- All 3 Raiding Tiers
- Timeless Isle
- Lore and the how the storytelling was done, especially the 5.1 content
- Flex raiding
- Legendary chain
- Challange modes
- Scenarios overall
- The rep grind at release was just horrific
- Lack of 5mans
- Healing specs not balanced
- Dread Wastes, atleast when I leveled my first toon to 90 I truley hated the zone.
- The first 8 bosses in SoO was quite badly tuned
Uh what? They were easy, as they were supposed to be. Compare to ToT or some 5.0 bosses early on that casuals quit over, much better tuning in SoO. The final 6 bosses are a notch above, as it should be.
The best expansion to date. While the "feel" was not as epic as seeing many beloved Warcraft environments and characters for the first time in past expansions, it was new, it was fresh. It had some of the best orchestral scoring yet, and that's saying something for Blizzard. The production was amazing, the visuals stunning. If you showed Jade Forest on Ultra along with soundtrack to someone playing Vanilla 10 years ago, their jaws would drop. Which goes to show what great work they've done with the engine they have. The best raids since probably Ulduar/ICC. Revolutionary new game modes like Challenge Mode and Flex Raids that have been a resounding success with the intended audience.
I feel like I've just about had my fill of Pandaria now. It was amazing while it lasted, and I will look back fondly. But it feels right to move on to something different now, the satisfaction is starting to wear off.
I will think back to the times we had with the Pandaren while i'm busy zapping Draenei on my Orc shaman.
Enough resting on this island, BLOOD AND THUNDER.
FOR THE HORDE!
The podcasts are all making their post-mortems for mop, the one I listened to today was Convert to Raid and they pretty much nailed it on the head. They played Blizzcon snippets of what the producers of wow wanted in mop and they did an excellent job on the expansion achieving their goals.
- Pandaria Lore was more interesting than I thought (Lorewalker Cho is my homie)
- Proof that they can still make beautiful new maps/instances, etc.
- Monk class is awesome
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- Timeless Isle and Timewalkers
- Raid Tiers were refreshing
- Raids until Throne of Thunder were not interesting (Personal Opinion)
- 5 mans were bland and lacking (level design wise they were sweet)
- Rep Grinding
Overall I really enjoyed the expansion, I can't really hate on it. If I didn't enjoy it I would have un-sub'd by now.
Pace of patches
Good questing, nice use of phasing and storytelling elements
Timeless Isle proved to be a little different than most WoW content
Panda lore better than expected.
A lot of stuff to do at end game.
- Pandaren as a race was handled perfect in my opinion, well not exactly perfect due to the fact they were very "funny" thus I really liked the shado-pan.
-IoT Daily quest/story
-PvP For once, it was rather fun.
-Storytelling mechanisms used. Even if you don't like the lore going on now, how it's being told in game is better than past efforts.
-World bosses and various rares in general.
-Flex mode is good, I see it's queuing tech being adapted for normal mode eventually.
-Legendary quest was good. I see them taking the 'very long quest chain' approach again, probably with a big more variety next time.
Too much focus on dailys in the start.
Very anti-melee friendly in the start, started to get better with SoO tho.
Stats etc. has exploded into stupid high numbers...sorry, I don't like doing 1,000,000 damage to a boss who has 100,000,000,000 HP.(yes i prefer doing 100 to a boss who has 1,000,000, numbers are made up ofc)
Not really weak main protagonist, the problem was, they announced Garrosh was the main bad, so it basicly made me go:meh.. with the story since I knew Garrosh would go badie boy on me.
- Armour/weapon Graphics, yes I know it's World Of Warcraft, but ..they were..stupidly cartooonish to the extreme, the later gear fixed it self.
- Moronic idiocy of the timeless isle as to why the damn NPC's was there(tillers)
- Horrific tuning for 10m raiders(yes i'm looking at horridon who was tunned as a 25m boss at the start for 10m to some degree)
I enjoyed the expansion, my main issue was the alliance getting the dregs off the story as usual and non-human characters having absolutely no presence in the game (except Moira in 1 scenario) other than to make Varian look better.
Scenarios also sucked hard, heroic are ok.
I haven't done much raiding this expansion however so I would like them to bring in more end game options and "force" players into socialising more.
You shouldn't perform postmortems on things that aren't dead yet!
1) Amount and speed of content blew away every other expansion. I actually feel like there's almost too much in the game now, and it comes out too fast!
2) Pandaria was awesome, if you were patient and open-minded. If you saw Pandas and thought "I'm out", your loss.
3) The new things they added were great. ESPECIALLY pet battles. I personally liked scenarios and don't get why people were such dicks about them. It's a heroic with no queue!
4) The new dungeons were okay, some great some so-so. The only real issue was only having 4 to level in (later 5 I think). That was definitely a misstep. They were watered down to be easy for people in greens and blues to avoid the clusterfuck of Cata heroics, which made the VP grind nice and easy but personally I enjoy having hard-as-fuck heroics for the first few weeks of an expansion. Shrug. Personal taste.
5) The raids were all huge, which is great if you're one of those people who bitched constantly about small raids in Cata. I personally prefer smaller raids. But they were all pretty good.
6) LFR was improved a lot from its DS incarnation. I think they have the recipe down now. I really liked LFR Lei Shen, it was cool to have a boss where you really have to actually work together for once. Flexi has been an excellent addition as well.
7) Talent tree revamp was a huge improvement and badly needed. Talents actually play the role they're supposed to, and changing them out is meaningful. They could still use some work but the basic system is right.
8) PVP has... been mixed. I love the new BGs. The inclusion of so many new talents has essentially made every class a "control class" and so it's pretty frustrating now. Plus the usual class balance rollercoaster. PVP probably needs to rebuilt from the ground up, but that's nothing new really. Eager to see if they will finally bite the bullet next expansion.
9) Endgame zones like IoT and TI have been awesome, goodbye daily hubs. Hope they continue to improve on the concept, but it's a great basis for endgame patches.
10) Active mitigation has made my tanks a lot more interesting to play, I'd like to see even more emphasis on it in fact.
Great expansion, in pure gameplay terms it's the best ever by a significant margin. If I wasn't so attached to Wrath it'd take the crown really.
Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-11-05 at 11:07 PM.
Originally Posted by Tojara
Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
Shallow, soulless expansion
Professions rehashed, boring
Quests painfully boring
Rep grinds boring
Lack of any progression
Didnt like the music (rare for wow)
Made all my guildies leave for ever
Made any rl friends quit for good
Pvp was terrible
Small neigh tiny possibility of exploring
Small loot tables (how do they get away with it)
Pandaren completely out of place in wow game
Again players maxing professions after 10 mins or an hour
Ppl still logging in trying to find that great game blizz once made which they butchered beyond all belief
Raiding - Has been AMAZING, best raiding expansion by far, while I don't think any of the raids are better than T11 which was my favorite Tier ever, they have been really consistent, no Dragon Soul no ToC no Naxx rehash etc, just 3 very very good tiers. Since I really play to raid this has been my favorite expansion of all time.
5.1 story telling, I really liked these thought it was done very well.
Brawlers Guild, Challenge Modes, Proving Grounds & Warbringers good solo and small group content, please do more of this!
Isle Of Thunder - Really enjoyed this, best quest hub ever.
Heroic Scenarios - These are fun!
Patch cycle - Like the pace, I am very interested to see how long SoO is out, it can't be > 8 months imo, and I want it to be 6 with a 5.5 patch, I expect this is to much to ask though.
Legendary quest - I like working towards something through the entire expansion.
Lost and found stuff - BoA leveling Items and lore items really really good imo.
Timeless Isle - got old very quickly.
L90 5 mans - This has been the biggest disappointment of MoP.
Valor and justice Point system - They don't seem to know what to do here! I don't know what the answer is but they need to do something, I really hope beyond hope that Timeless isle style of gearing up is NOT the way forward.
Legendary quest - To much RNG before they added guaranteed drop from Lei Shen I had 2 secrets in 7 weeks.
RNG - I don't like the way they have added even more RNG into loot, I really liked having Valor Gear that was same iLvl of Normal, I hope in the expansion there is at least Valor gear the same iLvl as Flex.
5.0 Valor gear behind rep - I actually really enjoyed some of the dailies (I really really liked the Shado Pan ones!) but putting Valor Gear behind rep was a terrible terrible idea.