Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The Great "I called it" Thread

Please post all your speculations of what you think the next expansion will be about here and brag how right you were after Blizzcon!

My two cents will be in favor of the "Warlords of Draenor" with two possible approaches

First approach: The alternate timeline in past Draenor

The history of this place is similar but not the same as the one in our "universe"
    (Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects had one of these)

A major villain has managed to get himself there from our timeline and intends to wreak havoc upon us from there
    ("Daddy they said I was not worthy plz halp")

Wrathion and Anduin get their asses to this Draenor for some story progression

The alternate timeline would have major characters from Draenors history as hostiles and referred to as Warlords
    They would all have a force/clan of their own
    Expect following characters to be "Warlords":
    -Grommash Hellscream
    -Ner'zhul/Gul'Dan
    -Deathwing
    -Teron Gorefiend

Second approach: We travel back in our timeline to Draenor but what we find is not our history but instead our actions there will make it be
    (Example: we help Orgrim defeat Blackhand)

Wrathion and Anduin yet again get their asses to this Draenor for some story progression
    (Example: Use Wrathion to make Dragonmaw Clan)

From here on I will list some stuff which applies to both approaches

Horde and Alliance factions:
    -H: Blackrock Clan led by Orgrim
    -H: Frostwolf Clan led by Garad
    -A: Alliance Expedition led by Turalyon
    -A: Draenei led by Velen

Towns:
    -H: Hellfire Citadel
    -H: Zeth'kur
    -A: Fortress Auchindoun
    -A: Temple of Karabor

Dungeons/Raids:
    -Deathwing's Lair
    -Shattrath

Let me remind you that these are just my guess on what would imo work out best if Warlords of Draenor happens to be the next expansion.
    Last edited by Nozg; 2013-11-04 at 03:27 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the major points I have so far are collected in my sig. My theory on what it all means, the truth behind the Grom statement, the 12 Space Suits, and also why I dislike/doubt Time Travel.

Only other thing is I think the leaker put Time Walking through his translator and it cranked out Time Traveling. Timewalking being a system on the front page a few days back (page 2 now) that let us scale down our gear and possibly level for old isntances.

Edit: I have now included a link to the Timewalking newspost in my sig as well.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-11-02 at 06:24 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Old God did it

There that's my prediction considering it's always a bloody Old God

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sticking to my gut that "The Dark Below" is the next Expansion & Warlords of Draenor is Warcraft 4 related for the 20th Anniversary of Warcraft next year. Something different for WoW's 10th anniversary.

My sig explains my prediction weither it is right or wrong, I'm sticking with it until the final word friday.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a thread like this for Mists. Most people did not return, neither to brag nor to own up they were wrong after the Mists reveal on Blizzcon. I fear a similar fate will befall this thread, sadly.

I think the rumours we had so far are true. Timetravel and Grommash Hellscream as a boss at some point.

I don't think there's room for a new race (since we are getting reworked old races allready) and not to mention that timetraveling will mean everyone we meet is from teh past or not from our timeline. Kinda hard to bring them to our timeline in good conscience.

I also don't think there'll be a new class. I think they'll want to let the classes get a bit better balanced before attempting to add yet another.

I think Blizz will use it to give us an overview of greatest hits of the past for the 10 years anniversary of WoW. So expect many different cool places and events and people that happened in the past to come by.

Called this in May - basically Outland, Arakkoa for Ally, Ogre for Horde. Rexxar would be war chief (proved to be wrong now, but may still be important)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ur-predictions!

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to assume Warlords of Draenor is the new expansion, but it wont be what we think it is.

Deleted
    Warlords of Draenor:
    >Level Cap raised to 100.
    >Outland Revamped as high level area
    >New Continet: Old Draenor.
    >Plot will involve going back in time to prevent the corruption of the Orcs and put us in better stead for fighting the Legion.
    >We'll quest through both Outland and Old Draenor simultaneously.
    >New Hero Class: Demon Hunter.
    >Arrakoa for Alliance and Ogre for the Horde.
    > New character models.
    >Gul'dan will be the final boss.
    >Time travel will be used to smooth out the continuity of Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Warlords of Draenor:
    >Level Cap raised to 100.
    >Outland Revamped as high level area
    >New Continet: Old Draenor.
    >Plot will involve going back in time to prevent the corruption of the Orcs and put us in better stead for fighting the Legion.
    >We'll quest through both Outland and Old Draenor simultaneously.
    >New Hero Class: Demon Hunter.
    >Arrakoa for Alliance and Ogre for the Horde.
    > New character models.
    >Gul'dan will be the final boss.
    >Time travel will be used to smooth out the continuity of Northrend.
    Explain your last point. As I'm not seeing how us going back to WC2 fixes anything about WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pretty much the major points I have so far are collected in my sig.
    well that's solid, i gotta say. as much as i would love some cheesy time-travel stuff this is actually much more plausible. and i still like it. good job.

For the last time: WE will not be trying to change history. There's no moral ambiguity about it. Going back in time to change history for a tactical advantage is pure 100% unadulterated evil. You violate the personal histories of everybody who will ever live simply to make your own situation better.

No increased level cap

the race Arakkoa to some faction

no new class, instead more effort will be put in making the existing classes more destinct

world pvp objectives

LFR removed (flex taking over)

LFD removed at lvl 90 (can be used while leveling but at 90 → not usable)

and a constant thunderstorm that will prevent all flying (except flight paths) all the time (flying removed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    For the last time: WE will not be trying to change history. There's no moral ambiguity about it. Going back in time to change history for a tactical advantage is pure 100% unadulterated evil. You violate the personal histories of everybody who will ever live simply to make your own situation better.
    But what if, in the process of trying to fix the broken timeline, we end up ruining everyone's personal history anyway?

That's what makes time travel such a sticky subject and almost requires you to in the end handwave it away.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    I'm sticking to my gut that "The Dark Below" is the next Expansion & Warlords of Draenor is Warcraft 4 related for the 20th Anniversary of Warcraft next year. Something different for WoW's 10th anniversary.

My sig explains my prediction weither it is right or wrong, I'm sticking with it until the final word friday.
    You know I'm getting really sick of seeing you guys post EVERYWHERE saying "look at my sig" "no look at my sig" "your sig's are wrong look at my sig".

YOU DONT NEED TO POST YOUR OPINION IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor:

Level 90 - 100
    Turalyon and Alleria brought back into the story.
    New models for old races, with information on plans to add sub-race options in character creation
    Obtaining a piece of gear will unlock that design for that particular character to use in transmogrification

Story deals with slowing the onslaught of one of the Generals of the Legion and his subordinate warlords on an unexplored piece of Draenor. We are there to gather as many allies as possible, and deal with the looming invasion. To prevent the Legion from making use of the portals to enter Azeroth and use Draenor as a forward base, we close the portals tying the two worlds together.

Doubts:
    Outland being revamped. Unless they have been working on this for a lot longer than just the development of this expansion, I don't see it being revamped yet. This is a possibility, and a would be most welcome, but they would have to do a lot better than the revamp in Cataclysm.
    Ogres, while they definitely make sense to add during this expansion, I'm not sure what the counter race would be for alliance as high elves seem more a sub-race selection during character creation than a race of their own (arrakoa maybe, but I have doubts about this, too).
    Ethereal, and other neutral races, I doubt they would go through with another neutral race (from the blue post I saw in question to how pandaren worked, they said they weren't happy with them being neutral, but wanted both sides to enjoy the race).
    New class, while this is possible, I have a suspicion that it is unlikely.
    Time-travel theme throughout the expansion, while this is quite possible and could be entertaining (and I have no doubt they could work this into relevance to the story), I can't see it being the major arc of the story. Perhaps a dungeon/raid or two, but not the entire thing.

Any of these doubts could be true, and any of the suspected truths could be wrong, blizzcon will be a decent surprise. I'll have to check back on this after the announcements.

Deleted
    Explain your last point. As I'm not seeing how us going back to WC2 fixes anything about WotLK.
    Oh no, I meant a separate quest chain. It's been thrown around since before Cataclysm was released, but essentially at lvl 70 you get a quest saying "the infinite dragonflight (or whoever) are trying to mess up our efforts in Northrend. Go back in time to ensure that we win against the LK." Thus explaining why we jump back in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Oh no, I meant a separate quest chain. It's been thrown around since before Cataclysm was released, but essentially at lvl 70 you get a quest saying "the infinite dragonflight (or whoever) are trying to mess up our efforts in Northrend. Go back in time to ensure that we win against the LK." Thus explaining why we jump back in time.
    Ah, you just mean adding in the NPC outside the Dark Portal explaining that you're going back in time, basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Why exactly is it "pure 100% unadulterated evil" ? Let's say that everyone's personal history is getting burnt to ashes by the BL. If you're changing that to, "doesn't get burnt to ashes by the BL." Then I'd say that's good. It's a morally ambiguous - and to me very interesting and logical - scenario. If we're going back in time and not changing anything, that's boring as hell because it essentially means playing through events and knowing exactly what's going to happen. No thank you. That's fine for a couple of dungeons, not an entire expansion.

But what if, in the process of trying to fix the broken timeline, we end up ruining everyone's personal history anyway?

That's what makes time travel such a sticky subject and almost requires you to in the end handwave it away.
    And what if your failure to factor in intent to whether or not something is good or evil was deliberate and you're trying to make a strawman argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post

I didn't even think of this... That would be AWESOME.