the additional rewards, not just RotHC.
    I'm planning on getting the expansion too...
    So I just want to confirm. I get to keep ROTHC after my one month sub ends?
    Nothing I have accomplished will be locked off (e.g my characters that hit 55)?

~Maxiss

Quote Originally Posted by Maxiss View Post
    I'm planning on getting the expansion too...
    So I just want to confirm. I get to keep ROTHC after my one month sub ends?
    Nothing I have accomplished will be locked off (e.g my characters that hit 55)?

~Maxiss
    Yes.

+10charmanders
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    However, you have 6 character unlocks (globally I think)
    Just wanted to clarify this is not globally, it is per server. If you want to play every class and spec on each faction you can, it just has to be split into 6 characters per server. There may be a global limit, but I had 12 active characters as preferred in the past. Additionally you can purchase account wide unlocks from the GTN for an extra character slot per server.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Just wanted to clarify this is not globally, it is per server. If you want to play every class and spec on each faction you can, it just has to be split into 6 characters per server. There may be a global limit, but I had 12 active characters as preferred in the past. Additionally you can purchase account wide unlocks from the GTN for an extra character slot per server.
    Good to know, thanks. Now, do you also know how those "unlock for all characters" function works? per server or globally, too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know, thanks. Now, do you also know how those "unlock for all characters" function works? per server or globally, too?
    I do, because I've bought some from the GTN. It's all server based. Let's say as preferred you get 6 characters per server. If you purchase the character unlock, it applies one extra slot to each server. So now you can have 7 on each server.
    BAD WOLF

To elaborate (The character slot unlock is a bad example):

When you buy an unlock, it can be individual or it can be Account-wide. I bought an unlock that lets me display my title on my inquisitor main, but when logging on my Agent, she could not. Then I bought the "Unlock Character Title (Account)" and all characters on my server could display their titles, but my Consular alt on a different server could not.

So yeah, the Global Unlocks only apply to the characters on your server. The only one that applies to all servers is the Character Slot. Normally, prefered players can only make 6 toons per server, and f2p players can only make 2 per server. I bought a character slot unlock, and I can now make 7 toons per server.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you buy an unlock, it can be individual or it can be Account-wide. I bought an unlock that lets me display my title on my inquisitor main, but when logging on my Agent, she could not. Then I bought the "Unlock Character Title (Account)" and all characters on my server could display their titles, but my Consular alt on a different server could not.
    Then you need to report this as a bug. Account wide means account wide. Any unlocks you purchase apply to any and all future characters on your account, on every server, not just your server that you purchase it on. What you are describing is a Legacy unlock.
    BAD WOLF